/uni/

Media/stem schools shilling for group projects edition
nautil.us/blog/the-case-against-lectures
How's uni going? Do good on an exam? Putting off homework?
I got 2 weeks left then I'm done for the semester.

Attached: Untitled.png (580x525, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KO4pC30lGs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have midterm in 12 hours and haven't started studying yet

You can make it user, you gotta study though. If you need to sleep, sleep for about 6 hours.
Then you got another 6 to study and get to the exam

I'll try.
Thanks user for the motivation

>lab exercise tomorrow
>lab exercise in two days
>midterms next week
>big boogeyman operating system project released
>last semester's project still not finished
>still haven't passed calc II
And I'm just sitting here, spamming Parker Hartzler pictures on /mu/ and listening to Pallbearer.

Attached: 1519513808036.jpg (960x960, 42K)

Those are some nice digits, my man.

Attached: 1505632296339.jpg (720x540, 22K)

Everyone in my class is a chad

Why is studying law so comfy? I haven't been this happy since I was ten years old.

I'm going to register for the food science course soon. Please discourage me before I make the jump.

Attached: wot.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Thanks too user.
You deserve ur 4 dubs.

whats wrong with food science?

>test today
>opened test paper
>only recognized one of the questions

Attached: 1507911209771s.jpg (125x119, 1K)

Know that feel. Happened last semester, got like an 11%. Interestingly there was a 20 pt curve, still didn't help

>barely have any friends
>have a ridiculous worklord making there be no time to meet people

Attached: pink wojak.jpg (584x530, 216K)

Taking a harder major, but no one knows what it is or why its useful. They just know its hard.

And everyone finds it boring so no one wants to talk about it even the 10 other people in your own major.

Name the discipline.

Bio systems processing?
Some form of math degree?

>tfw every faculty member's lab is full
>tfw just want to volunteer and get some relevant research experience before I'm done with undergrad

i'm in sophomore year, so I have time, but still

Attached: 1523924271968.png (798x571, 261K)

>when your language class requires a skit with a partner
for what purpose? I mean I do ok at them but i fucking hate writing those dumb things let alone the acting required to not look like an autist
that and you can always get a fucking retard who drags you down, last semester the fucking bastard forgot like a quarter of his lines

>kept trying to get physics research experience through sophmore year and part of junior year
>continuously told they have nothing then a month later somebody else gets a research position with them
>eventually kills motivation and I stop looking
>graduating with honors and earning a math degree along with my physics degree
>"wow user that's impressive, if only you had gotten research experience you'd be doing great" - t. professor who skipped over me like 4 times

Pretty much have a worthless degree because the faculty at my school didn't give a fuck about me.

there's a good chance i failed an exam i really shouldnt have. ahhhh
there's also a course where i got fucked out of 40%of 30% of my final grade. so that's 12% i just lost for a dumb mistake.

i just really, really don't want to fail any courses, but i might, alas. it would fuck with my graduation date, unless i get 1-2 courses this summer. but i have a full time job and somewhat specific course requirements. i just wanna be done this shit, but i let myself slip. idc about the mark but i care about the fail.

i'm just kinda scared idk why

this is what i'm afraid of
i'm going to keep emailing professors and going to office hours until something happens, even if the only opportunity I get is in the last semester of my senior year

Attached: 1520663455418.png (646x592, 533K)

Don't give up like me, user. Succeed for the both of us!

Maximum dubs in a post you make me proud
Checkd

Attached: ITSABLOODYBUSINESSBATES.jpg (720x406, 84K)

>tfw professors make friends with the 75% scoring gym rats and visibly wince whenever your 95% scoring ass speaks

Why are humans like this? I'm not even that autistic.

I think the favortism that goes on during college isn't talked about because the people who aren't the favorites end up in a shit position of no power because of it.

Econometrics!!

Original thot

Just got home from meeting with my adviser. Next semester I'll be taking Anatomy & Physiology I, Technical Writing, "Exploring Computer Technology," and Intermediate Algebra.

I'm taking intermediate algebra as a sophomore because I'm a mathlet and a returning student. After a decade out of the classroom I can't understand what the fuck they're talking about so I keep dropping the class. This semester I'm going to have to do it one way or another though because it's holding me back from taking other courses. I'll be happy with a C.

Decided to go with the simplified comp sci class because it's easier while still fulfilling my degree requirements. I'm not a comp sci or engineering major, I don't need a strong theoretical understanding. The only introduction to comp sci section is taught by an asshole professor anyway.

Community college is kind of awful, only half the professors remotely have their shit together and NONE of the staff does. The whole place is a mess and my grades suffer from it. Can't wait until I can transfer somewhere else.

Attached: 1305776034321.jpg (517x387, 47K)

>Check em
Dubs Dubs of Dubs Dubs is inspiring, carry on lads.

last semester for me in med school.
I dont have any fight left in me. my life has gone to shit and my last piece of sanity is rapidly slipping away.
I'm drunk and sedated right now. finals are coming but I cant seem to focus on anything.
somebody kill me pls

Attached: 1507701166438.png (1280x720, 345K)

Prostitution?
Originally

Midterms going on. Math went really bad. I hate myself for not preparing but I just can't bring myself to study

>had to give a speech for debate class in front of 300+ students
>was pretty nervous but tried my best as always
>prof gave me immediate feedback
>"really good, very self-confident, and highly entertaining to watch. Great work!"
>still a shy NEET in real life

Attached: 1522258627275.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Sometimes it can be helpful to think about math as a foreign language. Try to get in the habbit of figuring out what the math "says" instead of just memorising equations. I guarantee it will make it easier in the long run.

t. former mathlet

*shy loser not NEET

>Person Not in Employment, Education, or Training
>"I'm a NEET"
>Is in Education

>presentation of a work for class
>start talking
>absolutely retarded babble
>fuck up the whole order about what I'd speak
>nervously stumble towards the end ashamed
>teacher gives highest grade

Attached: wut.gif (164x144, 1.42M)

>college mathematics
>fail
>gotta do it all over again
>make it my only class
>stay 8 hours after class studying
>talking adderal everyday
>All I care about is fucking MATH
>semester ends
>failed again

I'm done, I just wanted to be a music major. I quit guys. I'm just gonna start a business or something.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u3 (2).jpg (636x515, 38K)

Great advice and great dubs. We're all gonna make it

Attached: 1519944657455-r9k.gif (399x632, 288K)

>skipped all my classes for the day again

Attached: 1513558381008.png (494x464, 360K)

I did too. I just don't have a desire to go anymore. Ill do the assignments, I study, but I don't wanna go to class.

>normalfags always bitching in the library about how much work they have and how depressed they are
What's their problem?

Attached: SUMMON BOB.jpg (1200x1200, 552K)

>Construction going on outside my window
>Again
>Need to study but the noise
FUCKING FINISH YOUR SHIT YOUVE BEEN AT IT FOR MONTHS RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1507857366979.png (640x640, 12K)

>I have my last clinical rotation starting tomorrow and ending on Friday
>got an 86% on a test just about everyone else failed
>schools over in like 2 or 3 weeks
overall feeling pretty decent.

Attached: 1484116540100.png (812x806, 797K)

Dumb apuposter. Put some better headphones in, or leave your home for once and find a different area to work in.

>Trips of truth
Dang it faggot, why do you have to be right? I was actually gonna leave to go get supper though. This is annoying AF

I got a 12 pack of those fancy Left Hand beers for free this past weekend. Feels pretty great, desuyo. I'm planning on saving them to end particularly long days with.

Attached: Comfy39.jpg (1936x1452, 1.57M)

Any good strategies for learning linear algebra or math in general? I'm having a hard time tbqh

I honestly think most people might be borderline retarded. I'm not even smart, but I spend a few hours studying the night before and I generally get A's on exams. Like seriously, unless you're taking some advanced math or physics, I don't get how people can't grasp basic concepts. It pisses me off when I see students wasting their parents' money and not even fucking trying. We got geography exams back today and the girl next to me answered a question asking about a specific country with Africa. A FUCKING COLLEGE SOPHOMORE THOUGHT AFRICA WAS A FUCKING COUNTRY.

Attached: 1515649722870.png (500x375, 213K)

>unless you're taking some advanced math or physics
I am. I think most people in these threads do as well.
> A FUCKING COLLEGE SOPHOMORE THOUGHT AFRICA WAS A FUCKING COUNTRY.
People like that, I dont know how they get into college

go for tutoring, talk to the professor

I know that feeling. I took an Accounting class and micro-econ class as a part of my Actuarial Science major electives, and they were some of the easiest classes I've taken. I only required 2-3 hours of studying to get perfect scores on tests for those classes, and yet the average test scores in the accounting class were around the 70's.
I just don't understand how people can do so poorly in such easy classes, it was just basic memorization and simple concepts.

>learned poetry last year by reading Keats, Yeats, Hughes, Plath, Dickinson, Blake, and Johnson collections
>apply to university's poetry program
>get into university's poetry program
>also double majoring in that and CS
>other 9 poet students are all spoken word free verse tumblr fucks

fuck. what am I going to do?

>tfw starting to get gigs that are paid at a professional rate
Any music majorfags, or am I alone again? If you're here, you all are actually gigging in addition to doing classes, right?

Attached: hmmmmmeee ;D.jpg (320x295, 18K)

Sit down and reconsider your life choices. I can't believe you've actually managed to double meme major.

>meme major

60k starting and I get to practice my hobby, what are you going on about?

>it's a "existential crisis just before finals" episode
I laid in bed for two hours this morning before getting up. I just have no purpose to do anything.

>10% test on friday
>want to test moda for the first time tomorrow
hope the hype is true and I can learn a whole term worth of material in a day

Attached: 94193412381.png (657x527, 33K)

>chinese students get caught cheating on test
IMAGINE MY SHOCK

Attached: 32195.jpg (733x670, 73K)

Japanese are the smart ones. Chinese just copy the rest of the world

not music major but I do do payed "gigs", but its for choral performance
I do have a concert I'm performing in tomorrow tho

>last week
>submit 75-page thesis literally in tears because I ran out of time and its fucking awful and incomplete
>supervisor emails me to meet today
>consider shooting myself instead of going
>I got an A
>she wants me to revise it and submit it to a quarterly journal
Its a complicated feel boys. I was genuinely suicidal over this.

Attached: 1522943067830.jpg (708x480, 37K)

Finally enrolled for summer classes bois.

Attached: 20180417_151438.jpg (1502x1199, 799K)

I underestimate myself too. I get super stressed that I'm doing subpar work, but everything usually ends up alright.

>mfw I'm the opposite

Attached: 4982304829348.jpg (720x960, 58K)

>be STRONGLY introverted, almost to the point of a schizoid
>have 6 classes this semester
>every single fucking class is a semester-long group project (mandatory group projects, you can't just do them alone)
>tfw I can't fucking even

Anyone else gonna graduate this fall?

god someone help me, changed 7 page essay topic 5 hours before because i ran out of ideas, send help send help send help

Holy fucking SHIT. Was it college algebra?
I failed several times but finally got lucky with a Prof that would give you lots of credit if you just showed your work.

Every semester, we have a group project. Last semester I had a good group and made some friends, but this time I'm stuck with shit for brains who can't be bothered to do anything. Wouldn't be a problem if I could do all the work alone, but we're supposed to be building something and need several group members to be allowed into the workshop. At least I can pass just by doing well in the modelling test, the report and the class test.

nth for modafinil

>put off work till literally the last night before again

Attached: 73.jpg (645x623, 49K)

I've basically never had group projects in my 4 years of college aside from a few weeklong mini projects that were extremely easy

I envy you so fucking much, user
>the shit I have had to put with

why is everyobody shilling so much team work in my country? I'm only studying to be a public administrator for fucks sake...

Attached: 1504257971913.png (647x485, 495K)

Well, nice work avoiding group work.
Its a cancer thats spreading to every class

>tfw started my studying early and now completely burned out

Attached: 1506444183024.jpg (700x700, 68K)

>How's uni going?
Shit

>go to community college right after high school
>stay there for 3 years
>switch majors 3 times
>transfer to year school
>fail/drop a shit ton of classes
>eventually drop out of year school
>go back to CC
>retake a few classes
>first semester was good
>second semester is shit
>failing classes
>parents want me to go back to year school and finish my finance degree
>hate my major
>hate my classes
>just can't seem to focus and get my shit together

Been in school for almost 6 years now and I'm fucking depressed. I do want to get a degree so I can get a better job, but holy fuck I can't even pass simple intro classes. I just feel like school isn't for me. I feel like I will be stuck working this shit job for the rest of my life. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Attached: help me.jpg (633x758, 68K)

>Professor wants a full first draft of the 20-page paper that is due in ~3 weeks
>thought the draft was due next week, so have been putting it off until the weekend
>its actually due tomorrow

Attached: 1510529946109.jpg (750x724, 94K)

>Mfw dropped out of STEM aftwr 3 years and switched to english

Attached: 1521163048355.png (237x441, 135K)

>get to class this morning for written exam in the big class
>sit down
>immediately realize I forgot to study at all
I guess it's a good thing I did well on the practical exam.

Attached: 1425178206141.png (200x318, 67K)

>take program based around computers because I'm scared to death of people to the point that my voice only comes out as a whisper and I can't look them in the eye
>only one group assignment in the first semester, class has an odd number of students so I just do it alone
>get to this semester
>one class is nothing but group projects
>constant group projects in another class
>have to turn in multiple pre-recorded audio presentations
>found out recently that next semester I have a class where I spend a lot of time helping semester 1 students in their classrooms
>been in a constant state of panic since
The only reason I even got through this semester is that I'm smart enough I get people asking me to be their partner because my grades are very good.

Attached: 1401061483971.jpg (840x700, 96K)

I have to read a whole book and take an online test on it on Tuesday
I am on page 30 of ~300
can I make it?

Don't become a wagie the food service industry sucks hard

You're almost there user, don't give up yet, you are only a few months away from becoming a doctor

If youre worried about not getting partners, literally just ask people around you, even if they've already started a group. Its pretty much guaranteed they'll say you can join.
As far as group work and helping other students that sounds really gay, but you can do it.
Remember user, youve gotta get that retarded piece of paper, but once you get it, its yours
Yeah. Assuming you actually try to read it

I want to not have partners. I can't handle people face to face. They've scared me since I was little. I got my last job because my brother vouched for me being reliable even though I'm so quiet. I only took this prograk because I wanted a job that would let me not talk to people.

I understand user. I hate group work too. I don't like talking to people. When the professor says
>Tell me something about you
I begin to freak out. Presentations are even worse. I get really shaky and stutter a ton. Its really noticeable. I had someone say they felt sorry for me because of how bad it was
You can handle group work user. Just remember, no one else wants to do group work either, and if you get an ok group, meetings will go like this
>meet up if it is absolutely necessary to get something done
>do it
>leave
that's it. Groups tend to have tunnel vision on getting stuff done so its a plus. You can handle it, its gay AF, but you can do it. Ive done a couple projects without hardly speaking. I just did my part, sent it to them, and that was it

It's just tough for me. A lot of my fear comes from childhood abuse. The whole time I was recording my presentations I felt like I was yelling but they still said I was too quiet in the feedback.
>tfw can't just marry into money and never leave the house

Your GPA and resume are trash now I'm sure. Just drop and work full time.

>doing well in literature analysis elective
>consistent A's on each paper
>completely forget about paper due today
>rush through writing it in an hour
>thought it was D or C material
>got a 100%
>tfw the professor is just an easy grader
>tfw you're not actually smart

Attached: knight of the sleepy face.jpg (408x337, 104K)

TCU reporting in
Lonely and board
there's a girl in my econ class I don't know her at all but she's really pretty
idk if it would be in bad taste to ask her out or maybe just for her number since I don't know her at all

As long as you don't make it too awkward and keep it simple and friendly.
Asking a girl out can be as simple as getting lunch with her or something, try to make it non-threatening and you should be ok champerino

Attached: 495a4b49f8388aaf665056c0bcdc12c3.gif (400x400, 261K)

I'll probably end up with two B/B+'s this semester, rest will be A's
How is everyone's grade outlook?

C/low B in one class (because I fell off hard after the midterm) and As in everything else. I haven't even handed anything in since the midterm in that one class but I ran the numbers and I'm guaranteed to pass, and could pull a C pretty easy.

Got a BBC for the term(semester).

Attached: 1492722245594.jpg (480x480, 16K)

Looking like 3 B's and 2 C's.
Might be able to get an A and 4 B's though depending on how rest of semester and finals play out

I took an intro to astronomy elective this semester. The teacher gave two options: Quiz every class or take two midterms. I fucked up in a few of quizzes and my note so far is a 3/5, which fucks my GPA a bit.
Should I take the midterm, lads?

Finals next week, everything is fine.
I don't need to study, it's all okay.
I can just sit here and play vidya all day. Yes yes.
Learning the material? I've had months to do that already.
help me

Attached: 1518798917161.jpg (750x750, 145K)

i never get any (You)s but b8 posters got hundreds of them
i just want to lie down and die

youtube.com/watch?v=5KO4pC30lGs

>doing terribly for one module
>final qualification will drop one lowest module anyway so i just need 40 to pass
It's nice to set such a low bar for once.