Memes aside, have you ever been diagnosed with autism?

memes aside, have you ever been diagnosed with autism?

Attached: anime.png (530x349, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-43790395
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep. I even have a prescription for it.

Yes, but my only problems with it that I can think of are severe social anxiety and bad eye contact.

Attached: autism.gif (480x270, 537K)

A psychologist diagnosed me for Aspergers and said I show symptoms of Autism and she needs to spend more time with me to give me a full overlook of my mental illness and I was like pic related

Attached: 1519729386461.gif (476x253, 915K)

No because this is how autism is.

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-43790395

Attached: autism.png (1200x1249, 554K)

Does Aspergers count? Cause I was diagnosed with that in middle school.

No, but how would I?
In my third world shithole theres no counselors and shit.

All right, bud. We get it, you're autistic.

im afraid what they'll do to me if I tell them, i dont want to end up in a looney bin. I also think its an excuse for government to blame people for their own mistakes.

>oh fuck someone doesn't like how we govern them
>lets just diagnose them as autistic and throw them in institution.

blames the child for being a degenerate, maybe she should look in the mirror

Asperger's, I don't think I really have it but they still put me in the goddamn special ed class for a whole year before I could convince the school I wasn't retarded. Talked to my parents about it years later and apparently the school never even told them I was placed in special ed. Probably what made me a robot

usually when people joke about it I don't get mad but yes both me and my older brother have autism except my older brother has moderate to severe while I'm high functioning

In order to bump this thread, I must type this sentence so as to evade the robot

Unofficially. I met with a psychiatrist who said I was definitely on the spectrum, but that he'd need a full diagnosis over the course of several weeks to be sure. This would cost a fortune. He made it pretty clear that this wasn't really worth my time, because even with a diagnosis nothing in my life would change.

It was pretty empowering. A lot of my quirks and social difficulties made more sense. I was able to do research and find people who were similar to myself (High Functioning Autism) and learn how to better communicate.

autism is a one way trip

t. diagnosed

Attached: 082.gif (305x320, 980K)

No, though I probably do have Asperger's or Schizoid PD. I don't see a point in trying to get a diagnosis now since I'm an adult and there's probably nothing it will do to help me because of it. I am envious of people diagnosed at a younger age because they had someone work with them to better themselves and be more normal. I was judged all the time because of my odd behavior and didn't even notice until my very late teens.

Not yet, but I did overhear my therapist calling my mom saying she suspected it. This was two weeks ago, so who knows for sure.

Yes :(

t. diagnosed sperg

Attached: 38.jpg (640x1136, 111K)

No, but I was recommended for a psychological evaluation when I was 13 and probably would have come out of it with an autism diagnosis (or worse depending on the (((doctor)))) had my mom actually followed through on it.
Luckily she just thought they were full of shit and spared me from the mental health industry. I will be forever thankful that I wasn't analyzed by some overpaid jew who would claim I had brain issues and then push the sponsored pill of the month onto me.
But regardless after extensive research I've found that a diagnosis of aspergers suits me well. Why do I need a psychologist to tell me what I already figured out on my own?

>didn't even notice until my very late teens
This hurts me the most.

Nope. But I get forced into therapy anyway.
>ur schizoaffective because your relatives are x and x

You'd have to be autistic to find this joke funny.

You were in there a whole year and didn't think to ask your parents about it? You definitely belonged there then.

Yeah man I fucking hate it. Idk if there's some way I can try to change it but I'm honestly trying. I deleted all of my old social media and cut off everyone from my "old past" since I'm about to join the military and try to start over. Hope it doesn't go off horribly as it did in High School. I just want to be happy and accepted among good people. Maybe I'm just too naive.

Attached: 1523400053902.png (600x600, 137K)

Honestly the military isn't the worst idea for an autist. I've never been diagnosed but by my own research I'm like 90% sure I have some mild form like aspergers. As much as being in the infantry sucked balls it was the place I felt the most normal. Everyone is basically forced to be friends and you never have to worry about the anxiety of making the correct "normal" choices since you'll basically have none.

I'm in the Air Force where I'll be working a desk job that translates well into the civilian world if I get my certifications. Just hope things go out way better than they did in HS.

Hope things worked out for you user.

>implying there are people here who haven't been diagnosed
wow leave normies