Christian General - "Why God" edition

Hi everyone! I apologize for missing Sunday, I spent more time than I planned on a lonely dirt-road trip down the valley and then spent some time at the gym.

After years of atheism followed by a return to the church, I feel like I experience religion several levels higher. It's as if I just starting reading about history again, for the first time since I was ten. I understood what all the words meant individually, but I didn't have the life experiences and philosophical development necessary to understand the depth behind them.
I'd often ask that age-old question, "If God loves me then why do I get sad?" I never understood that through sadness and depression I learned how to appreciate and create joy. I went through life like a child, not understanding why he had to do chores like brushing his teeth or washing his bedsheets and believing that a "cool" parent would allow him to stay up until midnight every night and eat cake and ice cream for every meal. But through the tragedies, hardships, and suicidal depression in my life I learned how to love it. I learned how to see light in everything, and appreciate people I once found intolerable, as people once found me intolerable - and often still do!

Attached: b4a.png (778x1086, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins#Descriptions
youtube.com/watch?v=eGwwScorP6w
youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles'_Creed
youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo
openbible.info/topics/jesus_death_
youtube.com/watch?v=F-Rhj-jF9vo
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-23/
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Hell/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The sacrifice of the Christ was to bear all of the hardships, sins, and sorrows of the world, to understand so He might set free. His sacrifice was not just removing our responsibility for our sins, but understanding through experience the pain and anguish that this life brings so many of us. He not only forgave us but felt each stab and every sorrow, personally, as though it was His own mother dying or His own brother killed in front of His eyes. Christ also fundamentally changed our relationship with the Lord, and brought us forever closer to Him.
He reminds us that this life is temporary, but brings us peace and love throughout its hardest times. He promises an eternity of happiness and salvation, which is often misinterpreted as His explicitly promising a fairy-tale retirement village in the sky or some kind of Borg assimilation into an extradimensional entity. However, His promises of an eternity of bliss is tremendously philosophical, and hinges upon your acceptance of His salvation as well. The freedom He brings is greater than earthly wealth or treasures, and we see this in the multitude of blissfully content faithful living in poverty but inside the Church - which we must remember was one of His greatest gifts to mankind, not an optional thing we could attend if we felt like it - against those countless wealthy individuals of the world who hoard millions or even billions and live a life of indulgence but still fall to depression and suicide.

Attached: 1523074951355.png (483x681, 139K)

I hear you user, and I want to listen to what you're saying, but I just found out that Islam's 72 virgins are also 90 foot tall giantesses, and that's kind of my fetish, so I'm a little tempted to switch over to the dark side here.

Attached: ed21dfed3c8e551f708a3cf3d36f4a5c82e29916.jpg (970x1315, 257K)

God bless you, OP, and amen.

Are you that protestant robot with a discord server?
If yes, I miss you.

Hah this thread is ironic right? Heh I get it

>I hear you user, and I want to listen to what you're saying, but I just found out that Islam's 72 virgins are also 90 foot tall giantesses
Source on that?

wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins#Descriptions

Attached: tara_the_angel_by_lazarusthedreamer-d9oa22u.jpg (1600x1069, 249K)

>Islam's 72 virgins
Even if the promises of false, goat-fucking prophets carried any weight, imagine being trapped in a room with 72 Tumblrinas - who were so ugly even a betacuck wouldn't take their virginities - for all eternity.

I'm not a protestant, I'm a [nondenominational/baptist(lowercase 'b')/etc.) Christian. I believe in the Lord God, the Savior Christ, and the Holy Spirit and I believe that He gave us the Church, not the Southern Baptist Conference or the Roman C*tholic Papal Authority or anything else.

And I do not use discord, unfortunately. I'm considering getting on it, though.

It's ok to study Christianity ironically, user. Although I believe fully that the Lord Christ's salvation has bettered my life and that His future rewards are beyond my comprehension, I also believe that any discussion of Christianity for any reason is good - ironic or no. After all, I believe in its truth and its inherent value, so I believe that any discussion of any kind will allow knowledge of Him and His love to spread.

Attached: 763235589.png (269x314, 123K)

>Transparent to the marrow of their bones

Attached: 1493644850477.gif (994x1060, 233K)

> [nondenominational/baptist(lowercase 'b')/etc.) Christian
Isn't it a kind of protestantism?
> He gave us the Church, not the Southern Baptist Conference or the Roman C*tholic Papal Authority or anything else
What's the Church then?

Does free will exist?
Is the Scripture infallible?

I'll admit that's a bit creepy.

Attached: angel eating.jpg (900x2362, 670K)

>Isn't it a kind of protestantism?
Well, 'protestantism' - right in its name - formed as a response to the Catholic Church's heresies (at least publicly - as with any major movement, there was regional politics at play as well.) The Protestant movement was undoubtedly incredibly important to modern and Biblical Christianity, but defining my views with a movement which started a millennium and a half after the ascendance of Christ and directly as a return from the heresies of the Catholic Church just seems very strange.
While the generally-recognized and vague "Baptist" denomination is a relatively recent church, at least in its recognition as a distinct and loose organization, it derives its name from the original practice of baptist and John the Baptist, whose prophecies of the Christ actually predated the Christ Himself.
I can't speak for all baptist churches as (and this is why I love it, and believe it to be primarily a denomination of true and faithful followers) they are very independent and even various Baptist associations are strictly gatherings of independent churches rather than anyone following a central earthly authority. However, the ones I attend are almost entirely based out of the Gospels, and use other books generally as history or philosophy rather than divine commands - which I believe is right. Most particularly, the letters of the Apostles are just words of men, not to be taken as strictly or divinely as the Red Letters.
[cot'd]

Attached: 2ff.png (403x441, 196K)

>What's the Church
Metaphorically, the Bride of Christ and along with the Holy Spirit one of his greatest gifts to Mankind. Literally, the Church is a gathering of fellow faithful, a community and family of love, and an aid to each individual follower to stay true and great in his life and his path towards Christ. The Church is not just a social club, but could be compared to both a college and a support group. The church continually grows as it allows its followers to expand their knowledge and understanding of the Scripture, while helping its faithful stay true and reminding them of the greatness of the Lord and the traps and errors of the World.
Just like anything else, the Church helps its members in all walks of life, both spiritual and worldly.

>Does free will exist
Yes, absolutely. This has been explicitly stated throughout Scripture, from Adam to the Apostles. The Lord can at times predict and even influence peoples' decisions, but neither of these things means it doesn't exist. However, something as little as the promise of free food can predict and influence peoples' behavior, but that doesn't mean the existence of free food means free will doesn't exist.
>Is the Scripture infallible
This is one of the greatest mysteries I have with my faith. After all, there are so many different translations even of the same text, and even the bible itself was assembled by a council of mortal men time after time. I do believe, as I previously stated, that the Gospels are true. I believe for a deep understanding of their message, however, it's necessary to study the original text and learn more about the translations. All books outside the Gospels, I believe, should be treated as supplementary reading.
Many disagree with me, and I make no claim to divine Truth in that statement. However, in all churches that I feel are faithful and true, I note that whether or not they explicitly state it they seem to share my philosophies.

Attached: confuse.jpg (680x743, 67K)

Well my friends I have a brief professional obligation to meet, so I'll be away. At the current rate it seems likely that my thread will be dead by the time I return, but I wish you all well and pray that the Lord can make positive changes in your lives as He has in mine.

Attached: 1444510166533.jpg (231x250, 17K)

god bless everynyan

> Literally, the Church is a gathering of fellow faithful, a community and family of love, and an aid to each individual follower to stay true and great in his life and his path towards Christ. The Church is not just a social club, but could be compared to both a college and a support group. The church continually grows as it allows its followers to expand their knowledge and understanding of the Scripture, while helping its faithful stay true and reminding them of the greatness of the Lord and the traps and errors of the World.
Well yes, sure, I guess all (at least major) denominations will tell the same.
I mean, what is the Church IRL, and why the Catholic Church and wahtever Baptist thing you mentioned are wrong and what is actually right.
> Yes, absolutely. This has been explicitly stated throughout Scripture, from Adam to the Apostles.
I disagree. That protestant discord user I took you for have proven me that it does not exist based on the Scripture. And so, God makes you either good or evil, a believer or a sinner, it's never your choice.
> The Lord can at times predict
That sounds heretical as fuck. What do you mean 'can sometimes predict'? He's omniscient.
> I do believe, as I previously stated, that the Gospels are true.
What is the basis for you belief? Why do you call a part of the Scripture true and another - optional or whatever?

I always like these threads, thanks OP
>tfw no pure qt Christian gf to have 3 kids with

Okay, I've been recently thinking about becoming Christian again but I don't like the idea of "sin". What do I do with sin? How does it work?

Just the whole thing that "God" is something I should "praise and worship" is unsettling to me. But maybe I just need to change my perspective on what God is.

>After all, there are so many different translations even of the same text, and even the bible itself was assembled by a council of mortal men time after time

King James Version my guy, they went and collected manuscripts from all over the world (something like 16000) and compared them with the Textus Receptus(Greek original NT which was almost burned in a trash pile at the Vatican) and the Masoretic text(Hebrew OT). The Alexandrian codex was written by a cult and found to have inconsistencies with the thousands of other manuscripts. Same with Codex Vaticanus. The KJV is an offspring of the Tyndale Bible, the first english translation of the scriptures which was born specifically because William Tyndale saw right through the Church's heresies thanks to studying the scripture, and desired to make them understandable by everyone because the clergy, using Latin bibles that nobody could read, twisted scripture to keep the people under the papal authority. Tyndale was burned at the stake by the catholic church for translating the bible into english. Every company that produces "new" translations has ties to the vatican in some way.

youtube.com/watch?v=eGwwScorP6w

>"you're just anti-catholic!"
If your church didn't murder people for having bibles, molest kids, worship idols, and teach completely unbiblical doctrines then you would have a valid argument to stand on

Attached: catholic-tabernacle-eucharist-idolatry.jpg (360x321, 37K)

God is the self-existent all-powerful creator of the universe. As He is in heaven, His thoughts are higher than ours, so we as mere humans will never fully understand God's wisdom, but He reveals things to us as we are able to understand it.

Isaiah 55
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Corinthians 2
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Thank you for these threads.

Here are some verses that indicate that salvation is by grace through faith. I welcome you to read the precedent and subsequent verses if you think I am taking these out of context.

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-9/11/14-16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

Attached: Cross.jpg (820x1024, 294K)

As for sin, Jesus already died and took the punishment we were supposed to receive for it. What you have to do to be saved from that punishment is have faith that Jesus did that for you, and make an honest effort to refrain from it going forward.

Acts2
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Here are the other verses.

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

Attached: The Cross.jpg (900x900, 809K)

You know how your parents love you but they probably also don't want you to run naked in the street or touch a hot stove and will tell you not to do those things? God also has stuff doesn't want you to do that is for your own and other people's safety. Your parents will still love you even if you disobey them and get hit with a truck after willfully running naked in the street but those rules are for your benefit even if it seems really fun to go streaking.

There is a bearded man living in the clouds, that has a personal relationship with with each and one of the several billion people on the planet.

He also tell you not to judge other people, except he is allowed to judge everyone, and he also sort of killed but not really his one and only sort of rape baby for you because that would help people somehow.

He will come down from the same altitude people fly planes over one day and take with him those that he subjectively considers worthy.

That is literally how retarded you religiousfags are. We have been in space already, you should have adapted at least a little and made him an inter dimensional being or at least alien that created life on Earth. But no, you chose to live in the past centuries.

I truly the rapture DOES come one day and takes each and one of you retards so humanity can finally progress in piece.

>an all powerful creator is held to the same standard as the people it created

lol this is what Gnostics believe

>Jesus already died
No he didn't because you believe he's fully divine and eternally so, thus never dying and certainly not dying for your sins.

But my parents didn't die for my sins. If God died for your sins and is unconditionally all-loving, as christians believe, then it shouldn't matter what you do.

> lol this is what Gnostics believe
That's so wrong it's not even funny.

This is now a Tim Minchin thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

Jesus dying and descending into hell is part of the Apostle's Creed though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles'_Creed

Jesus is God in the physical flesh form. He died in the sense that his physical body was beaten and crucified until there was no more life(the Spirit) left in it. He then was raised from the dead by the same spirit that inhabited his physical body, which is the spirit of God.

Romans 8:1
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Fuck off christcuck, your "god" died long ago, i think you should join him, kill yourself faggot

If Jesus is fully and eternally God then he did not die. At most you can say like half of Jesus died ie just his human nature which is created and finite.

>appears for the first time in a letter, probably written by Ambrose, from a Council in Milan to Pope Siricius in about AD 390
>first time in AD 390
Cool, so only four centuries after Jesus preached. Let me guess, it was "divinely inspired" so it doesn't matter?

I have hope for universal salvation so I'm really hoping Hitler, Eric, and Dylan somehow made it to heaven even if the odds don't seem in their favor but Jesus also wants us to live our lives the best we can while we're still alive on Earth, and he graciously gave us a guide on how to do that.

Literally went to other planets and edited genes ourselves.

>can get superior than this
You are either mentally challenged or cannot comprehend why the traditional being of God cannot exist.

AT MOST it would be one guy creating everything then fucking off. But even the laws of universe dictate nothing exists forever.

Stop following traditions of men
>I believe in the catholic church
dropped

Attached: 12377659_937569896298383_4237286722846981977_o.jpg (700x377, 56K)

So his human nature, body, died. I know that's what you say. But you also say Jesus is fully divine and eternal, hence the statement
>Jesus died for your sins
is false. Jesus did not die.

I think you're a heretic by christian standards then, since they believe even babies that die without getting baptized are doomed, let alone adults with mental understanding that have sinned.

What are you even talking about, it has nothing to do with my post.

But
> Literally went to other planets and edited genes ourselves.
>can get superior than this
That's weak and low-energy even for fedora atheists. At least believe that man can go further than this, if not God.

Tim 6:9
Let there be no bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo

Literally every verse about Jesus's death says otherwise.
openbible.info/topics/jesus_death_
Jesus died and was raised from the dead. This is the most basic fundamental theme of Christianity.

Yup catholics worship Mary and Jesus (plus 1000 "saints"). Thus God said
>And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

>Literally every verse about Jesus's death says otherwise.
None of the verses say anything about Jesus' two natures. The NT says Jesus died because the authors knew nothing about Jesus supposed eternal divine nature.

Christian qt discord
/v5rn2FF
Also atheists are gay. Get a life.

Attached: 1522599896789.png (420x420, 37K)

>quran
Gabriel was Satan in disguise

youtube.com/watch?v=F-Rhj-jF9vo

The Gospels are all very clear that Jesus died and was resurrected man, I don't know why you can't understand that.

Why have you user not embraced Jesus yet?

>it's ok to fuck kids as long as you marry them or if you're a priest
>if they complain, god is just testing them

>get wife
>beat wife with no consequences
>if not virgin, dump wife
>it's only rape if she screams
>just have to chat with Daddy every once in a while

BONUS ROUND
>tragedy strikes
>thoughts and prayers

>do bad thing
>sorry Jesus
>it's ok

>be poor
>get sweet riches after your dead

Attached: 640.png (640x360, 164K)

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Colossians 2
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
>9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Catholics are not Christian.

Saul was the actual devil in disguise. You and your church of boy-raping money hoarders are all false prophets that invent creed centuries after Jesus left the earth. You have literally no authority. You're the most morally corrupt people on earth yet we're supposed to accept that your 1000s of church fathers were all "divinely inspired". More like inspired by satan given your track record.

>The Gospels are all very clear that Jesus died and was resurrected man, I don't know why you can't understand that.
Yes because the authors of the gospels knew nothing of Jesus supposed eternal divine nature, that was something your false prophets made up afterwards.

Prove to me that christianity is not just fanfiction of judaism.

Bullshit 4:20
It's not just people trying to control the masses by manipulating and reinterpreting the word of god as they deem fit. It's GOD'S WILL BEING MADE.

>anything bad happening is a test from god
>be rich, god wanted me like that
>be poor, it's god's way of showing me to be humble

You sad fucks need a better coping mechanism, like suicide or doing drugs.

>1 Timothy 3:16
Still nothing about two natures.
>Catholics are not Christian.
Did they go astray before or after they decided upon the trinity and bible canon?

>You and your church of boy-raping money hoarders
>church "fathers"
lol I'm not catholic bro, the pope is the actual antichrist

>the pope is the actual antichrist
I doubt it since the jews aren't following him.

Tommy Wiseau 101
It's bullshit, I did not hit her. I did nooot. Oh hi, Mark1

That's not true though, unless it's some fringe cult sect Christians have hope for God giving the gift of salvation to infants. We don't know for sure how anyone is judged when they die, all we can do is hope for the best outcome.

Daily reminder that saul's seeing jesus was actually mirages and heatstroke.

oh, look at the time

Attached: did-someone-say-spiderman-thread-19280376.png (500x390, 110K)

Fuck yeah, let's do this. Oreganalo spidermooon.

Attached: spidermoon.jpg (300x300, 47K)

>It's not just people trying to control the masses by manipulating and reinterpreting the word of god as they deem fit. It's GOD'S WILL BEING MADE.
Again, this is the catholic church who does this, which is why they used Latin bibles and banned english translations of the scriptures, even killing people for having them. Because the scripture actually warns very heavily against them in several instances. People's main problem with Christianity is due to the actions of a Roman sun-worshipping cult pretending to be Christian.

They went astray the moment they decided to worship a man and call him holy father
Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Everything the catholic church teaches is unbiblical. SO everything connected to the catholic church/vatican is also heretical. Peter was not the first "pope", the term "pope" goes directly against scripture so there's no way an Apostle who walked with Jesus would take that title.

So are you a unitarian christian?

Peter 69:2
The spider cometh

Attached: Spiderman_8fa42f_2447982.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>The Gospels are all very clear that Jesus died and was resurrected man, I don't know why you can't understand that.

You understand the process of death, yeah? Your dynamic processes cease being dynamic, organs start decomposing and brain is starved of oxygen, losing it's integrity.

So which is it user, was Jesus a robot or he did resurrect as a brain dead vegetable while being kept alive by modern day life support?

I believe what the scriptures say, because the bible is the word of God, I'm not any denomination or group.

God wrote it himself, right?

But the bible canon was decided upon with people from a denomination and group. How can you believe it's divinely inspired but reject the trinity(if you do) or the church which still claim it's divinely inspired? Because it isn't exactly a small issue the church got wrong...

My pastor encourages the decline of the West and the faith by preaching about tolerance towards Muslims. Why should I go to church every week to hear this man?

WOLOLO WOLOLO
*poof* y'all red now

Attached: wololo.jpg (797x1200, 294K)

Look at me everyone, i'm such a good Christian. God loves everyone and stuff. Unless they're not white...or got born in a different part of the world.

It's not strange that they're racist fucks when they spend hours every day literally worshipping the picture of a white scandinavian dude.

>be Jesus
>born in the middle east
>blue eyes and white

Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

Mark 16:6
And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

Luk 24:39
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Yes God authored the bible,
men merely penned the words.
2 Timothy 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

>Trinity
This is the only thing I'm not sure on, and I'm very careful because I don't want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Hebrew LORD is translated from Elohim, which denotes a plurality. In Genesis God says "let US make man in OUR image". John 1:1 explains this further. And only one verse actually says anything about 3 entities bearing witness in heaven. So my position on trinity vs non-trinity isn't settled yet. However, we do know that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life(John 14 6).

Hey guys, what if Jesus was actually female? and the whole blood of Jesus thing is just menstruation and the impaling of pike was just an euphemism to getting dick?

>men merely penned the words.
yes and then men chose which penned words were canon and which weren't. And then men chose which statements of creed were valid and which weren't.

So you see where I'm going with this. You've already opened the door for more revelation so why are you denying the church?

>This is the only thing I'm not sure on
Think about it this way. If Jesus really preached the trinity, and God told you it in words, which you have read, would you really be be unsure of something this important??! It should be the first thing you learn!

Also I reject any man or group and any teachings of a "church". The scriptures say not to call anyone your father, teacher, or master, and to be careful of people who attempt spiritual authority over you
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-23/

>handle me, and see;
No thanks, my mom told me not to talk to middle eastern strangers.

>Yes God authored the bible
So it was written by men who heard the voices? If you'd do that nowadays they would lock you up in the loony bin but apparently it was totally legit word of god about some thousand years ago.

Did they also heard correctly about the parts in the bible where you have to carry the shovel and bury your poop? Or it also has some hidden religious meaning? Or that it's fine to drown animals or beat women?

I do see where you're going, but I don't believe the bible because of people, I believe the bible because I believe in God. God said His words would be preserved, I couldn't care less what council of men in funny hats decided what, God is the one in control, this has been proven because the Alexandrians tried to change the bible, but the KJV translators found that it had many discrepancies with the 16000 other manuscripts.

>God authored the bible,
men merely penned the words.
>All scripture is given by inspiration of God

So they were either talking to god (hearing voices, thus mentally ill) or they were writing fiction.

By that logic we should also worship Talos, the Seven Gods form game of thrones or Sauron. at least those francises have better world building.

Then what about the Quran which says that the only one worthy of worship is God and that this is what Jesus taught and every other Prophet? Doesn't this make more sense than church teachings?

Praise Talos. Those dirty elves will lever take him away from us.

FOR SKYRIM

I believe that God preserved His words which is the Quran, recited as is to the Prophet as opposed to being a collection of writings after the Prophet passed away in a different language even...

So, do you lads believe in hell? and if you do, do you also think it is a place of torture?

what about people who like torture? is hell for them only vanilla stuff?

You're trying to apply man's logic to how God works, and trying to interpret the bible in your own way, which is not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to read the bible for what it says, not what you think it should mean.

2 Timothy
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

>in modern times they would be put away for hearing voices
Proverbs 1
20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

I don't care about the quran I'm not muslim and Mohammed was deceived by Satan.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2:5 - For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2 Peter 2
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

CATHOLIC MASTER RACE REPORTING IN. FUCK ALL OF YOUS

Attached: 1521961028626.png (1072x736, 1.16M)

kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Hell/

What's your proof that the scribes of the authors who are anonymous and whose writing was transmitted by unknown people and then gathered by "divinely inspired" men were not deceived by the devil?

And if you already believe that christians got corrupted(trinity, worshipping a man, idolatry etc) then would it not make sense that God would send another message? The message of the Quran is that of monotheism as taught by all the Prophets. Why would the devil make that up?

>You're trying to apply man's logic to how God works, and trying to interpret the bible in your own way, which is not what you're supposed to do

Aren't you interpreting the bible too in your own way though? And since it was written by dirty sand men, then why should it not be open for interpretation?

>You're supposed to read the bible for what it says, not what you think it should mean.
So believe, never question. Gotcha. You realize that is a tactic to control the masses and keep them at bay, right?

bullshit 9-11
You know, you should really stop pasting crap and start making arguments or I'll fucking spam you with The Room quotes since Tommy Wiseau is MY god. Then tell you you cannot possibly understand his way and what he wrote.

Sounds like your average family gathering.

seems like it can be interpreted in a few different ways. some verses infer that hell means you simply die and cease to exist. some you could argue mean everlasting torture, but you could also argue that ceasing to exist is everlasting torture.

pretty interesting. i am on the fence about Christianity.

>What's your proof
Faith in God. (How I came to understand how real God is is a conversation for another thread)The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth. And God cannot lie.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Anyone who changes the bible is cursed by God
Revelation Chapter 22

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

You should quesion everything, and the bible literally answers any questions you have, but if you don't even understand that the bible is the word of God you're just reading another book.
>Tommy Wiseau is my god
Have fun then. I hope the Lord opens your eyes and you be saved from eternal damnation.

Whatever you do don't fall for the catholic meme. Scripture alone and only scripture.

Attached: the-whore-of-babylon.jpg (1826x492, 338K)

>God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man
I personally agree but christians don't. I mean, you say the Quran was from the devil but then you agree that it's more correct than christians so...what exactly in the Quran is wrong?

>Anyone who changes the bible is cursed by God
>Revelation Chapter 22
Yes but your faith in God, how does it apply specifically to the bible and not the Quran? Or even the church fathers??

>The message of the Quran is that of monotheism as taught by all the Prophets. Why would the devil make that up?

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Satan used the scripture to tempt Jesus

Matthew 4
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God

The bible is the only true word of God, not the Quran or anything else.

So you should question everything except the bible, right? How convenient for god right? that way he's making sure he's always right.

Have you actually read it btw? And I'm not talking about the child version with illustrations. Or are you talking out of your ass?

>Have fun then. I hope the Lord opens your eyes and you be saved from eternal damnation.
And I really hope you give The Room a try and save yourself from eternal ignorance. And just like Jesus, Tommy also has unknown origins!

>Christian
>lust after other guys
>tried to pray it away for years
>still a khv but the desire is still there
What am I supposed to do bros?

Attached: 1519347346251.jpg (251x231, 29K)

No, you should question the bible, but when you do it with the intent to "outsmart" God instead of honestly trying to understand it, you'll end up with your own interpretation, which is wrong.

Now compare to a mosque where people in plain robes are prostrating to God(which Jesus is reported to have done in the bible as opposed to any of those christian church rituals).

Islam could not be from the devil.

Attached: mosque.jpg (850x565, 86K)

Both Islam and Catholicism are of the devil.