Psychologists a meme?

For months the only emotions I'm capable of feeling are anger, sadness and guilt.

It's really bad, for example: when I try to laugh, I'll start crying too without fail.
I'm fucking tired.

I booked an appointment with a shrink.
What should I expect?

Attached: 1522813128984.png (128x125, 31K)

psychologists are meme.
psychotherapists and psychiatrists are not.

The whole life is a meymey broski

to be told to exercise xD

Psychiatrists are pill-pushing neurotic freaks. Psychologists range from being incompetent to bro-tier heroes who help you talk out your problems.

Everything is a fucking meme. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

I've always thought that psychologists were well-paid meme lords who "solve" your issues, but then again I've never been to one. Expect a lot of personal questions.

My doctor recommended that I also visited a psychiatrist. But I don't think I wanna go down that rabbidhole.

Tell me about it

>Psychiatrists are pill-pushing neurotic freaks.
Yes. Because they fix your broken fucking brain.
Psychologists are for people with properly working brain.

It really can't hurt. Just make sure you request a male psychologist. Us robots won't gain anything if a roastie is there. You might see big improvements, and constant misery is no way to live.

Good luck!

Attached: 2765619B-F463-443D-97F2-D979D3DFDAED-1449-000001C68C5D2074.png (500x658, 21K)

>My doctor recommended that I also visited a psychiatrist. But I don't think I wanna go down that rabbidhole.
Your doc knows better, broski.

I'll fucking hang myself if that's what I get out of it.

I really hope this is bro-tier

Attached: 1512247654233.jpg (480x411, 29K)

>I'll fucking hang myself if that's what I get out of it.
You better tie a noose right now because

Engoy your jew pills.

Really? I'd feel more comfortable with a woman. But I think you're right actually.

Fuck, does it really make much a difference if it's a woman or a man?

I'm not taking any, i'm doc.

Attached: e55.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

I don't know man, many people suggested against taking jew-pills.

My healthcare does cover psychiatrists but I don't want to fry my brain.

Enjoy giving depressed people jew pills instead of helping them.

>Because they fix your broken fucking brain.

My experience is that you can get whatever diagnosis and treatment that you want. You literally go in and say "I think I have ADD and I need adderall" and they'll write you a prescription. I've tried so many times to ask a new psychiatrist to start fresh and analyze me without consulting all of my previous shit, and instead of doing some sort of analysis at the beginning, they just jump right into prescribing different medications for every single neurological disorder in the book. I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, depression, ADD/ADHD, autism, etc., and then suddenly I was fine after meeting with a psychologist who actually did his fucking work to figure out what my condition was. I can't imagine how fucked I would be today if I fell for the psychiatry meme and became an over-medicated zombie.

You're confusing psychologists with psychotherapists.

Does someone actually have a convincing argument against medicines? Can you post links to articles etc.

It's all stupid prejudice "spooky pills frying mah brain"

t. a psychologist trying to convince himself his job is not a scam

You do realize psychological problems are caused by neurobiological factors too, right? Like ack of proper chemicals in your brain, which certain pills can fix?.. Probably not, since that would require not being a 12-year old Jow Forums renegate spouting ebin jew memes.

Psychoanalysis will probably not help. Data shows CBT is far superior. Make sure u get CBT. Focuses more on responses to situations rather than what u dreamed about when u were 8 years old. Dont be afraid of meds. They work. Except be careful with stims--they can be a slippery slope into addiction.

>Psychoanalysis will probably not help.
It won't, Freud's methods are not scientific. I.e., they're not based on learning about how your actual brain mechanisms work, but only on the outside reactions they produce, which is naturally often shallow and inaccurate.

The psychologist I booked also has a psychotherapy degree, should I tell her exactly what I want or will she figure out what's best for me on her own?

>They work.
Yes, but if properly selected.
I've had to take 2 different types of basically same medicine before I've found the one. First just didn't work because of personal intolerance and side effects of second one were unbearable.

That's good. That means she's an actual doctor from medical institute and not some charlatan with psychologists degree from some humanitarian college.

>should I tell her exactly what I want or will she figure out what's best for me on her own
you'd be surprised how good they ask questions.
I found it disturbing how easily good doc can literally dig into your head and pull your shit outwards.
and when you see them doing it consistently on other people it looks like some kind of magic.

This sets me at ease, I hope I'll get fixed