Mingle

this worked out well earlier, but the thread's gone now. tell me how your day has been going, or what you have planned (if anything). talk to each other. have a good time. it's lonely here.

Attached: chief.jpg (2000x1587, 693K)

When I get home from uni Im going to have cup noodle curry and probably some coffee. Im going to get comfy with my food on my desk and look at the window and listen to the rain hit my window. After Im done eating Im gonna play some vidya. Diablo III probably

Attached: 711CAC35-132C-4973-B4C3-B72114101A7D.jpg (1536x2048, 692K)

nice, what are you studying? i love the rain, honestly, never played Diablo tho. is it worthwhile just to kill time? that's all i can really do with video games anymore.

I'm waiting for steam to validate the files for GTA V because I tried to mod it and I corrupted it. Should be done soon, while that's running I'm browsing r9k and watching a Poirot film.

Attached: 1491661015189.jpg (1080x979, 135K)

i am spewing, sulking and chunking in the new flesh of my sweat crust. i experience the anti-emotional, unlike the thin tin foil gods of tintinambulances; others clinging on to peculiar nonexistences: walking away, not walking away: memories crumbling into ash and soon, soil. i wanted to forget everything the moment i became self aware, that carved out moment of solitary sacredness, some naked morning, sleepy-eyed and begging the mirror to return me to the womb.

here i am walking away towards not walking away yet again. it's incapacity to be genuine or in pain, just solitary and docile: it's branded against the skull in many forms: conditional negligence, avoiding you at all costs.

Attached: harmony in ultra.jpg (355x322, 34K)

ouch. not a small game either, but at least you've got something to do in the meantime. poirot as in the agatha christie character, or is this a director i don't know about?
i like the writing, even if i don't think it tells me much about anything i asked. you should maybe write some short stories, or something. dunno.

Agatha Christies's Evil under the sun

oh, cool. i haven't seen/read much of anything, just heard the name. worth a watch?

It's my favourite Poirot film

im gonna wait for my hair to dry and shave

tomorrow im gonna wake up at 5:30, drink a cup of coffee, drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cig, take ritalin, smoke another cig, take the train, smoke another cig, eat some bread with coffee and some ritalin, smoke a cig, go to class, eat some shitty industrial sandwich at noon, take ritalin, go to class and go home at around 8

its always the same

Computer sciences

I like to have games to play that dont require much attention. Things that I can play in the background but still get enjoyment out of. I like to listen to podcasts and music and just turn the game volume down and play.

Attached: 19C205CF-D017-4CA0-9674-E9D43F976708.jpg (1536x2048, 749K)

well that's cool. i've found Agatha Christie kind of boring to read, so maybe that'll be more interesting.

do you have any hobbies at all? anything creative with which to occupy yourself? might be worth considering.
ah, yeah. if it's good for that it might be something i should check out, sounds about right.

>uni has 0 attendance policy (except exams and projects)
>I mostly stay inside
>Keep the Windows open because sea breeze and beach view from the dorm
>Playing guild wars 2 with online friends
>Don't know anything about em except their usernames and genders (maybe) despite playing together for almost 4 years
>I'll sit at the beach after a few hours (it's midnight here)
>The college sweethearts are gone by 1 am then a couple other loners like me and a few stoners hang out till the morning watching the sea or whatever
>I usually put on some lofi and it's pretty comfy desu

used to play GW2 with my father, actually. your life does sound pretty excellent, though, a little bit of envy from me. a beach would be nice, mostly. lucky you.

Yeah it gets pretty hectic during exam season but otherwise it's calm and chill. Sometimes a group of friends do remind me of my highschool friends who have went their separate ways and it takes me on a small /feeltrip/ or makes me crave a momentary company, but then my gw2 friends are from various timezones and someone's usually online which helps.

what are you studying? also, how do you keep up to date on coursework? i assume it's posted online?
i'm in a similar boat. a few of my friends left town for college, a few didn't. i'm expecting to get out of here myself, within the next ~2 years. but till then it's a weird vaguely empty feeling.

I'm studying computer sciences and graphics design (a dual degree because aiming to be a vg designer). Yes all of the coursework is posted online, i also get my hands on most of the notes through a student powered irc and ftp server.

oh, sick. seems like there's lots of comp-sci on here. not really important but interesting, at least. how do you find a place like that? for notes and etc. do they exist most places, or no? if you don't know that's alright, just got me curious.

It's a DC++ server run on the uni's LAN. A ton of other stuff like vidyas, anime, tv and movies are posted there by the students

oh, huh. i don't know of anything like that where i go, but it is kind of a shite school, so that may be why.

You can find a bunch on books on the internet archive. Also there's usually youtube videos for every course content which give in-depth info.

I skipped class today because I was sick
Just practiced my guitar, played video games and cleaned a little
About to go to work
Thank God I only have a 4 hr shift

Attached: 1523830841334.jpg (540x507, 38K)

oh, for sure. it was just interesting that there was a place where notes for specific, current courses were being uploaded.

xtra comf desu. wyd in guild wars?

Working to save some money for when I go to uni. It's the most boring job ever and every day feels the same. Looking forward to going home so I can just chill and watch a movie or something.

damn, sucks to be sick and also working.
how long have you been playing the guitar? also what do you do for work?
what are you planning on studying once you get there? and what kind of work do you do? the best part of every job i've ever had was leaving.

Are you asking what i do in guild wars or about the gameplay/genre of the game

I want to study environmental sciences. If that doesn't work out I'll go for graphic design. I work at a toy store. It's a very simple job and the pay is quite good but not a lot of people come so I do nothing for hours. What about you? Studying? Working?

I've only been playing a couple months I have a squier jm jazzmaster
I work at a small local grocery store so it isn't that bad

one of my favorite teachers ever taught me environmental science. he doesn't really enjoy the hard sciences, anymore, which i suppose is funny.
i'm studying, but a toy store job now sounds pretty good honestly.
oh, nice. i'm thinking about getting lessons so i know a little bit about what the hell i'm doing, and taking it on my own from there.
yeah. i worked at a small pizza place one time, it was great. small places in general are great.

There's a bunch of free lessons online like justin guitar
Check the guitar and bass threads on /mu/ theres tons of stuff for beginners

i've tried a few times with online lessons. i just find that having a person there to correct mistakes is the best way i can learn instruments (played a little piano for a few years when i was younger).

Still not fully settled in the new house, but I'm back to regular week uni stuff, I half assed a report of a final project but luckily walked out relatively unscathed, now I'll have to bullshit my way through a presentation on some advance of another final essay. I'll just get info from Wikipedia and a bit from my sources and make my bibliography from actual reliable sources, idk wtf I'll do for the final hand out but I'll bs my way out of that one, too, meanwhile I'll procrastinate as usual and worry like I actually were to do something about it.
I want to kms because I've had this problem since forever but no matter how much I want to I've never been able to change my ways. Fuck ADD.

Yeah it is definitely better
What other instruments do you play

renting or did you buy a house?
also, that problem's really similar to one i had in high school and i'm mostly alright now. i'm not sure what changed but i'm actually able to keep due dates in mind, and do what i have to before they're due. hopefully it works out for you, too.
just the piano, although i've pretty much lost that now. might go back to it, though.

You definitely should try again
For some reason people like it if you can play instruments

yeah. piano was always a good one because lots of people have pianos for no reason in their house, and seem really amazed when someone can just play it, even a little.

I would really like to learn how to play the piano. Is it hard? Could I teach myself by watching videos and online courses or do I need a teacher?

it wasn't especially hard for me, but i do think you'll learn much faster if you have a teacher. you won't spend as much time doing things wrong that way, and you can improve faster if your technique is perfect, even if your understand of theory is garbage at first.

oh, and also, you could learn theory online much more easily than technique. technique needs immediate feedback, theory doesn't necessarily.