Who else was a /map kid/ here?

Who else was a /map kid/ here?

Piles and piles of notebooks full of battle and other map drawings from when I was 10-14

Attached: 2058B0A2-3246-447C-8AA5-3187123A1A8C.jpg (996x642, 141K)

I'll post some of my maps later. They were concepts for video games/fantasy worlds that never really came to fruition.

>loved SimCity
>drew elaborate road drawings with buildings and shit
>still draw roads and intersections but now with better scale
I regret not going into civil engineering.

Attached: 1517676162333.png (500x599, 27K)

I would like to see some of those tbqh

I would like to see your maps. I forgot I used to draw meaningless maps as I kid. Was it autism?

>used to rip off fantasy stories and try create my own
>drew maps for them cause loved that shit so much
>bought a ton of school books to write out the stories and draw the maps and pictures of creatures, etc
I have a pretty solid idea of where they'd be stored, too. thanks for reminding me OP I'm gonna go look.

also did anyone ever used to draw 2D maps of people shooting at each other? You'd draw tunnels, artillery positions, pits with spikes, holes, etcetc and then draw stick men shooting at each other all over it. Used to do it in primary with my autist friend, he'd have one side of the stickmen army and I'd have the other

>tfw cartography isn't a valid career anymore

But yeah I've been making maps all my life, it's super fun. Still do for fun every once and a while

Attached: 7EF22B87-E6F3-47A4-B726-649D674E0E18-22560-00000D313A5E62A4.jpg (540x539, 26K)

what a shitty knock-off of northern middle-earth >:^(

I wasn't a map kid but I think I've got some maps to share if you want them.

Attached: 1465961973163.jpg (1434x975, 1.14M)

Hello words for the robot

Attached: 1508752817362.jpg (2000x1209, 733K)

why is it basically our world though
i can see africa and the americas

Words and words I don't know what this map is from

Attached: 1512069935335.jpg (1024x768, 1.02M)

if you mean like something you can make money from I dunno. but a couple years ago i was thinking about signing up for a cartographer degree. it's a government-owned school and it takes 3 years assuming you don't retake any classes

>m o u n t a i n s o f m i s t
pretty fucking sweet name

That's the Warhammer Fantasy Battle world, they did just base it off of Earth though I find it interesting how they dispersed fantasy races around real life geography.

Attached: 1513017633232.jpg (1500x1250, 1.71M)

I used to make fuckloads of custom maps in age of empires 2. Sadly I do not have a single one now, but it is still my favourite game ever

>also did anyone ever used to draw 2D maps of people shooting at each other? You'd draw tunnels, artillery positions, pits with spikes, holes, etcetc and then draw stick men shooting at each other all over it.
Fuck oath I did, damn I forgot I used to do this until you mentioned it

Me too, with biomes and detailed geography...

and especially the borders

Yes, I never really made new worlds but war maps in Europe and asia and all that.

Not really related but I wish halo had detailed maps of the landscape on the ring arrays.

Attached: E447FEDF-DD3C-43EE-BF27-56C1E3975A86.jpg (1680x945, 316K)

I used to have whole fantasy worlds mapped out. I'd just grab a paper and some colors and go nuts drawing worlds with villages, towns, dungeons, everything. When I got older I even made up some basic history for the regions.
This stopped when I was around 10 I think? I moved to my grandma's house and didn't have any privacy anymore. I was self conscious about being judged for my weird maps by my Mexican family so I stopped, last time I ever made a map in that world was when I was like 11 when I drew a cool tropical region that was getting invaded by the human army because undead had risen up from the dead or some shit. I even mapped out boats and stuff and where the frontlines of the offensive where.
A few years later when I was around 13 or 14 I got inspired again and mapped out a kinda shitty but more developed fantasy world. I really liked this one, the basic idea of it was that there was 2 medium sized islands where humans and an insect race lived. (think human sized ants who worship a queen who also happens to be descended from a goddess) The ant-race had more advanced technology than the humans like rifles and whatnot however the humans managed to contain them in their own island with magic. One interesting thing about the ant-people is that they try to assimilate other races into their system. The former human kingdoms on their island were razed, and their inhabitants were enslaved and brainwashed into serving the greater hive.
The "plot twist" is that there's another continent (not-Asia) that's ruled by malevolent dragon-gods who want to kill the ant-queen, end her bloodline, and take control of creation. The ant-queen wanted to assimilate the inhabitants of the islands to mount a stronger resistance against the dragons.
I also have 2 recent worlds that aren't mapped but are pretty spelled out in my head that I came up with after starting to play DnD.