Apatheism

So I found this thing called apatheism, I decided I'm that. I don't care if there's a God or not, and if there is and he's all powerful then he shouldn't care if I talk to him in my mind or not, and also im not praying to a god who is ok with kids starving and dying of thirst. Bhuudism as a philosophy is still ok though and I like that. Basically it's kind of optimistic nihilism.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-13-19-34-53.png (1080x1920, 152K)

i think most people are that, but having a term for it seems directly contradictory to apathy itself, no?

The existence of a higher power is unfalsifiable but if we assume it exists, why do we need to worship or pray to it? Such a notion is inherently problematic because it means that we are not responsible for anything we do as long as we are pious. Why would god care about us? That's insanely narcissistic.

I do believe that there transcendant value in people other than blood and guts but using god to illustrate this is just plain uncreative

not really, but it does appeal to the egocentric nature of hedonism

>why do we need to worship or pray to it?
i think this stems from a misunderstanding; the real meaning behind worship is to realize that you are inconsequential to a higher power, and if it takes notice of you it can do with you whatever it will, and the humility of understanding this notion is misconstrued as worship

This. My own philosophy on life and mortality and god and also politics and economics is "haha who cares dude this shits gay"

you cared enough to look for it
ie. you arent an apatheist

its an out-of-group term
you cant call yourself one and be one

OP here, if I still hold those beliefs but did some metacognition on the reasoning behind them then what does that make me instead

it makes you an agnostic who doesn't give two shits

What would be the correct definition?

Attached: Hoplite.jpg (739x1077, 437K)

You can be apathetic about something and know you're apathetic, then that doesn't automatically make you any less apathetic about it. Saying apatheism is an out of group term is saying that apathy as a whole is an out of group term

That is kinda of how I precieve God myself. If God is real, and he's as powerful as we say he is; then he shouldn't give a rat's ass about life on Earth. To us, we'd just be grains of sand, nothing more than an afterthought.

Attached: 1519153819520.jpg (460x446, 45K)

its not the definition that im questioning per se since its impossible to be certain of the age of the notion of worship

either way if there's a higher power you have to acknowledge that it can steamroll your ass. people tell you to be humble not because a higher power gives half a shit, but because its for your own good that you dont assume egotistical characteristics that fly in the face of your natural role as a stupid ape

I don't know now, I like to be a cocky bastard.

me too, but mostly in the face of societal roles

You fool.

Thinking man can comprehend God.

Attached: shawshank.jpg (940x529, 118K)

That's what I mean, I am a Roman Catholic but at this point in life I try not to figure out the divine and let it sort itself out.

I don't want to comprehend him because he shouldn't change how I live my life. I just want to fuck around on earth and try to have a nice time, and I dont want to waste the time trying to please a dude who has shown me no evidence that he exists

the divine is always sorted, what needs sorting is the societal interface, in which case, cockiness is fun, wholesome, and in all likeliness pleases the maker

Attached: smrt.jpg (500x376, 111K)

The world wouldn't get anywhere without assholes

Praying now and again on Sundays and holy days ain't too bad. Like I said here: easier to let God do what he wants and focus on our own matters.

This is OP, im going to bed so I can't contribute anymore.
Add me on discord if you wanna talk
Ehmn#0875

God gave you the gift of life and yet you deny his existence. He doesn't owe you shit.

Attached: black man.jpg (500x344, 23K)

Discord is for the underage and queer, goodnight however.

Im not saying he owes me anything. I don't want anything to do with him and I don't care if he exists or not.

Literally the most pants-on-head retarded belief possible.

Attached: 0262EBFE-C915-4BC0-AE8E-E9EB1C366949.jpg (640x640, 69K)

Pray to the god of Abraham, Elohim Yahweh, or El for short, and ask him to give you wisdom. It's worth a shot; he might give you a sign and hope for a hereafter in your lifetime. Don't follow modern day religions; they are moral salad-bars that cater to normies who pretend that dipping their toes in shallow waters is akin to diving into deep waters like their saviors and prophets had done. Change your ways and he might hear your prayers; it is written that prayers of the wicked are abomination to the ears of god. I'm holding onto the same hope that he will reveal himself to me before I die so that I don't enter into death kicking and screaming. Don't be apathetic towards god, be apathetic towards the world.

Attached: 1519963515394.jpg (900x615, 149K)

I used to be this way, idk when I got so invested in everything. I was happiest when that was my general mindset of the the world and life

All the retards that think God replies are actually slowly driving themselves mad by talking to themselves for so long

its not the same. Apatheism is not just feeling apathy over religion. It's two completely different things.

what are all of you doing browsing Jow Forums on the school computers?

I don wanna study. Get off the internet, mooooom!

Dont fucking ban me, its a joke

I'm sure they will be talking about this ridiculous thing you just made up off the top of your stupid head in philosophy departments for decades and decades

>Any discomfort I experience in life is the fault of my father for not loving me enough to kill me immediately after I was born.

The absolute state of the """""""first world""""""

Attached: 1514239121452.png (378x357, 81K)