Nostalgia thread

What do you miss the most about those good old days that are long gone

Attached: nostalgic-happy-meal-toys-feature[1].jpg (700x466, 70K)

Playing N64 with friends..

There were no good days.

For you
(This is very original)

>back when Pizza Hut was a respectable sit down restaurant

I haven't seen a Pizza Hut with indoor dining in years

Attached: pizza hut.jpg (1000x666, 137K)

Everything that was before is terrible. My good days have just started.

Never had vido games only toys

Attached: 1392888433348.jpg (1384x1500, 152K)

Never had video games only toys

Attached: 41XSADDZBML._SY300_.jpg (293x300, 14K)

Never had vidya games, only toys

Attached: _000058_-_snafooz_-_green-2.jpg (320x320, 25K)

Never had vidya gaems, only toys

Attached: 1392355103637.jpg (643x400, 229K)

Never had vidya, only toys

Attached: 1362471319434.jpg (279x400, 32K)

Never played vidya, only toys

Attached: vehicle-puzzle-car-wind-up-play-set-car-track-c19f8.jpg (582x436, 66K)

Never played vidya, only with toys

Attached: weed_leaf_perler_bead_chain_art_by_iretrochainz-d4xwttc.jpg (889x898, 193K)

Never played vidya, just with toys

Attached: ngbbs4f4c99bf03c9c.jpg (600x400, 97K)

Never played vidya, just had toys

Attached: super-stomp-rocket-1.jpg (600x600, 60K)

I used to turn the plastic table upside down and I would sit on it and pretend that I'm having an adventure in the rivers of amazon.
Childhood was quite lonely for me

Attached: 1524080733336.png (1503x1046, 73K)

I fucking had this shit god damn

Never played vidya, just toys

Attached: super_soaker_xp_70.jpg (500x319, 92K)

Never played vidya, just sum toys

Attached: Toys - Matchbox Super Spin Car Wash.jpg (750x703, 66K)

Never played vidya, just som toys

Attached: tumblr_m4ysgvMGA21rrhg9uo1_250.png (250x250, 80K)

I always wanted that as a child, but me mum never bought it

Mind transporting booming vidya and computer age, along with no responsibilities

Attached: duke2_003.jpg (640x480, 292K)

Never played vidya, just some toys

Attached: toys-games-childhood-nostalgia-20.jpg (500x500, 25K)

I played it at day care.

Attached: 1392886145530.jpg (640x469, 103K)

They would sell these at the Dollar Store at my old neighborhood. Got one and put it on my dick just to see how it would feel

Speaking of Dollar stores, did anyone else have a Dollar Tree in their town/city? I used to love that place particularly for their cheap bug catching toys and equipment.
Bug catching in general was pretty nostalgic for me since almost everything there I could afford off a kids allowance.

Attached: bug-collecting-binoculars-and-magnifying-glass[1].jpg (1000x750, 232K)

how did it feaI?

It popped after I squeezed too hard.

I miss having some kind of optimism for life and having hope for the future.
I have a constant feeling that I was supposed to die sometime in the early 2000s, that I was never meant to live this long.

There are 3 pizza huts in my town that all have seating. Do your pizza huts exist as just a kitchen where you place an order and come back or deliver? This makes no sense to me.

Not that poster, but there are some pizza huts here that are literally just a tiny buidling with a kitchen, 3 chairs for waiting and just one tiny plastic table and a register.
They just do carryout orders and delivery so I believe him.
They

I too had toys as a lad

Attached: wooden train toy.jpg (540x387, 55K)

Nothing, I was depressed as a kid (supposedly) and I don't really remember any toy or whatever that was especially good, so eh.

Attached: ThisSkeletonSeemsAngry.jpg (900x900, 57K)

Was thinking the other day. Its been sunny people have started cutting grass and I was walking home and thinking how nice it was.

I ever understood why people liked the smell so much. I even found it kinda gross as a kid. but that's it. its pure nostalgia. playing outside with your friends,, summer evenings

yeah this. I know of at least two branches that are purely for delivery within a few miles of my house

I get this feeling a lot while walking home from work in the spring time. It has a lot of overlap with the route I took to elementary school.

why does this thread hit on the nail on the head?

>be me
>i'm an attorney
>work 10-11 hours a day, commute an additional 2-3, 5-6 days a week
>mountain of debt
>no time to really enjoy anything
>think about how easy life was
>think about friends and how much fun it was to go outside and bike and play tag
>getting out of school at 2:30 on a friday, knowing you have no homework and no school monday
>your buddies are coming over for pizza and vidya
>felt you had the world by the balls

i wish that feeling would come back and stay.

Attached: feelsvirginoil.png (768x1024, 87K)

idk if anyone will respond to me or if my feels will resonate with anyone else, but i will continue

>go see my best friend
>he is always on his phone
>we're hanging at my place one time
>im laughing, telling him a story that i know he would enjoy
>look over
>hes on his phone
>he looks up
>"what was that?"
>say nothing
>remember hes a loser who cares more about his rp character and his online wrestling federation RP
>can't even connect with him anymore i feel like. its like, "why bother trying"

anyone reading?

man those times when I would just do stupid shit outside with my friend when we were kids. way before school was difficult, way before weed or any of that bullshit. just running around, climbing here and there, playing with toy guns. where are those times

this is the ultimate feels thread. i read a study that said most people peak at ages 9-11. fuck

>Read about people who died, as kids, from natural causes in the 90s/early 2000s
>Find myself getting jealous

Attached: 1451719215082.jpg (504x470, 98K)

long gone my friend

some days, there will be smells that will bring me back to my childhood or early teens

>come outside after a fresh rain
>the smell of flourishing trees and grass with the scene of fresh rain flood my senses
>remember running out my front door as a kid to see other friends just as excited that the rain finally stopped
>the warm sun as a reminder theres plenty of day left
>open my eyes
>i'm not a kid
>early 30s
>slightly overweight
>slightly balding
>slightly happy

I can almost hear the sound of bicycle wheels rolling over damp pavement and soaked leaves.

Attached: feels closed eyes.jpg (205x246, 6K)

one of my most fondest memories was way back in Dec 2003.
I remember waking up the christmas morning opening up my gifts. They were just a few computer games for my PC and a bike. Later on would I would spend that christmas dinner eating some good food and then spend the rest of the night gaming/ browsing forums. Then waking up the next morning and having fun with my friends in the snow that came. We'd fuck around in the snow then play more vidya with each other.

I don't think i ever will be that happy and content with life again.

Attached: 1418984737196.jpg (425x755, 62K)

This. I can think of maybe a 6 month period of my life that I could call that. No more.

Speaking of video games, what happened to them? I've been out of the loop ever since late 2012, but it's rare that I've heard anything good. It sounds like everything except for a few indie and Japanese games has gone to shit. Although speaking of the Jap games, Kid me would've never believed that Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Halo, and Yu-Gi-Oh would've all went to shit.

>I miss having some kind of optimism for life and having hope for the future.
This. All my optimism turned to fear. Fear that the future was going to just gonna get worse and worse, not just for me but for the whole country and the world. Used to feel like 9/11 and the few years after it was the shittiest it was ever gonna get but I'd rather have those years back than now and I can't even put a finger on why. Everything just seems so dead now. People just acting like everything isn't as bad as it is.

>halo
>jap game
Master Chief is no dirty nip

Oh shit, I seem to have switched from listing "jap games that I loved" to "games that I loved".

What was Jow Forums's favorite N64 game of their childhood

Attached: nintendo_64_logo_by_ggrock70-d350g4s[1].png (900x877, 56K)

that feels hit me hard

banjo kazooie, 007 goldeneye, starfox 64,
i can't name a favorite and i want a new n64 so i can play all those games again

Attached: 1421307846634.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Probably Pokemon Stadium 2 and Paper Mario.

I would play them almost every evening on summer vacation when I was at home.

i went through a phase last year where i bought a N64, golden eye, zelda, etc and the games definitely didn't hold up. kinda sad

>be me
>be not probably 7 yrs old at the time
>that moment when Steve from Blues Clues left the show
>never really cared for Blues Clues but for some reason seeing him say goodbye to the audience and never be seen again on the show again made me kind of sad

Attached: 893cc35cfcb91eed5c76fdc08f6b52ee[1].gif (470x359, 812K)

I did the same thing with a copy Pokemon Crystal and a refurbished GBC a while ago.
I couldnt get into it and alot of aspects of the game I didnt care about as a kid annoyed the fuck out of me as an adult.
I couln't reignite the magic I felt of playing the game for the first time way back.
It just wasn't the same.

I agree. Things feel a lot more foreboding now and it's pretty blatant. It's fucked up how good the early 2000s look compared to now. I think back then there was at least the illusion of hope. 2007 it started to noticeablye decline, by '08 the writing was on the wall.

Attached: There is nowhere you can run.jpg (477x284, 20K)

just another reason that i feel dead inside at times

*noticeably decline

Storytime anons? I'd be very interested in hearing what went well and what didn't.

Anyone else remember this shit?
I miss when food companies experimented by making stuff like this.

Attached: CFfpf3ZUMAAHvOU[1].jpg (600x400, 56K)

early 2000s junkfood was crazy

Attached: aA1x4d2_700b[1].jpg (458x312, 35K)

I don't get to deflower nearly as many virgin girls as I used to.

Not much of a story.

One day I was pretty bummed out and started thinking about good times I had during my childhood before it all went to shit. Then I remembered the feeling I had when I got a copy of PKMN Crystal and a new GBC for christmas way back in 2000. Haven't played a pokemon game in over a decade so I went on ebay and bought a copy and a refurbished GBC hoping to have some fun with one of my top favorite games of my childhood.

Needless to say....it wasn't the same. The game itself did not age well and it ended up being a waste of money since I never touched it again afterwards.

Attached: 20171001171626_1.jpg (1024x768, 108K)

>when you eat too much EZ squirt

Attached: Xo0Z0lT[1].jpg (600x600, 148K)

>tfw you're the person all your friends "grew out of" no matter who you met or what age group as you were getting older

>Kingdom Hearts
>Went to shit
What

Apparently these are like super rare and costs a shit ton on ebay.

Attached: 35-things-from-your-childhood-that-are-extinct-now-1-7023-1464108349-14_big[1].jpg (355x236, 12K)

I think this was ahead of its time. It tasted like ketchup, but because it was different color people said it affected the flavor somehow

I actually found them on a sketchy looking market site but they're probably expired and inedible
>has a massive following and presence for wanting them back online
>altoids with their heads up their asses

Yeah but they've all turned into just a congealed mass coated in sugary syrup and have a terrible taste. Sad really.

Yeah I actually had that experience as well.

The green one seemed like it had a spicy undertaste to it, despite it just being regular ketchup with just green food color

Those are just a shittier version of Cavendish

Attached: cavendish-drops-orange-128529-im[1].jpg (580x580, 64K)

I have no idea what I even really miss from that period.

Things are different now, but i dont want to go back. Anything that really makes me nostalgia I can afford to buy at random, but I choose not to since most of the time the things I had as a kid were fucking stupid and not fun now

Playing Beyblades at the park

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

If you're the N64 user above I don't want to discourage you from replaying those games. My experience wasn't that great because Pokemon is kind of over rated and is vulnerable to becoming outdated bcause of it rehashed formula.
but I wouldnt spend the money on buying physical copies of them since retard game sellers just end up ripping people off.

Just install an emulator. Its actually alot better.

How easy it was to make friends.

Hoooooooly shit
I forgot about beyblades. Almost every boy at my elementary school had these.

I had a moment like that.
When I tried Crystal Pepsi I really thought it tasted kind of citrusy but I guess it's because only those kind are clear.

They aren't worth a huge price at this point. They just become a melted mound

Remember how things used to be fun? You'd pull that cord through the spinner attachment thing then your Beyblade would fall out into the arena and spin around and fight each other. It was so fun, you almost felt like you were the Beyblade doing the fighting, and you cared about the outcome of the battle.

Nothing is fun like that anymore. Nothing feels so significant despite being a trivial game with plastic toys. Maybe our brains just change as we get older. Regardless, it's disappointing and I wish I could still feel fun

I haven't had fun for many years, even when I do the same things I used to do.

>Born in 1992
>Era I'm most nostalgic for is the early 2010's, probably because I can't remember much before then

Attached: 2011 v.jpg (1920x1080, 1.9M)

I know what you mean.

Idk if im just depressed or what but im sick of feeling this way. I want to be happy and optimistic about life again but its so hard because things seem so shitty now.

Attached: d53ed2bb25291c7610ee942f5a7e334f[1].jpg (736x552, 260K)

> Be me in prymary school
> had 4 close friends
> we had a little forest in the back of our playground
> played hide and seek
> had swordfights with sticks
> threw spiders we found in the forest at girls to make them scream.
> throwed rocks at beehives and ran away when they fell down
> happiest time i can remember
> fast forward to now*
> haven't heard from them in more then a decade
> complete failure at life
> no real friends
> walked past my old primary school
> Notice the forest behind it is gone
> replaced with a parking lot
> tfw

Attached: e55.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

>> walked past my old primary school
>> Notice the forest behind it is gone
>> replaced with a parking lot
Damn that's rough user

The rare games were big for me as a kid. Zelda too of course. We used to rent the cartridges at the dvd store down the road. Bought a few when they went out of business, I still have the first account from the last kid who rented it on there.
I had to get new controllers because all of my analogs were fucked from my brother throwing them around + Mario party spinning minigames. That one where you're fishing and reel coins in really fucked them up.

The slow gameplay doesn't hold up when you're not an 8 year old child waiting a whole year just for one game that you flog the ever-loving shit out of.

Nintendo games were alright, but I was more of a playstation kid back in the day.
Sony was ahead of the game when they reliazied that CD roms were just superior to cartridges for games.

Attached: Sony-PlayStation-logo-610152[1].jpg (620x420, 17K)

DUDE WEED LMAO
0r3g@n0

>The game itself did not age well
This is the interesting bit. Tell us about what went wrong with it.

I felt none of that. You fired and forgot.

>iv never seen a sit down Pizza Hut
>half the pizza huts in my area have closed in the past few years

Halo 3 and fortnite season 3

dump of truth boi

Attached: tumblr_mrpmppfvnJ1qjfaqjo1_500[1].gif (500x375, 297K)