Serious question for you anime watchers:

serious question for you anime watchers:

how old are you and how are your friends (assuming you have any) and especially family dealing with the fact you're watching anime if you're over the age of 18?

Attached: vwTOsVf25SI.jpg (1024x648, 116K)

Nobody cares if you watch anime over the age of 18.

t. chad

Especially your parents

Anime is cool now retard. Weeb is the new hipster. Get with the times.

My family doesn't care. My gf and my friends watch anime too. I share my hentai with the gf.

Also this. A lot of normies like anime. They generally don't have very good taste in it, but they like it nonetheless.

Attached: Lain-Iwakura-lain-iwakura-37176738-1512-1072.png (1512x1072, 1.51M)

I'm 34 and an adult I could care less what my parents think I'm also married have my own senpai they watch anime as well the fuck is the point of this thread?

What about Hikki's? Are they now Normies?

Attached: 22d.jpg (640x960, 50K)

21. I dont have any friends IRL only ones online but my sister calls me a weaboo whenever I try to talk to her about anime. I watch mostly cgdct and moe though so I dont think my parents would be too proud about that. I enjoy it though so it doesnt really bother me

Attached: 288277.jpg (225x350, 37K)

>30yo
>no friends
>family doesn't give a shit about me anymore

I used to go to school with a weeb and we often talked about anime. She was really good at drawing and I would always ask her to draw my favourite characters. Ever since school ended I haven't spoken to her since. I miss school.

They don't give a fuck or watch it themselves.
Why would anyone care? People only give anime fans shit if they're fat and disgusting retards who run around with their body pillows.

y'all kids like.....anime? What anime do i like? joe joes, naruto, evangelion.

>tfw this actually happened.

Attached: d4daa73dec2446bdd69b665618b3e929.jpg (236x355, 13K)

I'm actually not an anime watcher BUT most of my friends are and despite some teasing from those of us that dont watch, nobody really cares if they watch anime.

I'm 26 and have never told anyone about my anime watching habits because I know its embarassing and no one cares

almost 25 here, parents dont care; 22 yo brother calls me a weeb as a joke, even tho he sometimes watches anime i recommend (he liked shigurui for ex)

>no real friends

I am 22.
My friends know I watch anime, but they only watch dubbed anime.
My parents know I watch anime, but I don't watch it in front of them and I try to hide my power level as much as possible in their presence. I think my Dad noticed the waifu wallpapers.

Attached: 1498220506314.png (646x595, 280K)

I don't talk about it unless my friends ask, but they don't really care about it. They've given up trying to get me a gf so they're happy I'm not doing something like stalking, a paedophile or some shit they think virgins at my age do

>"ayo whiteboi you like anime? I'm watching (insert anime)"

surprises me every time

Attached: Tyrone Brooks_1519444547165.JPG_79053454_ver1.0_640_480.jpg (639x480, 27K)

Anime is mainstream grandpa, pretty much everyone atleast casually watches shounen anime. Even chads watch anime now.

I'm 23 wageslave with no friends, but my sister wanted me to show her yurucamp and she liked it. That's it.

gf (male) (imaginary)

my family are hugely spooked and weirded out at me watching anime. i instantly switch it to something else whenever they barge into my room (assuming i have enough time and reaction time to do so) . my friends think of me as a massive weeb faggot.

0 friends but some acquaintances
Parents don't give a fuck, but I don't show it to them

Attached: DVq2U2pVoAAEoP5.jpg (855x1200, 143K)

I didn't have this one!
Thanks for the catgirl, user.

Have another m8

Attached: e3bb7409eae538aac4ee259f42f2edde.jpg (833x1165, 412K)

>how old are you

>and how are your friends (assuming you have any) and
They watch anime too, and the ones that don't just don't really care. If someone would demonize you for your hobbies they aren't a real friend.

>especially family dealing with the fact you're watching anime if you're over the age of 18?
They're just happy I have a masters/make a good salary. They know I watch anime, think it's a bit odd but don't care beyond that. Hell the last time I think they mentioned it was my mother bought me frames so I could frame my posters in my apartment.

You're a saint, you know.
You have my gratitude.

>Normie can't understand over 18s watching anime

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIE FUCK OFF

Attached: IMG_20180210_170241-min.jpg (4048x3036, 1.08M)

I personally suspect that hikikomori lifestyles will raise in prevalence as we perfect our skinner boxes in all of their forms. The science of attention is still in its infancy and unless we find some way to 'crowd source the internet' (which is of course entirely possible) us humans will be helpless in its grip as the profit motive drives it in a predictable direction.

>Over the age of 18
>Cares what others think
Reported

Attached: 84FB133B-C25A-4BCB-AC91-8C931F4B952A.jpg (311x325, 62K)

>How old are you?
>how are your friends (assuming you have any) and especially family dealing with the fact you're watching anime if you're over the age of 18?
Friends don't give a shit what I watch. I'm not cringy enough to talk to my parents about it. I watch some here and there, idk if I'd really consider myself an "anime watcher" though.

actually became friends with some awesome half-chad because of anime. of course that was during my last semester of high school so he's long gone.
0 friends now but my family likes ghibli films so they don't really care

People care just as much as they care if someone over the age of 18 is still into action figures, or comic books.

>"Oh look, a nerd"

That's it really.

I only talk about it when it comes up, which is usually only with bigger weebs than me, because I'm not a sperg. So, nobody really thinks anything of it.

>24
Dad doesn't care
Mom doesn't care for the most part, but thought some of the one's she saw me watching are kinda neat(Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, Megazone 23, and Barefoot Gen)
Uncle jokes about like a typical chad, but he ruined his marriage with his dedication to his hobbies so his opinion means nothing.
Friends all over the place. Some watch some anime with or without me, some hate it, and most don't care.

Attached: Cyber City Oedo 808 - 01 - Remastered R2JDVD (H264)[6B15EA14].mkv_snapshot_11.33_[2018.04.17_14.08.5 (714x480, 21K)

You must be a joy in bed

what's it like having a parent/sibling that cares about comics/anime?

>wow guise listen to me I have sex

21 gf likes anime, online "friends" all watch anime or know a lil about it most my normie friends know I watch it

Few people at work know I watch it too, nobody really cares they just think you're weird for watching chink toons if they don't watch themselves

I'm not a serous anime watcher but i'll watch a few (around 3) every year. I'm 20 and so are my friends. My parents don't know and wouldn't care. Even normies watch anime now. I've meet hood niggas who watch this shit. Nothing to be embarrassed about

>a joy in bed

Youve never been to bed with anyone worth bedding, faggot.

I'm 26, I have no friends and my family didnt believe me when I told them I watch animeme because "there's no way your one of those people, stop lying"

You know there is anime besides moecrap right?
I'm 29 and my wife and I watch anime. We used to go to cons. I still love mecha and DBZ. I'm also fluent in Japanese from my teenage weeb days so I did get a skill out of it. I was one of those "I want to be a mangaka and live in Japan" faggots when I was 15-16 and self-taught. Before that grew up on Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo. Anime is more or less a piece of who I am as a person and integral to my formative years. I could never completely abandon it. But I rarely watch new series anymore and have no idea what's popular right now. I can't get into most new series and it has to sort of tie into my nostalgia to hook me these days.

Attached: Gunbuster.jpg (797x780, 197K)

I'm over 18, most people don't give a rats ass about me watching anime as long as I'm not a weeb about it. Anime is something that both robots and normalfags watch. Stop Being an edgy 14 year old

Every black dude loves DBZ and will reference it. I love DBZ too so it's some good common ground. I dislike black culture in general but have bonded playing DBZ fighting games.

My parents used to live in a communist shithole on par with North Korea and when they see me watching anime they call it "doll shows" like they think the cartoons are puppets on strings

I live in an Asian country, it's actually commonplace for teenagers and youths to watch Anime, so, there isn't really a problem.

25 and literally nobody cares. My sister even got me a display case for my figures last Christmas.

23, I just don't talk to anyone online who wouldn't like it, and anyone who goes to my room just has to accept all the waifu merch they see. People in places like this are so scared about this stuff, as if their family and friends all want to impose and take the things you like away from you because proper grown-ups should have no collectables and only spend all day every day fucking sluts. I've never had to deal with that, and collect what I like to. I barely watch the stuff anymore, though.

Attached: forbidden.png (223x255, 96K)

I still watch occasionally on weekends. Whatever's highly rated on MAL and isn't trope filled garbage. I have no friends (age 25). Parents don't know or care what I watch. My sister watched the normie anime shows with me back in high school, naruto, death note etc. I think she'd still watch if she had time.

Kek, my parents are similar in that they do not know what CGI is or how it's created. They came from a poor hellhole, my mom's family never had a TV and my dad's family owned 1 and only his dad was allowed to watch it.
Sometimes they think CGI is real or what's on the screen actually happened and it was just recorded, and they have strong reactions to TV shows (screaming during violent or tense moments, feeling sorry for characters who are hurt/killed, etc.) I'm not sure if they understand cartoons either. I wish I was able to enjoy TV at a visceral level like they are. I grew up on it so I'm desensitized.

20. Started watching anime as soon as I ghosted my friends so there's that. They would prob tease me a bit but that's about it I think.
My parents don't even know what anime is. They've seen me watching it like twice (Berserk 1997) and never said anything.
I also have anime wallpapers. Don't really care what others think of it and don't try to hide it.

Attached: Kenpuu Denki Berserk.png (2160x1170, 1.87M)

why do people post pictures of anime girls on their walls?

Why do people put anything on their walls?

>24
>some watch it with me, some dont like it
>family doesnt even try to understand but at least they dont nag about it either

don't really talk about it with friends and family given they don't watch it, dad seems to have picked up that i watch something in a foreign language because i was watching a silent voice on netflix when my dad came in and asked "is this that hong kong bing dong stuff you like?". he sat down and watched some but said he couldn't pick it up having come in half way through the film.

Cartoons or anime. It's the same shit.

>implying I'm over the age of 18

I am the most eccentric person any of my friends know and I happen to be very popular and didn't fail at life, so I can actually facetank anything I want.
Because I am self-confident and don't have anxiety
I can openly talk to absolute normie friends about guro-manga. (There are limits and I don't spell out the logical conclusion for them)
But when I made them watch my favorite anime madoka magica(I know it's a bad one to start with, but I didn't realize the perspective from which normies would view it, they even missed the part about the opening in episode 10, which made me sad) they told me it was gay, which made me sad.

It's far from the weirdest thing I did.
The consensus is "user is insane, but he is fun and a loyal friend", so it actually works out for me just fine, and it's not like I'm kept around as "entertainment" or something like that.
Keep in mind, my best friends and I were bullies in school, we used to make life hell for losers.

My parents don't care, because I have never failed at life yet, and it's certain that I will end up with a very high paying job when I finish uni this year, companies are fighting to get their hands on me already, so watching anime is really not a concern.

Attached: toothbrush_light.gif (448x252, 1.04M)

am 22 like my get, I guess this won't be original

i'm 22 and I just recently got my dad to start watching naruto.

Attached: 23CC8BEF-5530-4344-BFC4-878817B1469D.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

I'm 19
My friends are other college students who either watch anime or don't know that I watch anime.
My dad just likes that I'm studying a good field and my mom likes a few anime movies and sakapollon. The rest of my family doesn't really know since I don't bring it up at family gatherings like some sort of retard.

Attached: 008.jpg (831x973, 122K)

But-but it's 18+

Literally everyone at work watches anime. I didn't believe people saying it's mainstream until I got a job.

I grew out of anime at 22.

I'm 20
No friends. Mom keeps asking when I'm gonna get a gf.

Attached: 1523986106491.gif (420x420, 713K)

>I grew out of anime at 22.
fag

22. My friends all like anime to some extent and come to me for recommendations. I've never talked about it with family, though a few of them must be aware of it on some level, but they definitely don't know the full extent of it. If anime ever comes up in conversation with anyone but my friends, I try to change the subject as quickly as possible.

Attached: 1396006563211.png (360x659, 151K)

28, life would have me recluse and obsess over anime but I got pulled out by some friends and now I only watch it patially, slightly in secret.

Nobody cared that I watch it, just as long as I'm not wasting my life and be productive.

>30

>the otaku? 30 and older

>family don't know the exact amount of anime I watch cause -i hide my power level really carefully. plus they don't care what i do in freetime since I got a stable job.

having a stable job is the best thing, since then mom don't cry/scream about me being a loser and stuff

Attached: 1475427209080.jpg (500x286, 26K)

I don't watch anime. I binged Bleach, Naruto Shippuden and Shingeki no Kyojin. That's it. Altough AoT was pretty cool, lots of raw violence.

>how old are you
>how are your friends (assuming you have any)
I don't
>and especially family dealing with the fact you're watching anime if you're over the age of 18?
I talk to my sister about it occasionally, since she watches some shows. I don't talk to my parents about it because I'm not an autist.

Attached: 1517533236062.png (240x240, 24K)

>Keep in mind, my best friends and I were bullies in school, we used to make life hell for losers.
Kill yourself. That part and the very obvious superiority complex you have make me dislike you.

People dislike people who treat them as if they are below them, I treat everyone as an equal, that's just how I am.
So you wouldn't dislike me for it. If you met me in real life without this introduction, you would like me.

>the very obvious superiority complex you have
But is it a superiority complex if it's the truth? I was thinking for a long time about this because it is very dangerous to have your judgment clouded by a superiority complex, but my estimates of myself were always proven right, again and again. Being humble would be a misrepresentation of the data at hand.
My life was a constant win streak until now, I don't even know how I would react to real failure desu, the biggest failures in life are third places at contests... for now.
So should I lie? I never lie, and people respect me for it.

Don't talk about it with anyone. If I were to talk about it I would stick with safe Adult Swim shows like Bebop. No way am I taking the conversation any further than that in real life unless we get pretty close and I can be sure that you won't vilify me for watching moeshit

>mfw it's okay to watch normie super hero cartoons as a chadbro, but not anime
Beats being a soyboy and watching Marvel/DC movies.