Lol let's spend thousands of dollars for some stupid ceremony

>lol let's spend thousands of dollars for some stupid ceremony
>that'll be 35% upcharge goy for all wedding arrangements
>dress you wear fucking once
>thank god great aunt alice can be here so we can pay for her meal
>omg lets shove the cake into each others mouths and everyone will laugh
>cue maid of honor and best man giving stupid speeches with "jokes" but end heartfelt

Why would anyone want to go through the stupid fucking motions of a wedding? They are all the same

Attached: lizzy-stone-and-chandler-brown-wedding20171106_01.jpg (2233x3000, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pP2zEtgP-SI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't forget spending $10k on an engagement ring.

>thousands of dollars for a dress for a bride that isn't a virgin
>spend thousands on a useless rock just to impress her friends and family into thinking you're rich

Why do people spend money they don't have though?

Are you salty over the fact that nobody will ever want to marry you?

Your betrothed wants a party throw her a party.

>tfw gf would rather a cheap civil wedding so we can save money for our first house

Attached: 1523661363303.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

I agree that all the expenses are needless and can be done without but the ceremony itself is traditional and cultural and shouldn't be given up. Non religious weddings should be banned

i dont see any reason for giving money to greedy kikes because of some roasties princess complex to be kept as a tradition.

>wedding
>r9k

What the fuck happened man?

I don't understand why you sit in your room all day. Every day is the same.

>doesn't like kikes
>but wants to abandon his tradition and culture
You don't even realize how good of a goyim you are

Because people, females in particural, are mentally ill and believe; the more you posses/consume, the better a person you are.
The end of "civilized" society cannot come soon enough.

Attached: 1502591926036.jpg (554x554, 84K)

The irony of you posting an ultra - domesticated, mega - socialized, selectively bread to be cute dog consuming a soft drink from a fast food chain in a post about ending civilization

t. buttblasted faggots who're pissed they'll never get married to a qt girl

I have a big fear of my parents finding great disappointment in me wanting a minimalist wedding rather than using inheritance money to waste on stupid materialistic shit that I really won't care for.
>Oh user, you should get a big chocolate fountain even though only a few people will eat from it!
>user, why don't you hire a bunch of limo drivers even though we can drive ourselves!
>user, hire this expensive photographer to take these photos of you two at the beach even though we have our own cameras!
>Haha user you should pay over $2,000 for a cake that will be thrown out afterwards!
>Um user aren't you going to get your woman an expensive diamond ring even though you can use other long-lasting items that have more meaning to them?
No doubt I want to have family at the wedding and make it something memorable, but there is no way in hell I'm spending $60,000+ just because my family/wife wanted to have a gold-plated limo drive us.

Attached: Rev.jpg (280x280, 37K)

You're looking too much into it, user. But, i'll give you that.

Attached: 1487644643104.jpg (500x667, 54K)

>"yeah that's right goy tradition is tradition now fork over the shekels for these "rare" diamonds"

Attached: 1485391372611.jpg (604x604, 37K)

I already agreed with you that the expense parts can be done without, but you're shit talking the ceremony itself which is cultural. You're taking vows in front of all the important people in you're life, and, traditionally, in front of God. Getting rid off that is just another piece of your culture that you threw out and one DIRECTLY related to the nuclear family, the mortal enemy of the jew

Ok. The ceremony at the church is the least expensive part. Never said that was stupid I just said that the reception and other shit was unnecessary and overdone

My parents got married in my maternal grandmother's living room. Theve been married for 31 years, so I dont think you need a big fucking event. All the anons in this thread chanting "lol only virgins think like this" are brainlets

this why you'll never have a loving wife

I think having an extravagant wedding is not good for couples, it makes it seem as if the wedding is the peak of the relationship and everything else is downhill. Rings though are nice because it's a constant reminder of your devotion to each other.

>Why would anyone want to go through the stupid fucking motions of a wedding? They are all the same
First off, the whole point is that a father is giving away his pure virgin daughter to another man, she's becoming the property of another man, and the father is supposed to pay for the wedding (while the husband comes up with a dowry to even gain consideration)
Second, weddings don't have to be big or expensive, it's very easy to have a cheap wedding, women are usually just raging bitches who thin reality television and money is the key to happiness.
If your fiance can't accept a small wedding even in jest, she is not worth marrying.
Lastly, modern weddings are pointless 99% of the time; women are not virgins or faithful, fathers are not in anybody's life (single mother central), and divorce is too easy to do, plus alimony and other laws that don't punish infidelity.

Attached: 1518401341998.png (841x905, 842K)

Why not have the ceremony and not sign the marriage contract? Why does the government need to recognise someone's love? Just taxes?

I'm a dude and I want a perfect extravagant wedding

>Why not have the ceremony and not sign the marriage contract
Because it's a tight leash, it shows none of you plan on walking out on each other or care to any time soon. Traditionally it was a woman submitting unto a man's ownership, she loses her maiden name and becomes a part of the man's family. And depending on income tax benefits and the like are to be calculated. But most of all it shows you aren't wasting time in this relationship, it gets rid of "no strings attached" and in every sense of the word is "official".

In a man's benefit he can throw his wife out and bring a new woman in, especially if she cheats, however this wasn't the case before. A woman could get screwed over by being proven adulterous, so could a man, therefore marriage was a really tight leash or a tight bond. Now? A man benefits usually more from not getting married, a woman does not. BUT Lets say you're with the love of your life, unmarried, and some other man steps into her life, throws her a wedding ring, flaunts his financial stability and wants to marry her. You have no leverage or ownership of her, she can just walk out on you.

I understand that this day and age it seems like a huge mistake, and I won't say it isn't. But marriage is a very serious commitment because of that contract and the wedding is not only a celebration but butters the relationship up and announces to everyone that this is your woman (or your man). Marriage has slowly watered down to highway robbery for many women, and for attractive golddigging men.

Pre nups are great.

Investments are great. There's no such thing as "splitting" what you've invested elsewhere, since it is for the investee's use. If you sense any type of divorce coming up, start throwing your money elsewhere, she won't be smart enough to realize where it went.

When you went to college, got a good paying job, and have friends and family who want to remember a day for the rest of their lives, you'll understand.

Until then...

Attached: 1373432278662.jpg (640x360, 36K)

If you manage to find a girl who is cool with not wanting a big fancy wedding and instead putting the money into something practical like buying a house or a new car (if needed). If you find this girl then that is the fucking one.

>gf
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave

Guess I'll either just die alone or engage in bisex activities then.

>the only way to show your wife you love her is by spending ridiculous amounts of money
Honestly I don't get why people don't get married as soon as possible after the husband proposes
Wouldn't you want the bond do be set almost immediately? Why wait a year?

Convert to islam. She'll be a virgin and you dont need to go through these monotonous generic activities at usual weddings. You all hate islam but if you follow it like regular normies should, you cucks would fucking love it.

to test the relationship a bit more and raise money for the ceremony

the bride's FATHER PAYS FOR THE WEDDING

any husband that shilled money for the wedding is an idiot

More than anything Id like a simple, yet memorable, and joyous wedding to celebrate my communion with my most SO

Sure most weddings are terrible and are arranged just to show off and because muh tradition. But there are those that actually do mean something to the people who host them, and in the end actually feel like everything was worth it.

youtu.be/pP2zEtgP-SI

Even though this clip doesnt have the full scene. It accurately shows what a nice beach side wedding scene should look like

A real wedding doesnt need expensive clothes, expensive decor, or a shit load of people but a place you can feel confortable in and can commute with those closest to you

>You have no leverage or ownership of her, she can just walk out on you.
marriage doesn't change that though. you can still get cuckolded (in the literal sense of the word), and the woman will still have the right to your stuff.

You literally quoted ONE line of my post, when I already explained that modern marriage allows women to cuck you and have the right to half your shit. Learn how to read stupid nigger.

I totally agree and so does my gorgeous wife.

We spent a total of 248.48 + 5 dollars for flowers from the Dollar Store for our wedding (and most of the incurred cost was because of the license and applications).

I didn't buy her a ring, she wore a $500 dress I got her for special occasions.

The greatest part is we have $100k in the bank and still we weren't even remotely tempted to spend on something fucking pointless. Relationships are important; marriage doesn't magically make relationships better.

Attached: marriage expense.jpg (400x448, 47K)

>the only way to have a loving wife is being willing to spend money you don't have on temporary bullshit
There's that shitty, materialistic mindset again. If having a wife means tending to some consumerist whore, then I don't want one. Better to sleep around than to have some bitch who expects affection from you in the form of gifts, and leaves you if you refuse to fulfill to her unreasonable wishes.

Fuck off, nigger. A good woman won't leave your side over shit like this

Attached: 1522675439934.jpg (183x250, 7K)

wtf is a pingoo you faggot

No I like to laugh at you guys and post your greentext on reddit.

>Non religious weddings should be banned

Fuck off christnigger

>Go to cousins wedding
>Her maid of honor goes on about how they have been best friends for so long
>Then immediately says they have only known eachother for 6 years
Are women really this awful at having friends?

Attached: 139483627938.png (569x802, 563K)

Only nobility had these expensive weddings, while commoners had simple little ones. Only recently has it been a normal thing to spend a shitton of money on a wedding.

in the next paragraph you say it's serious when it's clearly not.
idk why you hold on to that belief

At least she has friends. I haven't had friends in quite a while.

if you're willing to trust someone not to walk out on your with half your shit or ruin your life, it is serious

it's only serious for one person, but that person is irrelevant.
it's the wife that holds all the power and also the one that doesn't take marriage seriously. they destroy its value

Nothing noteworthy of explanation, but it's nice having a sensible young wife.

Just looked it up
>average cost is 25k and 10k is considered cheap
Holy fuck! That's like 4 times what I spent on college total

>best friend and I both turn 30
>renting apartment together
>go to town hall
>get married
>suddenly get a bunch of benefits for pretending to be in love

True
Don't ever get married

any man thinking about getting married should go to MGTOW.com and spend a little time learning about what your future will be like.

I'm not big on weddings, but a small ceremony would be nice. I don't see myself wanting to spend more than a thousand though, including the rings and stuff.

MGTOW only applies to betas who can't find someone they actually love who loves them back
Shit only hits the fan when marriage is between two people who don't love each other, one of the partners is toxic, or they haven't experienced enough of life together

>Could spend a few hundred getting registered as married then spending however the fuck much you want to go on a honeymoon around the world or buying your first home together

I understand women like to show off how happy and well off they are to their friends and family but Facebook/social media means they can do this without being in the same room as their friends and family. It's just short sighted, some could begin a down payment on a house or go over seas for 6 months + with the money they waste on weddings. Surely 6 months of photos and stories or a house to invite friends and family to visit is a better brag than a wedding.

The only weddings I could possibly tolerate are those ones where guests give the bride and groom money. I think it's a cultural Greek or Jewish thing, the money is meant to be enough to at least cover the cost of the wedding if not give the couple a head start in buying a home and settling down. Anything else is grandstanding at your own cost.

>pay $15k for a ring
>ask her for marriage
>pay $20k for wedding
>years go by and she is tired of you
>she leaves you, take the kids and half of your shit

Yeah... don't get married.

Idk man, I'm marrying a half asian girl and we're doing a traditional Asian ceremony.

Monks, an elephant, Buddhist temple shit, and the money tree. She has some rich family. When her parents got married, they walked away with like $6K just cuz. She doesn't want an expensive wedding either. She just wants a nice ceremony with friends and family.

My parents got married in front of two old people and a dog.

maybe. but do not over 50% of married people get divorced. why take the chance.and about 80%of divorce started by the wife.

Not the guy you were replying to, but: No, the rate peaked at 40% long ago and it has been declining.

>why take the chance
Couples who wind up getting divorces were retarded in the first place. The statistics don't tell you whose relationships were built on strong fundamental values. If you base every decision in your life based on how many retards messed up their decision, it means you don't have faith in yourself to not be retarded.