Any anons who failed college?

Any anons who failed college?

>failed two studies
>not good/passionate about anyhting
>have two options
>online coding courses + shit job
>or
>traineeship
WIth the online courses I'm afraid I won't be able to force myself to do them and I'll be stuck with a shit job for the rest of my life vs. a traineeship where if I hate it I'll be stuck to a contract for another year. Going neet isn't an option because I love my mom.

What did you guys go for

pic unrelated

Attached: 1520041925800.jpg (3024x4032, 926K)

What's the traineeship?

What's the fanbase of my hero academia?

Attached: 1495115836729.jpg (705x527, 247K)

women who smoke are disgusting

In 3 weeks going to have exams. About to finish first year computer Engineering.

What a shit course. I hardly know anything about java.

Attached: 26731354_1402896196505873_8418054382108739376_n.jpg (492x658, 36K)

You're going to have to learn Java on your own time, and probably a few other languages besides. No one is going to teach it to you directly, and if you can't code you won't find work. But if you do a good job, Silicon Valley beckons.

What the fuck is a traineeship?
Sounds like something ex communist country made up

don't know yet, something related coding or computers in any case hopefully.

I tried bio-informatics for two years, then regular informatics for one year. All the coding bits I was good at but there was barely any of it so I'm still not sure whether I'd actually like a job with it, but I don't really have anything else going for me so it's my best bet I think.

like an internship but different I guess

That's what I studied. It's computer engineering not software engineering. Idk what your school taught but at mine it was about hardware design (computer systems and/or the chips and ICs within them). We only needed C/C++ & Assembly to program hardware drivers and an operating system if we were using a CPU. We also used HDL to generate hardware schematics. Where does Java come in that?

also my mentor (idk what you'd call them in english, dutchfag) recommended the specific online courses to me and said he'd write a recomendation if I'd email him after finishing them. They do cost a few thousand euros but apparently they're really good and I can just try out a free one first to see if I can manage.

I expect college to teach me everything.

You're probably right. I just find it hard to learn something from nothing. I just need someone to show me the right way. I need a guide book.

Next year I can pick, networks, electronics or computer Engineering.

Computer Engineering next year will focus more on Java and business. Mine course has nothing related to hardware.

There are plenty of textbooks and online resources to teach you programming. A quick Google search should do it. It's probably also a good idea to build up a Github portfolio. University computer-related clubs might also have small coding projects for you to cut your teeth on.

The traineeship sounds like a good idea because it gives you immediate work experience and pay. Don't worry about hating your job; unemployment feels worse in the end, and even if you do hate it you still end up with 1 year of experience. Think about the money and your future career.

I got kicked out of college for shit grades.

Currently taking classes at a community college to bring my gpa up and show improvement. College isnt everything though. Father in law is 40 making 90 grand a year for the gubmen and never finished his degree.

smoking is such a disgusting habit, I want to puke

You weren't born in your father-in-law's time. I hope you get things straightened out though.

is experience worth more than a more wide 'base' of knowledge you could get from studying though? I always thought traineeships/jobs as highly specific, so if I'd fuck up I could never really do anything straying too far from that specific thing. Or is that a dumb thing to think

I also started in computer engineering, but failed my first semester and ended up changing to CS.

The "wide base of knowledge" is largely bullshit. You study to get a degree to get a job, but since jobs are scarce you need to trade on job experience as well.

If you have job experience (and are holding an actual job) people are more likely to hire you because they realise that someone else sees the value in you, which means you must have value. As you work and gain experience you can either get promoted doing similar things or try to work in a different field leveraging translatable skills. Also, just don't fuck up. It's hard to fuck up anyway, most people have such low standards you'll be fine if you're halfway normal.

That's how it works in Canada/the US, anyway. No idea how it is where you live, but it's probably similar.

I guess with anything experience is always the most important. thanks senpai

>tfw failed college three times
>tfw failed coding bootcamp
>tfw got rejected for internship twice
I guess brain work isn't my thing after all. I'll just go wageslave at the local factory with fellow failures.
Better than rotting as a NEET until I off myself.