Is Honor Dead?

I try to live my life by the values of honesty, integrity, duty, respect, and loyalty. While i have no plans of stopping, it seems like these values dont fit in this increasingly nihilistc, petty, and selfish world. Pettiness and cheating are glorified and people are mocked for doing "the right thing"
I am in my early 20s and non religious if that puts what in saying into context.

Attached: 2018-04-17_11.58.49.jpg (544x715, 102K)

>tips fedora

joking aside, a concept is never dead, if two french kikes can revive the Hebrew language, then you can be the change you want to see in the world. Just practice what you preach my dude.

Upon rereading i can see how my post can sound douchey. I just find myself disillusioned with what I see around me, and i feel like this is the only place I can vent about it. Thanks for the advice

Just be careful not to devolve into a cliche, you have good reason to be nihilistic considering current social trends, but don't let it make you jaded, turn despair into stoicism and anger into motivation my dude

This desu

The only reason i havent killed myself yet is out of spite
I just dont want to prove all the people who told me I would never amount to anything right

Attached: 1476118663745.png (436x425, 156K)

Yes and no first off you're getting caught a little in a Victorian abstraction of honour.

You post a Armoured warrior there so I'm going to assume you're implying Knightly ideals. A knight wouldn't view Honour the way you're describing in fact Honour is more a promise of retribution.
Essentially before regulated organised Police forces a man's honour was his reputation to look after himself. Why would a guy ever fight to the death over a fairly small slight to 'defend his honour' well if word gets out he's weak then he'll be easy pray to criminals. Just fuck with the guys he's a pushover. That's old user's house just go on in he's a pussy.

In most of the Western world honour is dead because we live in Nanny states who protect our rights and property for us and attempts to affirm ones honour are really frowned upon if not punishable by the law.

but anyway that's all an aside. I was alot like you and lived by Christian and classical values more than is optimal for our times and frankly now in my late 20s it all seems to have been for largely nothing.

People do respect people with integrity and yes if you can settle down and have a family early in life by all means be the most noble person you can but frankly life is to be lived and I spent many years pushing away people and opportunities partly out of character building pride but also out of a fear of falling short of some archaic standards.

Living like that led me unequivocally to miserable nihilism. Right up to the point of really embracing it and being truly degenerate. Essentially regularly fucking married a married woman and frankly doing so led me out of nihilism and really into enjoying life again and seeing hope in the future.

Nihilism is a rot on the soul but unless you're a man of solid faith assume no ones keeping score and just make the most of every opportunity. The men you think where honourable in the past. At least most of them. Certainly did.

Attached: NoHomo.jpg (550x650, 98K)

>I try to live my life by the values of honesty, integrity, duty, respect, and loyalty.

unironically join the military, I got out about a year ago and regret it every day

You regret joining or you regret leaving?

Thanks for the responses, dudes. Not giving up hope, just reevaluating it

This stuff is all good as long as its not denial for your failure or lack of trying.

If you're a dork who sulks and parties and curses the kids getting laid for being degenerates then pack that shit in and once. Clean up, hit the gym and get stuck in yourself.

A young man wants to idolise Virtue not honor. Is a tricky one to explain because its often just thrown in as a same as goodness or honor when it's not. It comes from Virtus. Where wisdom is the ability to preach the right shit. Virtue is knowing when to get shit done and that time is now.

Attached: 10411100_565287980239247_6096577804926709153_n.jpg (315x315, 18K)

These values are just as a live they've always been. Always respected and praised, but never followed.

I'm also an ethicsfag, and constantly disgusted by others' selfishness and shortsightedness, but what can you do?

regret leaving, civilian jobs fucking suck, im sick of dealing with grown ass men who act like children all day, who will cry at the slightest hint of a negative comment

dont buy into the leftist agenda. Society might have temporarily lost its faith in these values but they are necessary. Else our lives would be horrible superficial affairs not worth the pain that is inherently part of living

I plan on enlisting soon, do you have any advice?

Naw I work out and have a girlfriend. I just want to be a good person, and I guess im just frustrated that other people dont seem to have the same interest. But maybe i should stop worrying about others and just focus on myself

Absolutely. You'll either inspire it in others or just reap the benefits yourself.

Not really, but you should talk to recruiters from each branch before you decide, I originally wanted to join the air force, but ended up going with the marine corps after I met with the recruiter, who i wouldnt have even talked to if he didnt call me while i was in high school

doesn't really sound like you ever stopped being a nihilist my dude

>I am in my early 20s
Ha, I like how you added this last part. When I read your post I immediately knew you were a teen or very young.

Attached: a85085095a93074523f346a3eb7a05b2.jpg (1631x1571, 97K)

>duty
if you really have any honor, you will help me overthrow the satanic liberal monopoly by force. it is your duty

Attached: 1508270082980.jpg (1400x1304, 225K)

Pic related is all I could think of while reading this drivel.

Attached: OP.jpg (500x375, 52K)

>drivel.
>calling anyone else a fedora

hahahanhaha

This is ridiculous. I wouldnt be caught dead with a pawn shop katana like that. My shit was imported directly from master sword makers in Japan. I can feel your jealousy bubbling over as you read this. Pathetic. I might let you touch it if your mother gives me a bj

you just pulled more shit out of your ass then a scatologist giving birth to a nigger