Irrational fear thread

Irrational fear thread

Whales scare me.

Attached: 1519609820156.jpg (569x506, 44K)

Not sure how irrational this actually is, but I hate escalators. I'm fine with going up, but I don't because I'm terrified of going down. One wrong step and I could fall down in front of everyone.

Attached: 1511584893633.jpg (326x326, 28K)

Black people scare me most of the time

Showerheads scare me
Especially when there's a lot of them together in a locker room
I feel like that scene from the original IT is going to happen to me

The ocean scares me

Actual retards and balloons. Here's my traumatizing moment
>going to middle school bathroom
>alone in the hall
>suddenly a crowd of special Ed kids appear
>no tard wranglers
>a big one wants to shake my hand
>I tell him no (the handlers tell us not to touch them)
>he starts getting angry and crying
>as the alpha retard he gets the whole pack going
>they begin to swarm in on me
>drooling and slobbering like rabid dogs
>I see my life flash before my eyes as I'm surrounded by retards
>5 tard wranglers come running down the hall
>they save me
I have flashbacks when I see retards.
Balloons just give me memories of having constant ear infections as a kid.

that's not irrational, they are significantly more aggressive and statistically much more likely to cause you harm.

Taxidermated animals scare me, not real animals or corpses, just taxidermated ones, it's a retarded fucking fear.

That's perfectly rational

Chinese escalator videos are horrifying. I understand your fear man.

I've had a phobia of wasps since I was like 5. I'm about to be 27 and I still freak out if I see one.

To be fair, wasps are fucking dickheads that will sting you for smelling wrong.

I've never actually been stung, though. They just scare the hell out of me. It's not bees by the way, just wasps.

both of these are rational. wasps can fuck you up and blacks are dangerous.

What are you fucking stupid? Whales should scare you, at least if you've ever been in a boat and encountered one before.

30,000 kg coming out of the water and landing on your fucking head is a very real possibility.

That reminds me of something that happened a few years ago, except it was more sad than traumatizing.

>sitting in library on laptop by myself
>large middle aged man walks up to me while I have my headphones in
>ohshit.jpg
>take headphones out, he starts talking to me and he looks upset
>his voice sounds odd and I can't really understand what he's saying, realize he's mentally disabled
>he tells me he got separated from his group and he looks really scared
>spend the next few minutes trying to calm him down, tell him everything will be ok
>group leader finally sees him and apologizes
>disabled man says thank you and gives me a big hug like a teddy bear
>leaves with the rest of the disabled group

I hope he's ok.

Attached: 1514409451352.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Woke up to feeling something crawling on my arm, shook and slapped it off as I scrambled to the back of the bed to inspect wtf it was... Suddenly feel sharp, stabbing pain in my arm. Freak the fuck out swiping at my arm to be rid of whatever it was. Turn on light, yellowjacket wasp. Hurts like shit.

Get a bottle, catch wasp and let it out a window.

The wasp bullied me from outside the window for the rest of the summer.

>I started calling him Chasp.
>mfw he'd come around

Attached: 1440456021913.jpg (240x232, 7K)

statues, idk why

fish. any fucking sea animal i hate their fucking eyes. Catfish make me piss myself I hate lakes, rivers and the beach i dont even eat sea food because im scared of finding a fish eye in my food

Spiders I guess, I live in an area with no poisonous ones

>I started calling him Chasp

Attached: 1524942440145.png (209x155, 70K)

mah gentle giant though

Whales have intentionally killed humans before. They are giant fish after all and not nearly as noble as one would think. That alone makes them scary. Moby Dick wouldn't be so popular if it didn't hit a nerve.

They also unintentionally kill people by breaching on them and crushing them to death.

>They are giant fish

This is why I wasted 19+ years of my life watching national geographic. So I can look down on people like you.

how is that irrational? they could snap you in two like potato chip

Attached: 1524103995148.png (710x750, 196K)

No, you still wasted your life and you are very obnoxious too so you have even greater problems. Your time would have been better spent with a day interacting with whales. They may be mammals but they are exactly like anything else in the ocean.

I hate people that assume certain animals are so intelligent when they routinely get into shallow water and decide the best course of action is to try to go on land. They are dumb as fuck and you're just projecting intelligence onto them.

Dead arthropods, not live ones.

I could handle 10 spiders crawling across me but if you put even one dead arthropod within my general vicinity I'd avoid it at all costs, I had a nightmare once where I fell into a bucket and had numerous dead arranged arthropods and insects on my back. One of the worst nightmares I had. Also worth mentioning is that I have never killed an arthropod or insect deliberately, for any reason since I was 8, if I see them drowning in a pool I reach in, lift them and place them somewhere safe.

Partially out of altruism, but also because I can't stand dead things. But then again I also have a fear of decomposition, might have some relation.

I'm a bit scared of meteors. You could get struck by one any day, any time. Suddenly you are just gone.

my son growing up without a father

I'm scared of dogs. I've been attacked twice in my life, one time very serious and needed to go to the hospital. I used to walk around for enjoyment but now I don't anymore, because the owners around here leave their dogs running around without a leash and have gigantic hellhounds instead of normal looking dogs. I already had bad social anxiety but being attacked by dogs has ruined mine to near agoraphobic status.

Attached: vicious_pitbull-300x238.jpg (300x238, 42K)

Being doxxed.

triples and also having a pet wasp. one of these things is not like the other.

Just realized I should have elaborated: being doxxed is a legitimate fear but I'm talking about a fear of someone somehow tracking me down through Jow Forums posts and doxxing me just by random shitposts I've made.

I still freak out during thunderstorms
Also I'm slightly claustrophobic and haven't swam since I nearly drowned

>They may be mammals but they are exactly like anything else in the ocean.
i pray this is bait and i pray that i am taking it

I have a lot of historical crushes and I read this book when I was younger where ghosts could sense when people were thinking about them so I would always be paranoid about my thoughts being like a beacon to that ghost

They beach themselves because of their intelligence. Something in the deep spooks them into jumping ashore. Be afraid, user. Be very afraid.

All sorts of bugs. I just don't like them.

Intruders and interlopers

C U C K R O A C H E S

Attached: 1514854523026.jpg (1500x990, 174K)

Please, inform me, and a bunch of marine biologists, what special qualities they have compared to fish and other marine mammals?

They are as intelligent as other smart animals, which is still very fucking dumb. I wish your years of watching shitty tv and pretending to be intelligent would allow you to put out an coherent sentence but I guess not.

The sound of the chain clacking on a roller coaster as it ascends, I love rollarcoasters but that sound is enough for me to not ride them.

oregonallioyodalayhehoo

Attached: meontheright.jpg (450x300, 36K)

spiders and needles

Worms and maggots