ATTENTION ALL NIGGAS WHO PLAY THE PIANO:

ATTENTION ALL NIGGAS WHO PLAY THE PIANO:

How do I learn?

Attached: ffdfdfdffdf.png (710x750, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce8p0VcTbuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you buy a piano silly
go sell an organ or two

>buy piano
>push keys

mozart

Buy keyboard or midi controller with a decent number of keys, get Synthesia, ggwp.
All the elitists talking about how you need an actual piano or expensive ass keyboards or midi's are degenerated.

get a weighted keys digital piano or an actual piano. take lessons, or just learn how to read sheet music online

you need a piano to play the piano

you can download piano simulators if you search up 'piano simulators' on www.google.com :D

I was self taught. I can't even properly read sheet music without fucking straining my dopey brain. If I were you I'd...

1. Get a fucking piano
2. Learn the basics of rhythm. This means time signatures, note values, and subdivisions.
3. Learn the notes in an octave, wholesteps/halfsteps
4. Learn about scales.

Then from there it's all about learning songs, music theory, and what ever specific shit you wanna learn.

Yes. You don't need a piano however to learn how to play the piano.
He probably got this drive to learn it now but you never know.
Buy a midi keyboard with weighted keys (you can actually use it for production too) and if the inner elitist kicks, sure, go full on.

youtube
orgin

buy a cheap electric piano and learn how to play basic shit like happy birthday, saints go marching in etc etc. Make sure you learn wear all keys C-B including the sharps. When you get decent look up some easy anime piano sheets or jewtube tutorials and develop yourself

Attached: 38e.jpg (659x525, 38K)

I've played for about 8 years, now, let me give you my advice.
1. LEARN HOW TO READ SHEET MUSIC
yea, it's hard. yea it will take time. Yes you'll be playing little kid songs and scales for 2 years. I can't tell you how many faggots I hear that want to just use youtube tutorials, or "I'll just play by ear" or any of that shit. Learn how to read it, if you're serious it makes a difference
2. Take a break every now and then
Don't burn yourself out practicing an hour a day at the start and getting frustrated
3. get a piano with weighted keys
if you are serious, get something nice that will help you learn how a real piano feels. Even if it's electronic, get weighted keys.
4. Have fun
I know this sounds like meme advice, but honestly, if you're just starting out, and you're not enjoying it, it's probably not right for you.

best advice in the thread so far. piano is amazingly fun to play but starting out blows ass because its just such a difficult instrument. don't fall for the synthesia meme, it's an instrument not a rhythm game. learn how to play properly and be patient, it doesnt come easy.

Attached: oni.png (1476x829, 971K)

>synthesia
Dear God, my feels towards this are complex, but mostly negative. Now that I'm playing advanced stuff it can be nice to see a synthesia tutorial on pop culture songs or whatever so I can dick around with it, but it's created an entire generation of aspiring players that think they don't have to learn music or rhythm or actual notes, they just want to follow their favorite synthesia tutorials to learn undertale songs or whatever.

I wonder how much of this OP actually saw?

I've played for 16 years now I think. I agree with
this guy. You should figure out what your initial goals are with the instrument, and then you can work out how much work you'll need.

If you saw some classical virtuosic shit and thought "ah that'd be tight", expect your stereotypical 1-2+ hours a day hard practice, and probably a (good) private tutor. Uhh, and yeah, you're gonna have to read the music.

On the other hand if you want to play synth in a rock band with your friends, you can probably get away with the meme youtube tutorials route.

I can't recommend enough that you try to obtain a real physical piano. Even if it's a little shitty, the physical hammer and string mechanism have a far greater range of sonority than your nicest weighted keyboard.

Concrete stuff: I'm sure you have some songs in mind to learn for starting. By all means, if they're easy, go for it. Learn one hand at a time, and when you learn a piece, try to play through it slowly at first, and focus on/practice weak parts again and again to your satisfaction. Always attend to and obey the score unless you have artistic justification to deviate from it. Listen to your own sound carefully.**** This is very important for beginners to remember.

part 2?

At the same time, learn all the scales and arpeggios in all keys, both hands, up and down. Memorize the correct fingerings and stick to them; they're "correct" because they're the easiest once you master them. When you play your scales and arpeggios, don't let them be boring. Sometimes play them fast, sometimes slow. Play them stacatto sometimes, and sometimes play them as legato as possible. Sometimes softly, sometimes loudly, and sometimes try to shape them/phrase them. Use them as an opportunity to learn and develop your tone color as well, and they won't be boring.

Don't just study your music, study the composers who wrote it and the history behind it. Study the musical movements of the time. Try to really get a deep understanding of the music you play. Playing music with other people is immensely satisfying, btw.

This is good to get you started. Again, to really master an instrument you need formal lessons unless you're a legit prodigy. I hope you have fun and get a lot of joy out of the piano, like I have. However, the most you'll get is what you put in.

1) parents bought me a large $200 casio keyboard
2) I bought Piano for Dummies with my own money

I was 8 or 9 at the time, this one single book unironically got me to level 3 or 4 equivalent within a year when my parents saw my progress and had enough money for piano lessons. The book taught me how to read notes

I was extremely highly motivated, probably more motivated than at anything else I'd been in my life. Would walk 1.5 hours by myself through fairly dangerous city to the library to get sheet music

Attached: 5115JvEegqL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x326, 25K)

I have a piano and have tried teaching myself a bit using the piano's functionalities
but i just can't seem to play with two hands at once

how am i supposed to get this down? do i need a teacher?

how long have you been trying? when you're a beginner you'll need to practice both hands in a song separately for a while before you can play with both at once. make sure you're very comfortable playing both hands on their own, and try slowing down and focusing on your non-dominant hand when you combine them.

Attached: please keep that in mind.png (1470x828, 1.31M)

Anyone here play trumpet? How do I become better? Is it just drilling scales and exercises?

How is it hard? If you have been gaming for years on pc then the shit should be easy

If you are a robot then avoid teachers. Go online and download/print beginner packets

The hardest part of piano is teaching your hands to be able to do two different things at the same time.

>how long have you been trying? when you're a beginner you'll need to practice both hands in a song separately for a while before you can play with both at once. make sure you're very comfortable playing both hands on their own, and try slowing down and focusing on your non-dominant hand when you combine them.
honestly i spent a lot of time creating bad habits before i really seriously tried to learn, then i tried for about a week recently to learn then gave up

I think i can learn if i just keep practicing, just dont have the time right now
good advice though

well you read books, watch videos, and just fool around for a while and eventually you'll get somewhere

Synthesia tutorials have been invaluable to me. I've played piano for years, and am considered to be pretty good; Although I can't read notes.
If you want an in-depth understanding of music, then good old fashion note reading is what you want to do. If you'd like to be able to pluck out a few tunes on command, then Synthesia tutorials are what you're looking for. You'll find em' on Youtube.
Good luck!

Attached: Synthesia tutorials.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

This, it's multitasking on another level.

>Free app
>"Just buy the full access for 7.99 goy"

Errr no thanks. Unless there is a way to get this for free

Attached: 1478982659159.jpg (600x418, 27K)

My method is to learn right hand by itself first, then left hand by itself. Then I slowly combine them gradually increasing speed till I'm at the correct tempo with marginal errors.

1. learn the names of the keys (c, c#, d)
2. look up synthesia videos and try to identify the melody
3. try to play that shit with the right hand
4. make up and play nice chords with the left hand

get a full 88 key weighted keyboard. Make sure the keys are weighted. Its the closet feeling to an actual grand piano and the goal is to one day play on a grand. Synthesia is a good program to learn difficult songs quickly but you should also make a point to learn theory and how to read music. Dont neglect form, technique, proper fingering etc. Take lessons.
T. Self taught for a year now, just finished learning arabesque no 1 by Debussy and now working on Chopins ballad in g minoryoutube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce8p0VcTbuA

Attached: blade runn.jpg (968x766, 371K)

If that retarded chink can learn you probably can

its worth it faggot

Was that a fucking pun

Nice one son

Attached: 1460109559859s.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Buy a reputable book for beginners
Accept that progress takes a lot of time and effort

Tips from a piano fag
>buy a real piano if you can, feel is everything
>take lessons, protip, colleges normally offer affordable classes taught by music students

I did the learn on my own thing for a bit but didn't really get good until I started taking lessons from music students and realized how much I didn't fucking know. To this day those kids still amaze me. Piano is very much effort in > progress out, more than anything else I've learned in my life.

Attached: 30c244489ff3f3ad9c5ec8a835fe9663.jpg (302x450, 28K)

is it a requirement to look like such a massive chode when you play?