Why are psychologists so retarded?

When I read about bitterness, these "psychologists" always write that bitter people see the world as negative and that bitter people believe that the world has done them wrong.

You see, they always write that bitter people believe things, like it is not a real thing. Like the problem lies within bitter people.

Really makes you think how a person that has had nothing but bad luck, experiences of rejection, humiliation feels like they get treated bad by life.

How come most psychologists are so absolutely retarded. Seriously most psychologists have absolutely no clue about the human mind.

Attached: psyko.jpg (300x300, 13K)

mate, i had over 10 psychologists and it's always the same thing
>how are you today
>you shouldn't think this way
>start doing x thing
>have you considered doing something about that?
>seems that our time is up, i'll see you next week
fucking useless, at least psychiatrists can give you antidepressants and actually change something

People are so far from reality that the human mind is even more intriguing to them at first on average. (Even though they're incompetent morons)
That, and media tends to put more focus on making all kinds of careers and majors seem great but not so much on STEM, Business or law. So more normies are going to psych in the last few years than ever.

this.
It's the same fucking spiel every time.

Exactly kek
It is like most psychologists have been sheltered people who got everything handed by them and never had to think and learn things about themselves.
They just got a degree, read things but never understand things on a deeper level. Only a few people in this career understand the human mind.
Then after they got their degree, fucked up people come to them and then they say. Just be more positive :) Life is beautiful, you just need to see it. kek

Most people are really fucking delusional. Most people are so fucking delusional that it makes me laugh alone at home kek

>want pills to feel better, dont care about getting better
>need to talk to someone to get them

fuuuuuuck

because the point of them isn't to change anything
its just make you feel a little better
society portrays them as smart folk that can fix people with words
but really they're basically a glorified substitute for friends, except you have to pay for them and they don't actually care about you

Attached: 1516218165968.jpg (500x500, 47K)

>i'm horribly lonely, i want to die, the only person i've ever had a real friendship with refuses to speak to me in over a year, im angry/sad 24/7, i have no motivated to do anything but drink myself to an early grave and i have no direction in life
>haha bro have you tried just being yourself and taking a walk?

Attached: ree.jpg (225x225, 4K)

>that it makes my laugh alone at home
How the fuck did you make crying at home alone seem happy?

Well let's be honest, saying that you believe so is the most objective way of looking at it. An individual's experience is wholly subjective, and it might sometimes be delusions. I don't get why that makes you upset.

Because its the more logical conclusion to them. Millions of people are normal functioning individuals in a society and you happen to not be one of them that also has the bitter viewpoint. There is a type transcendent self growth when a person who has experienced nothing but bad luck and misfortune, still manages to somehow beats the odds and succeed in some way or the other. If anything people who have it harder are more capable of transforming themselves into something greater than people who lived their life on easy mode.

Attached: 1518598531940.jpg (480x360, 30K)

kek

yes it is basically help for normies. If you arent a normie, psychologists cant help you. Psychologists can only help the normies keeping up the delusion.

kek

because even though I am miserable and bitter, everything seems so delusional and ridiculous that it is funny.

I eat an apple. Psychologists tells me that I just believe that I have eaten an apple. In reality I have eaten a steak.

Look, I'm not trying to say that shitty psychologists are correct in what they say, but if they have to analyze you as a person it doesn't mean everything you believe to have experienced is true. Victim blaming is not a good idea if you want to help some, but you do have to realize that in the end you're the only person that can guarantee the fate of your life. They just try to give you guidance to try and solve the true reason of your problems, whether that is what you told them or not.

Again, I'm not defending shitty psychologists, but I don't think psychology is a meme.

Because psychology isn't a science. For all their degrees and certifications, psychologists are no more fit to help you work out your problems than Jane the office cat lady who says you just need to smile more.

Attached: 173992324417101.png (1080x1288, 1.36M)

Psychologists aren't there to solve all your problems, just to help you to help yourself. Sometimes it's impossible without the help of medication but until you take steps to try and improve yourself, nothing is going to help you.

>You see, they always write that bitter people believe things, like it is not a real thing
You see, the way you take it that way is indicative of a victim complex.

They are good for normies with normie problems. But if you have reached one point the only way to get out is to have some luck. Something positive needs to happen so you can build the strength to start over.

There are a lot of pharmashills here. GTFO

Sadly there are a lot of bad and unskilled psychologists but that dosn't mean pills are a useful solution and psychology is a meme. Drugging your brain won't solve a problem!

Okay I stab your wife and rape your children. Then I take everything you have worked for away from you. Then I cut off your limbs so you can only live in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. Then I come and visit you and tell you that you should stop acting like a victim and that you should take responsibility for your misery. I mean you cant always blame others and society, success lies in your hands( oh sorry you dont have hands anymore) I mean in your faith. Just be positive and happy and then you will see how fast you will be able to walk again.

It makes no difference to me, lad. You can bemoan life and cry that things aren't fair all you like.

If it happened to you it certainly would make a difference you little shit

Psychology is an outcome-based discipline with no concern for truth whatsoever.

It doesn't matter to them if your reasons for being bitter are genuine or fake. Their standard of value is getting you to function, by their definition of successful functioning.

If they can convince you to ignore the truth and not be bitter, that is a victory by the terms of their discipline.

Naturally, this creates a sort of Wizard of Oz effect where they can't possibly succeed once you know what the "trick" is. So psychologists may not be "retarded", but they can only actually help "retards".

Everyone has their own problems and strategies for dealing with them. I don't find crying about reality instead of actively taking hand in it to be particularly effective, but to each his own.

The truth is you are a victim. Society does oppress you. It oppresses everyone and maybe it does so more to you. But moaning about it isn't going to do anything. Die like a wimp or stand. Psychologists are just trying to tell you that in a way that doesn't hurt your feefees and honestly that's what makes them useless.

Attached: 1508484793160.png (1920x1080, 876K)

You only get from a psychologist what you put in, no one can change you for you. Seems there are a lot of presumptuous patients here, don't think the assessment from a miserable one has much merit.

>tfw smoking weed did more for me than any shrink ever did

whatever you do dont stop smoking because anything you think weed teaches you will be gone after you stop for 6 months

I don't think weed "teaches" me anything.

But since I started smoking (almost 2 years ago), I've been eating less and exercising more (I live in the NL and I bike to and from the coffeeshop pretty much every day), so I've lost a shitton of weight, which makes me feel better. And it's done wonders for my social anxiety, and I've made a lot of friends (mostly at the coffeeshop), which makes me feel even better.

So I have no intention of stopping. Just fucking try to stop me.

Trust me, I reached that point. I don't want to go into but I was horrendous. I couldn't do anything for years, even with medication and professional help until I realised it needed to come from myself. It's obviously difficult, it took really small steps, medication and psychological help but I began to get better. I'm still nowhere near fine but I'm doing pretty well in comparison (still pretty badly compared to 'normal') with very minimal medication. You can't get better until you get into the right mindset and truly want to get better.

You nerds realize psychologist are trying to return you to baseline in society.

It doesn't work because you've never been baseline. You've never been normal.

All they can do is offer you the baseline life tutorial. But you can't do that because you can't sort your shit out. there's no way they can do that for you if you won't do that for you.

So the mantra repeats until you decide it can change...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any of my psychologists were particularly good but you ignore the bad advice you feel won't help and you try and take in the good advice that will. A lot needs to come from yourself. Almost all of it in fact. You need to come up with most of the ideas for moving on to the next step. You need to find the things that will keep you motivated to continue your development. You need to be the one who actively tries to change how they think about the world. It's no fucking easy task. You will fail, a lot. It will take an awfully long time, depending on the severity of course, but unless you keep going like the stubborn fuck you'll need to be you'll never get anywhere. And once you've got it, don't you dare give up. Take one day at a time, live one day at a time and you'll fucking make it.

>They give you advice
>You ignore it, or try it for a couple of weeks tops
?Why are psychologists so full of shit?
They were right all along. It's your problem. The world might have dealt you a bad hand, but it sure as shit doesn't give a fuck about you. If you want things to improve for you, the onus is on you to sort it out. You might as well pull your shoulder and complaining that there are very good reasons for it to have dislocated rather than going through the rehab to fix it.

i don't need life advices for someone who has never experienced depression or anxiety.
almost 3 years ago i talked to an old kindergarten friend about life and man, it was almost like i was looking at an mirror. i still remember almost everything that he told me that day. unfortunately til this day i haven't met him again.
do you understand that almost all psychologists don't know shit about how depression and anxiety feels? they old read a few books, did a test and got a diplome.
if i were a psychologist i would be 100x better and i never studied about it.

i'm going to the gym right now, feel free to reply but don't except an answer in at least two hours

Most psychologists are mentally fucked in some way. At least two I've seen were psychotic on the sly. One was a recovered alcoholic. One was abused as a child. They just learned to cope with it. They are exactly the kinds of people who should help others.

No shit, thats because they got a degree in a pseudoscience.
Contentment and happiness comes from within.
Do what you like doing, if nothing makes you happy just kill yourself i dont fuckin care.

Any psychologist who treats your feelings as not real or illegitimate is doing a really bad job. According to quality shrinks like Robert Firestone, the whole point of therapy is to help you learn to accept their emotions--incliding bitterness and everything else that your parents refused to acknowledge during childhood.

If you feel like your therapy isn't working, tell your therapist about that, even if that means REEEEEEing and sperging out. That's literally what they're there for. The ones who are competent will be very willing to engage with you. And the ones who aren't, well they're bad therapist.

>Any psychologist who treats your feelings as not real or illegitimate is doing a really bad job.
So in other words, 95% of psychologists are doing a really bad job. Good to know, I'll avoid them.

Attached: __takagi_san_karakai_jouzu_no_takagi_san_drawn_by_kamiya_zuzu__sample-257384e99150ac9eba5f10a7821457 (850x1297, 214K)