She truly was our gal, wasn't she?

She truly was our gal, wasn't she?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyke_(elephant)

youtube.com/watch?v=F4IH-EqoHws

Attached: ergfhzdv.jpg (1080x1084, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

george-orwell.org/Shooting_an_Elephant/0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you torture an intelligent animal for more than a decade and act surprised when it has enough and goes on a suicide run. Humans...

She was.
We as a species are above every others in terms of intelligence, so we have the duty to no treat them like shit and abuse them.

Attached: 1520351786240.jpg (457x457, 29K)

now im sad, jesus christ man.... make this an animal abuse feels thread?

Was humanity a mistake? Shit like this makes me wish for WW3 even more.

Attached: 1518643751950.jpg (722x349, 85K)

i agree, if we start glassing cities we might as well also glass our own, so that humanity cannot harm the other life on this planet

I'm just over here hoping that a global plague will reduce our numbers to the thousands. There's no chance I'd live through it, but it's the only way for this planet to survive. For all we know it's the only way for any life to survive.

Peta is actually right for the first time in history. huh.

this might have been funny if peta was relavent and the year was 2005

This. We need a plague or something to reduce our numbers. Even if I didn't survive it'd be for the greater good.

Attached: 1457714530274.png (944x540, 726K)

Harambe 2.

>Evil animal who likely deserved her treatment and would have been a burden on humanity, devoid of remorse, if she was free
Good riddance.

I'd say since we're above the others in terms of ethics, we have a duty to scour and punish the other species for their immorality.

yes. how awful

why did she deserve her treatment?

Do you honestly think that you can teach an animal morality ? Especially after becming tortured like that elephant ? No, this is something reserved to us because of our capacities. That's why you can morally punish a human for its immortality, and not an animal.

Animals have no agency so they are innocent creatures. Humans have knowledge of good and evil and many of us consciously choose evil.

Indeed she was.

Attached: 1523008620542.jpg (229x343, 21K)

This reminds me of an essay by George Orwell
george-orwell.org/Shooting_an_Elephant/0.html

Attached: 180px-ShootingAnElephant.jpg (180x293, 16K)

WHY ARE PEOPLE FUCKING EVIL

Attached: 1517278860715.png (590x482, 414K)

>torturing animals is bad
>eats meat thus supporting an industry that tortures animals

Attached: 105074.jpg (774x768, 87K)

>be an omnivore
>ignore an important part of our diet

Attached: nintchdbpict000324354480-e1495027873518.jpg (507x961, 55K)

Except we don't need to eat meat to survive or even have a healthy diet.

>or even have a healthy diet
sure thing, spooky skele

this
I'm able to survive on my delicious soylent drinks. Yum!

I'll remember you, Tyke...

Attached: 1461802342817.png (263x192, 8K)

This. People complain when puppies get hurt and stuff of that sort when they eat meat on the daily. If you're gonna eat meat at least be consistent instead of having a floppy ass moral compass when it comes to animal treatment.
Or just recognize your moral hypocrisy and just say you don't really care about it.

>implying livestock is either intelligent or abused
>not knowing what an omnivore

There isn't going to be some epic plague to reduce human population. While it seems cool it the movies, its highly unlikely to happen.
What we will probably get is humans being forced to use less resources and a gradual reduction of population.

If animals have no agency, then why should we care how they feel? It must necessarily mean nothing to them if they lack agency.

why do teenagers try so hard to be edgy

Attached: 1518650060728.jpg (399x400, 47K)

I've seen cats with those eyes before.

Attached: toga.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I FORGOT THIS EXISTED WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME REMEMBER ABOUT HER SUFFERING NOW IM FUCKING SAD GODAMNIT FUCK

Attached: 1494702963840.png (785x757, 1.23M)

Fuck I didn't ask for these feels, I hate when animals suffer.

Attached: 1523854149331.png (1440x960, 33K)

why couldn't there be a global epidemic in the age of cheap air travel?

I'm not so sure that we have the time for any gradual measures. Plague is, at least, the most natural way of culling a bloated population. Well, that and starvation.

Agreed user. such pathetic, low-effort bait has no place on my illustrious image board!

Attached: regret.png (764x656, 589K)

fucking cunt of an animal hurt humans, get the fuck over yourselves, ya godddamned retards

more dead humans should be our goal friendiendo

was that a winchester rifle?

also damn, poor little elephant.

Blame the circus, not the people who shot it to death with small arms.

As soon the Elephant entered the street they had no choice.

Thank you, op
You ruined my already bad day

Cool. You can lead by example.

>supporting dog fighting is not a personal choice because it hurts man's best friend
>eating cows is a personal choice because cows are fucking cunts

>he doesn't accept the often chaotic nature of death

I'd rather make an example of you edgy faggot

so are dogs retard

Attached: nah.png (1600x900, 308K)

>not knowing what an omnivore

What did the sperg mean by this?

>WAHHHH THEy SHOULDVE LET THS ELEPHANT RAMPAGE ITS WAY THROUGH THE STREETS

fuck off. Yeah it sucks it was abused for years but it was creating a path of destruction injuring innocents.

Attached: dig.gif (320x200, 1.18M)

Not a whole lotta meat on dogs and cats, they are more useful to humans alive.

Attached: 6D0BC074-0275-4A73-B982-20E70C37A8DF.jpg (352x233, 43K)

you know how I can tell you don't interact with many humans? crawl back into your hole

>That's why you can morally punish a human for its immortality, and not an animal.
Pretty sure that one species of jellyfish is the only thing you can punish for its immortality.

>humans
>"""innocents"""

Mate, humans are pieces of shit but a human life is worth more than an animal's life. I would sacrifice my cat if it meant I could save another human.

that's because you're a retarded normie m8

Attached: re.jpg (125x91, 3K)

We need to stop capturing wild beasts, it is wrong.

Just stop. You are making us look bad. Humanity is not going to stop eating meat all together. It's too ingrained in our. Fortunately a complete lack of compassion isn't. The best we can hope for is that even animals bred for food, are treated humanely before they are killed.

Because an elephant is a beast, and thus has no moral convictions. She lives carelessly, in total disregard for a thriving universe--a universe full of beings who have far more complicated and worthy lives than her own. It's my opinion that animals should learn to respect their betters, and as I said: if she wasn't enslaved to a human, she would just be a monster in the wild. Think only on how she'll never feel remorse, will kill without thinking, will never empathize with anyone but herself; and then ask yourself, "why should we provide what the creature is unwilling to reciprocate?"

Animals have plenty of agency--enough to be a parasite on other living things; which is why they're such gross creatures. I do not think we can teach morality to animals, which is why I do not regard them with any kind of ethical privileges. Those who are unwilling to learn or accept deontological rules are undeserving of respect. Ethics is reserved for us because we are superior, and in that, there is nothing one can do which is unethical when dealing with a lower species--or any human who is unwilling to obey moral law. Reciprocity is the definition of right and wrong, and those who do not reciprocate have no ground to whine about being treated with cruelty, and no grounds to beg for mercy. After all, would this pathetic elephant give any one of us mercy? Look simply on the facts: it escaped and injured staff. It would have done so regardless of how it was treated, and the only thing to be happy about is such a horrid beast was killed quickly. She was put in her place.

I bet the kids had a fun day at the Circus that day

Some lonely faggot typed all of this out here's your (you) bitch

Attached: IMG_0363.jpg (500x667, 92K)

Should I feel bad if I don't really feel any sort of empathy towards animals?

If you have normal eating habits, you eat too much too cheap meat so you cause a lot of abuse that happens just to cut costs.

who cares, farm animals serve a propose beyond entertainment, so the ethics are different You act like they are abusing them for fun. Yea morality is complex and PETA fags are the worst black&white viewed people every

slaves should stay slaves must be one of your mottos

unprovoked cruelty is still shitty

You're wrong on a number of levels.
First, while humans are unique in our ability to conceptualize the idea of morality, the real nature of our ethical behavior is evolution, not concepts, and other species have also evolved tendencies to be treat others with kindness and compassion.
Second, elephants have highly developed emotional spheres. They grieve for their dead family members, for example. It's completely untrue to say an elephant would "never empathize with anyone but herself."
Third, it's absolutely not the case that Tyke would done this "regardless of how it was treated." Elephants commonly form affectionate bonds with humans when given affection and warmth. Tyke was brutally abused for years. Emotional wounds drove her to this.

no
however you might be a psycho, get tested

rip tyke
no I didn't make this

Attached: 1521729901686.png (420x401, 344K)

That video is aesthetic, big wise animal crushing sick humans that used it for profit.

such a magnificient beings life wasted being tortured. depressing

>You will never be a giant animal, crushing humans, rampaging through a city until you are gunned down by police

i felt bad for that camaro. i'd be tight as fuck.

Sick humans and a couple of innocents that for all you know could've protested against her being treated like that.

>kill all ugly people
>kill all whores
>kill all mentally retarded/ill
>kill poor
>kill minorities
truly a perfect world

Attached: 1512803873881.jpg (1000x929, 90K)

literally the worst and most useless villain and quirk but is still liked because it has a vagina
lmao

>boo hoo we bad we all must die

Why are you all complaining, we hung an elephant in Erwin Tennesee a long time ago. Did you think humanity got better?

Attached: article-0-1B47037200000578-355_634x817.jpg (634x817, 59K)

And this is why I have no convictions with killing animals. Because people like you unironically exist.
Animal rights is the biggest non issue on the planet. Up there with (((global warming))).

I'd kill 100 thousand people before letting a human hurt an animal if I had the power. Humans are literally a plague on the planet. We breed like fucking rabbits, pollute like crazy and expand exponentially.

>video of elephant who was abused in circus is shot to death
>"nuke everyone"
>gore torture video of someone getting knifed slowly, filleted, getting intestines ripped out
>Not nearly as much sympathy
You gotta sacrifice to spread good you faggots. Of course most people are faggots, but you live for the small amount of anything with quality. If you keep sympathizing with animals more than people, you are passive and not doing what you can or trying or learning to decrease misery in your country. You become another apathetic leech. Of course this shit is horrible, but there's much worse video's of people gettung fucked up harder or tortured but I don't get nearly as much empathy there.

>why couldn't there be a global epidemic in the age of cheap air travel?

it's precisely the cheap air travel that prevents plagues. plagues begin when civilizations with little to no previous contact begin to mingle, when one or both of the populations have no natural immunity to the others' diseases. as long as you aren't emaciated or old or have a compromised immune system the odds of actually dying from infectious diseases is extremely low

>I love animals
>haha not you user you silly billy

Attached: 1212018.jpg (540x298, 28K)