Are tiny houses robot-tier?

are tiny houses robot-tier?
>only big enough for living alone
>comfy AF
>cheap
i'm thinking of buying a piece of land secluded enough to be away from people, but that would still have internet access, to build a tiny house on. if i wanted to live in an apartment it would cost at least 1000 a month, so i would be paying 12,000 a year. i could build a tiny house for less than that if i can find a cheap piece of land. there are literally no downsides.

Attached: single-loft-1.jpg (1000x667, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mortgagecalculator.biz/c/additional-payments.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>having enough money to buy a house

Attached: 1503119135776.png (960x720, 648K)

You could even just live in someone's backyard and pay them rent.

And where the hell is an apartment at least 1k? Maybe you should move.

Is it really that cheap to have a tiny house built for you? How much does it cost roughly?

I inherited a shitty house that is literally falling down. The roof leaks and most of the windows are broken. So I bought a garden shed and built it inside the living room. Now I live inside the shed inside the house.

PlX with timestamp

i know how to build it myself, but if you were to have one built it would be like 30,000 probably. the materials to build it don't cost much at all because its so small. the real cost is in the land

yeah 12k would get you a decent wood house. Buying the land is another expense, but if you keep it under a certain height, you can build it on any old land, not special property land.

No, tiny house owners make a lifestyle and a movement out of it like Crossfitters

i have 900$ right now, i'm just thinking about saving up for this
what said

just bought a house here, cost me about 10k out of pocket with a $89,775 mortgage. After taxes, I take home about $3100 a month.

It's not that hard if you just prepare a little.

you could've just bought a tiny house, why do you need a full size house when its just you?

credit. if you make payments on a loan on time your credit will get better. credit is important.

it's a small house, 980 sq ft, and it's already built. I work 50 hour weeks, I don't need the headache of buying an empty lot and purchasing a tiny home for it. Non traditional living situations like that are harder to get mortgages for. Now I have a well-maintained living space ready for me to move into with no wait, and in a good location.

>credit is important.

Attached: 1516217896822.jpg (1111x597, 433K)

It does not necessarily indicate how much of a robot you are, but it does indicate how subservient you are.

DAE i don't have to improve my life or do anything because it's all the jews fault anyway? right guys? it's not just because i'm incapable of meaningful living right guys? guys?

Just buy a used RV. You can live literally anywhere you want and they are already very cheap and you don't have to worry about buying land and construction of the house

my credit is pretty good as it is, 718 at the moment. After a few years I should have 800+ credit as I have all my finances stable and in automation.

yes goyim, pay me twice the cost of a house in interest. it's the only way to become an adult

Attached: 1508270472936.jpg (310x178, 13K)

i want to get a little homestead going though, with bees and chickens and goats and shit

> live inside the shed inside the house
If this is true, this has got to be the most autistic thing I've ever heard. Still better off than me. Thanks for the feels, user.

It's my dream to one day have a cozy little cuck cabin nobody can take from me

Most tiny house people are hipster trash. Just get a doublewide and be regular trash while simultaneously having more house.
Bonus points for any and all yard cars.

tiny houses are a hipster meme, there's no benefit to them since you need to buy land and pay taxes on said property, not to mention all the building regulations.
what's that? gonna put it on wheels? good luck parking it anywhere, which again brings the whole land issue.

you're better off just buying a trailer and living on free blm land

Why not just live inside an RV?

>twice the cost of a house in interest
according to my spreadsheet here, i'll be paying only $24,442 in interest

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-21 13:09:04.png (481x968, 80K)

How does this work exactly? Explain to brainlet

at the beginning of a mortgage, most of the money you pay is interest, and very little is principle. As the principle owed decreases, the amount of interest you pay each month goes down. So in addition to my regular mortgage payments, it is good to pay additional money into your principle. Doing so decreases the amount of interest you pay over the whole life of the loan from that point. The earlier you pay down the principle, the more you save over the life of the loan. I'm putting about $300 extra each month into my principle, which decreases the time it will take to pay off my loan by 18 years, and decreases the amount I'll pay in interest by about 2/3rds.

Above is the top of the spreadsheet, here you can see the bottom

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-21 13:18:21.png (400x969, 69K)

yes. to nitpick though, it's principal not principle. they're different words, not two spellings of the same.

i hope some data entry wagie had to make that

Oh, that's interesting. I had no idea that's how it worked. It sounds like you're doing the right thing.

no i used an online tool to generate it. in particular this one:

mortgagecalculator.biz/c/additional-payments.php

on the other hand, there's a thing I could do called "leveraging". Instead of paying down my debt, I could find an investment that grows faster than my debt, and pay into that. Then even though I would pay more interest over the loan, I would make that money back and then some from the appreciation of my other investment. Since my interest rate is pretty low, it wouldn't be too hard to find a relatively low risk investment to invest in.

I would do that if the growth were guaranteed, but it's more of a risk than i want to take with all of my money. I am investing a little of my meager income too, but I think I hit a good balance.

RVs dont have addresses

they also get really cold easily and don't have the best air circulation. If you cook or take a shit the whole place will smell for days.

PO box maybe? though i suppose if you're traveling, might be difficult.

>they also get really cold easily
i would just use a wood stove, those things put out good heat. and shits won't be that bad if you run the fan and open the window while you do it

that's a non issue

But tiny houses almost always appear to be in the middle of a field or in an awkward position. If I lived in a tiny house I wouldn't want it to be awkward (which it will)

no it isn't. you need an address for pretty much everything

It's sort of like a luxurious trailer house. A robot would just buy a trailer house desu . I was thinking about buying a shitty one for 1000 shekels

was it in a trailer park? i could never live around so many people, it would have to be innawoods somewhere.

For me, the perfect thing would be a tiny apartment in the middle of a huge city, so i can access all the good stuff using only my legs
My gf agrees with me, so we are fine

rent a private mailbox
it's literally the exact same thing as having an address

do NOT get a PO box, those don't count as actual entities.

Well it depends. Where the fuck can you even purchase these houses? They look high end and in nice neighborhoods so I'm assuming the price is going to be at around 20k

You can choose to build your own and place it in the location you want, but you'll have to get permits from the city so they can install plumbing electricity and water to your house. You'll also have to pay workers to build your house, and pay for the land.

It just seems like a lot of fucking work.

i'm an apprentice electrician, so i know how to wire it. the plumbing i would get done by someone, the framing is easy for a building that small. the only reason so many of them look high end is because hipsters like to live in them, but mine would just be the bare bone essentials. the only hard part is the permits and shit, but i could figure that out, i'm sure its not rocket science

Yes it was located in a trailer park, but they were selling the piece of junk for 1k. I would obviously relocated and go somewhere else. I wouldn't mind in the woods. It sort of look liked pic related. I'm sure I could of made it livable for me if I put in a little work.

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

>gf
>girlfriend
>actual woman
>actual woman who likes you
>actual woman who likes you and shows you affection
>someone gives a lot of fucks about you
why are you here user?

I want to get one of these and just go from camp site to camp site, I'd be able to tow it in my small car.

Problem is the ones this tiny aren't really mass produced and can cost like 15k for some reason, no fucking thanks

Attached: a17f5422cdf34a12bd904a85ac62817e.jpg (640x431, 107K)

Then go ahead and live in your prison cell

Attached: j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif-7.gif (418x418, 783K)

>I want to be secluded from people
>but with the ability to talk to anyone in the world at the same time

Kill yourself, you mentally ill failed hipster

see i just feel like i don't need all that space. i just want a place to sleep, cook, shit and use the computer.

Attached: zoe-tiny-house-village-cypress-tumbleweed-mount-hood-2.jpg (1024x683, 129K)

If I could live in a house like this in a suburb close to a grocery store and not too far from downtown , I would LOVE this. Maybe big enough for a guest or two, just on those occasions, if ever.

Attached: Yui-Hirasawa-yui-hirasawa-16561952-1280-1024.jpg (1263x956, 121K)

a 35 year mortgage is the real prison cell faggot

With that price you're probably better off making one yourself, or having some mexican welders make something

Besides honest considerations about the environment (insects, floods, radiations...), there are five fuckin fucking things you need.

In order of difficulty:
1) build permit
2) clean water
3) sewer
4) electricity
5) internet

Even going wirelss & solar panels (bye bye microwave & HVAC & heaters & shit), you still need some means (do you plan to shower on soda? do you plan to accumulate rubbish and sewage and pee jugs?).

Finally, your cozy tiny house has to be easy to clean and maintain, because when it's raining cats and dogs you don't want to go full apeshit repairing plumbing and cables and whatever and a couple mosquitoes are destroying every fucking one of your sleep hours.

Suggestion: boat home or campervan:
- no permit required
- solo life while wandering around
- no need for pee jugs
- you can literally chase the good climate (no need for HVAC+heating)

Attached: comfy_vandwelling.jpg (819x819, 79K)

>builds tiny house
>earthquake rekts it
>flood incoming
>crocoliles feast

Attached: tinyhouse.jpg (1024x683, 103K)

>1) build permit
not hard
>2) clean water
buy a piece of land near a river
>3) sewer
outhouse
>4) electricity
tap on to the grid
>5) internet
same as electricity

>be me
>buy a piece of land near a river
>some faggot is living downhill
>pee into river
>faggot drinks peed river water

Attached: diy_in_a_nutshell_tiny-house-4.jpg (1600x1068, 437K)

) build permit
>not hard

sounds like you confused "build permit" with your penis

Attached: DIY at its best: second floor added.jpg (1072x1440, 260K)

As others have said, they're a giant meme, imho. You still need land and hookups to water and sewer to make it viable. Plus, I've heard the markup on them is really bad because of the hipster bullshit surrounding them.

meh, i'm not squeamish. also i would boil it obviously

Boiled peed water, OMG.

google for container homes and prepare to work hard for months to insulate, build interiors, plumbing and whatever

Attached: container_house.jpg (2046x1157, 479K)

getting power lines put in are going to cost more than your house

if you reduce electricity budget to no more than a shaver, a laptop, a cellphone and a very few LED lights, you may well go with a couple solar panels and heavy duty batteries

>campervan: panels + dynamo

Attached: project3c.jpg (1605x952, 80K)

What the fuck retard state do you live in that apartments are 1k a month? That's double what they should be. I should know, apartments are my fucking job.

>Costs nearly as much as a much larger 1 bedroom house

Attached: __oumae_kumiko_hibike_euphonium_drawn_by_tora_tsugumi__4063b2d82abf083bed3acb9e5a33762d.jpg (1500x1107, 335K)

massachusetts, average studio is 900

thats a shed with amenities. not a house, it wouldnt count as a full improvement if it were on its own plot of land.

What kind of shit-hole has apartments for less than about a thousand a month these days? Detroit? Downtown Cleveland?

first of all, land that cheap wouldnt have access to roads, power or running water.

second, developed land suitable for building a home on isnt cheap.

what part of massachusetts, in my MA apartment I have 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, 2 big closets and a basement for 520 a month.

still a shit apartment and i'm glad i'm
moving out

I live in mass too, cheapest studio I see is 750 but it's in the ghetto and I dont want to get shot

middlesex county
ori

Maybe.

* It has to be small -- because you spend 23 out of 24 hours either in bed or at your desk
* it has to be isolated -- because you at most want interaction with your dog/cat/whatever
* it has to be cheap -- because you don't have money
* it has to be insulated -- because you don't want to realize you chose the wrong way
* and you don't want to face legal problems...

in this shit-country there are 250sqft apartments going for as low as 350/month... as long as you're OK having your front door literally on the street, moisture, mold, bad insulation and shit, and 25 minutes on foot downhill to get to some train station.

Attached: crazysquatterdevelopment001-6_full.jpg (518x790, 251K)

come to berkshire county. Trying to get a robot colony in town

Anywhere the population is less than 750k

no wonder your apartment is so cheap, you're in buttfuck nowhere

>living in the sticks
might as well just move to maine at that point

My city has less than 500k and apartments are always over 1k a month.

My family owns apartments in an upper-middle class neighborhood. for 700 sq ft, heat/water included, and a pool for our tenants it's 550 for 1 bed and 650 for 2. Average salary here is about ~80k. East/west coast mongoloids still haven't stopped taxing the piss out of their workers I see.

"Welcome to the Fap To Traps Festival !! 10% off soda if you carry your dokimakura / fullsize nendoroid waifu"

Attached: danger, ms. robinson.jpg (639x640, 137K)

>pic rel
thats some minecraft shit right there

buttfuck nowhere is the best place to be imo, especially for robots.

I was walking to work today and a retarded guy stopped me on the street because he wanted to say good morning to me. It was kinda sweet~

Other than that you'll get left alone a lot. It's way better than a crowded area.

is there a video of this?
oorrig

I already have a job and I can't move to buttfuck nowhere, I gotta be at work by 6am so I need to live in town

Looking to move to northern Alabama in the muscle shoals area. Been looking at 3 br houses for around 70k. I'm a cali cuck so flying there this upcoming week to check out a few properties that look like they're in liveable condition right now with not a lot of work to be done to the house

Anywhere in the midwest or south is going to be like that. The only thing you want to make sure of is the panels on homes in places like Alabama. Replacing all of that siding can be expensive but even if you spent money fixing a home it's still better than a 500 sq ft dog kennel in your state for the same price.

Forgot to say will buy house cash to avoid paying the jew interest and possibly renting a room to a good robot for a little income. I'm already in my 30's and still living at home. I'll have about 10k left in bank after house

>will buy house cash to avoid paying the jew interest
have fun paying the jew tax tho

I wouldn't do all-cash. Pay only the minimum 20% down and invest the rest. Over time you'll be further ahead since interest rates are still pretty low.

christ, i have never seen a post as jewish as this

Attached: 1508158794925.png (274x242, 17K)

Been in the real estate game for quite a while and am just sharing some tips and tricks.

only works if you're getting a ROI higher than your interest rate. If the guy is a wagecuck he likely doesn't have the time to invest his extra money well.

*judaism intensifys*

Attached: 1508272608811.png (68x84, 7K)

I live in an RV for work. They're super comfy if you get a nice one. If you own land you can park sans permits no problem. I've got hook ups at the moment, but some solar panels and well/cistern and your set. This one cost 30k new, but you can get them for $500 if you look in the right place. There's a huge used market for campers. Whereas tiny houses you either have to build or get custom made and by the time that's done you could have bought 10 campers and be done with it. Wouldrecommend/10

Attached: IMG_20180421_142548.jpg (1728x3072, 1.12M)

Getting a studio sounds a lot easier.
I'd rather have an overpriced studio apartment that's my style than a two-bedroom I hate and can't change.

Attached: 1520262259561.jpg (512x512, 35K)

>but you can get them for $500

yes, but it's basically 5000 pounds of rust, pee, insects and wasted rubber.

don't delude yourself - if you spend less than 15k on a 2nd hand one, you probably got a shit on wheels

Please send pictures right now
I want a tiny house, I don't have many things, I mainly want to live in a place with a natural environment