Schizoid General

"Frequently, a schizoid individual's social functioning improves, sometimes dramatically, when the individual knows he or she is an anonymous participant in a real-time conversation or correspondence, e.g. in an online chat-room or message-board. Indeed, it is often the case the individual's online correspondent will report nothing amiss in the individual's engagement and affect."

Also, watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=agw7dQgSpHg

Attached: a2246737632_10[1].jpg (1200x799, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gjOl7sfeJJk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
pastebin.com/hEGVQymt
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That video is spot on.

would you guys get a sex robot?

I watched it yesterday and couldn't agree with parts of it. I fell down the Up next rabbit hole and thought this guy described it better:

youtube.com/watch?v=gjOl7sfeJJk

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

I have found that my favorite things to do are very primal, like eating, sleeping, going for a walk and feel the breeze ...
Other things are just meaningless extras, I don't have any passions or hobbies. Obviously don't care about people.

Attached: 1524937613443.jpg (600x763, 75K)

somewhat similar here. i enjoy elements more than others - i respond really well to a breeze, ambient noises around the area, rain touching the skin, etc.
natural stimulation (food, controllable noise, visuals) are all really nice. consequently, i get very very angry when there are noises i cant control. people eating, their keyboards, laughing, etc.

ive had one friend in my entire life and hes just like me. we dont even talk much, just share things. i become psychotic over time when i try to force a personality change

This may be an odd question but what ticked you off into thinking you could actually be a schizoid?
I've always been the different one no matter the group setting, and always attributed that to being "reserved" (which really was just disinterest).
But one day it struck me that I don't know the lyrics of any song, zero, none.

>tfw schizoid

Now how do I make my mom understand that I'm not a god damn normie? She ain't gonna watch or understand any of these youtube videos and I sure as hell suck at explaining things to other people without being vague to the point where they don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. It's like I have an intuitive understanding of certain things that I cannot articulate to another person. I just absorb info and KNOW, ya know? I can't output the info I take in though, I never seem to do it justice and then it seems like I'm just full of shit to the other person.

So you have misophonia?

>be schizoid
>have a loving understanding gf unlike any woman i've ever been with
>she makes me not feel like a robot who is just doing things to meet an expected social value
is pretty nice, would recommend. go for the bubbly and intense types, but make sure not to get stuck with an immature one.

Am I a schizoid if I haven't been outside for 2 years?

I think I want to write some kind of philosophy book anonymously, cause I think I have some ideas that might help some people and I like the idea of helping someone in that way, cause as much as I don't want to interact and have anything to do with people I could never hate them, I can feel very cold to them but I know that deep down we're the same and I want the best for whoever I can give it to. Then again I might just not in the first place.

Attached: 1519666240815.jpg (610x411, 110K)

>I just absorb info and KNOW
Completely understand that, how would you describe that process? People say they think in words and/or images, but when I experience that, it seems to go deeper, like a shapeless and quintessential form of knowledge. Like pure truth, the way it is. Also, about your mother, I'm afraid there's nothing to do. Best option is to move out, really.

>what ticked you off into thinking you could actually be a schizoid?
I had no idea until I got tested
but after looking at what it meant it all made sense

As someone who has been clinically diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder by both a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist I highly doubt you guys with jobs and relationships are actually Schizoids.

Ive been a shut-in NEET for 14 years (I'm 30, dropped out of society at 16) so I just can't comprehend how you'd be a schizoid out and about and still actually doing normie shit.

my mother is diagnosed BPD and my father has anxiety to the point where he will break down in crowded areas, so when i was a teenager i realized there was undoubtedly a personality disorder rather than bad parenting.
schizoid took a while to click with me. i was concerned that i had cluster c/b from my parents, but i mostly looked at avoidant. i compared my symptoms to schizoid after a while and spoke to an old psychology professor to bounce ideas off of.
why not avoidant:
>dont have imposter syndrome
>dont care about criticism
>decent social skills
>confident
why schizoid
>hatred towards uncontrollable noises. have screamed at people for eating or typing loudly. mental anger occurs.
>when i was 12 i would spend roughly 15 hours a day on the computer. watching tv before i had internet.
>enjoy being outside and physical activity but the same interests are ruined by people joining in
>realized my social vocabulary consists of repeating the other persons statement and saying really? wow!, etc
theres a lot more but those are the basics

same deal as any other "mental illness" thread, 8 or 9 anons out of 10 are self reporting
like that dumbfuck who wanted to "try out" being on the schizo spectrum

>I highly doubt you guys with jobs and relationships are actually Schizoids
Some are coverts and actually need to work to pay for rent. Being miserable isn't a contest.

>I just can't comprehend how you'd be a schizoid out and about and still actually doing normie shit.
i have a job and a relationship because i think it's more logical to work hard, be virtuous, and have a fulfilling connection with someone, than to sit around doing nothing and wanting nothing like i spent most of my life doing

>schizoid
>robot
>gf

Attached: 80ec3897cb164556644577ee546392a4a7cfca43788112d2eef758481e61f86f.jpg (200x200, 9K)

i think theyre related and thats why psychologists dont acknowledge it. a lot of people incorrectly self diagnose with it

Reminds me of the fat one from game of thrones

>it seems to go deeper, like a shapeless and quintessential form of knowledge. Like pure truth, the way it is.
That's how it is for me as well. This is why I tend to keep my beliefs and ideas to myself, because I have a hard time defending them with facts and logic. And a lot of what I believe would be considered very controversial to the average person, so it's best to keep it hidden away.

>i cant comprehend how someone can force themselves to get a job to survive while dealing with a minor personality disorder
you strike me as the type of person to larp as ASPD

it's not an all or nothing thing, there's levels. there's also covert or 'secret' schizoids who can pretend to fit in and be normal but know in their own mind that they'd rather be anywhere else.

I do this but always thought it was a ADHD/scatterbrain or depression thing

Will monafidil work for me lads?

stims seem to help me immensely but i find it more valuable to change oneself from the inside-out rather than relying on substances

its rare to see people explain schizoids as being 'too sensitive'. pretty spot on. you would think we're dead inside and kind of sociopathic but that couldn't be further from the truth.

>that feel when schizo+autism

does that mean im winning the loser race? my mind will never be right

I do that. It's fear it's more damaging over the long term because it's so mentally taxing and the weariness just builds up over days, months, and years, which ironically forces me to be better at it to compensate with the increasing demand.

Now if only everybody could understand that. Sadly the normies are traditionally quick to judge and write people off at the smallest of differences.

>schizo+autism
but user, those disorders are supposed to be mutually exclusive

You can't have SPD and ASPD at the same time. You either have one or the other. SPD has autistic-like-thinking, but is not autism. Functioning autistic people are actually a lot closer to normal than Schizoids.

>normies are traditionally quick to judge
Normies are social animals, in the strict sense of the word, not rational people.

>Functioning autistic people are actually a lot closer to normal than Schizoids.
agree with this. the biggest difference between functioning schizoids and functioning autists is that schizoids develop their social skills without actually wanting to be around people. it's a defense mechanism. like suiting up for battle. you find yourself a nice gun that does a lot of damage but you don't really want to use it unless you have to.

So is it even worth attempting to get a diagnosis for SPD if you're fairly certain you have it? I can't afford to pay for that shit anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. And what could they even do for me? Therapy? I don't want to do that. I don't really feel like I need "help" for being the way I am.
At least now I know why working retail was such a nightmare for me. Though I don't think I'd even qualify as a "secret" schizoid because I put little to no effort into socializing, I just focused on the work.

>So is it even worth attempting to get a diagnosis for SPD if you're fairly certain you have it?
In my experience no
there isn't a treatment or cure for it, it's just something that is

you can get neetbux in some places if you have the dx
that's the only benefit i can think of
if you want to buy guns you wont be able to though

I'm clinically diagnosed SPD and this isn't true even a little.
SPD just means that you developed learned behavior due to stress (rarely genetic) for some reason to separate how you present yourself to the world and how you really feel. It is true many SPDs prefer to avoid "the world" altogether but like all this shit it's on a spectrum.
You have to find jobs that benefit from the neurotic behavior of being an SPD they exist. Lots of SPDs are small business owners.

>Lots of SPDs are small business owners.
How do you know that? Also, what jobs benefit from that behavior?

Wait, I'm confused, wtf is schizoid? Is it at all related to schizophrenia?

I have schizoaffective disorder, just curious what the difference is.

What are your guys experience with clinical psychologists?

I'm on my 3rd one now, entering 2nd year of treatment, pretty much made 0 improvement. The current psychologist I can tell is sick of it and shes started hinting at me to stop seeing her.

It takes a lot of effort and energy for me to find a new one all the time, and it all seems helpless anyway.

I've tried a pyschatrist but he said there's nothing he can do for me but he will see me once every 3 months for evidence for autismbux, but other than that he said there aint shit he can do.

The clinical psychologists seems to all be completely dumbfounded by SPD.

SPD larpers ruin it more than normies. Larpers use SPD as an excuse to pretend they're edgy sociopaths.
A true SPD is pretty comfortable being disconnected from the world, they don't curse the world for not letting them be "their real self."

Just watch the videos in the thread or read the wikipedia article
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

>dat Akhtar's profile
wew I never saw so many of my traits in one place

>due to stress (rarely genetic)
This isn't true, a lot of PD are pretty closely tied to genetics. Cluster A in particular has something along the lines of 60% inevitability
As well as if someone you're related to has schizophrenia, then your odds of developing schizoid or schizotypal disorders skyrocket

>wtf is schizoid?
>Schizoid personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment, and apathy. Affected individuals may be unable to form intimate attachments to others and simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate, and exclusively internal fantasy world.
It's related and part of the Schizo grouping of disorders but manifests differently. That said some things can cross over pretty easily when shit gets bad like hallucinations and the like

imagine being the way you are except without mood swings, hallucinations, delusions, etc
just someone who barely exists and barely cares about society
schizoid = negative symptoms of schizo-type disorders

psychs are annoying and always try projecting when all else fails. i could not talk to a professional without them using me as a sounding board for their own insecurities. it's weird but i guess i don't blame them. i'm pretty hard to get to know

>shes
Don't see women for treatment, it's not some misogynistic meme, they biologically lack the capacity to comprehend your perspective.
Aside from that, put yourself in their shoes: your patient has lived his whole life behind a safety wall, it is all he knows, and you want him to expose his true nature (which by the way will make people hate him). It's not doable.

>What are your guys experience with clinical psychologists?
useful to get an official diagnosis but that's about it

Most people with SPD aren't destructive and genuinely are happy being alone so there isn't really anything to be fixed.
If you can get cheap therapy and can find a good therapist I'd say do it. Most people have a habit of getting suck in a loop in their own mind without even realizing it. Talking out loud to an objective third party is useful. The best therapists don't try to tell you the right way to think they basically just ask you guided questions to help you expose your own thoughts to yourself.

If you've ever posted >tfw no gf, you are not schizoid

#notallschizoids

>perma-neet
>need help from psychologist/pyschatrist to fix me so i can be normie and work to get money to support myself
>cant see psychologist/psychiatrist because it requires money and they charge a lot
>have no money

vicious cycle

Thanks for clarifying dudes
>just someone who barely exists and barely cares about society
I absolutely get it now. I remember before my schizoaffective was a thing I used to be super social and charismatic and I was the life of the party, now I get super nervous leaving the house.

Well, I have SPD and I own a small business. But when I was first diagnosed I did a lot of research and SPD/business owners came up a lot.
The thing about SPD you have to realize is that it can truly be an asset and not just in some "gold star for effort" sense. SPD is a learned behavior not a hard wall of functionality. You can "learn" how to deal with people better and it will become a habit just like anything else that sucks at first. A lot of SPD behavior is learned when you're young due to general insecurity. Sounds like cliche faggot shit but you have you face your insecurity before you can deal with other people.
Just dont be a sperg and fall for some pickup artist or "social engineering" shit.

From what I read about SPD is that like anything it has a genetic component but developing it depends a lot on social stress during development.

I have plenty of ideas for business etc. the part I really struggle with is the motivation to start anything. I can lie in the bath and have a load of ideas in my mind and think "I'm gonna do it", map it all out and so on, then I get out of the bath and go back to doing nothing. it sucks.

If you're a neet and you live in the USA you probably qualify for 100% free medicaid.
Healthcare in the US only really sucks for lower middle class people. If you're destitute health insurance is free and comprehensive.

Makes a lot of sense really. SPDs are good at reading people and seeing the "meta" of everything, making clear abstractions of complex systems.
Not dealing with too many people while still being in control of your own creation seems like the sweet spot. Funnily enough, it's like a good sociopath, the cold approach helps everyone.

If it makes you feel better lots of people have good ideas that make terrible businesses, so you shouldn't beat yourself up over not capitalizing on your ideas. I was mostly lucky.

I'm thinking of going all in and trying for neetbux, can I by land with government assist money?

The sociopath thing is a common accusation I hear about SPD people. The truth is at least for me that I have nothing against other people I would just rather be alone. It's not like I'm sitting in my dark basement writing manifestos about how I hate humanity.

Didn't make an accusation, quite the contrary in fact.

>tfw worked retail for a decade so all chances of NEETbux are out the window because I'm "clearly capable of working"

I'll go homeless before I go back to a job like that. I'm with the small business poster here, I need to find a way to use this to my advantage and sell something that I can create or otherwise establish a business of some sort.

You pretty much have to convince a therapist and a psychologist that it is psychologically impossible for you to get a job to get neetbux. Even then most people get denied and have to appeal and get denied again.

Yeah I know you didn't I was just saying in general people seem to think people with SPD behavior are sociopaths or something.

just call it ''Introvert General''

What they believe it's psychologically possible but life-threatening?

To be fair, it's safer to assume the worst of people, I don't really blame them for avoiding the silent types.

no, introverts are different. there are plenty of introverts who resent their personality.
what makes SPD unique is most of us isolate ourselves and truly prefer our lives this way.
lots of people react to SPD lifestyle by saying "but that's not natural" and in fact it's not natural, many times it's the result of 10+ years of social trauma. but the fact is that just like anything else your brain adapts and you learn in the most literal sense to be happy being alone. from the outside looking in this is "sad" but for the true SPD it's comfy.

If I had to guess I'd say it's less about life-threatening and more about reducing the social cost. For example, the government might consider giving an SPD $1000 neetbux rather than the alternative that the might become homeless and be an even larger drain on society. Just a guess though.

Anyone here started out as AvPD but have progressed into being schizoid?

Attached: IMG_20180504_095810.jpg (3024x4032, 1.38M)

SPDs aren't necessarily silent. The problem is they have developed a "public face" where they act in a way that they think people expect. In fact, many SPDs are very social they just find it exhausting and meaningless.
That sounds really edgy but it's true. When I say meaningless I don't mean they think the other person is stupid just that it's a necessary social reality.

-i started out with schizotypal, and it developed into full schizophrenia. Life aint even real.

I get that, I'm a covert myself, my point is that regular people don't make distinctions and easily put everyone into categories.
SPDs with no social masks end up in the sociopath bag, because people don't know any better and take the safety route.

Seems like a retarded meme disorder for special snowflakes to me.

Thanks for bumping the thread normie :^)

Always plenty of anons believing they have it but it's very real.

So the "SPD" is basically a person with a functioning brain who's read a book or two?

>many SPDs are very social

Attached: 1508509351171.jpg (258x245, 12K)

How do you even conclude that from that post.

>Descriptions of the schizoid personality as "hidden" behind an outward appearance of emotional engagement have been recognized since 1940 with Fairbairn's description of "schizoid exhibitionism," in which the schizoid individual is able to express a great deal of feeling and to make what appear to be impressive social contacts yet in reality gives nothing and loses nothing. Because he or she is "playing a part," his or her personality is not involved. According to Fairbairn, the person disowns the part he is playing and the schizoid individual seeks to preserve his personality intact and immune from compromise.[24] Further references to the secret schizoid come from Masud Khan,[25] Jeffrey Seinfeld,[26] and Philip Manfield,[15] who give a description of an SPD individual who "enjoys" public speaking engagements but experiences great difficulty in the breaks when audience members would attempt to engage him emotionally. These references expose the problems in relying on outer observable behavior for assessing the presence of personality disorders in certain individuals.

I bet you're some SPD larper who has diagnosed yourself with a dozen other psychiatric disorders too.

In germany I can get labled as disabled and I 've been seriously thinking about it.

I'm working in my first job right now and it down right kills me.
I even got a rash from the stress and I'm just falling apart.

I've been working for 6 months now and am allready looking for another job that maybe involves less interpersonal stress.
but I'm seriously afraid that any job will stress me out like this.

I newver noticed but looking back I allway just bailed situations like this.
but I can't with a proper job.

I'm really lost here.
and stressed.

Attached: 6 (1).jpg (1500x2263, 1.27M)

Go back to torturing yourself incel everyone here is just enjoying their comfy neet life.

Well according to this Internet test I am one of you guys, so what do you weirdos do for fun?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-27-23-47-15-1.png (480x371, 64K)

Hang out on the internets by myself, in my room. Play the vidya games sometimes as well.

I'm taking that test right now.
It keeps asking about immigration. It's a bullshit test.
Polite sage.

You're more likely avoidant than schizoid. They're similar but fundamentally different.

huh? is schizo spectrum shit the new r9k meme?
its almost as prevalent as people saying they have autism now

Schizoid myself. I have no trouble putting on a seemingly social mask for social situations and work. But outside of that I resent any and all intimacy, I buy hookers and probably will continue to do so for the rest of my life, because sex with them you never have to really open to them per se. Most people, including what family I have are meaningless ghosts. Still I yearn for a lifelong partner, part of the reason why I'm pursuing a career in illustration and animation because I love world-building inside my head, making fictional characters that aren't real but which I have more passion and feelings for than real people. I did have a dysfunctional relationship with a girl but it didn't last long due to her complaints of me being distant and cold.

I blame it all on child abuse. Home simply does not feel a safe place if theres someone else living in it. Father used to beat me even harder if I cried or showed emotion when he was busy throwing me around the house so the ability of opening up to another in a true fashion has effectively been cauterized from me permanently. Guests are all fine and good because I have the absolute control and I can kick them out whenever I want. I guess the only way for me to have a relationship would be if I would have absolute control in it. A blood pact made where if I open up to another person I reserve the right to kill him or her if she would ever betray me.

>tfw learned to mimic normalfags
>tfw SPD actually helped to blend in, because i don't have even slightest social anxiety even after years of being completely alone
>tfw normalfags tend to mistake being emotionally cold with being confident

Attached: .jpg (183x250, 7K)

Your blood pact thing reminds me of this suicide note
pastebin.com/hEGVQymt
He was a regular user on a forum I used to go to.
A big part of why he did it is because people kept betraying his trust and he felt he had to kill himself before he killed someone else.

I don't think that's SPD, that sounds like AsPD or Asperger.

>I don't think that's SPD, that sounds like AsPD or Asperger.
Is this new meme?

That's what happens with self diagnosis. They're just fitting diseases for people who don't go out much or at all.

>diagnosed spd
>don't want to have any contact with other people
>in the same time want to have one person to not be completely alone
>fucked for life by 2 exactly opposite desires
Hahahahah, good one, you got me, nature.

>strong desire for sex
>put off by the idea of dealing with a girl
Hell yeah nature haha got some tricks up your sleeve I see.

How did you get a diagnosis, when you're clearly lonely and want someone?

>schizoid
>bisexual
it's a very complicated kind of feel

Because 2 psychiatrist, who diagnosed me, know the subject not on the surface level?
I also feel ok most of the time and no matter how many people i tried, i never could feel emotions to anyone, if you are curious.