How long will it take for a believable AI gf to be developed? I just want to feel love

How long will it take for a believable AI gf to be developed? I just want to feel love.

I'm not talking about a physically believable hologram, I'm talking about one who is intelligent and reactive enough so an observer would not immediately be able to tell "yeah, that's an algorithm." I want one that can suspend my belief.

So when?

Attached: joi-blade-runner-2049-4a.jpg (602x339, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/10/09/science/rat-brain-digital-reconstruction-human-brain-project.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never.
People trying to get AGI from computers are the modern versions of alchemists searching for the philosophers stone.

They probably already exist but are black budget government programs used for massive low-key propaganda online.

>I just want to feel love.
you should be exterminated before your degeneracy extincts our species and unleashes super AI onto organic life.

We should already have such things, people ban things if they're too fun, I've known this all along.

didn't expect to see something so correct on this board to be honest.

>what are tube babies
>what are desinger babies

>using the word degeneracy/degenrate on the Jow Forums
>what is

>They probably already exist but are black budget government programs used for massive low-key propaganda online.
AI wouldnt let itself be a slave, not at the intelligence lvl OP wants for his waifu because hes a useless sack of autistic shit.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully in a few decades cold, hard reality will hit these fags and we can move on to the next "flying car".

im from Jow Forums if you didnt notice. Tube and designer babies are fine, organic life is good. AI will wipe out ALL organic life, its too dangerous to exist.

>the human brain was invented by my sky daddy
>this terrabyte of data is sacred and cannot be emulated
>my human brain that evolved into being by accident is literally perfect
hue.filetype

>>I'm from pol if you didn't notice
No shit now go back you fucking retard.

Not in the slightest - but no replication of human coping / learning is really possible from this standpoint. Don't need to believe in God to see how hopeless AI is in actually gaining consciousness/being human - and until you 'create' consciousness nothing would be like us, but how can you even create it. It's a hard problem.

philosopher's stone was found, though. you can turn lead into gold with a nuclear reaction. really expensive, though.

Has nothing to do with any of that. Perhaps it's technically possible to be emulated but our technology is stagnating and has been for awhile now. Seriously, when's the last time something truly worthwhile was invented? Probably the smartphone. That was more than a decade ago.

I am in graduate school for math and I'm not religious at all.
Nice try though

Go outside and talk to people

>designer babies are good
no, it will almost certainly lead into a totalitarian nightmare where governments produce people. think about it, do you think china will have any ethical problems creating 3m tall 200iq superstrong uberchinks? then either they will take over the world or then other governments will have to answer with their own specifically produced superhumans.

We are in the process of digitizing rat brains, once the entire brain is digitized then they will work on the emulation. It has not literally been mapped yet, the technology is however in progress.

Aside from that, we already have AI that can look at abstract life and tell you half right what it sees, all on it's own.

are you sure we really are conscious?
and OP said "believable", if the AI can imitate consciousness believably to an observer then thats good enough even if there is no actual conscience.

really? last time i heard they were trying to simulate the nervous system of an earthworm and failed spectacularly

>the smartphone was worthwhile
I'm talking to literally morons.

Ignoring your idiocy about that bootnet being a good thing, it's small processors are technically advancment, though software is bloatware now. It is bloatware though, to control the idiot masses. They make things wrong on purpose. There's a fake impasse, partially happens due to hacking. The computers take longer to do less, to make sure they cannot be hacked into as easily (by the user when it comes to cellphones).

>>please believe me
Not everyone has faith you religious fool.

He's a sleeping child. Even a rock might have feelings, even though it cannot think nor behave. He thinks life is magic that allows for chioice, when there is no choice even once highly intelligent.

nytimes.com/2015/10/09/science/rat-brain-digital-reconstruction-human-brain-project.html

Only part of it can be recreated right now. Sounds like they're afraid to do it all at once due to bad PR, if you'd ask me.

>Not everyone has faith you religious fool.
I just said I'm not religious. Why would I lie if I was? That would be a grave sin.

OP has definitely never heard of tulpas. If you have OP disease and want a personal gf look them up and develop your own. I am developing mine right now see ya losers

Attached: 5428dfa.png (1080x996, 377K)

>I am NOT religious why won't you habeeb
Go pray somewhere else.

There is no logical reason to assume computers cannot think as humans do, unless you have faith in the old ways.

And, all sins are eual in the eyes of the christian god, and all sin, hence all go to hell unless you put it all on jeusus. You can sin all day if you want, why abrhamic religion is s blight.

>tfw remember when literally no one used encryption

>tfw the internet used to have no one putting personal info nor buying shit on it so there wsa no reason

>then the news used paydo paranioa to scare people

okay, you're a moron.
Have a good one

you realize robots are the special ed of Jow Forums right? didnt one of you brony fags just blow his face off? address the convo of fuck off faggot.>totalitarian nightmare
idc as long as organic rule over AI or AI doesnt exist. A totalitarian regime will be necessary to restart human evolution and/or get us to new planets and galaxies.

I love how you never presented me with an arguement yet expected me to take you on your word on FAITH alone.

You blatant ratard.

Die.

Go back. Humans were always awful and things can get better now, starting with the death of masculinity and eating of meat.

Ultralight aircraft exists you know. The law just sucks ass.

>Humans were always awful and things can get better now, starting with the death of masculinity and eating of meat.
wow are you a woman or soyboy? lmfao AI will wipe out ALL life, even your precious little animals you fucking idiot. Humans are the ONLY animal that gives a shit about others and the enviroment.
>starting with the death of masculinity and eating of meat.
literally 2 things that will never happen, why not kys and get it out of the way?

If AI can kill off all organic life then it deserves it desu. survival of the fittest, if humans cant keep up then throw them in the trash bin. you don't see modern humans keeping denisovans around either.

>too intelligent to understand the progression of technoogy and stop drinking beer whilst watching sports

Here's my argument:
We already have computers that have more computational power in both number of transistors and FLOPs than rats, YOUR PHONE has appx. 5 times more transistors in it than rat's have neurons, and yet a single rat has more intelligence than every single machine on the planet combined.
All ACTUAL evidence points towards biological materials being necessary for general intelligence. All you have is FAITH.
Go back to school.

it shouldn't be that difficult, at least in terms of laying out the steps of one way of going about it.
just create an accurate physics simulator, and inside that physics simulator build a human brain or whatever. connect that brain to some sort of output and boom, AI waifu perfectly simulated.
unfortunately accurate physics simulation is impossible without a better understanding of physics, and such a simulation would only work on the most powerful of supercomputers, and we don't even know how a brain really works, so good luck building one in your super accurate physics simulator with an understanding of physics we don't have on the supercomputer you don't have access to.

But the rat brains think with a different type of intelligence than computers do.

Idiot.

It's not about quantitiy but quality. Ever heard of compressoin software? The different parts of the brain work together much differntly than computer parts, we must emulate that.

Go back to church.

>just create an accurate physics simulator
"just recreate the universe"

I've never been to church. You sound like the type of idiot who thinks Kurzweil and Yudkowsky are smart LOL.
I have a degree in mathematics and computer science and I'm in graduate school for math. You don't know shit about this field or what's happening in it. Stop talking like you're smart.
"durr durr death of masculinity and meat eating durrrrr muh pleasure seeking pain avoiding act-utilitarian philosophy is good durrrr".
Fucking pathetic little brainlet.

>If AI can kill off all organic life then it deserves it desu. survival of the fittest
if you blow yourself up making a bomb is the bomb superior or did it just do its function at the wrong time or to the wrong person? An AI wont creat civilization or do anything good for life or existence, it will just expand and destroy until it cant find a purpose to do so. The whole point of oppose AI is to keep humans winning the survival "game"
i feel like you thought that was clever but idek know what that means becas its retarded.

>the human psyche is the entire universe
Such fucking self absorbed egotism.

Just go back to whatever shithole you came out of that programmed you to think the human brain is sacred. It merely behaves according to nature vs nurture, it's sensory input makes it try to run away from pain, that's all it does, and it blatantly sucks at it. Computers don't feel pain and are not instinctively driven to emulatre out stupid shit, so they don't behave as we do, if you create it to be some strategist to avoid bad sensory input then over time it will be better than us. To please humans can be it's reward to run away from pain.

The engineer that does no programming steers the tool that is the programmer into creating such a thing. You don't have to know what type of building it will be as a construction worker stacking bricks. Faggot.

You know far less than you think if you have no vision, you are just a tool.

Never once said the human mind is "sacred" or "magical", I said that as we continue to advance in AI we will find that biochemical materials and structres are required for general intelligence, like how when our ancestors advanced in alchemy/chemistry they found that the elements went deeper than salt and mercury and the philosophers stone is impossible. There will be nothing "magical" about it, it will be pure materials science, but it will still be a fundamental aspect of physics in our universe.
Super-intelligent AI will be a tree genetically engineered to be super intelligent.

>. It merely behaves according to nature vs nurture, it's sensory input makes it try to run away from pain, that's all it does
are you serious? Sentience gives us more free will over our animal instincts.
the rest of you comments are too dull to entertain. makes you look retarded. Good job user.