twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not prefering maces
you still got some growing up to do bucko

Halberd>everything

this
enjoy your oversized knife against full plate

Good luck surviving a slice from a claymore

Said to be able to decapitate two men in one swing

Unironically though, I hate how normalfags think European swords were blunt and heavy, when in reality they were actually fairly light and just as sharp as katanas while also being a lot tougher.

The claymore, for instance, is 140cm long and only ways 2.5kg.

Attached: claymore2.jpg (1000x1000, 61K)

>sharper than katanas
LMAO Katanas with their clay tempered steel are 1000x sharper than your clunk of metal called a european sword. Katanas are by no means the strongest, but they are sharper. You should just call european swords clubs. They are meant for bashing.

Nah user, european swords were fucking sharp as hell and light. Not to mention Europeans used a higher quality steel back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_I_fkRngNM

I'm sorry user, but claymores are on top of the sword hierarchy, in a fight a man with a long sword will always beat a man with a katana.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKrUCjkPzFo

Educate yourself, weeaboo. There are so may retarded myths about European swords that are blatantly false.

dudes I watch both of these channels especially skallagrim. But there is one problem with your yooutube links. These people both hate katanas. Not because they think katanas suck, but because they never appealed to them. It's kind of like hipster shit. They don't want to like katanas since weebs make a big deal out of them. No, katanas can't cut through red wood trees, but their design is both aesthetic and effective for cutting and you can't argue that. Euro swords, (which I love too) aren't as appealing and aren't as sharp as a professionally made katana. Euro swords are still fucking sharp though. I JUST LIKE SWORDS DON'T BULLY ME

I was just trying to point out how retarded that user's point was.

European swords weren't blunt or heavy and they weren't made for bashing through armour. A lot of weebs and normalfags seem to think so though, which is just annoying.

>retarded myths about european swords
I would have to agree user

I was that same guy though and I was exaggerating. Euro swords don't break as easily that's why I said they were for bashing. It was just a joke

well have fun throwing away your tiny bladed stick after every fight due to inferior steel.
also your curve game is weak

Japanese steel is inferior and the smithing techniques were no more sophisticated than for Toledo- or Damascus steel

>hating on japanese swords for no reason
it has to do with skill in a battle with a sword, not the "betterr sword"

youtu.be/VHVA7CHS4ec

>Dumbass weebo
I bet you watch anime faggot

The reason katanas were folded like a billion times is because the metal they were made of was abysmal quality.

European swords were always superior.

Katana weren't folded "thousands of times" they folded them about a dozen times but 2^12 is 4096.

soon you will have a fascination with guns

A person with the supirion weapon has a big advantige. A war sword is better than a katana in a fight to the death.

and then with vans

>ctrl + f
>no "Dane axe is the best" post
>no "dane axe" post at all
you disappoint me r9k

Attached: 20170419235031[1].jpg (900x599, 77K)

Bastard sword >> halberds > crossbow > shields > mace > shit >>>>>>>>>>>> axe

Attached: 1525521295485.gif (413x313, 500K)