Which vidya world would you choose to live in? What character's life would you choose? Why?

Which vidya world would you choose to live in? What character's life would you choose? Why?
For me it's either Geralt from the Witcher or Nameless from Gothic. Geralt because he's sort of a jack of all trades, Nameless mainly because the world of Gothic always fascinated me(first and second one of course)

Attached: lords_of_war___grommash_wallpaper_by_megahertz163-d7zvuzl.jpg (1024x435, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big Boss from Metal Gear, except I'm making a nation for autists, betas, robots, etc. The Outer Heaven Uprising would be the actual Beta Uprising.

The Witcher book series is an amazing fantasy realm but the Witcher video game series is post modern trash that ruined it and the video games themselves are trash too

but user, that world would collapse in a week sadly. I don't see robots repairing cars and stuff around the house, we would just devolve into the stone age

well that is an opinion too, just not a good one. I loved the books and couldn't stand life without any more of Geralt's adventures. I couldn't care less if they were utter shit, because I loved the world, but actually they weren't. Enjoyed the shit outta it

wtf u are wrong about video games

Attached: 4DE95E76-2B8A-4C42-93F1-22C54CD5EA5F.jpg (1920x1080, 687K)

>find Siri
>oh she's not here maybe she's at the next place
I SERIOUSLY hope you don't think this lazy ass goose chase meets even bare minimum requirements of a plot driver.

so you couldnt beat the game? just look up stuff if you get stuck. i got stuck on the witches swamp when i played blind.

go finish it you are wrong about the game.

Attached: 7632A653-6FD6-4998-861C-982DEF168941.jpg (400x400, 47K)

I beat the Witcher 3. I'm just telling you it's awful writing, and a goose chase is the absolute laziest and worst plot driving device a writer could ever make. They stole the Witcher from the original Author and ruined it and I genuinely feel sorry for the man.

>the witcher game equals the vanilla witcher 3
Have you played the first 2? or any side quests in 3? or any expansions? geez

check an interview with the man, he said he doesn't care about the game being different, because it's a completely different platform. he's just happy the game makes the book sell more. hell, he even said the absolutely disgusting piece of shit movie made his books sell more.

i never read the books. as a game the Witcher 3 is a masterpiece rpg. They took the characters from the author, but who drew Geralt, Ciri, Triss? the author?

I played 2 and 3. 2 was better than 3 but still horribly written. The side hunts were fun but not plot related so I can't say they salvaged the plot.

Like I originally said, I love the books because they're well written. The rights to the series were bought from the author though and they complete butchered it because they don't know how to write a plot.

>as a game the Witcher 3 is a masterpiece rpg.
it's objectively not and you should feel bad about yourself for suggesting that

FOR THE EMPEROR
I WOULD BE A SPACE MARINE

Attached: GOD.jpg (602x350, 77K)

who designed the characters visually though? yeah the company took the character concepts from the author, but who visualized and rendered them? the author? i doubt it.

Attached: DE5D15C5-7B4A-4A9F-8A7F-1784CCB551E3.jpg (620x343, 34K)

If it does come to that, I'd say it's better than living in the normie world. But I'm sure there are plenty of robots who have handy skills and aren't completely useless. If there aren't or aren't enough, then I guess we could always pay or threaten people to do that stuff.

it objectively is, theres nothing wrong with a chase plot, nearly all rpgs have it.

you can dislike it for not following the books.

Attached: 780161DB-20FB-4B09-873B-1411597A7575.jpg (5120x2880, 1.64M)

>the Witcher 3 is a masterpiece rpg
maybe if you played your first rpg in 2012

if you liked the books you should definetely try the first game too, senpai. the main plot in 3 may not be the best stuff out there, but the fact you walk the universe of the series is breathtaking and most side quests are REALLY well written, engaging and interesting.the main plot is like 10% of the game, c'mon. if you tell me Hearts of stone is badly written, I may think you are genuinly brain damaged

ive played a good amount. since we are already at the make insults phase, theres no point in having this discussion any further.

It's a cliche, but I would really like to live in Tamriel and be an altmer scholar.

The menu systems are terrible, the inventory system is shit, and everything to do with horse riding was fucking terrible. This doesn't even touch on how bad the plot was. To call it a master piece just shows how young you are to never have experienced an actual master piece

i liked BaW much better than hearts of stone, but this is a cool looking fella.

Shani romance was relatively weak compared to Triss and Yen but Shani didnt get a full game.

Attached: 9089424C-181D-4355-B109-6E17F69BBAC9.jpg (184x184, 49K)

a pretty bad life if you ask me, except if ULTRAMARINE

Attached: noodle.jpg (2047x2048, 471K)

menu and inventory system and horseback riding really? thats the brunt of your complaints, oh and the chase plot. k think whatever u want, im not even going to bother what you think a "master piece" is.

>Shani didn't get a full game
Witcher 3 babby? I am quite sure Shani was in the entirety of witcher 1

Alchemist in tes4 oblivion.

i have a hunch the robot geniunel my hating on the witcher 3 vidya is the same dude or of like mind of the people who want to cast a black dude as Geralt.

stalker tbqs!

Attached: 1518111089788.jpg (680x560, 102K)

>being altmer
just why? why not a dunmer in comfy morrowind?
>inb4 nothing in Vvardenfell could be considered comfy

The inventory system is enough to make the game unbearable, and if you're going to go as far as calling something a "master piece" you can't brush off something as major as a lazy ass chase plot and unbearable movement and management systems

thats not what i meant. witcher 1 isnt being discussed. Yen/Triss were in other Witcher games but their romances were good because they had a full game instead of just an expack, only talking about witcher 3.

if you want recognition because you read all the witcher books, played all the games, then fine i only played 3 and didnt read any of the books. i peaked at them at barnes and noble but i didnt like the writing style and didnt buy.

Wrong, in fact the entire "poor persecuted mages have to had from le ebil witch hunters :'(" plot was waaaaay too fucking Jewish holocaust masturbation to even pretend this game is "based". It's post modern trash

i had no issues with the inventory, or the chase plot, or the leveling. or the horseback riding. yeah im calling it a master piece, and im still not asking you for your opinion on what constitutes a rpg masterpiece.

okay well call it a master piece all you want, you're just proving you know nothing about rpgs and that's why you're objectively wrong and have no authority on the matter

i dunno, i dont think you beat the game. maybe you had to play it in story mode to beat it.>m

>point out how excessively Jewish and cliche the plot is
>heh that just means you're bad at video games, tough luck kiddo
wow u got me

so your issue is that i called it a masterpiece and somehow that threatened your authority as the expert of rpgs, got it. still not asking what you think is a master piece rpg.

>doesnt deny beating it on a lesser difficulty

i sure did kiddo

Attached: 191D547A-F2BC-4796-8F7A-B1438FACB66C.png (667x1000, 867K)

Yes my issue is that you called something with glaring flaws a master piece. Your lose use of that word proves you have no idea what you're talking about

and you keep insinuating that you know. i got, still not asking about it.

>implying that books wasn't postmodern
>implying that games can ruin books noone give a shit about before
>implying that games were bad
Well, my diagnose is obvious.

Attached: you are gay.jpg (523x468, 24K)

id be bored to tears too if i had to play it on story mode and 1 hit kill everything.

Deveolpers designed them, obviously.

its a modern master piece .

Attached: D3868BFE-A0B8-4FFF-A592-FD443B5D0758.jpg (2560x1440, 1.64M)

Borderlands.
Who wouldn't want to be a psychotic treasure hunter on a planet where getting shot in the face can be fixed with pocket change?

I would want to live in comfy 15th century Bohemia of Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Attached: KCD.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

free cities would be fine as the leader of an arcology.

Name one flaw in her.
Protip: there is none.

Attached: 1517347985381.jpg (500x500, 48K)

She looks like Ronald McDonald

how much of a terrible gamer do u have to be to care about inventory management? its just there to be functional, the meat of the game is

voice acting and dialogue
game play/challenge aspect
character and environment rendering
enjoyment in combat
and plot. but the plot doesnt have to be complicated, its not the focus of a video game. its just there to lead game progression.

dark souls has obscure try hard plot hidden around in item descriptions and snippets of npc dialogue.

dark souls is enjoyable to play because its fun and challenging, and the levels are nicely rendered, but the dialogue and character development is almost non existant.

Attached: 8B7D9B6E-1074-45C6-A9DF-8F1C703C1F26.jpg (600x849, 101K)

>the plot isn't important in an rpg
the absolute STATE of nu-gamers

Attached: 1523492045529.png (258x544, 130K)

BaW was great. Hearts of Stone kinda felt like filler, Olgierd is a cool looking dude.

Attached: 8481AA9D-70D1-42D8-8E75-D2B9C5DEE191.gif (500x232, 1.51M)

Smartest race. Morrowind is shitty even before it was destroyed.

Dude, just relax, you can't prove anything to edgelords.

>isnt what i said at all and deliberately changes what i mean into her dumb interpretation

Attached: 9668BD60-084A-4260-9A04-E2CD99478217.png (500x700, 504K)

i absolutely put rich voice acting and dialogue over having a convulted and try hardy obscure plot, plot can be simple its just there to direct how the game develops but isnt the game itself.

Attached: 440FD778-9673-428E-B966-07A5CDE9F064.png (473x613, 297K)

2nd iteration of runescape. Graphics and everything. I'd join some barbarians and hangout in barbarian village and spend my days scamming noobs and drinking mead

Triss is mommyfu, but Ciri is best girl.

Attached: D4DF67E4-B876-4049-9275-833F4479FB4C.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

i'll take charmingly stupid and convoluted over something with no plot.

I honestly can't even enjoy games with Mary-Sue forced in strong female characters anymore.

Or is she?

Attached: shani.jpg (1920x1080, 1.77M)

thats fine, witcher 3 would be a snorefest on storymode. we like different things.

thats fine, but im a neckbear so it gets my salami rolling.

i want a Ciri game, maybe if they make it you can make her be dark and edgy if u want.

point is she is ridiculously powerful and can travel worlds, and fight equally ridiculous opponents.

Attached: 22666C16-9EAE-418A-A7F0-BBD4BAAAA6D4.png (1024x576, 647K)

>point is she is ridiculously powerful and can travel worlds, and fight equally ridiculous opponents.

Yeah I hate that. She didn't even have the witcher mutations or as long training as the other witchers. She's just a female and it's the current year so we need to have strong female characters

Nah, just live her and Geralt alone and give som new cool protagonists.
Maybe even customizable.

only Ciri and sorceresses are strong females, everyone else is weak.

Anna Henrietta doesnt have any super powers but she has noble training. Shes the Duchess of Touissant but she wouldnt last a second against Detlaff, the Beast of Beauclaire.

Ciri would slaughter Detlaff, Geralt too. Probably not the sorceresses.

it is what it is. a man with Ciri's powers would still be as powerful.

Attached: 3E316669-7ABD-4D0C-94B8-173133745A2D.jpg (240x240, 17K)

Crusader Kings 2 so I can murder people, take concubines then kill myself

Ciri and Geralt VA's did an epic job. theyre probably tired.

no one else in the Witcher universe can teleport and use elder blood powers like Ciri, unless they retcon a character.

making challenging gameplay around Ciri's playstyle would be epic because she is stronger than Geralt.

VTM bloodlines, the fledgling.
the game has an really special atmosphere that i cant put into words and has the 2000s gothic aesthetic

playing Ciri for the 3 witches fight was the most fun. Geralt would have a tough time, he cant teleport around like her and has to face 3 opponents.

Ciri's default outfit makes her look weak. i feel like her modded outfit is more representative of her powers.

i bet this picture represents the "mary sue" element of the game that that user dislikes so much.

Attached: 1435BB25-0304-465D-9242-E73DB0723476.jpg (697x478, 121K)

thats another master piece. for the same reasons. its plot wasnt convulted either, it had a bit of mystery to it i admit.

The Elder Scrolls, because I'm an autistic furfag and want to be a khajiit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

Mary Sue means she's excessively strong and good at everything for no reason, not what ever you're implying with that photo. A perfect example of a Mary Sue is Rei from the new starwars. She's better than everyone at everything, and for no reason. She's better at the force than luke, fixed the millenia falcon better than Han, all for no reason.

I think you are missing the main point of The Witcher. The idea is, that protagonist, despite of influencing political structure of his world, is not the chosen one.
Geralt is very talanted fighter and hunter, but he is not the Child of a Prophecy, the One and Only Savior of The Galaxy and so on - he is just a professional who happens to know the Chosen one.
Books and games (especially the third part) are made from the perspective of a hero's sidekick, who will backe her up, when needed, entartain or protect if necessary and so on.
Making Ciri the main character is the exact opposit of why Geralt's story is so great.

Ciri's alternate outfit from the devs.

this kills the mary sue

Attached: DC683701-D550-4DF2-A645-95E3DDB45D50.jpg (1680x1050, 167K)

That's not what Mary Sue means, read this post.

This, shame that they were limited with time.

i understand a Ciri game is a tall order. i hear ya, but i have no doubts a Ciri game could be made and be another master piece.

vtmb is hardly a master piece. it could have been but for how it turned out to be, it's a pretty mediocre for an rpg.

Starless

original game

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x578, 251K)

so make a Robert Sue to challenge Mary Sue...

or an Emily Sue? or a WAAAAARRRRGGGGH! Sue

Oreganelly seconding this

Male's can be Mary-Sue's too. I could think of a ton of examples of male Mary-Sue's too. It's the sign of a shitty writer

if you want discuss something like inventory systems and the older graphics... they matter but a master piece rpg can be made with """inferior""" designs of them.

>vtmb is hardly a master piece
That's where you are wrong, buddy.

Mary Sue's and Bad Daddy Sue's are the bread and butter of -fantasy-, in books, film, or games. Isnt it the whole point?

No, and you really shouldn't have such low standards for writting. No other character in Starwars was a Mary Sue. They all had flaws, or had to go through intense training. Same with LOTR. Every character had massive flaws and even failed constantly. Even video games sometimes have unbeatable bosses you're meant to lose at just to set the scene for revenge or something later on.

Ultimately a vidya is just for entertainment so if you're entertained then it's done it's job, but a Mary Sue is extremely bad writing and should be called out

you hate mary sue characters? then i hope you dont like playing as a Tremere.

>no mary sues in star wars and lotr

um what

It'd have to be between Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Dragon Quest 8.

Read the wiki article I posted earlier if you're still having trouble identifying what a Mary Sue is

>no mary sues or gary stus in LOTR

um what

Who was a Mary Sue in lotr? give me an example

so Aragorn is not a Gary Stu?

lotr is sexist u pig

No. He is hundreds of years old and a Dunedain. He was raised by elves hand trained for a century. All this and he was still defeated by a lowly orc at the battle with the wargs on the way to helms deep. He also constantly lost faith throughout the story and would have given up if not for the support of others.

I know you're trolling but the most powerful living person in LOTR is a female. If anything you could claim it's racist but not sexist

No i think the actualy rpg system and graphics are fine, I mean the storyline and amount of side quests. It feels like over half of the game is missing, if you compare it with other rpgs from that era.