Nostalgia is killing me. I want so desperately to go back to the 90s or early 00s...

Nostalgia is killing me. I want so desperately to go back to the 90s or early 00s. It's all I think about to the point where I don't allow myself to enjoy the now. Does anyone else know this feel?

Attached: Nokia_5100_Blue_(sharper_brighter).jpg (422x800, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ssgm5rUpgUs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iktf. nostalgia is no longer bittersweet, just plain bitter.

Attached: 1525369979144.gif (648x595, 401K)

Yep, I'm always just angry that those times are gone forever. It doesn't help that the future looks grim regardless of nostalgia.

Attached: 1414697053149.jpg (554x527, 48K)

2001 was pretty comfy for me, I'd go back there. 2005 was also pretty nice, 2006 is when people started ditching me.

to me the older years just felt so at peace and so easier to manage in those days, despite war n shit

now adays we have basedboys and girls wanting to be men and we have a meme as a president and everyone is threatening to lobb nukes at one another, plus all this high tech stuff that i learned which makes me worry even more about it

why cant i just have a nice high paying job at a retail store and aspire to have a flipphone like before when those shits where cash, even when they first introduced the fucking Chocolate phone, like shit man.

i will admit ill miss all this technology but for a happier life ill take it

Attached: 1494077569152.jpg (700x700, 68K)

the problem is social media
now you always have to be wary of some faggot recording you and posting your fuck ups on social media to be logged in a permanent record of humanity. this keeps us all on edge

I want to go back to when the biggest challenge I faced in my life was finding out how to afford a set of trimmed rune armor. Fuck, lads...

Ja I really want the early 00 back. When emo scene Kids were still a thing. This is something I was legitly good at. Bitches beeing on my dick for superior scene style treating me like a celebraty. Lived like a fucking rockstar, and now im a burned out loser that no one remebers. Feels Bad man.

Attached: 75461fd05cd171f8.png (841x898, 320K)

Post yfw you will never go back to 2003 and play Need For Speed: Underground and listen to its nu-metal soundtrack with your friends for the first time.

Attached: 3-.jpg (234x350, 18K)

>the problem is social media
How does it manage so successfully to bring out the worst in humanity to most people.

I know what you mean. I remember having every emo and scene girl in the room start eyefucking me whenever I would enter the room in high school. I would overhear them telling their friends how hot they thought I was. Now I am nothing. Like that one Coldplay song.

Peaking in high school fucking sucks man.

Theres an entire underground community of people that recreate their libes to be 20s, 50s, 60, 70s.
No reason why you can't immerse yoirself in the 90s.

Just don't be one of those insufferable fags that what born mid 90s and up that pretends to have lived through previous decades because they found old songs on youtube and old vidya.

Look on the bright side, friendo, at least you did peak at some point. Some of us have been at the very bottom our entire lives.

Normies thirst for fame, and they'll trample over anyone to get there - both things that social media provides.

Late 1995 / Early 1996 - early 2001 was objectively the best time, although 2007-8 and 2014 were also great.

2007-2008 was the start of the SJW era that Obama ushered in when he began his campaign. Dark days, those.

ywn browse old Jow Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=ssgm5rUpgUs

I have no idea what that was, but it's magical.

They're being told that their opinion matters and their voices should be heard, by these social media companies who just want the revenue and the large amount of people swooping in.

And now people are easily influenced by that idea and think their thoughts matter more than they do, especially the impressionable younger generation. So now we here every hot ass boring opinion everyone has to say.

Its why politics is in the shit now. People cant shut the fuck up about it and always have to be obnoxious about their political opinion because they think somehow by ranting about it on a website, they're making a huge difference, and that when they @ a specific celebrity, that the celebrity is even fucking reading it, never mind actually considering their opinion.

>2007-2008 was the start of the SJW era that Obama ushered in when he began his campaign. Dark days, those.
it wasnt obama it was iphones dumbing down the internet to the point that women and other morons could actually use it for the first time.

You're attatched to nostalgia, not because of the era, but because the prospect of what it meant to the people you feel validated by.

Attached: glasses.png (333x359, 6K)

Yeah nostalgia is serious business. I'm in the process of remodeling my life right now, because I'm trying to recreate my personal 90s environment as closely as possible. Looking for a house that looks like our old house, in the same kind of town, with the same kind of scenery. I might even buy back our actual old house from whoever lives there now. Then I'd have to do a fuckton of remodeling on the inside because another family lived there for like 20 years, plus it would be a terrible investment if I were to approach this rationally.

I preserved my old stuff as much as possible. Consoles like the PSX and Sega Saturn have been carefully sealed. Emulators exist. I try to have as few online accounts as possible, no social media. A major drive behind my nostalgia is that I want to be "offline" again.

Attached: 1525519679264.jpg (650x650, 50K)

I'm pretty sure it was the great recession which started in 2007 or 2008.

>Obama
You spastic, it was the lowering of the IT barriers that lead us to this point.

Wait, how old is the Wii?

It's because of smartphones. Smartphones were a mistake.

I just want to have internet friends again and to have an e-gf that visits me and we go traveling together and the world is still bearable. I want 1999 to never end.

>because the prospect of what it meant to the people you feel validated by.
It's not even that deep. Many posters in the thread straight up admit the only reason they are nostalgic is because they had a gf or friends. Tbh if you're life revolves around validation from others you probably have more issues than just being an outcast.

Haha yeah if you'r life revolves around the most basic aspects of being human you have le problem *tips le fedora*

>tfw the custom car scene from nfsu and the first couple fast and furious movies has completely fucking died
>tfw the new cars nowadays can't be customized at all
>tfw the new cars nowadays all look the fucking same
>tfw the latest cars on the market have all this useless inbuilt tech that breaks down every 2 months and is completely unreliable
>tfw you can't even change your oil without voiding the warranty unless you pay $300 for an authorized serviceman to do it for you
>tfw you'll never customize your own car from scratch and add cool mods to it over the years
>tfw you'll never drive around the city at midnight with a group of your friends who each have their own custom cars
>tfw you'll never cruise down a highway with your friends at 2am with nobody else on the road
>tfw born too late to experience any of this
pic related, a cool photo taken in 1996

Attached: ricer cars.jpg (3200x2220, 367K)

Fuck no. I was a loner incel during highschool years. I became chad later. Never that I would go back to that. Hanging out here is basically nostalgia for me

Go get some food you ate as a child, put on a movie you watched as a child, put on your pyjamas and close your blinds.

NFSUG for the xbox and ps2 was the last good need for speed. Burnout 3 takedown, was cool too.

I meant NFSMW

>>tfw you'll never customize your own car from scratch and add cool mods to it over the years
Why won't you? Just get a pre-2005 car retard?

And the people reliving the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s?

Righto mate, nothing wrong with it

Attached: Bob-Marley-High-Definition.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

What's the deal with her face?

why does this thread hit on the nail on the head?

>be me
>i'm an attorney
>work 10-11 hours a day, commute an additional 2-3, 5-6 days a week
>mountain of debt
>no time to really enjoy anything
>think about how easy life was
>think about friends and how much fun it was to go outside and bike and play tag
>getting out of school at 2:30 on a friday, knowing you have no homework and no school monday
>your buddies are coming over for pizza and vidya
>felt you had the world by the balls

i wish that feeling

Attached: feels closed eyes.jpg (205x246, 6K)

idk if anyone will respond to me or if my feels will resonate with anyone else, but i will continue

>go see my best friend
>he is always on his phone
>we're hanging at my place one time
>im laughing, telling him a story that i know he would enjoy
>look over
>hes on his phone
>he looks up
>"what was that?"
>say nothing
>remember hes a loser who cares more about his rp character and his online wrestling federation RP
>can't even connect with him anymore

anyone reading?

some days, there will be smells that will bring me back to my childhood or early teens

>come outside after a fresh rain
>the smell of flourishing trees and grass with the scene of fresh rain flood my senses
>remember running out my front door as a kid to see other friends just as excited that the rain finally stopped
>the warm sun as a reminder theres plenty of day left
>open my eyes
>i'm not a kid
>early 30s
>slightly overweight
>slightly balding
>slightly happy

I can almost hear the sound of bicycle wheels rolling over damp pavement and soaked leaves.

>anyone reading?
Sorry, what? I was playing Candy Crush.

The year everything went to shit (I'd say it was 2008 with Iron Man, COD4, Youtube coming into it's own, etc)

Attached: 2007.jpg (1477x1941, 429K)