Did you feel sad when one of them passed away? If so why?

Reminder that chester bennington and chris cornell passed away. I will miss specially chester bennington, he had such a great voice. Chris cornell is fantastic too but I didn't listen to him back then. Did you feel sad when one of them passed away? If so why?

Look at chris cornell his daughter singing a song for him. She is so dead inside...
youtube.com/watch?v=GOWS96ImOZA

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7QU1nvuxaMA
youtube.com/watch?v=CgwL14IDDJY
youtube.com/watch?v=xMTsul4UFl8
youtube.com/watch?v=2TtDWGK-ego
youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_2NB0RIaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i felt sad for them both but Lincoln Park is shit-tier and Soundgarden was the second worst of the 90s rock bands (after Nirvana)

Why is linkin park shit tier?

I mean, they aren't like absolute shit. they are just very generic and i saw them live once (they opened for Tool) and they sounded literally exactly the same as they do on the radio, they played like 18 songs (i thought they had like one or two, because they all sound the same) and they even invited their friends band on to come play so people started booing because everyone just wanted to see Tool play. the lyrics are all kind of high-school dramatic "i'm a monster don't get close to me" stuff. they were obviously talented enough to get famous but very corporate and i kind of felt like they were just cashing in on the end of rock-and-roll.

nope
i don't see why i should be sad by their deaths.
maybe he killed himself because the band was getting shitty album after album after the release of meteora

i was sad at cornell
audioslave is great man. he was a fantastic singer

>talented enough to get famous
>there are still people who believe you need to be good at what you do to be famous in 2018
jesus fucking christ

Cornell's death was a pretty big shock. I really loved Audioslave in high school & I'd been getting into Soundgarden when he died. Dude had obviously been pretty depressed for most of his life though, so I guess it was sort of inevitable.

Chester was a dumb cunt who bashed his fans. Cornell was and is a fucking legend.
youtu.be/7QU1nvuxaMA

lincoln park came out in the late 90s. and by talented i mean they are more talented than your average garage band. they know how to play their instruments, they know how to keep time, and they are really fucking tight when they play live. generic and the quality of the music isn't so hot, but they can actually count unlike 99.99999% of "bands" that wonder why they aren't famous when they've never even heard of a metronome.
even today, the rock bands you hear (all shit) are still better than the vast majority of all underground rock bands purely by virtue of being tight. plus lincoln park (i really don't like them) does have that "it" sound. if i was a record exec i would sign them in a heartbeat.

i got really sad when chester died actually. mostly because i thought of the times where me and my older brother would listen to hybrid theory and meteora together. we never really talk to each other, but when he died, i was reminded of the times where things where good. when i was just a little stupid kid with all the time in the world. i miss those days...

Attached: 1507995329937.jpg (960x986, 294K)

I mean I respect your opinion but I cannot disagree more, the lycris is high school dramatic? I don't know what you have been through in your life but I can highly relate to their songs. For example bleed it out, such a powerful song and the lycris fits. But I guess this really depends on each individual, since there is almost no way to objectively tell which "lycris" is considered "bad" or "good".

Here is an example why linkin park is so damn good live. One More Light is a song which I can relate too.
youtube.com/watch?v=CgwL14IDDJY

fair enough. i know they were huge and there is definitely a reason for that. i'm just not a huge fan. honestly, i haven't even listened to a lot of their lyrics and i pretty much hate most lyrics anyway because i find feels stuff in music to be really cringy for some reason.
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN! THESE WOUNDS THAT WILL NOT HEEEAAAL
like that just... i don't know, i reflexively cringe away from that kind of stuff. i'm more into old-school shit like
>goin down to shoot my old lady, you know I caught her messin around with another man

I feel you man.. Good old times back then..
Fuck I just looked what Mike Shinoda is doing. He is really in a terrible phase. Hope he doesn't end up like Chester. Chester was really his best friend and losing a friend who created the band
with you, can't imagine the pain.

Almost every new song of mike is a coping mechanism with chester his death.
youtube.com/watch?v=xMTsul4UFl8

>I miss those days

Me too user, me too

Attached: B0ED9005-6F7C-4C75-806B-E8888DA834CA.jpg (841x898, 180K)

I see where you are coming from. I don't get that by Linkin Park though, crawling in my skin is a big meme but since I was really mentally fucked up back then, I could releate to this song. It is like you have given up on your mental state and you "know" that you won't really get better. I was goiing crazy, couldn't controll my thoughts and I really thought that these "wounds" won't heal, but things got better. But I see why you find such thing cringey, it really depends on the person.

Why did they kill themselves?

Attached: dolores-o-riordan-94734-ncul.jpg (551x480, 64K)

Nobody mentions Tom Petty...

fuck you guys he was a real robot.

Attached: 1520066442222.png (340x516, 237K)

because the world is going to absolute shit.

realistically, most of them suffered with drug problems and depression, not a good combo really.

I guess because everything seems pointless even if you have a family and kids. The feeling that nothing matters hurt like hell and I think it specially hits u hard if you have "everything". You have enough money to buy the things which you want. So what is the goal of life?

there is a video about chester talking about his depression
youtube.com/watch?v=2TtDWGK-ego

You know what makes me really sad? To see people like Mike Shinoda and so on suffering because they killed themselves, it is like a cycle of emptiness..

Mike Shinoda has to find his way back. Guess he really is fed up with his death since he didn't have the chance to say goodbye. Chris Cornell his death is one of the big reasons why he killed himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_2NB0RIaA

Yeah, I really feel for their family and close friends. How do you really deal with the idea that someone you loved and spent so much time around was so unhappy that they killed themselves?

>Did you feel sad when one of them passed away
no because im not 12.

also my new rommate listens to only linkin park(literally only listening to linkin park 0/24 im not even sure he knows other bands exist.)

since then i actually fucking hate linking park and im glad that faggot offed himself.

woah, tough guy confirmed.

i love lil peep, if we;re having this kinda thread

Attached: 17437760_111542302719306_4941975961336807424_n.jpg (480x480, 23K)

you are welcome, lil peep was a talenteed guy who died because of a stupid fan... RIP

I couldn't muster sadness when my grandmother died, let alone strange people I never met and I get no utility out of. Maybe if they were still making good music?
Honestly I get sadder when a video game or third party mod gets cancelled than I do when I hear that X celebrity died.

Attached: smart.jpg (297x169, 10K)

He died because he was a retarded druggie taking stuff from an unknown source.

youd like to think youre never wrong (you live what you learned)

chris hit hard and the rationalizations never made sense to me, ativan is nothing to fuck with but it doesn't make an otherwise happy person kill themselves
it's weird how as you get older and see more of the people you loved or admired kick it you acquire a certain fearlessness about death

Linkin Park are what they are. Meteora is a good workout album.

Cornell is probably my favourite vocalist period. Hit me much harder but wasn't in the news much at all here. Think I saw one article on the 3rd page of a popular newsite and then nothing.

>tfw im gonna live to see trent reznor die
>tfw im gonna live to see david byrne die
>tfw im gonna live to see thom yorke die
that is unless i kill myself of course

>have kids
>commit suicide before they grow up
Two awful, awful people.

I was pretty shook when Cornell died.

I listed to soundgarden a lot of highschool.