Guitar robots

Guitar robots

I have about 500-600$ and I'm looking for a guitar. Looking for something that can play metal specifically. Low action preferable. What would you recommend? Really open to anything.

I've heard some good things about the bc rich warlock--and I played one a short while back. Loved it--but is it just a meme? Also been interested in the schecter omen extreme 6 or whatever it's called.

What do you guys think would be good?

Attached: Warlock-Core-X.png (1280x500, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonguitars.com/
zzounds.com/item--DNEML79?siid=237775
amazon.com/dp/B01MY9TCNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Bwn7Ab1XW50E6
youtube.com/watch?v=MayAkTCMvJw&t=295s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get something that actuallly takes skill to play, like the triangle

>low action
Any guitar can be set up to be low action. The higher gauge strings you use the lower it can be.

I play metal and I use a Dean ML and Schecter Hellraiser. It really depends on what tuning you want and what type of pickup sound you want. The Dean has passive pickups and a 24.75 inch scale length while the Schecter has a 25.5 inch scale length and active pickups.

>Looking for something that can play metal specifically
then get an amp with distortion or distortion pedal
guitar itself probably won't make a difference in that matter
also try going to /mu/ guitar and bass general and ask them. most of the time they know their shit

See I thought the same thing but some guitars just sound horrible on low action. I put one of mine on the lowest action I could get without hearing a disgusting buzz sound, and it was basically just medium action

Careful, might get laughed out of /mu/ for wanting a bc rich

Longtime here
The *pic related* (Warlock) has a pressboard body, really cheap, just fyi

Honestly I'm Les Paul, but I know not a metal guitar, but you know I'm not biased in this recommendation:

Jackson/ESP - all my good metal friends loved those. It's like the most respected metal guitar out there.
jacksonguitars.com/

just get a jackson. dont get bc rich shit. jacksons are good enough for what you want.

This is a really important question rythm or leads?

low action=you need very level frets.

What measurement do you consider low action anyway?

There's so many variables to consider; was the nut the right height? Was the neck straight? How tall are the frets? How hard do you play? What tuning and what string gauge did you use? Were you fretting correctly?

Personally I'd rather have looser strings than a lower action since it gives you way more options. You can pick the string as hard as you want or very softly, you can bend it wildly, and it's still easy to fret.

That's what I want from a guitar, you see? Something that can tolerate that low of action

I've wanted to get a jackson kvxmg for a while but I can't find anywhere that stocks them so I can try it out.
Seems like a lot of people think jackson is the way to go.

rhythm is the cake, leads are the icing on the cake

ESP LTD EC-256FM
Put Seymour Duncan's in there if you wanna go the extra mile

Do NOT but the memelock guitar. You are not in a band. You have no stage experience. You can't play like mick thompson from slipknot. The only thing you play is wonderwall and you'd look like a betachode playing it on a warlock.

Buy an Ibanez RG series or a classic fender strat. They're more than enough for your metal needs.

>t. guitar player

Attached: IMG_7459.jpg (640x480, 109K)

>Classic fender strat
Nigga he literally said he mainly plays rythm metal guitar the fuck?

learn acoustic first, it'll make playing electric a whole lot easier. its also easier to play acoustic to girls and people in general.

new guitars have level frets (unless they fucked up manufacturing it). so that shouldn't be a problem. don't expect to set the strings to 1/64th on each side without buzzing though, that's pretty much impossible unless you pick with fairy dust and have the touch of an insect.

Chuck Schuldiner approves of bc rich guitars, so why the fuck not?
I'm a cheapfag and bought a cheap ibanez acoustic tho and can't play for shit so I can't give a whole lot of input but bc rich guitars seem great, and you said you tried one before.

Ignore meme fags, people will fanboy any brand they like.

Get a strat with a tremolo. If its good enough for mikael akerfeldt its good enough for OP

>strat
*vomits*

Why the fuck would you play metal with single coil pickups? The strat body is fine but only with humbuckers.

>Why the fuck would anyone ever actually play a strat in the first place
ftfy

I've got like 10 years experience. I'm not a god, but I'm better than that wonderwall/iron Man "I play guitar" kid

I don't know if you're serious about the warlock but for the love of god to not buy that meme guitar.

You'll probably want humbuckers for metal (single coils can work, but it won't be the tone you hear from most metal artists). But

zzounds.com/item--DNEML79?siid=237775
This looks good. Ive played a dimebag ML and theyre fucking great. Dean and Jackson are the best metal guitars. I have a King V and would recommend it too, but its $700+ and the floyd rose is a pain in the ass.

Maybe if they were a 50 year old in a Beatles cover band playing for the local street fair

>and the floyd rose is a pain in the ass.
No, it's not. All you need is a deck of cards and a screwdriver and changing strings or tuning is easy. I don't get this meme.

do you really want to encourage one more idiot to get a floyd rose so he can do dive bombs? do we really need another one of those types?

What about this one? Jacksons are good right?

Jackson KEX X Series Kelly - Satin Black amazon.com/dp/B01MY9TCNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Bwn7Ab1XW50E6

There's a lot more you can do with one than dive bombs. If he's going to be an idiot it doesn't matter what type of guitar he has.

Even if you can't thrash or aren't in a band, you can still get the Warlock since that's the kind of guitarist you want to be.

I got a Squire Strat because it's a middle of the road guitar and I plan on playing any style. After I got it I started listening to more Metallica and looked up what they play which are E. S. P. guitars. However I just looked up that they're a Japanese company so I would just go with the Warlock unless you're a Japanophile.

BC Rich really suck man, you wont progress. An epiphone would be better. For metal it really is more about the amp and pedal set up.
If you start playing with a band that will change too because its about balance.

PRS Standard SE

Attached: download1231.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Also, find a guitar that feels good to you, when you progress in skill it becomes less important what youre playing because youve developed a unique style.

Ibanez RG. Don't fuck around with floating bridges, fixed bridge is so much less hassle.

Attached: 99855-tmp2F4F.jpg (768x768, 18K)

Just get a guitar you're comfy playing with lad.

Maybe for brainlets like you.

>Buy an Ibanez RG series
this. had one in metallic gray finish, shit was cash

Attached: 1521841398740.png (578x790, 302K)

second this, there are even 7 string versions if you need. can switch between humbuckers/single coil too.

Ibanez (any really) - is always good, can't really go wrong with any one
Schecter Hellraiser- great quality for the money
Any 600 series LTD - (Don't even bother with the 200 series)
Charvel Desolation series - heard good things about them
Any Japanese import models (Jackson, charvel, etc) should do you fine as well.
Agile (Reaper, etc) also seems to offer a lot of bang for your buck (EMGs, reasonable FR, Ebony board) but ymmv

Don't bother with non-USA BC Rich (chinkshit) or Dean (overpriced chinkshit). Also don't bother with licensed Floyd Roses. The lack of tuning stability will give you cancer.

Can anyone suggest a good guitar store in Berlin? Will be visiting soon

Being made in the US doesn't guarantee quality. And how do licensed Floyd Roses have shit tuning stability? The bridge itself has very little to do with tuning stability.

9 times out of 10 the people complaining about tuning stability just didn't stretch out their strings

>try going to /mu/ guitar and bass general
Very bad idea.
It's probably the worst general on Jow Forums, just a bunch of shitposters and one supreme autist who's spent the last 3 or 4 years trying to ruin all guitar discussion like it's his full time job

My favorite part is how when anyone post anything slightly like a shitpost or just retarded in general everyone is quick to point out that it must be that autist. He barely even has to do anything, his ghost is enough to ruin it.

Well you're not going to play metal on a hollowbody archtop, are you

youtube.com/watch?v=MayAkTCMvJw&t=295s

PC master race here why don't you build one?

I hate that fag. Same thing happened to /noise/

i have a Cort VX-4X and it's pretty good for metal, think its at that price range too check it out

Fuck me. I've had an ES-135 for probably over 10 years now and I just learned that ES stands for electric spanish.