Does life actually cease forever once you die? I can't believe it to be true...

Does life actually cease forever once you die? I can't believe it to be true. There must be more than just a brief very painful existence then nothing for eternity forevermore. Does this mean Shuaiby is in a dark void he doesn't even realize he is in? Forever?

Attached: 14905676755643.png (1000x1000, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What comes around goes around OP, and I have a feeling we'll all be comin' round sooner or later.

It does actually, but you don't have to think about it, everything has to come to an end, including us, it's scary, I know, but we're helpless against that.
There is no God or no safe place after we die.

next time you'll be alive is when the universe is born anew
it'll feel like seconds to you, but it will be trillions of years

consider how long you've been alive, and then consider how long the universe existed before you were born.

its just like being asleep without dreaming. millions of years can pass and you wont even know it because you have no perception of time

My worst nightmare is that the universe is cyclical. You die , time doesn't exist for you aka you die and are born instantly to re experience the same life over and over for all of eternity.

Well, realistically, there isn't a dark void at all.
There's just nothingness, you cease to exist, and you can't feel it.
Imagine antimatter destroying matter, it's like that.

>gets reborn as a mutant earthworm from an alien planet
>stuck in soil
>screaming at the sun for all eternity

the main organ that gives you the impression of being, or a sense of "consciousness" or a "soul" if you wanna call it, rots away when you die. there's nothing functioning to keep that "impression" going. you simply seize to exist, it's part of evolution, your memories or experiences are worthless or so it seems, only the passing of your genes is what really counts.

fuck you all made me scared to die. wtf

Shh... it will be just like coming back home user. Don't be afraid.

Do you remmber how it was before you were born? It would be the same after you die. Just don't be scared

What if people who don't have kids get sent to a hell created by evolution for not being able to reproduce?

Attached: hmm.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

dunno what would be the point of that

11.7 billion years passed you by instantaneously before you were conscious, and it'll happen again when you die. Also fuck these periodic threads making me aware of my own mortality, it's like manual breathing, it takes ages for me to forget.

since you give birth to a child that is inevitably going to die arent you a murderer????

To punish you for breaking an unbroken chain which began at the dawn of life itself

but if you never get out of hell theres little point in the punishment

Logically you die when your brain dies because that's the only thing that powers you. The universe will go through heat death eliminating any trace of yours and any other persons existence. But shits wack and nobody really knows anything about existence or how and why the universe exists or how and why life exists. Make the best of it because gambling your potential for a future that might not exist is a foolish one.

Attached: 19e39361c54679cfa3fa205a1af4dbf2.616x446x1.png (616x446, 268K)

I don't make the rules user

You have simply been borrowing the elements that have been used to create you. when you die, they are returned to the earth. matter cannot be created or destroyed.

I guess that could be counted as a form of eternal life.

youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

But that's a really gay form of eternal life, I want a harem of qt anime girls. Please fucking tell me there's a chance, I didn't suffer my whole life for nothing right?

Attached: sad kot.jpg (318x313, 24K)

if there really is a soul, then you'll live forever in your thoughts, thinking (Somehow) or just cycling through a series of things. so yes, qt girls. user, just try and be happy in life. run away if you need to. qt girls will come at the end.

They say in the moment you die your brain gets flooded with natural DMT
Maybe you'll see your anime girls and then spend a brief eternity with them before your soul gets recycled.

But what if I shuaiby myself??

Attached: shuaiby.jpg (300x168, 6K)

No, for some reason souls of people who died by unnatural causes cannot go to world of dead
And honestly i think its not so bad as its sounds, i have feeling that world of dead is even worse than world of living

i'm assuming it will be just like prior to birth

yes you are nothing but you are everything at the same time

no joy but also no pain, like going to bed at the end of a long day. very comfy if you ask me

life has no point or meaning to it. it is a brief flash in a endless void. we live and then thats it.

how can one possibly accept having the feels he had going through his mind as the last thing experienced?

Attached: 2016111813320021w.jpg (600x338, 17K)

>life is pointless
No its what I make of it. The meaning I develop is intrinsically unique and rewarding for me.

There are no cases of the human brain creating DMT alive or dead. Just 1 study of a rat that had trace amounts of it.

>Does life actually cease forever once you die?

No, but it's easy to arrive at that conclusion since the entire educational industry teaches you to accept materialism implicitly. In reality, there is actually quite a lot of evidence to suggest that there is an afterlife. See for instance this: horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf

Or in a more presentable format: youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY

youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k

Essentially, NDEs are clearly showing that our consciousness go on after the brain has shut down.

Attached: 1325795886785.jpg (1045x1067, 368K)

>horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
I am not medical practitioner, but just because people are clinically death, it doesn't mean that their brain has shut down. The brain can survive 10 minutes after the heart stops to pump blood into the brain. It seems logical that all NDEs happened in these 10 minutes in their brain and not because their "sole" was transpassing into an afterlife, but for the reason that all sorts of chemicals (maybe even natural DMT) are flowing through your body.

>I am not medical practitioner, but just because people are clinically death, it doesn't mean that their brain has shut down. The brain can survive 10 minutes after the heart stops to pump blood into the brain.

Yes, the brain cells can survive, they don't immediately become instantly decomposed and unrevivable.

However, the crucial point is that brainwave activity ceases almost immediately within seconds. And brainwave activity is what all neuroscientists think generate consciousness.

That is what ceases, and that is why conscious awareness deep into cardiac arrest is such a huge and decisive finding of that study.

>all sorts of chemicals (maybe even natural DMT) are flowing through your body.

But even if we grant that to be true (there's no evidence for it, but sure, for the sake of argument) there is still the basic fact that there simply is no brainwave activity to interpret those chemical changes with. All measurements of brainwave activity that we know of goes flat almost instantly. The brain simply isn't active after 30s. In this study a person had consciousness 3-5 minutes into cardiac arrest.

That should not be possible if the brain is what creates consciousness.

Attached: 1330567671735.jpg (251x251, 9K)

Okay, I understand. Very interesting, but I wouldn't go as far as conclude that this is a prove for an afterlife. For me it seems like an indicator that we know much less about the human brain, than we though we do. Nevertheless just because we aren't able to prove the existence of an afterlife with our current technology and knowledge about physics and neurology, I still wouldn't be surprised if we found one in the future. Considering how often scientist though to know something for sure, just to be proven wrong, proving an afterlife might not be completely impossible.

You can never be too busy for Christ

It's not guaranteed that the universe will be reborn after it dies, though.

How can I unironically make myself religious again? I don't wanna be like this

You speak of evolution like it's a personification. Like its a different version of the Christian God. It's just a word to describe animals having mutations that were advantageous to survival.
Imagine being so indoctrinated you imagine there has to be some cartoonish all powerful force controlling everything. This is the problem with most humans. That hideous desire to bend at the knees. Bleck. That's enough internet for me today.

we are just a glorified chemical reaction, op. Well, a bunch of chemical reactions but sill. When we die, some chemical reactions still happen (e.g. our bodies decomposing). However, the ones that let us be aware of our surroundings and ourselves stop, because the electrical pulses that trigger them disappear

it's less than a dark void, and also the concept of forever doesn't make sense in the context of nothingness.

DMT releases in your brain when you die. DMT can be extracted from plants. Go read people's experiences while smoking DMT.

Yeah, but it doesnt make sense why someone would get punished for taking their lives, given that there is a higher power. The universe is infinite and doesnt revolve around humans, who are but a speck of dust; a small interaction of a few elements who have turned more complicated over some time. Youre just speeding up the process towards your inevitable death by killing yourself. What's the point with all these thoughts and worries when you can just avoid them by rendering your brain cells inoperable?

Actually I was just making a joke but whatever

Why are people afraid of ceasing to exist in this world?

I can't think of anything more comforting

The second Shuaiby pulled the trigger, he was gone before he knew he was even going. Shooting yourself is similar to falling asleep, it's slipping into unconsciousness without being aware of the transition. You even entered the world without being aware of the transition from death to life.

Attached: 1521246075918.png (1490x1208, 754K)

Braphog Day

Attached: nXxXuHg.jpg (500x401, 101K)

admit Jesus into your heart and get off Jow Forums. talk to someone who cares.

Attached: 1521645277581.jpg (637x421, 121K)

I don't get how you all calmly accept non-existance. All our suffering, hopes, dreams, and memories were for nothing. It's not peaceful. It's a complete lack of anything, and I can't even begin to comprehend that. With unconsciousness, you at least wake up, making the whole ordeal seem like it lasted seconds. Actually, it isn't even that, you're just there and suddenly you're back again. But with eternity, there's no waking up. Personally, I believe you can't know for sure that's our fate. What happens after death is beyond our knowledge. We can't possibly know with human knowledge. The thought that this matters is the only thing keeping me going most of the time.

Kill yourself and find out m8

well if you don't know what comes after death, there is an equal chance for suicide to be good, as it is to be bad

How the fuck am i supposed to understand the concept of not existing.Everytime i try, my heart hurts

Attached: 1517442210929.png (486x495, 425K)

like before you were born. just nothingness. or like sleeping without dreaming. could be worse

I don't really have any religion surprisingly, but I do have a belief in the sense that if there isn't anything to 'believe' in then there's no point. So I think people who commit suicide won't suffer after death, and they don't deserve to suffer considering what's pushed them to do it in the first place. I don't believe humans have to be particularly important or have any 'destiny' in order to have an afterlife, I just think there must be more to this seemingly pointless cycle of passing on genes.

idk it just makes the most sense to me. I think it's more likely that we didn't exist for most of the universe's story. Non existence sounds like a more natural state for us than being alive

Because thats the logical conclusion. I recognize my human need to "look for more" in a metaphysical sense but i know thats one of the functions of my human consciousness. We look for patterns in the chaotic void them put a human mask on it and call it god. I care more about the ultimate truths of this existence like my inevitable nonexistence than i do about self deceit. I get a lot more out of harsh truths than comforting lies

I just don't get what the point of living is then otherwise. We want to pass on our genes. Why? Why do we cling to life so badly? What's the actual point of making more kids? So they can make more kids, so they can make more kids, etc etc. I get that just not existing seems like a natural state, but that may just be because anything else is beyond human comprehension, or sounds too far fetched to us. Besides, even if there was anything before we were born we wouldn't know or remember it. Not to get out there with theories, but it's not like we have any way of knowing anyway. I think it's best to live life with purpose regardless of what happens honestly.

I smoked DMT and I felt like I was back home, it reminded me of place we all forgot when we got here.
I did not understand this shit completely, but it sure scared shit out of me. Not gonna do it in near future fellas.
Btw, picrelated is very similar to shit I've seen on DMT for first "moments".

Attached: FileProxy.jpg (1440x600, 393K)

Why do you care about 'harsh truths' so much though? For one, you don't know the actual truth. You could be deluding yourself into thinking there's no point just as much as I'm deluding myself into thinking there is a point. And you don't really get a lot out of harsh truths when there's nothing you can do about it. It doesn't help you in any way or give you any comfort. In fact, not existing and not being aware of anything seems more like living in bliss than being aware of things to me.

we die sooner than we think. all for nothing. trapped in our own minds alone till the inevitable. what a joke, right

Lol okay. Which religion did you bet it all on then? The one imprinted into you by cultural influences? Very great way of discerning truth there

Also lol you know theyre harsh truths. Youre the one doing mental gymnastics to avoid confronting that

I've said I don't have any religion. And it's kind of hypocritical considering you're hedging all your bets on le fedora rick and morty life is pointless ideologies. What are you actually gaining from this? I am aware of the possibility that this is all pointless. But I am also aware that human knowledge is severely limited. That's the problem here. You are trying to find truth when there is no truth on Earth to find. Your harsh truth is just speculation and pessimism, just like my blissful hopes are born out of the fear that there isn't anything and optimism. There isn't a side to choose, which is why I'm arguing that we shouldn't be so defeatist about our existance.

>just don't get what the point of living is then otherwise
Again, we are just complex chemical reactions. "The point of living" is a man made concept and so is its answer, whatever you believe it is. Therefore, it makes little sense when you consider the universe as a whole. I personally think life has no inherent point or meaning. It is what you make out of it

and even if the universe is reborn we would have no memory or even a guarantee to be reborn unless the same particles were arranged in the exact same way and our lives would play out in the exact same way again ensuring that our brain remains of the same particles. Therefore creating an infinite loop. If this were to be true this is most likely not the first (or last) time we've been at this exact moment doing the exact thing that we are doing right now.
This would mean that when you die it would feel like no time had passed before you were reborn and you would have no memory of your past, however it's more likely that the universe will just stop moving after its heat death and become a cold empty void for all eternity.

Who knows? What if the universe contracted into the big bang and all of the residual heat was somehow turned back into what made the big bang to begin with. This would mean that reincarnation on different planets, as different species, as the other gender or not being born at all would all be possible outcome if it was randomized. Though if you were not born again for trillions of years you would never even notice until you eventually were reborn. But I wouldn't bank on the minuscule chance that reincarnation is somehow real.

I get that. I mean, I don't know shit, and it's true that the point of living is a man made concept, but life as a whole is a bat shit insane concept that just happened to come to being. Death also came with life. The events that transpired to create us that also somehow happened to form complex chemical reactions and give us rational thought are strange. It wouldn't make sense if we didn't know so much about science. After all, something like a bird could never even begin to explain life. Death could also be something beyond science that wouldn't make sense to us until we experienced it. It could be something that we just don't know about yet, just like we used to not know anything about life. Of course, I don't know shit, but that's what makes me speculate so much.