FOOD

In America you can get a cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches as buns, 2 tacos, straight fries and seasoned curly fries and a soda all for 6 bucks. We call this a "Wild Pete" here in California.

What kind of food deals do you have in your country? What are you eating right now? General food thread.

Attached: Screenshot_20180418-211735.jpg (720x1280, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jackinthebox.com/food/late-night/stacked-grilled-cheese-burger-munchie-meal
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33640708/
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33597943/
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33557907/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where in California exactly, i'm from SoCal and I've never heard that phrase

It says jack in the box on the picture

I live in SoCal as well an I have never heard of this thing

Oh, my bad I didn't expand the image so I couldn't see it

Referring to OP in case anyone is confused

10 nuggies at burger king for $3 cad

Attached: 1374947.png (1027x731, 28K)

this is some serious /reddit/ shit right here, holy shit.

you stupid fucking new fag. reported and hidden.

Lmao they live in California and have never had a Wild Pete before

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 40K)

This used to be like $1.69 for 10 nuggets for their special. They changed it back to 3 dollars recently though. Their 4 dollar box deal was the best when it was still around too

What is it goddammit!

Attached: 03347C92-A026-4256-B986-5C3776A800A1.gif (400x280, 1.95M)

oh my god not this shit again

Whats wrong you don't like a nice
Wild Pete, Hot Carlos, and Honest Todd?

tell me what was the honest todd again?
i remember that one making me mad for some reason

That sounds absolutely ridiculous.
I want one.

They're called munchie meals and you get them at jack in the box you fucking retards

I have never heard of these fucking things before and I eat at jacks pretty often

probably a "secret menu" item

Thats super gay
Originally

No wonder you're all fat, fast food is expensive as shit in my shithole.

They serve them after 9pm for 6 bucks and like 8 bucks during they day

In Colorado we call that a Flamin' Joe.

i'm kinda happy they changed the price because I used to buy 40+ nuggies at a time

In Arizona we call that the flamin' Carrito

>They're called munchie meals and you get them at

Stop making things up.

Just ask for a Wild Pete next time you're there. It's not that well known about.

they're called munchie meals you fucking autists, they're only served after 9pm

I thought reposts weren't allowed on this subreddit? I've sern this exact thread several times now.

Are you guys actually fucking retarded?
jackinthebox.com/food/late-night/stacked-grilled-cheese-burger-munchie-meal

Nobody here calls it a munchie meal in Texas.

likely some dump shit op created himself. Never heard of it either.

i call bs. I've been to jack in the boxes in different areas from the ghetto to expensive places. No way in hell you got that much for 6 bucks

You have to ask for a Wild Pete to get it.

Not sure if it counts as a deal but I fucking love sausage rolls and other pastries we have here in England. Cornish Pasty and Steak and ale pie are heavenly too.

Attached: Sausage-Roll.jpg (2163x1444, 631K)

Be my gf. Also its a deal depending on how much it costs. That sounds disgisting btw. But it might taste good.

Its literally flaky greasy delicious pastry with sausage meat on the inside. Only a Muslim would dislike it.

Wtf!? If I lived where you do I'd be so fat!

You have to get after 9 pm. The only time when it hasn't worked is when the store I went by decided to close the grill early for some reason.

In Arkansas we dont have jack in the box. if you want a "Country Wild Pete" which isa Wild Pete with a couple of salsa packets you can get one at any waffle house. just grab the "secret menu" with the 5 dollar deals on it and ask for it

I usually get 5 taco's and 2 large soda's for $9

Wow only dollars, the south has all the good deals.

these are alright but they give me bad heartburn.

Attached: bicks-sweet-mustard-pickles-500ml-grolivery.jpg (458x458, 32K)

That sounds like a rip off. You can get 2 liters of soda for $1 at the store ot get non mainstream sodas with all sorts of flavors for thw same price. For 4 tacos here its usually around 4 or 5 dollars. Whats the place you go to? One place ive veen gives huge tacos though so they're mlre expenaive.

Please don't use apostrophes to separate the plural s.
I'm not trying to shit on you it just really bugs me.

I go to mcdicks since I can get s mcchicken a cheeseburger and nuggets for 3$

Don't know what the fuck that is either lol
Lived in California all my life as well

This is a honest todd.
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33640708/
Personally I prefer a Speedy Freddy instead.
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33597943/

Attached: Screenshot_20180418-235213.jpg (720x1280, 265K)

Been working on perfecting my stir fry's, and writing down recipes.

Attached: Pork Yakiudon 3.jpg (2016x1512, 393K)

Pls tell me what sauce to put in rice to make it taste good. I made brown rice and mixed it with frozen vegetables and put oyster sauce in and it was almost unpalatable.

>chips
Like fucking Doritos or actual chips like britbongs have

>replying to risottoautist
Y tho

Attached: image.png (263x322, 16K)

First off, forget brown rice.
Oyster sauce is good, but you need a good brand to for it not to taste too fishy.
Soy Sauce is the trick. I recommend avoiding kikkoman, or la choy. Buy weeb shit or the closest you can find.

Attached: Spicy Beef and Shiitake Fried Rice 2.jpg (2016x1512, 498K)

I'm a stir fry autist now.

Attached: GOLDEN KAMUY BEEF NOODLE EGG RUN.jpg (2016x1512, 488K)

Your kind makes me sick.

Eurgh. At least you're still practicing, I suppose. That egg just doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's the lighting?

Is there a specific time you are supposed to mix it in? I put it in after it was all done and I thought it turned out bad.

Made my best version of Yakisoba so far. Going to need to define it more as it was slightly spicy but not spicy enough to be a spicy yakisoba.
the egg is fine. very gooey.
well you're supposed to be stir frying the rice. especially if you're going to use oyster sauce. putting that shit in as a condiment isn't going to work

Attached: Beef Yakiudon.jpg (2016x1512, 426K)

Made my best version of Yakisoba so far. Going to need to define it more as it was slightly spicy but not spicy enough to be a spicy yakisoba.

FUCKED UP THE PREVIOUS POST.
Here it is.

Attached: Pork Yakisoba Plain 1.jpg (2016x1512, 468K)

And yes i did add Kewpie Mayonnaise to it. It fucking works.
thats how it's done in japan and a lil bit of it is delicious.

Attached: Pork Yakisoba Tryhard fixins.jpg (2016x1512, 548K)

I want to hate you more than I already do because you insist on only cooking Ching Chong food, you are very persistent and these are actually new pics. Keep cooking user

I see. I'll have to learn to stir fry. I don't know how to cook on a basic level and it took many attempts to finally make rice that wasn't ruined.

Stir fry doesnt have mushrooms in it you autist. You're going back to your mushroom risssotto ways. Peas, carrots, onion, chinese sausage, those are good foe stir fry rice. For stir fey noodles maybe you can get away with mushrooms but cabbage would be better

Reminds me of the stuff my Japanese stepdad used to make.

its funny what burgers consider to be food. eating trash beacause muhh taste.

This is the first plating of yours ive been impressed with. Congrats.

What do you eat faggot? Besides cock and men's assholes that is

>you insist on only cooking Ching Chong food
well you know im trying to perfect a recipe. which is why im doing the same dish over and over.
i already know what menu i'd want if I had a restaurant and it would almost be considered a fast food, cook to order place with a ton of stir fried quick japanese items.
>Stir fry doesnt have mushrooms in it you autist.
Rule number one of the stir fry is you can put nearly anything in it and it will work. There's no reason why shiitake mushrooms wouldn't work in a fried rice.
I really dont fuck with peas in carrots in fried rice. Only on occasions i will. Only onions, egg, and meat is necessary for a godlike fried rice.
This is one of my favorites, and the best i've ever made
BACON &GARLIC FRIED RICE
>Green Onions
>Egg
>Crushed Garlic
>Bacon
>lil bit of chili oil
>stir fried in the fat from the bacon
and the secret ingredient a lil bit of garlic butter at the end.

Attached: Bacon and Garlic Fried Rice YOLK BREAK.jpg (2016x1512, 454K)

>he gets bullied 24/7 on /ck/ so he sticks to Jow Forums
Fufufu

>Not going for a based "Hot Dave" instead

desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/33557907/

It's probably one of the easiest presentations i've ever done.
the mayo bottle is designed to squirt in lines.
Untrue, this is the first Jow Forums thread i've seen in a while regarding food so i thought i'd share my stuff.

Amerifags don't even know about the best cheap meal.

Attached: MeatPie.jpg (600x450, 250K)

im a euro fag and just woke up so, so far i've only eaten tuna and corn with some lemon juice dripped over it. sounds like fuckin' death but it's actually pretty good

surprised this isn't well loved in america. I'm surprised sausage rolls aren't more popular either.
they both fit the american palate to a tee.

>Rule number one of the stir fry is you can put nearly anything in it and it will work. There's no reason why shiitake mushrooms

I bet chinks went to war over this. No way am I putting mushrooms in my fried rice and you should be stopped from doing so. Peas carrots and egg are the classic fried rice combination.

>muh Japanese fast food
You really are the chef of Jow Forums. But, you stick to your fucking guns near as much as the king of all autists, senor Neptune, and for that I unironically respect you.

>peas, carrots and egg
>refuses to add shiitake mushrooms to his fried rice
thats just your own autistic fixation on things being the same as you're used to seeing them. Inability to accept basic change in the most mundane aspects of life is hardcore autism.

I've tried a lot of things in fried rice, and peas and carrots aren't the only one's that work. I've put pickled mustard leaves(Takana) in fried rice. I've put basil. I've put jalapenos.
So many options work in a stir fry.
I just want a comfy and affordable restaurant, that serves very good Japanese comfort food very quickly.
It's such a simple and safe menu, almost all of the items play off eachother. Almost all the ingredients can be incorporated in one dish to another.
I don't want a fancy ass restaurant that serves risotto and collapses in a year because of the high prices and complex italian menu. I want something simple and delicious. Something fool-proof.

Attached: Takana Fried Rice with Pork Belly 3.jpg (2016x1512, 481K)

>almost all the ingredient can be incorporated into one dish or another

this is a shit argument, but I am quite literally splitting hairs here: Taco Bell does this, cycles the same seven things into 24 dishes. So do many fast food places. The idea itself isn't innovative but it's a way better business model than all the fuckbags deep frying kale to sell off food trucks in my fucking state

also im a culinary student now.
All because you faggots bullied me which pursued me to cook even more, the more i cooked the better i got at it. the better my presentation became.
And the final straw was Chef Fish a completely incompetent chef who i corrected several time on dumb shit he says. If that idiot can work in a kitchen. I can as well.
>pic related one of the first risottos i've ever made
>poor plating
>poor consistency
>poor lighting
The only thing good about it was flavor, but I continued working at it.

Attached: 18623678_1340082899409905_2366299464436584538_o.jpg (1440x810, 101K)

Experimenting is one thing, making a bad fried rice consisently is an other. I've had fried rice with mushrooms before and it wasn't as good as a well made normal fried rice.

>be ameriburgerclapperfat
>want to get quick drive thru breakfast
>only options are various types of McMuffins
I cant cook, I hate eating just cereal or oatmeal every morning, and the coffee at all those places is trash
I hate my area

Attached: E11FBE18-4A6C-4328-904F-5DFBDE01F509.jpg (894x719, 134K)

I never claimed it was innovative. In fact i'm not trying to be innovative at all. except in a few minor ways I'd allow customers to eat the food i'd serve.
There would be a self serve bar for japanesed pickled shit, like pickled ginger, pickled cucumber, takana etc
There would be a self serve bar for specific sauces like kewpie mayo, mayu, and tonkatsu sauce, etc.

Fried rice and stir fried noodles would come in several styles. There would be specials like Curry, udon, or ramen once a week.
Shiitake mushrooms work in fried rice. You having an a negative experience with it once doesn't change that.
Mushrooms give a level of savoriness to a fried rice.
However my ideal menu would allow you to customize what you want in your fried rice. So you can keep it as simple as onion, eggs, and meat. and go as far as peas, carrots, onions, shiitake, takana, green onions, mitsuba parsley, peppers.

>Not going to fucking mexican places and ordering breakfast burritos
>Settling for shitty egg mcmuffins
YOU FUCKIN UP

Surely you have a sonic or Taco Bell, yes?
They do breakfast.

Mushrooms are god tier I will give you that. My girlfriend won't eat any sort of mushroom. Stupid bitch...I always wanna add it to my homemade ramen (easy use of leftover stock) and she gets her taint in a knot. Good on you liking shrooms

there's only a few things i dislike
>bean sprouts
I've had bad experiences with people putting a shit ton of them in stir frys. It just gives it the slimiest texture.
If you want that crunch you're better off just cutting up the bottom of a scallion and throwing it in raw.
>baby corn
bad texture, stupid looking, throwaways
>broccoli in stir fries
never works as well as bok choy
>Hominy
disgusting taste and texture
>Excessively creamy or cheesy things
fried wontons stuffed with cream cheese
horrible ta

>breakfast burrito
Those are all like 1000 calories thats almost all I eat in a day I wish they had smaller ones
Taco Bell aint food

one from roberto's taco shop is like 750 cal. you should really be eating more than 1500 cal if you're not trying to diet.

>Taco Bell aint food
I won't deny that, but you lack cooking skills, so filler is your only breakfast option.

>Shiitake mushrooms work in fried rice.
They over power the dish. Mushrooms worl good in rissoto where you want a heavy depth and creaminess but fried rice is more abbout tasting the vegetables, rice, and seasonings all in one. Mushrooms mask those other flavors while something like a chinese sausage would compliment it

>ordering a munchie meal during the day time instead of waiting for late night hours (9pm-12am)

Dining room is closed at 9pm. You got that munchie meal for 8 dollars.

>Robertos taco shack
I dont think they have that around where I am
I try to eat around 1500 cal but Im really lightweight so Id have to overeat and that puts me into a coma
I know I just like complaining

i dont think stir fried mushrooms have a taste that intense desu. I'm planning on making a mushroom sauce with soy sauce or something, and then adding that to a stir fry, that legit could overpower a dish.

my fried rice has a very intense flavor as it is. it's not going to overpower anything maybe for a very light grain fried rice with lil soy sauce.
I love chinese sausages in fried rice, but they're not something i'll typically buy.
I typically buy pork, or beef, or bacon. a fried rice centered around shiitake, bacon, egg, and garlic sounds pretty nice.

I have a palate like a brick tho and my food reflects that, i like really strong and savory flavors. My fried rice hits your palate like stews would. It has that savoriness and richness, which is the reason i think it will sell.
Light soy boys should be consuming 2000-2200 cal. you're eating like you're on a diet you know that right? Unless you're a female, i dont understand why.

What the fuck? Is that a jar of mustard with pickles and onions inside?

>unless youre a female
I probably wouldve made more sense if I mentioned that, my bad

>Onion rings
>Not from the varsity
Pathetic.

makes a lot of sense. but honestly breakfast burritos are probably the best choice for a breakfast through a drive thru.
I wish more places did regular bacon english muffins like this.

Attached: bacon english.jpg (2016x1512, 372K)

How much do you weigh? I'm female and I'm a skelly, I can throw out 2k on a meal easy and have no problem, but I go to the gym regularly so

>mfw some cali fags have never eaten the delicious wild pete

Attached: maxresdefault_01.jpg (1272x635, 125K)

110lbs but I dont exercise at all, thats probably why

sacre bleu, what kind of a humain would eat those rubbish

Attached: 0004.jpg (960x799, 121K)

Here in Sydney Australia you can get a halal snack pack, usually abbreviated to HSP.
A layer of chips
Cheese
A layer of kebab meat (chicken, beef or mixed)
And sauce, typically some combination of chilli, garlic and BBQ, pic related.

Attached: Halal_Snack_Packs.jpg (960x960, 135K)