Do retarded people know they're being retarded?

Do retarded people know they're being retarded?
If someone knew they were being retarded yet still acted retarded all of the time would they be considered retarded?

Attached: 1523012207001.png (1728x2304, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those who are actually diagnosed as mentally retarded tends to know that they're retarded, for everyone else:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

What the fuck does that comic even mean?

But do some dumb people know they're dumb?
I used to think I was kind of bright, now I think I'm a fucking dunce
And how do retards know they're retarded?
Isn't self awareness a higher mode of thinking?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm retarded and people are just being really nice to me and keeping it a secret.

Many people can be themselves and it's perfectly okay
Some people are designed to be screwed

i have no idea but i think it has something to do with a nut having a hole at the same place as the face usually is when inside a box

Dumb people can know that they're dumb since they can notice that they can't do things others can. Same with retards. If you get stumped on a chess puzzle and you notice someone solving it in a few seconds, you realise that they're smarter than you.

no

just look at the huge amount of college dropouts here who try to justify it as a choice because they earn more in a trade or something similar lol

sometimes I wonder if I'm a slobbering half-concious retard in real life, and what I'm experiencing now is just a delusion

are people always nice to you no matter what you do?

That's true
I've seen dumb people marvel at the accomplishments of others without fully understanding how they are doing what they're doing
But retard seems like another level of dumb, like if you don't understand basic arithmetic how can you possibly understand the nuances of relative ability?
Plus how do you know how dumb you really are?
Is it that everyone else is doing better than you and you cant keep up?
In your example a person with experience in chess could easily solve a problem that a possibly smarter person who has no experience in chess could not solve

>make post
>thread dies

Why does this always happen?

i'm a college graduate and i still earn more in a trade

a few of my friends and family call me the smartest person they know but i don't really know why
i'm kind of a train wreck alcoholic burnout

>everyone else is doing better than you and you cant keep up
That tends to be how dumb people feel. If you're so far gone that you can't understand basic arithmetic then you're probably barely even conscious, functionally speaking, so I don't think it matters.

>tend to assume that everybody around me has the same level of ability/knowledge in any given subject as I do because they're clearly at least as smart as me
>dumbstruck to find that I almost always have to explain myself
>can't tell if I have to walk them through it like children or if there's some deficit in my own ability to communicate
>can't read people's faces when I speak; can't tell if they're processing something profound or if what I just said was incoherent garbage
>constantly get told I'm some kind of genius but get the distinct feeling that I'm really an idiot and some people are clued into it
>find myself struggling with the most basic shit like opening doors and hygiene and dressing myself and not forgetting obvious shit and paying attention and knowing my shoes are untied
>feel like an infant when people have to walk me through it
>abnormal number of people seem to go out of their way to hold my hand, remind me of things, direct me, do stuff I forget, take me under their wing, mommy me, etc.
>at the same time, feel like I can't actually be stupid because the same people ask me for help with academic stuff all the time
>or maybe they're just making me feel smart
>but I must be smart because actual professionals ask me for help with studying and figuring out complex problems
>but I must be retarded because I'm a train wreck
>except I'm a functional one who's useful to people and can do stuff nobody else can
>except I can't do shit everyone else can
Am I a genius or am I literally retarded?

Attached: 1521261588846.jpg (195x250, 7K)

>if you don't understand basic arithmetic how can you possibly understand the nuances of relative ability
I'm fucking awful at arithmetic, but doing very well in my engineering mathematics courses. Overly simplistic.

>Kick ass in classes, standardized testing
>Total sperg when it comes to doing stuff in real life
Hahahaha sure would be nice to have intelligence I could actually apply

and what makes you think that they believe it themselves. It's just an excuse but they know the reason why they do it. Telling people that they drop out because it's too hard makes them even stupider

Is it because they can't keep up or because the feeling of not keeping up is something intrinsic to low IQ?
Personally I've gotten to a point where I dont give a fuck anymore, everything is fucked and might as well enjoy myself before I die (something dumb people think as well) so I dont know what the FUCK to think anymore

>tfw retarded and self-aware
it's an awful combo

i cant tell when im doing something dumb in the moment, but usually i think about it later and it depresses the shit out of me.

Attached: 1510889653665.png (300x300, 136K)

It's rare that it's too hard
I'm an advisor and from what I've seen it's because there's no clear path from A to B
The whole life of a kid is A to B, there's never much more than that
Elementary>Highschool>College>Job
But the college>job part takes individual will to get to, you have to know going into the gig that you're fighting tooth and nail
That's never addressed in school systems, good parents address that
So good parents create good kids who go on to be successful
But many people don't have good parents, look at the divorce rate and how that affects their children long term
There has been a conscious breeding of narcissism since the turn of the century
Striking back at something that has been established over that period of time with that technology with that know how that the layman has no access to...

I want to know your perspective
I lived with a gf with an autistic sister (diagnosed) and I never thought she was aware of her shit
>wakes me up at 3am
>user windows updates says it should restart now but if i wait will I get viruses?
>no go back to sleep its fine
>3hours later
>user it's happening again Im scared Ill get a virus
>if you're worried let it update
>but I'm talking to this cute r9k boi
>THEN FUCK NOTHING I SAY WILL MAKE IT OKAY SO DEAL WITH IT

I'm very stupid and I'm aware of it. Sometimes I'm aware of it while it's happening but it's too late to back out (like in the middle of a sentence) and sometimes I only realize it until a few minutes or days later.

It's horrible and it gives me sympathy for people who are even worse than me.

im really curious and you guys are the only place to get info
please responde

not all autists are self aware, and honestly i think they're lucky they aren't

I've never related to another post more than this one

This post is literally ironic XD

why do you quote me on something besides the point and how can you misunderstand so blatantly?
Your post is also contradictory saying that it's rarely too hard but also that it takes a lot and that good parenting is rather necessary. If many people don't have good parents and fail college, doesn't that make it too hard them? I'll give you the answer, because it might be too hard for you, its yes

I said it before, I say it again. There is no Dunning Kruger effect, it's the Pelanko-Dilonko effect
Also, I do know I'm retarded.