Eternal September of the Internet

It's obvious that Jow Forums is a walking corpse of what it once was, Jow Forums, Jow Forumsreddit, the fappening, gamergate and a few other things (jailhouse faggots), killed it. There *seems* to be a general census that 2008 was the beginning of eternal september for Jow Forums.

What about the internet in general?

Attached: 1512938187124.png (1352x693, 229K)

The iPhone was released in 2007. That was the beginning of the great normie invasion of the interwebs.

That plus facebook.

Around 1994-1995.

>eternal september
Eternal summer, more like.

>summerfags
I think 2012 or 2013 was the last where this term meant something.

You 2007fags will never be oldfags. correct chart here

Attached: 1524056929874.png (1352x693, 207K)

I miss this guy. "le coolface" is fucking cancer

Attached: 3056292-6211213107-troll.jpg (304x320, 9K)

Come on, you have to at least create a marker when moot left.

It has been a year since I discovered Jow Forums.
I have not been on redlit before
I am not a normie
I am not a neo-nazi

>started browsing in 2011
I was so close to being a newfag.

why did I have to be a 2016 fag
I always feel so inferior

>Tfw started using Jow Forums in 2015-2016
>Tfw i'll never be a oldfag
>Tfw i'll never know what Jow Forums was in 2003-2007

Why even live

Attached: an_hero.jpg (216x233, 7K)

Came along at 2010, idk I had a lot of fun until sometime after 2014. 2012-2013 was an absolute blast for me.

Tfw didn't start coming here until 2017

Attached: IMG_4677.jpg (249x249, 29K)

I dont think the downfall is specific to Jow Forums but applies to the internet in general. There was a time when the internet felt more fun and carefree but then people realized how much money could be made. People used to create content because they enjoyed it but now people just shill themselves for subscribers or donations or ad revenue.

>mindlessly spouting memes
Read this.
encyclopediadramatica.rs/The_xchan_effect

Use archive.org

I would say that's not all of it, but certainly part of it, plus the rise of social media and smartphones. Laws catching up with the internet, normie invasion, and everything became political.

2007 for me, went down hill from 2009 onwards fucking Boxxy... that was the beginning of the spiral downwards for me.

9 years later I'm still here though

I've been here since 2012 it's been cancer then It's cancer now, I bet it was cancer way back in 2003.

i was on Jow Forums before it had its over 9000'th birthday

> ends at r/Jow Forums
i think you forgot the discord section, bud

>newfag here

I've been on and off the board for years, I would go 3 years on and maybe a year off since 2010

>2005
Where did the time go lads?

Aye ok mad

And some other stuff.
Basically opening the internet to the unwashed masses is what led to it's death.

Attached: 2007.jpg (1477x1941, 429K)

Coolface is antiquated by now. Even the term "trolling" is hardly used here.

Started in 2007 when I was linked to this site on a gaming forum.

epic trips!

I had the most fun here from 2010-2012.

>Jow Forums, Jow Forumsreddit, the fappening, gamergate and a few other things (jailhouse faggots), killed it
Nah, all that stuff was fine/amusing though it did bring newniggers. Cuckold and tranny shit is what really killed this place.

Social media and smartphones were the worst things to ever happen to the internet.

Why the hell was I born in early 90's and not late 80's. Couple of years would have made huge difference in the quality of my internetfaggotry.

Attached: 1517467599955.jpg (286x327, 20K)

Jow Forums saw its largest user spike ever in 2016. It was unironically Jow Forums that has brought us this unprecedented wave of newfaggotry.

>Cuckold and tranny shit is what really killed this place.
That shit only peaked in popularity at the same time as Jow Forums. It used to be a fetish thing in the corner of one or threads on /b/.

True but it was due to the huge amount of news/journalist coverage centered on it which was extremely funny and echoed the old Fox News and Oprah type shit about /b/. The unfortunate side effect is just that with exposure comes newfaggots.

Attached: 2ohzoq9h8sox.jpg (960x757, 68K)

Yep. People tried to "trigger" Jow Forumstards with it and now they are unironically cuckolds and trannies lmao... what a joke. The whole thing is disgusting.

Attached: 0e88a51e1dbfde7633f131c634338a11283f1d55_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

>2008
>tfw forever newfag

It's them AND Jow Forumstards themselves into this shit.

this desu desu, I wish I had been a teen in the late 90s and an adult in the 00s

>tfw I had a gf in 2015 and fortunately missed out on the memes

Idk, I hate it regardless. Completely unfunny, retarded and disgusting.

Interesting that this chart has a Wojak but no Pepe.

Baiting is the new rusing is the new trolling.

>Look at old memes that were funny with oldfags
>Most are "lulz funny celebery" and "le funny trol meam" with the occasional rehashed shock image posted
>Literally plebbit tier shit
I'm surprised "oldfag" isn't used as an insult these days.

2012 was cancer but i'd still take it over what we have now. 2012 was the year the SJW shit really hit the fan and everything started becoming more politically charged.

>everything started becoming more politically charged.
I guess but at least now we know we literally have no power in a democracy. Turns out Trump is a neocon puppet.

>The number of purposeful, in-quotes spelling mistakes I had to correct because an-hero-gooki can't comprehend english so marks it as spam is unbelievable

What did you mean by deleting this?

I thought Jow Forums had finally gone the whole "you CAN'T insult the SYSTEM"

First lurked /b/ in late 2006, started posting on /v/ in ealry 2007, I remember the first rickroll threads.

I really don't understand why there's influx of newfags when literally most of content is made outside of Jow Forums now.

Fucking this. Everyone blurts out "LE REDIT" so often, but if you've ever taken the time to see what its like there, you'll find their humor is basically modern day reddit. If you go to the few edgy/racist subs, its almost exactly like Jow Forums circa 2007.

Kinda fucked up my post but you know what I mean. "their humor" meaning oldfags.

Do you even understand what you're saying?

>oldfags are like reddit
>reddit is like Jow Forums

Yes. Oldfag humor wasn't that funny. It was embarrassing by today's standards.

They're nothing alike right now, I'm saying current Reddit is like old Jow Forums. Lame humor.

I never really understood what tumblr did. I just remember it being *there* and hearing about Jow Forums raids.

You fags should probably kill yourselves if what you think what passes for humour these days is better than what came out back then.

Ungrateful children.

Okay grandpa. Go look at some advice animals or something. Long cat is long!! LOL!!11!

Long cat was funnier than anything on Jow Forums right now. Prove me wrong.

What exactly draws you to this place newfag?

Well, humor is subjective, so thats kinda difficult. If you find longcat funny then whatever. But the humor here is more meta than ever before so finding something on the same level as longcat is tough. However, in my attempt to find something for you, I discovered this thread and it made me laugh out loud after reading it.

Attached: Capture.png (264x316, 86K)

Well, going by OP's image, I am a newfag, you're right. Been here since '08. And what draws me back here is habit. I'm here forever.

The balkanization of this timeline makes me guess that it was edited by a newfag

If you've been here since '08 how are you finding any of the new shit "funny"?

2016 was a good year for memes, I'll give you that but other than that it's shit.

personally to me it seems like Jow Forums is alive and well, it's not home grown anymore but nothing stays that way forever, the only thing that concerns me is that there may come a day when people moderate their speech and don't speak their mind.

>balkanization
The what now?

who here /oldfag/? I don't even get half the memes here anymore

Its not really funny images or memes, anymore. At least not for me. I like reading stories and laughing at the crazy things people post. Like the image above for example, "Is it illegal to yell nigger out of your window?" That makes me laugh. the old stuff does give me nostalgia but it doesn't make me laugh anymore.

2006, where has my life gone?

There are no good memes anymore. Once /b/ became the hotspot for cucks to post pictures of their fat women, that was the end.

Most of isn't real and none of compares to old internet stuff like the guy who spent his paralysed gf's disability money on sex dolls, final fantasy house where people were injecting themselves with colored soda (or something), or something like that.

You mean dudes in dresses. At least fat women have a vagina.

September started with the Facebook-Instagram-YouTube trifecta, which enabled talentless Stacies to make loads of money because everyone wants to fap to their swimsuit pics.

She then proceeds to whine when people mock her (everyone mocked everyone on the Internet but it was never a big deal because no one took it seriously) and because it's a girl the bolts are tightened.

>We weres here furst
>Lolcats and lolstories
>lololol
>You're a coon LOL TROLLED
>Lemon party old man threeway EW shock TROLOLOL
>This was all way better than your humour and antics
You should go back to that nursing home you call reddit now.

Then you'd be 22 in 2008 and graduating into the recession. Your life would be worse.

If only there was some kind of an easily-accessible search engine to discover the meaning of such an alien word, eh?

I want a conversation.
At least give me that.

It's called eternal summer you fucking newfag. Fuck off.

>stacies
Don't forget meathead chads. At least, stacey didn't beat you up and dunk on you and then go on to be a successful viner/youtuber/asshole because "beast", "hype" and all that shit and invading hobbies they were never interested in.

I actually liked coolface better than that guy. He still existed for a few months after I discovered Jow Forums. but coolface was always more evocative.
If only image macros were the only things to have changed.

This. Literally what the fuck am I reading. Comparing today with back then is like comparing fruit flies with dragons (both can fly -> both are a "type" of humor, the comparison really ends there).

Most humor back then was in blogs and websites themselves. Some intentional some not. It wasn't mass shared as much

>which enabled talentless Stacies to make loads of money because everyone wants to fap to their swimsuit pics.

You know what frightens me? Things like cyber-stalking have normal things to do for normies.

>children
I shiggy diggy.

Nah nigga, 2008.
>Iron Man
>COD4

Big Bang didn't popularise "geek culture" persay. It was still a funny little show about nerds then. And then 2008 came along and everybody was a geek.

hell even bait isn't used nearly as much as the generic term "shitposting"

Attached: bait.jpg (600x459, 51K)

The only newfag here is you.

Don't forget 2017 for Jow Forums

For the rest of you fags, remember that it takes a bit for the year to come into it's own
The past years only reached climax in late fall/early winter

What sucks is people who graduated high school before 2008 had to see their interests they used to escape from the world being stolen by notmies who used to bully them.

But that's a repercussion of the events of 2007, i.e. 2007 was the trigger. It takes a while for these things to go into full effect, it's a kind of momentum-snowball effect.

>if you've been on Jow Forums for 11 years, you are still a newfag

Attached: zuckerberg.jpg (670x626, 44K)

It's about the kind of content that has been present on Jow Forums. After 2007 it stopped being genuine, unique, and interesting. It started, slowly at first, then quickly, to turn toward "easy" mass-consumption-style content, favoring phrases over image macros, in a similar way that reddit used to love vectorising images from Jow Forums maymays instead of using the image itself.

Jow Forums doesnt work on there

I've been here for a year only. But I've fit in pretty well, sometimes I even pass for an oldfaggue...

The internet hasn't been truly great since Totse died.

Attached: 1475280413283.png (1837x895, 608K)

>After 2007 it stopped being genuine, unique, and interesting
I disagree desu

I started browsing Jow Forums when I was underageb& and have been here since 2006, maybe earlier but I can't even remember anymore. Ancient memes like were aimed more at being random rather than funny which meant some of them didn't feel as forced as most of them do now. I'm more surprised that despite constantly being here I haven;t managed to fuck up my whole life.

>Aniki dies
>"lol who's this fag?"

Attached: sad sheldon.jpg (550x634, 48K)

Because you're a redditnigger-tier newfag who needs to die.