Ask a correctional officer anything

I'm a CO at a minimum security state facility. It's alright.

Attached: COPEPE.jpg (400x400, 38K)

you ever had your shit pushed in bro

Are you friends with any of the inmates?

most dangerous thing you've witnessed?

ever had poop thrown at you?

how much do you guys like to mess with prisoners?

Where do you work at? My dad is a co in idaho

How stupid are inmates? I always imagine as being just barely human.

One thing I'd say is interesting is that a lot of the inmates you run across are basically robots that have chosen/been conditioned to use aggression and scheming as problem solving tactics rather than avoidance. A large number of them clearly have high functioning autist tendencies.

Does prison rape happen frequently or is it more of a myth?

Nah.
No. You can be civil with inmates, but not a friend. 99% of the time if an inmate is trying to be friendly with you, it's because they're trying to manipulate you.
Shanking. It's pretty rare in minimum security, but it happens and finding shanks isn't uncommon.
Yes.
Usually we don't unless it's someone who has it coming.
I don't feel like saying where I'm at.
Mixed bag. A good number of them are a combination of dumb in terms of learned knowledge but very effective manipulators/socially intelligent.

Have you ever done something to help one of the prisoners get back on their feet? Have you ever even met a convict that you thought was okay?

do new guys ever start bawling in the middle of the night like in shawshank redemption?

Not so much at minimum security facilities, but it happens more in medium and max. The thing you've got to understand is that for people who just want sex there are plenty of gay inmates/sissies who are happy to take one in the bum. So when prison rape happens, it's usually a dominance/power thing. But most guys in minimum are on short sentences for non-violent crimes -- not the sort of person that wants to teach someone who is boss by ass raping them.

Why have you settled for mediocrity and does bullying prisoners make you feel better about yourself?

You're not supposed to get too involved/invested with inmates. A lot of these guys are master level manipulators and are looking to get you to do them favors or give them information they can use. It's safer to just be professional with them. The other thing is you don't want to be perceived as having a favorite inmate/treating someone better than others because that can cause the inmate to get singled out/resented by other inmates. That said, I try to be fair/respectable to everyone. I meet a lot of inmates that are in there for dumb shit that went too far -- "could of happened to you" cases that you feel bad about. I try to remind myself that I'm not a judge and it isn't my role to question whether or not they deserved their sentence.
Yes.

How did fighting for Israel work out for you?

wtf did you do when an inmate throw his shit at you? I would have killed him

Because I'm honestly kind of a mediocre person. I'm not particularly bright, and CO work is a steady paycheck with a pension at the end of the tunnel. I don't really feel "superior" to prisoners.

Have you ever met or known of an inmate you would swear is innocent?

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm a corrections officer, not a soldier.
You give the inmate a SHOT (kind of like an infraction), they get charged with assault, and they get thrown in seg. Nobody says anything if you're "not friendly" in how you restrain them to take them out of the cell. The kind of people that throw shit at a guard are the kind of people that resist, and a certain amount of force is appropriate to use against a resisting inmate to secure compliance.

No. I meet inmates who I don't think should be in prison for what they've been charged with, but I don't second guess whether or not they're guilty.

hooooly fuck he thinks he'll retire from a job like this. No wonder he joined the service, the dumb fuck.

Without saying exactly how much I get paid, most COs in my state will end up making >$50K. I've got no family to support and don't expect I'll have any difficulty retiring on my investment income + pension.

are you interested in art? what about music what kind do you listen to? do you read books if so what? im curious for reasons..

You are going to not handle it anymore and leave.

What's your crypto portfolio look like? Ever come across any cyber criminals after consequences were never the same again?

CO sounds like a hard job. I almost got into probation since it sounded cool after talking with county. My friend did corrections for a few years and I don't think I'd be up for the task. When I worked psych it was easy enough, give them a literal shot and throw them in seclusion, if they keep acting up send them to the ward for bad crazy people or dump them on the sheriff. Can't really do either of those in jail.

Hey OP my moms boyfriend is a correctional too. Bout 30 years in he's a sergeant he hates his job but he is rich as shit. You'll have a good future mate. Stick it out. The nigga buys fucking cars on a whim

What is the most common type of crime the inmates committed. Any inmates wrongfully committed and later released?

I don't care much for art. Musically I like a lot of dad rock but also some newer stuff. I read a lot when I was younger, not so much anymore.
It's been pretty easy to handle so far. Certainly beats the shit out of my old McJob.
I don't have a crypto portfolio. Cyber criminals aren't so common in state joints. I honestly don't think the job is that bad. In minimum security the inmates are usually on short time for non-violent crimes and just want to hurry up and get out of there. They aren't looking to add years to their sentences by shanking guards and so forth.

Where I'm at? Lots of drug crimes and burglary. You hear about inmates being wrongfully convicted and exonerated down the road by new evidence, but I've never seen it happen.

>non-violent crimes
Like not paying child's support?

You usually don't go to prison for not paying child support. Jail yes, prison no. I see a lot of drug crimes, burglary, repeat DUIs.

Looking at lots of dicks and assholes is alright? Why did you choose the job? Do you like being surrounded by misery all day?

>Looking at lots of dicks and assholes is alright?
It's like a day on Jow Forums but with smells.
>Why did you choose the job?
I had a friend that was a CO. Steady paycheck.
>Do you like being surrounded by misery all day?
I was surrounded by misery all day anyway. If anything I'm slightly less miserable now.