How is 2018 going for you so far Jow Forums ?

How is 2018 going for you so far Jow Forums ?

Attached: 1523960375088.jpg (837x734, 29K)

I started it by being a retail wagecuck after graduating uni. I managed to fuck up a would be relationship with a girl and then became homeless for a short period before moving back home broke and depressed.

Its been 2 months of being a shutin living at home now and Ive never been so utterly hopelessly depressed.

>be new year 2018
>go home after seeing family
>sit at computer
>blink.png
>april 2018

meh

Like absolute fucking garbage. Totaled my car, my dad lost his job, I had to quit one of mh jobs, lost hundreds in the market. Have had several panic attacks. Spent a day in the hospital because I had a nervous break down in front of a cop. It just keepi s getting worse.

same as 2017, which was the same as 2016. Terrible, I'm so tired and have no motivation to do anything.

My family keeps trying to get me to talk more but every time I'm in the room with them my default state is to say nothing.

Attached: 1523898584227.png (831x903, 417K)

haven't had any intrusive suicidal thoughts for 2 days now so things are on the up

Attached: 1492245992152.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Not as exciting as years past but it'll be more productive.

Was overseas until the end of January. Moved into a new flat, spent a few months working, dawdling, and preparing documents to be readmitted to university. I had my application accepted two weeks ago. Met with a few advisers, signed up for classes. I have most my 2018-2019 schedule decided and am waiting to receive financial aid for Summer Semester, which starts in a month.

I'm 24 and took 2.5 years off from university and am very excited to be going back.

Also quit drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes and am going to travel internationally for two months over the summer and probably again in winter, too.

Kinda feel like shit is starting to come together now.

It is going alright. Got sectioned but I wasn't in there too long and I do pretty much every year. On this medication that makes me feel weird as all hell now and it's becoming harder and harder to breathe having smoked two packs a day for six years now, I'm developing a smoker's cough and gaining weight like crazy. I have no girlfriend this year so far but I'm able to get more money than I ever have before, enough to buy the trinkets and pennywhistles my heart desires and I have made a new friend after having lost all my old ones.

I am sure my parents are becoming more and more disappointed each year that I didn't turn into something great like someone I can think of though. Family gatherings are getting uncomfortable now that I'm in my 20s and I can't speak about my job or my girlfriend like I assume a normal 20 something does.

since 2014 every year has been shitty. i doubt that 2018 will be an exception

Attached: 1462134539464.jpg (2000x2000, 1020K)

pretty shit.
I can feel myself losing my sanity gradually as I spend more and more time alone.
I'm not quite at the point of suicide, but most nights I go out and drive my car down the twisty roads out of sheer frustration with my life and myself. One day soon I'll just not go around a corner and just go over the edge I reckon.

I'm still a dumb NEET but I feel much happier than what I did last year.

hey user, you can try going to the gym. i've been there for almost 5 years.
it worked for me in the beginning but right now, idk i feel like a ghost in that gym.
but hey, it's a nice sensation to throw your frustrations and anger in the weights.

Depending on how job interviews in one week go, could be the best year in a long time or the worst year in a long time. So far it's been the same old shit as the last 4 years since I started work desu.

I used to for a few months, both going by myself and with someone else. By myself isn't satisfying. it's just as lonely as everything else and I don't feel as comfortable doing it.
if I had someone to go with I would because it gives me someone I can work towards our goals with and encourage and support each other.

>thing i've been working on for the last year looks like it may go down the drain
>went on a date which i thought went well but she's ghosted me when i asked for a 2nd date
>lifting and i'm looking good
>enjoying the beer i'm brewing a lot
>played some good video games already
>made a little bit of progress on my own video game
>I feel indifferent about life

Attached: 1519613790493.png (225x224, 7K)

Ugh even this schizo nut can make a job and get money REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>spent a week in my hometown in January
>began volunteering in a local elementary School in February, work there 2 schooldays a week
>On top of this, also volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters
>continuing my college courses, all free at community college because scholarships are so easy to get for community college (it's essentially the first two years of your degree for free, there's no reason not to go)
>maintaining my 3.75 GPA
>Took a trip to Japan to visit my best friend and her boyfriend, had an amazing time
>saved up nearly $8,000 so far, not much but learning to be good with money is important to me
>My fiance got her first job this year after finishing her CNA, makes $1,000 every 10 days
>She bought us a surprise trip to San Diego for the weekend
>Got a lot more involved in a friendship between me and two immigrant twin sisters, they're as close as family now
>Built a 720 credit score
>Cut out my addicition to energy drinks. Used to drink 2 a day everyday for years.
Two years ago I had nothing. No savings, college credit, reason to live, job. Though my relationship to my family is shot, I was able to make my own family through friends and openly express my love and appreciation for them. Turns out people like you if you're genuine.
Every day is still a challenge and I want to give up constantly. I feel no sense of real accomplishment, I have no one to be proud of me, I feel like a fraud. I tried to kill myself when I have nothing, though, so being productive is my only option.

Attached: IMG_0686.jpg (667x688, 83K)

I'm the same way, do they yell at you too?

No, they never yell, but they're always asking me what I'm thinking, except they always ask that question when I'm thinking of something stupid or lewd so I have to come up with a different answer on the spot.

Attached: __tanya_degurechaff_youjo_senki_drawn_by_riarashu__e87f8e5a1adb27a135856ea6096c6d92.png (1000x750, 436K)

It's gotten to the point where I've been asked to move out.

>contractor business is really picking up, starting to make some dosh
>got an apartment and moved in with gf
>relationship with family have never been better
>start seeing long lost close friends again, picked it right up where we had left it
>start playing tabletop rpgs again, heaps of ideas and my players are loving it
>met another great girl online and started hanging out, probably gonna fuck at some point, gf is ok with this and encouraging me
>got the best weed in town
>even lost weight
feels amazing

Attached: Feels_good_man.jpg (329x357, 20K)

One of my most stressful years. I finally got a job after years of NEET life, but I don't really have energy for anything else. At least I like my job and feel like I have a purpose now.

I've gained 50 lbs in the last week.

Attached: 1522439970312.jpg (600x800, 73K)

hahahahahah fuck you OP I was avoiding this thought

Do you wanna be my thicc gf (male)?

Thanks for the laughs, user.
I'm in incredible agony over this seemingly endless weight gain. I'm not even eating much.

is that even possible? originallalalaly

Nobody can truly believe in you, but yourself.

if you're fat and you wanna lose weight quick just fucking fast

I assume it's water retention, but either way, it's incredibly painful, since my body isn't used to being this heavy

I don't get this kind of mentality. You're 20, you're not supposed to be a success yet. Get a grip. Save. Invest. Get GF. Rinse. Repeat.

This is happening because I fasted for a long time. It's most likely water retention, but I don't know how long this is supposed to last. I'm eating meager until then

Same with me. For some reason, since 2014, each year has blurred. Nothing has happened. Going through the motions. Same uni, same job, same single life.

I got a job in december 2017 and in June i will move to an other one.

My current job is 2200 euro
My new job in June is 2600 Euro

I got engaged, which is pretty neat.
Honestly though I live my life as if rolling headlong down some hill, there was a time at which I could have chosen my own fate but by now there's too much momentum. The fates will decide whether I pass through soft grass, sharp nettles, or fetid shit.

its an emotional roller coaster
>met great people
>felt super happy for a while
>felt suicidal
>feel ok now, kinda at peace
>got a job finally
>came out to some family
>starting to like who I am and what I look like more
>still have some trust issues but its not bad

When did you come out? I came out at the end of March after seeing Love, Simon. It fucked my relationship with my parents but at least I can be open and happ(ier) now.

God Fucking Awful.
Got my hours drastically cut out at work and haven't managed to get them back/find another job. Its starting to take a toll on my savings. There go the last two years of wageslavery, down the drain.
I think my depression meds stopped working because I'm unmotivated as fuck. I'm hardly leaving the bed when I'm home and I just can't be bothered to do anything, not even masturbate. I'm eating less and less, too, which is not great because I'm already a skelly. But I can't afford to get that fixed now, so I guess I'm simply fucked.
I rescued a puppy a couple of weeks ago. Some asshole hit her with his car and ran away. She didn't seem badly hurt and I found her a home after a couple of days (I couldn't take her to the vet). However, she died before I could take her there.
I think my dad is becoming an alcoholic.
I think my mom has bpd.
The suicidal thoughts are back.

a few years ago I had sympathy for /r9k folks.
now I'm repulsed by all of you.
you are all just failed normies now.

Pretty shit my friend, pretty shit
>still on nightmare that I can't escape
>parents constantly fighting
>parents always have some problem
>be at home
>they are mad because wasting time at home
>be outside
>they mad because "you behave like homeless"
>friends don't have time to spend time with you because of their relationships
I wish I could save or earn some money and rent a small flat but I have so much shit to do on uni

Attached: 1442270079466.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Just flooded the handicapped bathroom at work with a giant dump, going swimmingly.

Attached: 1519709686341.gif (354x286, 53K)

I'm still far too heavy.
I'm just as lonely, if not more so, and feel like dropping the people I know IRL.
My academic work is chugging along, but I don't think it's going nearly as fast as I wanted it to be, or as fast as it should.
I'm still undisciplined, with terrible sleep schedules and dietary choices.

It's not going well, lads. The only progress I'm making is on the academic front and I don't think it's enough.

dreadful, i lost my virginity last year so i set the bar impossibly high and had more sex in 2017 alone than i will for the rest of my life
i've been too down to enjoy anything anymore i can't enjoy watching anime or playing video games. all i do is drink coffee all day and alcohol all night while refreshing Jow Forums

Started over university. Made all the same mistakes again. Probably going to have to drop out unless I make a miraculous comeback in late may/june exams. I have a 4 year gap in my resume and no work experience and my mom is getting sick of me. I want to fucking kill myself but I don't want to die.

Attached: 1508095536650.gif (924x507, 993K)

Are you also 23? Maybe it all goes to shit when you hit 18/19

I'm also 23!

When I was younger, years tended to be eventful and memorable for their own distinct reasons. Even since I left school, the years have begun to blur heavily and nothing eventful happens. It feels like a walking dream, or going through the motions, every year. And the years are getting shorter and faster. We're already 1/4 through 2018 and I just can't think of anything notable. I'm gonna be fucking dead soon.

i feel like life is a game i didn't get to play

The japs are right. Life ends after high school.

Just got accepted into uni in another country. Hopefully I'll leave this small, shitty town. On the other hand, lost all of my friends. I thought I was fine with it but I'm starting to miss human company. It will be a long time before I can have a meaningful relationship with someone. Guys in here only care about who's the hottest chick and girls can be really selfish cunts. Maybe the problem is me and that I'm too judgmental.

I told my sister in november and cousin in january I think. I had a bunch of stuff I kept bottled up and just needed to get off my chest and that was one of the things. Felt so relieved after that

I've become even more tired. It's hard to get motivated for work when I'm just going to be stuck doing crap my whole life for fuck all pay. Sure I can quit and be a useless neet for a while but I know I can't escape my wageslave fate.

Same, eat very little but somehow not losing weight.

Basically my whole world has gone to shit mentally since I went into highschool 2 years ago
>Suicidal thoughts
>Addiction
>Discovering that I'm a sociopath
I wanna just be happy but it seems like it'll never happen, nothing fulfills me.
I'm constantly bored and hate myself, enough said.

Nothing has changed much. Finally hit me that all my relatives are having a much more fulfilling life than me and that makes me sad.

This year I have been stronger than ever. Both mentally and physically, while everything around me is falling apart, I keep my chin up.
Also this summer my new life begins.

Attached: 2017-11-16_194428.png (353x353, 90K)

Seven (7) month until 2019
Just fuck my shit up sempay

>start off by leaving my wagecuck job of 5 years
>finish my program at college on dean's list
>moved downstairs
>Sister moving out
>On celexa
>Eating more
>Still a husk of a human being
>Still wanna kms

Nothing helps

Attached: 1503372682472.gif (500x500, 1.17M)