I don't know what the fuck saged means. I'm not a newfag, I just missed this meme. Someone explain pls

I don't know what the fuck saged means. I'm not a newfag, I just missed this meme. Someone explain pls.

Attached: SOTmcn0Ywm2bMjApxmBBG-bGEft8miz6mvo1WUfngss.jpg (2896x2896, 191K)

it's not a meme you dumbass newfaggot

You are a newfag.

Can you just tell me what it means

Nah, m8. Fuck off with this shit.

It means someone doesn't like your thread. So they use the code "saged" in their post to not bump the thread to the top, but still able to insult you without contributing to the thread.

get enough Sages and it sinks the thread, where as replies bump it up. read the faq/help

>I'm not a newfag

Attached: 0_CMiVMbVPfIL8AMSm.jpg (1160x650, 72K)

Thanks guys

Originally

actually i got that kinda wrong. what they said basically

next time just RTFM, it saves your time as well as everyone else's

>I'm not a newfag
>I don't know what the fuck saged means
Does not compute

Attached: LykSOOTOlbTCiscb2dFe_SkH2cWOUHzT5jyrzCShSjU.jpg (900x900, 157K)

i don't know what your criteria for "not a newfag" is, but you probably weren't here long enough ago to know what sage was if you don't already know

I've been lurking since 2013 and shitposting since 2016. Is that newfag criteria?

It means youre a newfag and need to die.

SO KYS NEWFAG

>if I make shit up it will be true!

KYS NEWFAG

2013 is very newfag, you got in by the time this site was already a shadow of its former self.

Attached: 1486814533436.png (1300x552, 158K)

Jow Forums was cancer a decade ago when I showed up.

Anyway, to the real noobs (not to OP, who felt the need to claim non-noob status, so is a faggot): SAGE is what we put in the Options section in the hope that the post will be demoted.

I did NOT sage this thread. This wasn't for OP's sake, the faggot. It was for the sake of real newfags.

The term "sage" is Japanese for "lower". It is the opposite of "age" which is Japanese for "higher". Age is intended to bump the thread up higher on the front page of an imageboard while sage is intended to reply to the thread without bumping it.

>2013
>not a newfag
stop

>SAGE is what we put in the Options section in the hope that the post will be demoted
>demoted
What the fuck does that even mean you fucking retard.
Sage simply means to make a post without bumping a thread. is the only good post itt. Fucking newfags.

>is the only good post itt
No. There are no good posts in this thread. All cancer. All of it, all of the spoonfeeding is cancer.

>All of it, all of the spoonfeeding is cancer.
That's true. I just posted because that retard said a post would get demoted if it was saged, and I couldn't help but to respond to such a blatantly retarded post.
Do newfags ever read the FAQ/Rules anymore? It's a fucking guide on how to use Jow Forums. Do these newfags even scour every inch of the site to learn more about it anymore? I remember going through and reading every single news post on the site because I wanted to learn more about it.

I've been on Jow Forums since May of 2005 and I still consider myself a newfag. Although back in 2005 and 2006 we didn't use "newfag" we instead used other shit like "Gaiafag" (for Gaia Online fags) or "SAfag" (for Something Awful fags) or "NGfag" (for Newgrounds fags that came in during that Jow Forums city flash) or "CNNfag" (CNN fags that came in during that whole Jake Brahm bomb threat fiasco). Then came "scifag" around 2008 because of that whole anti-Scientology protests shit.

You missed out on all the Cheese Pizza from back when mods would actually go to sleep.

moot also used to post lmao...

>get enough Sages and it sinks the thread

Get enough replies of any kind and the thread can't be bumped anymore. Hence the tried and true method of sage bombing a thread until it hits the limit and "autosages". The same thing happens in generals where nobody sages; it's just a function of the reply count.

Retards believe sage actively lowers the thread position but it doesn't. It's just anti-bump; if nobody else posts in a different thread a saged thread stays where it is. On popular boards it's just difficult to observe this directly.