>"Sorry ma'am, we can't accept Canadian currency here."
>she loses her shit and starts raving about getting management
>I just sit there and wait for her to finish
>"So are you gonna pay?"
>she reluctantly fishes out a nickel while giving me a death stare
>"Thank you, have a nice day."
>didn't even get in trouble

Why are normalfags so hostile??

Attached: 5-cents-1998[1].jpg (1000x496, 155K)

Everytime I get handed one of those Canadian nickels or pennies I just take it before they know and tell them "Hey you're missing x amount" or I just tell them and ask to keep it. It keeps them out of circulation and I get to collect them. Being from a small town with a bunch of tourists its irritating how many foriegn coins end up here

You guys don't accept Canadian small change? We accept American coins up here.

This isn't a bad idea. If someone gives you a Canadian 5 cent in lieu of American 5 cent, collect them and change them you've just made 20 percent profit

People are more strict about it now than they used to be. It's seen as a annoyance nowadays, probably in part because of how no automated shit will work with Canadian coins in the US.

It also depends on whether you're in driving distance of the border.

lol typical leaf

A good 10% of nickels and dimes I get are American and I'm about a 9 hours drive from the border, nobody cares if it's American or Canadian here

Ive worked retail and never worried about it.

I would either give it out as change to the next person or say fuck it, im not the one who counts the money at the store, not my problem.

>Why are normalfags so hostile??

No idea I work at a hotel and I get an uptight up their own ass asshole at least once a day. I actually had one guy insult me using my paycheck.

>"I'm a DOCTOR do you hear me?! A DOCTOR! You take your 40k a year paycheck and you fucking do as I say!"

I just fucking laughed and hung up the phone. I don't have to do shit faggot. I get people that ask for my name ALL THE TIME as if it means fucking anything. No you wont get me fired. I've seem other employees literally steal from us and they don't get fired even when caught. The only time I have ever seen others fired is when we get secret shoppers because its corporate that hands down the fire its no one in house. I get people who name drop other employees as if it fucking means something "Well blah blah blah at the front desk said that my rate would only be 100usd!" Do bitch we don't sell rooms for that cheep period. No one told you that go fuck yourself. I am not whoever you just name dropped I'm not going to do shit just because someone else maybe probably not said so.

Even better since I work night audit I have MOD powers. When they inevitably ask for a manager I just smile and say that I am the manager. They lose there fucking shit and call me a fucking liar. Guess what bitch? ?I'm the only employee here and calling me a liar ain't getting you anywhere.

I don't even know why they bother. My rule of thumb is that if you are pleasant to me I'll be pleasant to you. I bend the rules all the time for people that are understanding and work with me without calling me names or yelling at me. Yet also many people thing that calling me names and insulting my job will get them anywhere but me calling the cops to trespass them. Which I can do for any reason even if they have a room with us and nope they wont get a refund.

Canadian currency is worth less than American currency

We don't accept any foreign currency period.

A lady called my store on Friday to ask about some candles we used to have and I told her she would need to talk to our mercantile buyer to see about getting them back in the store and suggested she call our other locations during the day some time and she asked me to take down her number but then said never mind. She then emailed the owner of my company and said that I sounded annoyed on the phone. So now I am fired. I got fired over literally nothing. I wish this cunt had given me her number because I would actually kill her if I could find her. I dont know what to do now. They need me to work 2 more weeks because not enough staff so I am just planning on drinking at work and slacking off and being a dick to asshole customers

I work in a restaurant in Canada and I love when tourists are all worried I won't accept their American money. It's really no problem, thanks for the extra money

For the love of god don't go to work after you've been fired

I have no money also someone has to run the shop

Having looked again I feel fucking stupid for saying 20 percent profit. I read the exchange rate wrong

Were you new user? It sounds like they wanted to get rid of you, but needed a reason.

No I worked there almost a year. The owner has had it out for me for a while but my direct manager routinely describes me as his only reliable employee and says without me the store would not function

Fuck some shit up dude but not criminally.
Like leave the store empty half through your shift or leave the doors open or something

I am gonna shoplift the good shit instead of just gatorades and I will drink while working and take smoke breaks as often as I want and tell people to wait and if people dont tip me I will call them out and I generally am not putting up with any shit from customers ever again

Good shit. They're basically inviting you to Fuck their shit up. I wouldn't steal shit if there's cameras though so they don't call the cops on you in retaliation.
Pro tip: Lie on your next resume, nobody checks to verify those things, just your criminal record
Good luck man

Nah there are no cameras and the grocery buyer straight up said I could steal anything I want I just have to let him know so he can replace it

Canadian coins are interchangeable for American coins here. t. Alaska

>Customer comes up to me with a glass plate and asks if it will break when it falls?
>Customer wants 30 balloons at 8:55 when we close at 9
>Customer asking where is the toothpaste while I'm stocking in the grocery
>Customer shits on the bathroom floors, walls, and garbage can
>Customer takes apart an entire rack of items to walk away with nothing
>I fucking hate customers

Even though I'm a poorfag now and been out of work for the past month I'm so happy to be out of retail. I really was loosing my mind for a minute especially because I'm in management. I worked at a Dollar Store and people took it so unbelievably seriously I completely lost my faith in humankind. Corporate did everything in their power to take the customers side over the employees by giving us unclear policies or policies that are based on the customers attitude. Such as, if they're upset then give it to them, if they're nice about it then go about normally. Just stupid shit that made no sense. I will never do retail again, I'm waiting to find out about a $20 position at an insurance company. If I don't get it I'm applying for every kitchen in town because I refuse to work directly with the public in those settings again.

>Take coins to Coinstar machine.
>Unload into machine.
>Clink
>Clink
>Keep forgetting I keep a Canadian coin and an old bowling token (Don't know why) I had since I was 8 or 9 mixed in with my loose change.
Would be nice if the Canadian coin gets accepted one day, but probably only because the machine glitched and I won't get anything for it.