Who’s your favorite classical composer?

Memes aside Im really liking Wagners stuff. Chopin and debussy are pretty good too. They are pretty mainstream though I admit. Feel free to post whatever even if its modern.

Attached: DF82A69D-C51E-4778-BBFB-C69007CCE598.jpg (2048x1364, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w
youtube.com/watch?v=_JlGS1m1PL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't actually like classical music. It's too high-pitched and hurts my ears.

Attached: 1479759717315.jpg (550x453, 39K)

I really enjoy Tchaikovsky and Profokiev. Chopin is nice for calming down too
I'm not so into it to know some non-mainstream ones though

Attached: 1504994232328.jpg (500x750, 21K)

Edward Grieg, Camille Saint Saens, Antonin Dvorak... It's probably not too difficult to guess what other genres I like.

Chopin and Elgar are my go-to guys.

Attached: 22730311_985131538293023_3589058781593529129_n.jpg (700x634, 42K)

Yeah, Chopin's amazing. You can't not like his music.

Rachmaninoff is pretty terrific as well, and I don't think enough people get into his work.

i love debussy

Attached: abeja.jpg (460x500, 36K)

The only composer I knew of is Johann Johannson. I liek movies

Attached: 1517777124050.png (625x773, 111K)

Tchaikovsky overall, Borodin for epicness. Debussy rarely has a good interpretation, but when he does he's comfy. Mahler for symphonies, definitely. Unironically Max Richter from the modern ones.

kanye west of course

I'm more of an early music kind of person. Renaissance composers like Carlo Gesualdo and Vicente Lusitano really hit me in the face. As for Baroque I enjoy the early stage of the period like Fontana, Castello and Monteverdi. For more modern stuff, I go with Debussy because it's soothing I guess and Steve Reich or any minimalist composer because it has a therapeutic side to it.

>home alone
>get my hi-fi
>get my SACD player
>2h alone with Tallis and Vaughan Williams
Miss that shit, desu.

i really like vivaldi, i find his music beatifull and his life inspiring, i wish i could be a good person like him

Is there any music more emotionally engaging than Rachmaninoff's? I find that in the opening of his second piano concerto, the strings drag you inside, kicking and screaming, into the maelstrom that is Rachmaninoff's emotional universe.
youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w

youtube.com/watch?v=_JlGS1m1PL4

Can't stop listening to this, it fills me with energy.
Even went so far to seek out a CD copy of this recording because I love it so much.

Khachaturian is definitely one of my favourites.

zaytoven

W A G N E R

Attached: Jean-louis-david-mars-disared-by-venus.jpg (880x462, 108K)

Strauss, Vivaldi, and Tartini are some of my favorites. Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss is one of my all time favorite peices, along with Tartini's 'Devil's Trill Sonata', such an absolutely beautiful violin peice.

Telemann, Stravinsky and Weber are probably some of my favorites. The first and last for their concertos/sonatas and the middle for his use of "sound effects" to illustrate stories like Firebird and the Rite of Spring

I like Dvorak and Brahms, plus if you see a concert for one of them the other always winds up being played too.

There are a lot of people who listen to anime or movie soundtracks that are instrumental, caught some guy listening to Space Brothers OST at uni the other day

>Memes aside Im really liking Wagners stuff. Chopin and debussy are pretty good too. They are pretty mainstream though I admit. Feel free to post whatever even if its modern.
rachmaninoff and mendelssohn are pretty good too desu