Parents "loves" their child just because it's their's

>parents "loves" their child just because it's their's
>the parents pretty much don't give a shit about any other child in the world just because they aren't their's
>somehow everyone praises parental love as one of the most amazing, important, pure blah blah blah things in the world
does anyone else not understand this?
like yeah "love" is just "a bunch of chemicals in the brain" and all that, but at least romantic love or friendships (that can be considered a form of love as well) are formed, when two people are in love they choose each other among all the other billions of people in the world, there's a connection, same with friendships, like this is why "arranged marriages" are looked down upon, because they aren't based on a connection or anything, just two people forced to marry one another (or one of them is forced), but parents who are predisposed to loving their children would love anyone as long as it theirs, like take any child from around the world, take it to a random parent and tell them it's theirs and assuming they believe it they'll automatically start loving the child, but before it was "theirs" the child could've died and the parents wouldn't even bat an eye
an a follow up to that, do any of you (perhaps those who agree with the points above) see the notions of "familial love" as a sort of emotional manipulation? like people are forced into expressing love towards their family and if they don't want to they are viewed as bad/evil/ungrateful/etc

Attached: 1525170215703.png (949x766, 1012K)

tldr

you have autism thats why you dont get it

thanks for the bump at least

The circumstances are irrelevant what's important is the actual emotions and relationship itself. You can attempt to diminish it by saying that the parent only loves the child because it's their's, but that ignores that that love is dramatically more intense than the love for anything else in their life and it's unlikely you'd find a stronger relationship anywhere.

Also more people would risk their life to save their dog than their spouse.

My mom expresses love so that she won't be seen as bad/evil.it's hard to accept the fact that at any given time the person you have lived throughout your entire life will throw you under the bus for chad.

Do you have a mental handicap? Cucks who raise other people's children don't spread their genes. This is why parents love their biological offspring: it has the best reproductive success. Were you an orphan or something like???

Attached: IMG_1346.jpg (777x486, 38K)

I think it's because it's like the parent MADE this child, she pushed it out of her, the child has a part of the parents that the parents may see in them. If that makes sense.

I love me mum

Attached: BC05EFF7-D2E6-4FBD-99DE-65D328B3E290.jpg (480x480, 37K)

Familial love has an evolutionary function. If you don't give a fuck about your progeny, their less likely to survive and reproduce, ya dig?

for shit's sake, i know the evolutionary function of "love", why do you think i put it in quotation marks, i even said "i know it's just chemicals in the brain"
it's not about the love itself, it's about the admiration everyone has for it, like it's something so amazing, like people will say how their parents are "the most imporant thing in the world" for them, i don't get why

>Like, why can't we all just love each other equally maaaaan?

Lay off the fucking pot and you won't ask such stupid questions.
Finish high school so that you're at least vaguely aware of evolutionary psych.

Attached: hippie.jpg (504x336, 45K)

nigga >love equally
wasn't even my fucking point
fucking people without an ounce of reading comprehension are telling others to "finish school"
i'm talking about "love" as a concept, and people's reaction to it
what is it with you normies and your inability to understand that the world isn't written in stone and for every concept can be multiple interpretations

Does it have to be deliberate and chosen to be beautiful and admirable? People love each other for all kinds of dumb reasons. If anything, part of the reason people see parental love as so strong is precisely because it's unconditional. You can be the biggest fuckup in the world and nobody will love you, but your mom will still love you. There is something beautiful in that, no?

>There is something beautiful in that, no?
see for me it's the opposite
it's like the "free space" in bingo
you just get it, it means absolutely nothing, it's default, you can't even get rid of it (sometimes yoh can but have to try super hard), it's like being thankful for having air to breathe, or rather for the air being there for you to breathe it

People want to see their people prosper.
The best way of seeing your people prosper is looking after the young dumb ones.
Yet you would already have a kid, and a wife, so You put your effort there. Since they are top priority, yet if your kids can't have kids. You are fucked. Soo by making a culture where you plant the idea of choosing your kid over any other kid, It actually helps you
Since you just got other potential mates for your kids. Meaning your genes pass, and the community prospers?

What is hard to get? It's literally just an idea to make sure every one is making the creme of the genetic and social crop every-time making the overall community better every time.
Notice how we move from "Your kids first" to
>ughh man everyone should be loved
You get women wanting inbread 3rd world shitskins to come here?

>at least romantic love or friendships (that can be considered a form of love as well) are formed

Except it isn't. It's merely the accretion of chemicals and harboring enough time to where you finally become attached and vulnerable. Most people don't even know what they want in a relationship as much as they like to pontificate which is why the divorce rate is so high. There's constantly people bitching about making compromises and their issues with one another and these same people talking endlessly about "unconditional love" despite romance being something that is based on a set of conditions (ie height, looks, etc). If people were truly 'in love' with one another on a deep and intimate level when it comes to romance, there would be no such thing as break-ups, no divorces, rarely any dating discrimination; yet they happen all the time due to our programming and poor judgement because of these biases. Incels would cease to exist if this were the case.

Attached: 1524609258870.jpg (2387x2728, 1.92M)

ok great, so you get it, right? it's all fabricated and contrived, just another instinct given meaning to make people feel better with themselves, great, that was my point as well, now why is everyone ignoring this fact, i mean even you, you point this out and yet you called me "stupid" for asking the question
like life is really meta right now, people aee through a lot of things that were taken too much for granted throughout history, yet parental love remains one of the only things hardly affected by this, like even here on r9k people who care so much about finding a so and "true love" would almost unanimously agree that "love is just a meme", yet suggest the same thing about parents and 90% of the board loses their shit

See
Retard. The fact there's a pragmatic evolutionary reason for the love doesn't diminish it in any way.

I don't think he's old enough to readily grasp that his line of questioning implicitly leads to certain points of radical leftist dogma. I just read an article the other day that was something along the lines of "what would happen if we made every mother take a random baby from another mother and raise it instead of her own child?" I just assumed he was another one of those morons, but it's just looking like he's a kid who is genuinely ignorant and trying to figure out some mundane shit.

Sounds like daddy yelled at OP for spilling his apple juice again. It's okay OP, just make a few more threads about how much you hate your parents you underage fuck.

> just another instinct given meaning to make people feel better with themselves,
Never said. The reason why Parental love is a reason is because, as i already explained:

Helps keeping your genes alive, helps keep the community alive, make the community stronger. It has nothing to do with "FEELINGS"

Like holy shit, we see this in animals also, They will eat the weak babies of there litter, so the good babies got food and proper treatment. Almost all animals do this, where they nurture their own young to make them best suitable to find a mate. Which helps you, and everyone.

It has nothing to do with feelings. It's about survival. Like your rather really young, or you never took anthropology, and bio classes leading you down the "I fucking love science" bullshit articles

This is the product of single motherhood and living in a world where Obama was president for at least half of your life. These Rick and Morty pozzed up times inform his worldview rather than supplementing or challenging it.

>somehow everyone praises parental love as one of the most amazing, important, pure blah blah blah things in the world
Hey whiny little faggot. Some of us have parents that didn't give a shit if we lived or died, and sometimes relished tormenting us.

Consider it a blessing because it is one, punk.

>Retard. The fact there's a pragmatic evolutionary reason for the love doesn't diminish it in any way.
except it does, hence the "emotional manipulation" in the op, you're forced into a contract that binds you to a group of individuals based on nothing but emotions, if you understand the fact that these people did nothing special for you, nothing they wouldn't have done for anyone else in your position you might not be shackled to them
>"but waah it's about insuring our survival"
rape would also help keep our genes alive, so is having sex with females of prime breeding age (13-18) would help keep our genes alive but society looks down upon it etc etc
why? because of morals, values, standards, norms so on
the point is that whether you agree that some of those things should or shouldn't be you see them from a meta perspective, you analyze them, like
>yeah a female can breed at 14 but at that age she's too young and immature to have children and marry so even if nature intended for her to it's better if she doesn't for her own sake
why can't you apply the same logic to "love" as well
>radical leftist dogma
except i'm not proposing or implying anyhing, i just want to have a discussion about concepts and the way they are perceived by people, too bad you people are incapable of detaching yourselves from these concepts are discussing them as observers rather than those who're slaves to them
and i'm the idiot
my "parents" beat the shit out of me for every little single thing, one time so hard i ended in the er and as a result was placed in foster care and all of this before my 14th birthday
i'm not talking about myself, i'm not taling from a personal perspective, it's all a concept, theoretical for the sake of understanding how other people think

Holy shit so many fucking normies. Since when is this a traditional board dedicated to defending family values. Like not a single one of you had a shitty childhood? It's ok, you might miss a fembot thread if you reply to threads like this.

>my "parents" beat the shit out of me for every little single thing, one time so hard i ended in the er and as a result was placed in foster care and all of this before my 14th birthday
I might not really agree with your points but at least that explains your sociopathic views on ideas like love

>ur wrong, all parents are good
>u were beat? That explains y u disagree with me lmfao

i feel the same way. it's a deeply saddening realization