Island dreaming

Does anyone else dream of tiny little islands in the middle of ocean? Just thinking of living as one of the few residents of Pitcairn Island or manning the sole station on Raoul Island really puts me in a happy place. Troubles of the world behind you, nothing but you and nature for miles and miles. Is there anything better than living on a tiny island?

Attached: 1454374165367.jpg (619x349, 17K)

it would be nice, but i'd like my internet but i wouldn't mind being stationed on a island with rations and shit for money

There are thousands of Islands in between Russia and Alaska, that are owned by Alaska. Some have abandoned fisheries. I'd like to live there, but cannot go alone.

Sounds really cold, the best island chain is probably between america and africa, like 7th ascension islands they sound kinda comfy

Attached: 1510340516240.jpg (1131x1600, 1.97M)

Part of the joy is no internet, complete seclusion from the world. Rations provided though yes

i enjoy the internet to what ever extent, but it'd atleast want a console or computer with a few pre-installed vidgya and a decent library of books and movies, i don't even care if it was in isolation i'd love to just leave my shelter, tend to a garden and do my daily chores then return inside my dinner and watching a movie or sitting on the beach doing some late afternoon fishing just because you can.

fugg i wanna move to a island now

The farther out Islands are not subarctic like Alaska, but actually oceanic.

"Oceanic" as in the area? because i don't know if you know but oceania is on the complete opposite hemisphere in a whole other side of the world...

That's an awesome island thanks!!! Just read a bit on wiki, looks like a wonderful place

Fair enough, I would love having a ton of books. The occasional movie might be nice too. I just don't want to be connected to the constant stream of information provided by the internet

I dream about islands alot, alot of french polynesia sounds really nice although the locals aren't exactly ideal but english islands sound really nice to me
I mean it would be nice to know if your home land was nuked

Attached: 1509334422489.jpg (400x524, 45K)

I live in New Zealand so occasionally get a taste of seclusion but just the feeling of isolation is what I crave. In regards to knowing the homeland is nuked, eh, I'm on an island, what I don't know won't hurt me.

As in 68 degrees during the day, twenty-degrees at night.

Robots tend to like the cold anyway. Oceanic climate is mild.

i live in australia lets meet up and move onto a island and live out our lives just being boring idiots on some shitty french polynesia island

Attached: DWD2jpbUMAAyDDd.jpg (536x301, 23K)

I'd rather just make frequent outdoor trips. Living on a tiny island seems maddening.

obligatory hello fellow kiwifag

Oceania is more tropical desu, it's south of the equator

You seem like a good fellah, if I felt I could disengage from all my responsibilities and go I would. Unfortunately that's not the case. Gonna take a trip with a mate to Fiji this year though, visit a secluded village he volunteered at for six months. Should a good taste

Throwing responcibility wont matter when you're living in a nice shit shack and all in the local village

Oceanic can mean climate or location. I meant climate, not location.

Peaceful community, nice house. Look at the beauty of Pitcairn, indulge yourself to some fantasizing

I was thinking nuku hiva, or something among those lines

That looks great too. Ah islands!