Anyone fantasize about living innawoods self-sufficiently?

Anyone fantasize about living innawoods self-sufficiently?

It might be long, hard work but I think living away in pure ignorance of the world may be the only way to lasting happiness.

Attached: tiny-house-4000-dave-herrle-1.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg (860x574, 119K)

i'd love to, but I'm lazy and would need to bring a lot of doujins mags with me.

Sounds like you've taken the Vargpill.

Attached: 253c22304385d1f84ac27a005bc1b52088606cd7_hq.jpg (450x450, 21K)

fantasize? it's like a dream i aspire to.

it'd be cool to hunt with smooth bore and craft my own musket balls like 1775.
more self sufficient. or maybe make my own buckshot.
bow and arrow hunting seems way too prehistoric for me.

since i bought a house and i'm working to pay it off, it'll be a while before i can go reclusemode, but in the meantime I'll be developing my gardening and food preserving skills, as well as growing a fund that can sustain me after my house is paid off so I can live fixed income in my place for the rest of my life

I feel like it's the only thing that'd make me happy but even then, I'd just think too much about shit day to day, I feel like I'll completely lose my mind someday soon no matter what situation I'm in. Though I'd definitely prefer to be in the wilderness where I don't matter anymore and nobody relies on me

Off grid stuff is 99% meme. Most of people who do off grid still have to work a job on the side

>in b4 some autist starts saying to start a colony of tinyhomes together

This here. A robot wouldnt last one winter before running back to mommys house

If you don't think you can handle the isolation alone it might be better goal to join some mountain monastery. I'm also considering it.

I on and off consider buying an undeveloped parcel up in VT where the land is between 500-2000 per acre to do some primitive living as a hobby on the weekends.

Same. I've been trying to learn about survival and stuff like that but it's hard when the only thing you've ever done is learn about abstract shit. Can someone who's more experienced link or point us total amatures to some learning resources?

I fantasize about living on a stranger family house without they knowing it.

Dave Canturberry on Youtube. that's all you need really.

Even normally competent people have trouble with it though. I think the popularity of offgrid stuff is because of the misconception that it's somehow cheaper and easier than living in the city. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I thought about it but I think the loneliness would get to me after a while

Here.

Unfortunately land prices are extortionate and I'll never earn enough to buy a plot.

>fantasize
Buddy I have a innawoods cabin I built with my brother. I go there like once a month. Get a fuckong job and real hobbies and you will have one too. You dense fantasizing fuck, that is all you subhumans ever do. Watch some meme e celeb video, fall for some meme yet again, shit up the board. Every. Single. Time.

Haven't watched any e-celebs bro. And I question you calling my thread shit. I think it's more thoughtful than the average Jow Forums thread.

wish i had a brother. you're a fag.

Every single day bro. But before I do that I have to achieve my magnum opus.

It actually is cheaper and easier, but not free anyway. One problem with off-grid people is they don't actually want to live off-grid, they want to live innawood but still on-grid. So they need their cell phone and internet. Of course everyone knows if you were to live off-grid you'd be working all day on getting food and the likes, but those people don't want to do that either, they want to buy usual foodstuff.

Yep, though farming from dawn to dusk and getting paid in beans does seem harder than just working a regular job. I've been trying to set up some passive income streams via rental properties and I think that's more powerful and easier than any offgrid plan. For about 10k, you could get a couple hundred a month coming in

If you read old diaries of war vets , how the homeless people live,it gives you a more realistic picture of the situation. Most people do it for recreational purposes and don't plan on getting hurt or dieing which is why they a have a side job. When it comes to real survival though things are done differently.

i need my internet though
I do think a lot about living a van or car though

You have great advice for the most part, don't be such an offputting nutter and you could positively influence more people.

Attached: sylvain-sarrailh-wandering.jpg (1459x821, 515K)

I wouldn't go off grid. Plumbing and electricity is really nice to have.
But I really want a huge permaculture garden. Growing what you eat seems really cool, but a lot of work. You could make your garden your own little patch of heaven on earth. All that work would keep my mind off bad thoughts.

that house has water damage

It's really not much work at all. Even a massive one would be 2 hours a week of work top, even in a fully manual terraponics setup. If you pick up aeroponics or even hydroponics, it's even less work. Most of the work is initial adjustment and checking leaves to setup companion cultures as needed.

Maybe not that much work. Just looked like it from what i've seen online. Probably just in the beginning.
Now I just need a house with a big garden.

In South Africa theres an entire town that lives off car batteries since the government is too arsed to setup any basic infrastructure.
They go to the battery station and pay a dollar to fill their batteries like filling up gas. One battery can contiounsly power a lighbulb for 3 weeks. No contracts or monthly payment required. i dont know about you but that sounds maximum comfy.

My dream is to stop being a NEET, make a lot of money and then retire to a big house in the woods or the the countryside with a devoted wife and live a comfortable life close to nature.

Yeah. My granddad mentioned it to me recently, even, and I think he'd be willing to help me get something set up, since he likes his projects. Good motivator to start making some money, I guess.

Until you have to power a little bit more than a lightbulb anyway.

Sounds pretty comfy, yes, but I don't know if I could pull it off.