Should I invest 100% of my life and free time into creating a webcomic or a video game?

Should I invest 100% of my life and free time into creating a webcomic or a video game?

Attached: bartender.jpg (1080x1527, 144K)

Depends, are you any good at it?

Are you good at drawing, stories and programming games?

>drawing
I'm at that level where all of my friends consider me 'the friend that is good at drawing' but when compared to actual artists I'm shit.

>stories
I think so

>programming
Only been learning for a year or so

5 or 10+ years of spending all of my free time working on whichever one I decide to work on will probably result in me at least being not shit at whatever I'm doing, I'm not concerned about my current skill level

Keep in mind that gamedesing is more than just programming, unless you want to make a shitty assetflip

That's what I want to do is make a low skill level game because nothing else in life seems to fulfill me

I'm aware, just like a webcomic is more than just drawing. You need to be proficient in a large variety of skills to make a successful anything really

What kind of game do you want to make OP?

I guess creating a new secure opensource microprocessor would give better results.

>inb4 there's already Risc-V out there
then go for a secure operating system

>inb4 there's already QubesOS out there
ho ho ho the joke's on you, it only works on x86, and x86 is fatally broken since 1990's spectre meltdown management-engine hurrdurr, cia-nsa-fbi knew since day one

Attached: IMG_20180415_172732.jpg (1920x2560, 1.36M)

Go for it. Especially if you have nothing else to lose. If you want a place to talk about it, just give me time.

who's this cutie
originalPOSTR

I have dozens of ideas, and a bunch I think are realistically achievable (small scale, simple graphics, etc. not mmos or skyrim + x or whatever most people seem to want to do)

I'm probably not going to commit to any particular idea until I've done more practice projects and find one that I feel is the most doable for me. This is assuming I don't go all in on a webcomic instead

one of the usual attentioncraving gurrls on the West Coast

Attached: IMG_20180415_164332_973.jpg (1920x2560, 864K)

>girl
oh nevermind

I admit I love short-haired girls, yet I can't help but be a little wary

what are you doing outside /lgbt/ ?

Attached: IMG_20180415_171115.jpg (2560x1920, 1.19M)

Yes. Because instead of being a cuck worker you'll at least produce value

i can be wherever i want, you bigot fuck

the webcomic market was oversaturated back in 2009

The question is not should I do it, it's which one should I do

As if that means where ever you are will accept you with open arms, nigger

better bigot than gay

Attached: IMG_20180415_180052.jpg (1920x2560, 810K)

fuck you! fuck hate!

Everyone needs hate in their lives. Accept my hate!

get the FUCK away from me! right NOW!

this.

let's assume OP only does because he's passionate about it.
then one day, if everything goes OK, in some public interview he will have to admit that YES, an anonymous faggot and a number of other r9k robots told him "if you've got a bit of talent then go on" -- that is, Jow Forums will get most of the merit

Attached: IMG_20180415_184323.jpg (1920x2560, 1021K)

Post drawing man! I always like seeing other peoples stuff on here

A webcomic can be started right away and the look of it doesn't really matter if the story is good.
>uno punch guy
I'll always be here to give you some hate. You can't hide from it.

there are two absolutely required ingredients for a decent webcomic:

- well characterized (that's something different by "well drawn")
- smart comedy (that's something different by "nice scripts")

Attached: (You).jpg (584x528, 42K)

that seems essential for a comic, yeah. still wanna see your art tho, doesn't have to be a masterwork