Got any Jow Forums approved movie recommendations...

Got any Jow Forums approved movie recommendations? Most of them seem to be about Chads and women feeling lonely due to being inexplicably gf/bf-less for more than two weeks.

Attached: pineapple express.jpg (853x480, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

burningbuilding.com/KELLY.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the very few that comes to mind is a french film called un homme qui dort (a man asleep) which I didn't really like that much. Give it a shot, user. You might like it.

True robot movie.

Attached: Taxi_driver_movieposter.jpg (1000x1505, 238K)

Death grips is pretty good. You
Should listen to it.

Essential robot movie. Nothing comes close. Unfortunately Travis is more of a robot than 90% of this board, which has been infested by normies pretending to be robots

Shit I thought you said song

Nightcrawler.
The main character is a sociopath.
Also is 100% worth watching.

Attached: nightcrawler.gif (500x206, 1.23M)

>inb4 20 BR2049 replies
Yeah, it's good and worth watching, but let's not hear it over and over.

Attached: GoodJoe.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

>Got any Jow Forums approved movie recommendations?
K-Pax: Story about a man who thinks he's an alien who ends up getting committed to a psych ward. He might really be an alien.

Wristcutters: A depressed loser an heroes only to discover that the afterlife is just a shittier version of the real world. Dark and funny.

Welcome to the Dollhouse: A moving portrait of a young fembot who awkwardly navigates junior high. This should be the official movie of Jow Forums. I always post it in "Guess the badly described movie" threads on /b/ and no one ever fucking gets it. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Happiness: By Todd Solondz, the same director who directed Welcome to the Dollhouse. A dark, hilarious movie about dysfunctional people unable to function as normies.

The Beach: Shitty adaptation of the novel by Alex Garland (read it if you want a book about a robot). The Beach is a very dark story despite taking place in a beautiful setting with a beautiful cast; Lord of the Flies meets Apocalypse Now. Leonardo DiCaprio was a bad choice to play the main character and narrator, Richard, who is supposed to be a British bot. Nonetheless, this is the story of a socially autistic sperglord who travels to Thailand and ends up living on a secret island commune. The novel did a better job of explaining how much of a robot the main character is.

Attached: the-beach-2000-cover.jpg (244x366, 15K)

Now that I read over my post, I somewhat regret leaving Fight Club off of this list. I mean, Ed Norton's narrator is definitely a robot (depressed loner and insomniac whose coworkers shun him) but Tyler Durden is a total Chad type so it's kind of debatable whether it's truly a robot movie. I also tend to assume most people have already seen it since it's so famous.

This is also requisite viewing.

Attached: Mr. Durden.jpg (332x480, 35K)

>Combat hardened infantry Marine
>robot

pick 1

You might enjoy The Lobster.

Attached: 798789.jpg (600x750, 117K)

Self isolation, social withdrawal, emotional disengagement, paranoia, and disdain for society are all quite common traits of combat vets.

Fight club. But you probably already knew that.

Attached: edward-norton-in-fight-club.jpg (480x240, 19K)

un homme qui dort is one of the comfier robot movies
I don't remember it well but it's basically about a dude who doesn't do anything except go see movies alone at night

you. aren't. supposed. to. talk. about. it.

The Zero Theorem.
not rigin

Robotic movies I've seen and probably not recommended often:

In The Mood for Love
Nebraska
The Blackcoat's Daughter
Lost in Translation
Adam.Set Me Free (Emporte Moi)
Fallen Angels

Fuck yes. Happy to see another Solondz fan here.

Happiness is fucking great.
His film Dark Horse is also robot material.

It's about a manchild who convinces a roastie to go out with him and it has disastrous consequences.

Also Mr. Nobody

the last american virgin is essential robot viewing

I can't watch that movie again. I didn't sleep for 2 days after I saw it.

Even re-reading the plot synopsis makes my blood pressure skyrocket.

Lars and the Real Girl.
It's a very original movie.

>an heroes only to discover that the afterlife is just a shittier version of the real world.

burningbuilding.com/KELLY.htm

Reminds me of this desu

it's such a beautiful day by don hertzfeldt is definitely one of the most memorable movies for me

Srsly c'mon guys
(btw the blue aliens are roasties and earth is r9k)

Attached: tumblr_kvtfzjS22B1qa3nkyo1_500.jpg (600x927, 541K)

Only god forgives
Originalllite

anything good on netflix?

No, that's a retardo movie, not a robot movie.

found the failed normie
die bich

The most wasted digits Jow Forums has ever seen.
>normalfags are now the ones who decide who is a normalfag or a robot
Jow Forums is lost.

>fembots
>exist
That can't possibly be Jow Forumscore if it pretends a fembot can possibly exist.

fallen angels good taste user

some hidden gems i will share with you

hana -bi
sonatine
crying fist
the chaser
adaptation
mishima a life in four chapters
koyanisqatsi
the man from earth
locke
naked
leaving las vegas
embrace the serpent
ran
paprika
pepermint candy

Attached: 904a298ec56b09a4aabf1431f7942e71.jpg (1800x1063, 973K)

That's why it's fiction.
not original

>nobody has mentioned finding nemo

>nobody has mentioned love on a leash

Attached: MV5BODE2NDQ0OTY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjIxMjg5NTE@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 22K)

ghost in a shell, the anime

Fucking retard doesn't know its ghost in THE shell

fucking newfags, its "Ghost in it's shell"

>Leon the Professional
>Men in flames (idk if you guys call it like that in english, but its the denzel washington movie where he protects a little girl)
>Taxi driver

The MC on those 3 movies are robots, lonely, quiet and no friends guys.

Pure kino. Symmetric shots and long takes. It's about a loner samurai that slowly loses his mind.

Attached: sword_of_doom_poster.jpg (569x800, 235K)

Wrong on all counts. Taxi driver is not robot-fucked-in-the-head, he's sub-20 IQ-fucked-in-the-head. The others are turbo normalfags.

>all i got from travis was that he's a dumb ass LMAO

XD great film analysis bro

That's literally what the movie is about, though. He is self-centered, with delusions of grandeur, and extremely low IQ. You have to be very dumb yourself to think otherwise.

Yes, Taxi Driver, one of the most critically-acclaimed movies in the world, widely known by both professional critics and amateur moviegoers as one of the best movies of all time, with its masterful cinematography and soundtrack, is a two-hour movie about a literal retard with delusions of grandeur. And anyone who disagrees with your objectively obtuse and shitbrained opinion must also be retarded.

Please tell me your favorite film, no wait, lemme guess. The Emoji Movie.

Attached: y74.jpg (225x224, 7K)

I see you have resigned yourself to display to everyone the breath of your lack of intelligence. Oh well, what an unfortunate turn of events.

I watched this. the beginning was good, but it fell apart very quickly afterwards. Harakiri is better

The MC of Taxi Driver is a quiet, lonely, crazy guy
He has no friends, no girlfriend, and all he does is work. How the fuck hes not a robot?

Leon (Leon the professional) its the same, hes just a hitman with no friends, only job contacts who sabes a little girl and then becomes her friend
The same goes with that denzel washington movie
How the fuck they are not robots?

Also do you actually care about "muh IQ"?
Only retards believe on that crap, people who want to brag about something do it.
You can have a really "high IQ" and be a fricking retard. The damn IQ test is just so stupid, dumb ... Damn you have to be a fag to do it.

Because what's more robot than shooting up a school?

Attached: Zero-Day-film-images-59837407-daaf-4e0e-a454-368a8f4e537.jpg (780x1170, 138K)

>the breath of your lack of intelligence
>the breath

Attached: sgdhgsh.jpg (258x245, 12K)

that movie was awesome, like a fucked up nathan for you

Leon has 0 problem interacting with anybody. He doesn't 'have no friends', he's a hitman. That would be like saying that every night shift guard is a robot because they have fucked up sleep schedules, confusing one (extremely minor, too) symptom with the cause.
Something similar applies to the mc of taxi driver. He also has no problem whatsoever interacting with people from his point of view, it's everyone else who is wrong (because he's fucked in the head in a non-robot way, as opposed to having anxiety, or having no anxiety but conditions that maintain proper mental states while rendering social interactions difficult). Random people enter his taxi and he talks to them like they're old friends. He's being a faggot and people tell him to fuck off, he's acting with 100% confidence because he's the one who's right and the others are oppressing his girlfriend (who doesn't even look at him yet). His behavior is the exact antithesis of a robot's.

What can I say, it was so stinky I could smell it through the screen. It's similar to a fart (a lack of substance in your anus), though in your brain.

Obligatory robotic motion picture.

Attached: 11576_7b81d5b8.jpg (500x705, 46K)

pic related is a pretty good robot movie
oregano

Attached: Donnie-darko-bb_758_426_81_s.jpg (758x426, 28K)

I think these are, but they don't call me normie newbie for nothing. The 3rd one is a stretch because of the happy ending, but c'mon, critique me. tell me why my picks make me a chad. I need to feel rejected by the rejected.

Attached: movie.png (1201x518, 777K)

also, does anyone else see the irony of this?

Attached: robot.png (305x77, 5K)

>Solondz fan
not that guy but i'm a casual fan too. happened across his film wiener dog at the library not long ago. it's good

Attached: jeanne-dielman-dvd.jpg (604x856, 214K)

One Hour Photo is essential robotcore.