25+ thread

25+ general

It's kind of pathetic, but sometimes i miss gaia online...

Attached: 25 plus thread.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

locator.wizards.com/#brand=magic&a=location&c=51.483272621181676,-0.08628971410894692&et=PR&massmarket=no&loc=377706&orgid=36937&addrid=377706
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sometimes I do too. And then I remember that's dumb because zomg was gone anyway

I wish I went full autist into a fandom

>It's kind of pathetic, but sometimes i miss gaia online...

Dude, how old are you? I am 29 years old now and I still consider Gaia Online to be shit for underage b&. When I had first heard of Gaia Online I was like 18 and a friend had introduced me to a bunch of free MMORPGs like Knights Online, Silk Road Online, and Conquer Online, all of which turned out to be pretty shitty and did not come even close to feeding my hunger for returning to Final Fantasy XI.

>When I had first heard of Gaia Online I was like 18

How late were you to the internet?

if you could go back with all the knowledge you have today and unfuck it all, what day would it be?

for me its Monday May 12th 2008.

>How late were you to the internet?

I was accessing the internet through WebTV as far back as 1999, maybe earlier. I was 11 years old then.

>if you could go back with all the knowledge you have today and unfuck it all, what day would it be?

>for me its Monday May 12th 2008.

For me it was Tuesday, April 25, 2006. Man, if only I had known about Adderall or even Ritalin back then. I could have finished high school!

it's my 28th birthday today

not even sure how i'm supposed to celebrate birthdays anymore, noone else seems to really care that it's my birthday so why should i care?

What year was TeamArtail still alive?

Not that user but for me, 2007
Being poor most of your life is a helluva ride.

happy bday man. hope you have something nice to eat today

07?
I was poor, and even I had internet in 2000. Dial-up used to cost per minute. Oh man, the good old days.

I used to browse gaia on dail-up. Could barely load the sprites

>not even sure how i'm supposed to celebrate birthdays anymore
Just do something nice for yourself that you haven't in a while.
Last year I bought myself a bottle with what I had saved up.
This year will be nicer since I got a job.
Anyway happy b-day if you give a fuck about that kinda thing.

>Last year I bought myself a bottle with what I had saved up.

A bottle of what?

Yeah. Being in a tech illiterate family hasn't been great.

ordering pizzas tonight

Just a like $26 dollar Bushmills. I like it.

Has anyone been to a meetup on meetup.com?

I'm trying to work up the courage to go to a MtG meetup.

I feel like I have officially given up on trying to understand people. 29-year-old, unemployed, friendless, virgin, high school drop-out here with a therapist who threatened to take legal actions against him if he did not stop trying to contact her here. I was kind of hoping that my therapist could explain to me how other people think and feel and why they do the things they do and say so as to help me overcome social anxiety disorder, but, alas, she has been ignoring my e-mails and phone calls since February. And so I find myself stuck. Just sitting here. Shrugging. I do not understand the point of therapy at all.

feeling incredibly depressed
not sure what the point of going on is

Attached: 1508093730851.jpg (1698x1140, 185K)

therapists have a right to be weirded out by sexual comments and other disturbing red flags. they're not robots.

On one hand, being a fuck up made me meet this girl who made me happy for 8 years and I've learned what love was, on the other one, she cheated on me and destroyed me to pieces. I don't regret it because it was the only part of my life that I enjoyed and will probably be the last. I just need to stop wallowing in my pain and get my life back, but fuck me it fucking hurts to even breath, can't stop having flashbacks from the old days mixed with disgusting shit I imagine her doing. It feels like being cursed.

I never made any sexual comments to her. And even if I did, should not therapists help me work around such sexual thoughts? Would this not be referred to in therapy as transference of love and/or erotomania? Is this not the sort of thing that they were trained to be prepared for? Even a fictional therapist like Dr. Melfi from The Sopranos managed to professionally shoot down the advances from Tony.

It took a concentrated effort to get where i am today. There's no one day to unfuck it all, but thousands of them spent idle

Oh my fucking god, are you going to be the new adult highschool autist? STop harassing your therapist.

Adult high school autist? Who was that? What was their story? I think that that may have been me.

They have a right to cut you off if you display that you are attracted to them.

>help me work around such sexual thoughts?
If it's attraction to them, then no, it's smarter to cut off contact. these women deal with some seriously deranged people, i don't blame them for having an extreme policy on anybody who steps out of line. sorry man i cant feel sympathy for you because i know you're being obtuse right now, i saw your older posts.

anyways the other anons are right, get a male therapist

Have anyone started to see self-destructive think like drugs less dangerous? I was straight like an arrow guy and teenager and would never go close to these kinds of things but now I'm like "meh" I don't involve in self-destructive things now but I can see myself into it in future.

It was adult high school user, a 25 yo who started creeping on this 17 year old girl he thought was a special austistic snowflake. girl proceeds to ghost him

Dude just shoot the office a call or email asking to see a new therapist, preferably a male, or ask to be referenced to one somewhere else. Probably that option really.
I see a female therapist and I'm not comfortable talking to her about relationship or sexual things, because she's a lady, but like, aside from her being somewhat good looking I'm not attracted to her and I'm also not ready to start dating shit or whatever yet so it hasn't been an issue.
If she were a dude tho I'd have probably brought some of that up last year.

>shagged a fat lass
>get the "I'm late text"
>contemplate suicide

ah yes, life.

Attached: 479.jpg (3000x2308, 1.6M)

Has*
Sorry for my low IQ

>anyways the other anons are right, get a male therapist

I have been trying to, I really have. But I have only found maybe three male therapists. One told me that he would be too busy these next few months to see me, he recommended that I begin seeing one of his co-workers (a female therapist). Another one told me that he could not help me, but knew someone who could (he gave me the phone number of a therapist that turned out to be female). A male Lacanian psychoanalytic therapist called me on my cell phone like an hour before I was gonna go see my newest (and fourth) therapist-yet another female therapist. Luckily, this new therapist appears to be 72 years old, so there seems to be no weirdness here.

They have no real office. Their office is a tiny shared office in a huge office building with hundreds of different therapists from various different corporations. Their corporation has no real receptionist, only an answering machine that seems to have been set up by my therapist. They have been *completely* ignoring all of my e-mails and phone calls since February. They will not even discuss this with me through Skype or text messaging, or anything.

Just remember to get a paternity test.

Nobody tells you when you're young that if by 25 you're not on your path, you're pretty much fucked. By 25 you're basically who you're going to be the rest of your life.

Dude the only thing I can tell you then is to shoot them a final email asking to be referred to a male, or you just go find a new MALE therapist on your own.
I don't know what the fuck you did but I'm just gonna say that'd be your best option in case you did or said something without thinking or realizing it.

>7 fucking years since I were 18

WEW, what the fuck did I do

Attached: 1337776387987.jpg (200x200, 6K)

Everything past 25 has been a realisation of how much time I wasted, and what chances I should've taken.

Yeah alright. You guys seem to be annoyed with me now so I will shut up about this whole therapist business from here on out, but there seems to be another user in these threads who has a similar problem.

I have a new therapist now (72-year-old female) but I think I will just cancel my next appointment with her and reschedule my appointment with the male Lacanian psychoanalytic therapist instead. Thanks for all the help though.

28 year old alcoholic. lost another job, gonna get thrown out again, gonna move into sober living again. I've spent years of my life living in these fucking places, I'm so tired of it. I'll sober up for a while, get my shit together, build my life back up, and blow it all by drinking again. What's the fucking point

Same, and now we're fighting against time. Its like an uphill battle. Where I'm at right now at 27, I should have been at around 22 the latest.

I like my job, but it confers me no social status at all. I wish I did something that got me some respect.

Attached: 1522878781775.jpg (291x500, 31K)

Chads work those type of jobs sadly

Have you seen the marketplace since? Inflation really fucked up the place.

>tfw no modest living hoarding holiday items and selling them to desperate kids for tons of gold

Attached: GaiaOnline_GoGaia_logo.png (137x77, 18K)

>officially pass the 1 year mark for NEETing
>company actually gets in touch with me for an interview for a position I have some experience in
>get my clothes ready, order new set of pants since my old one weren't that nice
>the morning of the interview they call me up
>"hey user, sorry but the position isn't available anymore"
It's all so tiresome

Attached: why.png (285x276, 65K)

Yeah, I know, I'm trying to get shit done before I get to 30. Less than 2 years left.

So desperately want to go to a MtG thingy so I can meet some people, but social anxiety is eating me up.

I ain't annoyed with you, I just have no idea as to what the hell could have happened so I could help more than just saying "go see a guy lol".

>got my GED OCT last year
>got my first ever job early this month
>been working on my issues all last and this year
>making decent progress
I mean I'm still a bit of a social sperg with nothing in common with nearly most of all people and have no idea how to hold or make conversation, but I mean, at least I can function better than before.
But you absolutely right tho. I've been into my shit for the last couple years and I'm quite fine being into the shit I'm into. I hope y'all are as well.

>Where I'm at right now at 27, I should have been at around 22 the latest.
please don't remind me
It's awful having younger siblings and older siblings who overtake you like that

>be 25+
>creep on r9k for femanons to get lewds from
>talk to them
>get great lewds
>most are pretty cool/sexy
>get ghosted every time

always feels bad man in the end, why I am addicted to doing this?

Ah yeah. I get this. I quite liked Gaia in 03-05 maybe 06.
Fishing. Posting. Having a gay Avatar with bunny ears.

Pre release this weekend.
You should try and bite the bullet. I have been to some. Always alone. Sometimes people really try to be friendly.

>recently had surgery
>ask nurse if wound is still supposed to bleeding
>"I don't know"
how aren't more people dead

I miss those times when I was still deluded enough to think I could be ruling the world in the future.

when I was in college the stupidest people I met were always studying to be nurses or teachers. it scared the shit out of me.

Nobody knows how painful this is. I really just want to go to young people 15 - 20 and scream at them about what real life is and how they can avoid being fucked like me.

>I have been to some. Always alone. Sometimes people really try to be friendly.
Did you make any friends?

I want to go with a "friend" but I know he's going cast a shadow over me, even unintentionally.

I've been thinking of trying a couple. I'm kind of dreading it though. Meeting a bunch of new people and all that...

I think though that everyone in those groups have probably been the new guy at some point so they'll empathize with that and try to make you feel comfortable.

My favorite year on Gaia was probably 2014

This why you need networking to get job. Your job was stolen by a person who knows someone inside. We used to do this kind of shit.

But it's central London man, it's going to full of hipsters and some nerds.

I have no sense of style.

Other way around for me phampai

What's MtG? like meetup kinda shit?

i miss how much more fun the internet used to be ;___;

Attached: 1478392168814.gif (427x240, 761K)

>This why you need networking to get job.
I know that user, one of my biggest regrets thinking back on teenage/early adult years

Probably around 1998. I've thought about that kind of scenario many times. It's fascinating how the smallest changes would spiral out of control and make the present unrecognizable.

Magic the Gathering. It's a trading card gaming like yugioh.

No. I was living in Dublin at the time. I think it's the sort of thing you need to go to regularly. You can't make friends in one day.
Are you in London? Where do you live?

Somewhere in east.

>I was living in Dublin at the time. I think it's the sort of thing you need to go to regularly. You can't make friends in one day.
How'd it go anyway?

I live in Essex mate.
Yeah I played ixalan and rivals of ixalan in Dublin. Was good. I really tried to be friendly. I chatted with several people. They had events every night in this gameshop. But I was working til late so could never go regular.
I think it's worth it for you to go to London man. Depends how far you have to go.

Happy birthday, user! Get yourself something good to eat, watch a movie, or fap to something new. Might not be exciting, but it's something to do.

>I chatted with several people.
What sort of people did you meet there?

Magic the gathering types...
Nerdy guys. Chat to a friendly Polish 30 year old. Worked for Amazon. 19 year old american studying. You know what mtg is. I mean what sort of people do you expect to be there?

Since most of the MtG shops are located in or near central London, I was expecting hipster types mixed in with nerds.

But I guess dublin is a different city so I don't know if it's comparable.

Already posted this in another thread, but here we go.

>go to community college right after high school
>stay there for 3 years
>switch majors 3 times
>transfer to 4 year school
>fail/drop a shit ton of classes
>eventually drop out of year school
>go back to CC to retake a few classes
>first semester was good
>second semester is shit
>failing classes
>parents want me to go back to 4 year school and finish my finance degree
>hate my major
>hate my classes
>just can't seem to focus and get my shit together

Been in school for almost 6 years now and I'm fucking depressed. I do want to get a degree so I can get a better job, but holy fuck I can't even pass simple intro classes. I just feel like school isn't for me. I feel like I will be stuck working this shit job for the rest of my life. I'm getting too old for this shit. I just don't know what I want to do in life. I feel like whenever I get into something, I just lose interest in it . I thought about leave my current job and just get a simple desk job, but since I've never had a real job, I'm worried that I will do poorly in it and get fired.

Attached: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (214x200, 15K)

Not really. At 26 I'm completely different than at 25.

Bro, I had a friend tell me that some Stacy in his class asked "where do we plug in the stethoscope"?

I have been to several mtg pre-releases in London too. I just checked. The place I did it doesnt run anymore. Used to be in a Hotel in Holborn.
There is literally an event this weekend in Stratford. Which is not central. It will be fine mate. Go to it.
locator.wizards.com/#brand=magic&a=location&c=51.483272621181676,-0.08628971410894692&et=PR&massmarket=no&loc=377706&orgid=36937&addrid=377706

I was thinking of the West Ham one.

This might be true IF you've just spent the previous 5 years doing fuck all but changing from something to something else is fairly typical. Plenty of people pick a serious career, study hard, get the food paying job then realize they hate it and have to switch.

That's the one I was talking about lad.
Go for it. Wish I could go but I have to work :(
Why would your "friend" show you up?

I think i remember seeing an user with a similar story, probably you, where the thing that was grating was that you didn't get that if you burn a healthy professional relationship with a therapist to the point that they cut contact, it's moronic to try and repair things. If you've driven them to that point they cannot help you. Even if they wanted to, you fucked up the proffesional dynamic. So complaining that they don't want to see you is utterly pointless.

He won't be doing it intentionally.
He has charisma and knows how to talk to people and people naturally gravitate towards him.

Also he's a fanny magnet, which annoys me.