Why are normies so obsessed with travelling?

Why are normies so obsessed with travelling?

Attached: Screenshot_20180506-105944.jpg (1432x1279, 702K)

it's not about traveling. they actually don't give a shit about it.
it's about taking selfies and getting this sweet attention on jewbook

>implying you wouldn't give your left nut to go to nipland

cool now im depressed in nipland

I like it because seeing historical places is amazing. I live in America where we put a historical marker at anything 300 years old and guard it with our lives. But in Europe, you guys have buildings older than that being used for houses and businesses, like its no big deal. I wish I could describe the feeling better but seeing things I read about in a history book with my own two eyes in person is just amazing.

I envy people who can make that connection. Like ancestry and the idea that people before us did things that still exist seems to inspire an actual feeling in them, whereas to me it's just another boring fact.

This faggot again. He posts travel hate threads all the time.

During 3 weeks in Japan this was my experience

My best advice is to just keep moving so you stay busy enough to not feel the void coming on.

normies get traveling out of their system in their 20's - early 30's so they can settle down because they won't be able to as easily with children

meanwhile robots have eternity to travel

I don't understand why people like it so much. I get it if they want to go to Vegas or LA but what the fuck are they gonna do in every country in Europe? Ooo the Eiffel tower wow that sure is worth the +2000 fucking dollars you've spent just to look at it.

t. normie

Attached: 1446510501846.gif (263x239, 351K)

and yet they choose to hide in their room day after day

Meh. I just don't see the appeal. I'd like to go to Colombia because the women are sexy and cocaine is legal, and I've been to Pittsburgh and thought it was tight as fuck. Other than that I could give a shit. For the most part I think people who like to travel can do whatever makes them happy. But, I agree that some people are completely obnoxious about it, and I think that's your main point.

Not everyone is like this but the ones who are are completely insufferable. The're the same type of people who will tell people they went on this grand excursion to a foreign country even though all they did is go out to eat and get drunk in hotels, all the while abusing the staff. Fucking losers.

I want to visit Europe to reconnect with my white heritage since I was robbed of it being born in muttistan

Travelling is a meme. Its pretty fun to see cool shit you don't see everyday but at the end of the day its just seeing cool stuff. People act as if travelling is a transformative experience or something but all it is is just seeing the same shitty people in a different locations. Humans are all the same everywhere.

cool now I'm depressed in niggerland

Attached: 1498082238789.jpg (640x640, 48K)

I'm the opposite of a normie and I'm obsessed with travelling. I want to seek out the remotest natural locations, where normies can't fucking be bothered to go to.

>cocaine is legal
It isn't, you moron. It's cheap and easy to get, but not legal.

same.
kyrgyzstan looks comfy.

Attached: kyrgyzstan-landscape.jpg (724x483, 134K)

It was better before everywhere looked the same. Don't bother visiting cities anymore. Different wildernesses are nice though.

I wish I could, but I hate airports and road trips are boring.

Attached: 1522788091286.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Good taste, I'd love to go to Kyrgyzstan. Comfiest country in central asia.

>muh wh*te heritage
Lol you're neither white or whatever the fuck else is in your blood you fucking mutt. You're nothing but a political statement that your racemixing parents can show off to there friends.

Attached: 1513994061274.png (712x802, 323K)

Yes, exactly this. I know someone who was like that. Never learned the first thing about the place he's ever been, never even went to the major landmarks within walking distance of where he stayed. Even when he stayed months in the same place, didn't pick up a word of the local language, let alone facts like accent or cultural difference between groups in the region, even when they were presented to him daily.
Yet he brags all the time he traveled a lot and tells me I should do that even though I've not only been to significantly more places than him, but I actually learned about these places and their people because I actually did enjoy traveling (mostly with family).

murrican education everybody original

It's not about traveling it is about being pampered for a week straight and doing nothing. It's about attention and shit like that to brag to normies women about.
>So yeah I've been to Hawaii where I saw like local culture sleep with me

Friendly reminder that going to the other side of the world to see cool stuff is stupid if you haven't seen the cool stuff in your own country.

People will spend thousands to see the Taj Mahal, but won't spend an afternoon and 30 quid to see Lincoln Cathedral, which is objectively better.

Attached: FRA0001_N33_wlandscape.jpg (2000x1333, 918K)

That's expensive escapism though. You can just indulge constantly in media consumption for roughly the same success no? Provided you still have the motivation to consume media anyways.

It's a different kind of experience, like watching movies vs palying vidya. With abnb it's not even that expensive anymore but obviously it isn't cheap.

I don't see how you can not like traveling. I personally prefer traveling in Asia

- feel like a celebrity because of all the attention
- see temples, mountains and crowded cities
- escape the boring climate and people of your hometown
- feel like you've actually done something worthwhile for a change, instead of sitting instead and posting day after day

This. I'm a tourist in my own city and I find interesting things all the time. It's surrounded by mountains too so I can go hiking every few weeks without having to spend anything.

I enjoy traveling across the country. Fuck everywhere else, though. I really do not like foreigners. I enjoy going to rural places across my state since they have a crap-ton of cool stuff around.
Meanwhile I could go to a place like Berlin, Paris, Bangkok, Toronto, the Bahamas, whatever the heck, and it would just be full of tourist traps and viscous brown people.

A lot of tourist traps are tourist traps for a reason (they're totally worth visiting). A lot are not, of course. But you usually don't randomly happen upon a tourist trap and it's very easy to find tons of things to do beyond that. Since the cities are sprawling with a long history, they usually have a lot more things to do, especially more meaningful things to do, than the average bumfuck nowhere outpost.

I don't like traveling, it's mostly based on my anxieties, like i can't sleep or be relaxed other than my own place and town. I haven't met anyone who would have same feelings about traveling, even the most backwater NEETs enjoy traveling and think i am weird for not liking it.

Maybe those people have a abillity to imagine themselves in those positions, eras and societies. I know that's what I do when I'm in a place that has a long history.

Like standing in the spot in the Largo di Torre Argentina where Caesar was killed, the man that undoubtedly changed Europe forever was killed 2 feet from where I stand.

Or visiting the Colloseum where so many people came to see people fight each other, exotic animals and condemned be executed in the most grotesque ways.

It helps having a vivid imagination when you're in such spots.

>to get drunk in another country
>to get loads of pics to flaunt on social media

I would travel to experience different landscapes, like diving in the Pacific or seeing Antarctica. Not a big fan of landlocked land stuff, except maybe ruins or a volcano.
Assuming I had too much money and nothing to spend it on.
And presuming there will be no chance to experience space and maybe walk on Mars.

Traveling the world alone sounds unironically comfy
Gotta solve the loneliness somehow

Attached: he cute.png (244x245, 64K)

>i love travel and photography
Literally any female tinder profile
Maybe this is why I can't find a gf, because there's not a single woman that is content with staying close to home.

The same reason you keep playing games that screw you over.

Extreme grief is the key to addiction

>spend 5k+ on trip
>get jet lagged
>everyone is fucking stinky
>get groped by the local rapist
>everyone around you hates you
>spend $40 on shit food
>get extreme diarehha
>spend 18+ hours both ways with crying children
>feel like absolute shit when you get back
>don't want to feel like a loser who just cucked themselves
>"HEY EVERYONE GOING TO _________ WAS THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!"

Attached: f4481cdb6fe6ba6797f670caa2c2a277--keroro-gunso-sgt-frog.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>I cant get a gf because they wont sit still
you really are a special specimen.

Dont reproduce.

Attached: 1485492954124.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

Iono, I went to China and it was mostly fun.

>spend like $1500 or so total for 10 days
>don't get jet lag
>they were horribly ugly though
>everyone stared at me like i was an alien
>people kept taking my picture
>food was cheap and pretty good usually
>flight was long
>felt alright when i got back, went to work the next day

Am I the only robot that would like traveling?

I've always been "grounded" where I live, because I have no money, only once I've traveled to London for a few days and loved it (I'm not british), I have no social media and no desire of posting pics online, I just like to go to unknown places and explore them, haven't even had a real objective I just wandered around looking for interesting stuff, including randomly stumbling into museums to visit.

Attached: 1462886778770.jpg (534x900, 165K)

>being this dense
You on the other hand should just straight up kill yourself.

>people kept taking my picture

wtf?

Attached: 326414181261901825.png (128x128, 25K)

It was crazy, some lady did a quadruple take and just walked backwards staring at me. Some dude snuck a selfie of me at the great wall, people kept randomly snapping photos. Granted I am a muscular white dude with a shaved head, so I stand out but it was pretty nuts. Friend I was with noticed people just stared at me everywhere I went and pointed it out, then I started noticing it.

>loving london
How is that possible lmao was it like 100 years ago? Are you a thousand year old dragon?

Maybe they thought that you're some kind of skin head nazi or something.

They barely know english let alone the intricacies of our culture, especially something like that. They were generally friendly when they approached me, some little girl made funny faces and tried on glasses while trying to make me and a chick I was with laugh. I was one of the few white people around, I saw a handful of white people total, even at tourist areas. Weirdly most of the tourists were chinese from other parts.

Nah I just like being lost, never visited a metropolis before, even went to the major muslim areas, though it was about 8 years ago.

This is the best thing I've read on Jow Forums all year.

I am glad I made your year, it was an interesting experience. I assume I am all over chinese social media during that period with the amount of photos people took.

Traveling alone is fun. You can call it normie all you want, but exploration is nearly a universal interest. Whether its wow nostalgia of walking into Barrens for the first time or recalling a trip to NY, its all tied to a fascination with discovering the unknown.

>in b4 just use google maps

I'd rather go to Egypt than to nipland.

Congratulations you've both ascended autism and discovered a whole new spectrum

I like how I also don't give a fuck about exotic places and scenic views but I don't give a fuck about non-Jow Forums socia media either so I'm in the best of both worlds. Never have to leave my room :^)

I traveled to NY alone for a week. It was a relaxing experience. I had two casual conversations the entire time. Go anywhere user, but go alone. The only time I felt lonely was walking around at night, waiting for a movie screening to start.

Normies are attentionwhore faggots.
However, travelling has attributes which robots can find pleasing.
You are alone, fee people bother you, wandering along wonderful countryside and natural habitats. Sometimes a beer in the abandoned pub or a good local cuisine.

Travelling is the new trend. It allows you to pretend to be "sophisticated" without actually having to learn anything, since the typical locations have figured out how to streamline the experience to suit clueless tourists and extract as much money from them as possible.

Fuck off normalfag. Never post again. Fuck off.

There's a few things I'd like to see such as Pripyat, but otherwise I think it'd be better for everyone if we just stuck to our own turf. Benefit of having just about every environment and biome in the same country I guess.
Why the flying fuck would I visit a country full of "whaitu pigguu go homeru" and weebshit?

I think I'd like to travel but I got not enough energy to get myself motivated to organize all the stuff.

But travelling means experiencing new stuff.
And by that I don't even mean getting in contact with other humans.
Just solely changing the setting is quite nice.
Seeing new visuals, eating new stuff and so on.

Vagabond master race

Travelling alone just isn't fun. You need someone with you on the journey, like maybe it's fun to explore Miami or NYC alone, but getting there is boring as fuck if you are by yourself.

Agree with this. Beyond the fact that it's hard to do activities fully alone without having an inherent ease of talking to people, you get a lot less out of traveling when you can't share it with someone else, be it a friend, family, or a lover.

Elliot kinda pissed me off, didn't see being with family and friends as not being alone and didn't just not appreciate them but he planned to kill them all, yet he thinks a girl should see him as someone worth being around?

If you don't love those who love you then you aren't fit for romance.

>projecting yet again and as usual
Fuck off normalfag

He's not depressed, he's just unattractive.

What's so good about some shitty overcrowded authoritarian island? I already live on one of those

what?

Stay at any international hostel, and at least 60% of people are staying there alone. It's not really weird or boring to go see the world alone at all.

They don't go to have fun traveling. A lot of them are there on business. Those that aren't are there to take selfies.

Travelling's exciting, I'm a sucker for nice scenery and where I live is pretty boring so it's cool to see awe-inspiring places

Because it's an easy way to get normie points

You gotta admit that being depressed in Egypt is far more aesthetic than being depressed in your childhood bedroom.
Question though, are the headrag things mandatory. Why do tourist pictures in Egypt always have the guy wearing that thing?

It's cool to see shit you've never seen before.
>inb4 I can see it on muh screen
In person. It gets me out of my head for a while. I forget about my dead end life temporarily and instead think "hey! What the fuck is that over there?"
Pic related
I lost my job, I don't have any friends, so I drove for an hour out into the hills to clear my head.

Attached: IMG_3078.jpg (1334x750, 216K)

Travel privilege.

50+ middle class couples travel a ton. Normies never get tired of travelling

>go to historic site
>yup thats a monument
>sit around for a week
I seriously don't get the hype

I don't like travelling but I like to go out and explore local spots near me that don't have any people