Do you think people would reconsider killing themselves if a sign told them to?

Do you think people would reconsider killing themselves if a sign told them to?

Attached: 42156569-1EFC-4B55-A237-9101EF39D05A.jpg (1200x800, 167K)

their mind is so fucked up it might as well save them

>the consequences of jumping from this bridge are fatal
This sounds like the sign is encouraging I jump

One day you realize 90% of mental help and intervention is to make society and normies feel better, not to actully help the sufferer.

The only people that this sign would stop are ones doing it for attention. And it wouldn't be the sign that stopped them, they weren't gonna do it anyway. All the anti-suicide and crisis help ads are made for these people.

No. If someone's gonna kill themselves I don't think a bitch ass sign is going to stop them. I really don't. I wouldn't even read it. Ide just jump off and be on my merry way.

Won't matter one the Hawaii tsunami hits that bridge

i dont know. in korea, they put a bunch of shit onto mapo bridge to dissuade jumpers and maybe those stats have gone down but the national numbers have not. pic rel is a sign at mapo bridge that says 'the breeze sure is nice' and its encouraging to me in a melancholy way and would make me feel twice but im also not suicidal. i dont know how someone truly on the edge would take that message

Attached: Mapo_Bridge.png (1914x1274, 1.94M)

A sign that says "ur mum gay if you jump off this bridge" might

yeah why not

i think user

Attached: 39.jpg (3000x2000, 1.8M)

>tfw want cute gf
>insecurities is her cheating on me with monkey like this and sending me a pic or snapchat video of her enjoying a BBC

Oh well. I live in a area that people are kind of racists towards blacks, so maybe I will be fine.

Attached: 1436104223588.jpg (234x250, 10K)

Well, perhaps. The government went through the effort of putting up the sign. But they don't put in the number. That might be the final push needed.

>don't kill yourself, life is worth living, you still have things to do!
>okay, I won't die, but what should I do now
>lol i dunno fuck off

Yes why do u axe

>the consequences of jumping from this bridge are fatal
Thanks for the confidence boost lol

I'm actually almost completely sure of that, I've heard nothing but horror stories and failed rehabilitation/care stories coming from those institutions.

Evidently not as they are in the process of installing a net structure to discourage future jumpers. The design is kinda half assed though. It's supposed to be 20 feet below the bridge and extend 20 feet out. Nothing at all to stop you from climbing down to the net and hopping off the end of it.

>sending you a video of her enjoying bbc
Do you think this actually happens

That kinda situation is highly unlikely and you'd know if your gf is the kinda person to do that to you if you can read people at all.

It's okay user.

Attached: 1526414947387.png (868x1228, 943K)

Its tough to convince someone not to kill themselves when the rewards for continuing to live is mediocrity.

Nothing special happens in this world. There are no amazing events to be a part of. Just a few moments that you too can bear witness to like Elon Musk sending a sports car into space with a mannequin in the driver seat and things like that are hardly worth mentioning. In the timeline of human history that wouldn't even be a footnote.

Attached: 1524922427432.jpg (1440x2960, 260K)

>scan the post
>"sissy"
Miss me with that gay shit.

>they don't just have a phone sitting there that goes directly to whatever sort of crisis counseling is needed

Faggots would abuse the shit out of if I think, but still.

If I lived in SF I'd fucking kill myself too. Parking is a nightmare and even if you find a spot, a gook immigrant that the liberals enslaved to do their dirty work will leave a parking ticket because you don't have a super special permit and they dash away in their faggy little mini eco friendly police car before you could call them a Chinaman.

Glad I left, the average day there is to wake up when the sun is bright enough to shine through the fog that's fucking everywhere and to leave your $4,000 1 bedroom apartment only to find a homeless guy jacking off in front of the entrance. Then you get on the bus to go to school or work and there's two homeless guys fighting over a cheeseburger and a crazy nigger talking about how baseball is satanic. Someone got their phone stolen by the nigger who was trying to get to the Popeyes near the Fillmore (aka niggerville) but tough shit, they have signs on the bus saying that if you get your shit stolen, its your fault. You get to school or work and there's a bunch of homeless people sleeping in the park and doing crystal meth; the best everyone could do is avoid it. After you get out, you think you think there might be a bar or restaurant near by thats good but after driving through the neighborhood lined up with tents homeless people bought, you go to an Italian restaurant entirely owned by Vietnamese immigrants where the food is shit. Your day was shit so you thought giving these homeless people some money would make you feel better but then they hand you a business card. They literally made a business begging for money from beanboys. You get home and just want to relax but the Chinese neighbors are too busy yelling in mandarin. You go to bed and just have to feel glad that people think your shithole is the best place in the US when it would be better to move to Sacramento and halve the living expense.

Attached: 1516964751326.png (637x633, 452K)

You're probably just overstimulated and jaded. Just realizing that everything I do is because of my past events, genetics, surroundings and other circumstances makes me feel pretty intrigued by life. It means that myself and everyone else are truly unique individuals and that each even kinda good moment is basically lightning in a bottle.

I just hope they don't install the nets along the sides that they proposed

Saving a buch of faggots lives is not worth spoiling the aesthetics of that find landmark

Are you saying your life is amazing and worth living because you took a shit at 2:33PM instead of 1:46PM like your coworker? Wtf kind of desperate affirmation is that?

This. it confirms that it is relatively reliable at least. I still wouldn't risk it. I'd go for a higher bridge.

>"There is hope. Make the call"
>no phone number provided

Not necessarily, I can't rewire my mind to find taking shits interesting but I already liked feeling grateful and lucky so every time I do something half-way smart or cool I feel extra good about it because if any of a trillion different variables were slightly different that would had not happened. Even just not heaving and feeling terrible pain every single time I breathe was down to some unlikely events and that's fascinating in a way. It makes me want to find out more about what crazy shit chaos theory has in story for planet Earth.

no, i imagine those signs would be covered in graffiti telling the person to ignore the sign and do it

>normalqueer notices a jumper
>calls cops
>5 squad cars aim their guns at the jumper and tell him not to do it

>be driving in the northern highlands of Arizona
>pass over a smallish canyon
>park to see the view
>signs for suicide hotlines and shit
>no signal there
I always thought that it must suck having a tiny second thought about offing yourself and seeking helo only to realize that you really are alone.

>don't jump or i'll shoot
Brilliant.

>Dr. Manhattan: Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing. And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle.
>Laurie Juspeczyk: But... if me, my birth, if that's a thermodynamic miracle... I mean, you could say that about anybody in the world!
>Dr. Manhattan: Yes. Anybody in the world... But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away. Come... dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home.

>The consequences of jumping from this bridge are fatal.
No shit, Sherlock! Why do you think people jump off the fucking bridge? Dive and have a swim?

Attached: Confused Nick Young.jpg (600x512, 25K)

I think that if I was ever in a bad enough spot to actually go and get ready to jump I'd feel personally insulted by that sign to suggest that some cunt on the phone can tell me anything worthwhile.

What does this mean lol

Probably because it's more than god would ever do, but also if they're that depressed anyway it's really just a prolonging of suffering anyways.

Yeah i was locked at a crisis center for 3 days in highschool. I showed up because i wanted counseling for depression. they shoved me in anyways.
It was mostly a meme, i fucked around the whole time but the whole thing turned me off to professional help for a long long time
Will answer any questions.

Seriously, if they want to disuade people from jumping, they should say something like "the majority of jumpers from this bridge, actually survive the initial impact and go on to live severely disabled lives.

The world doesn't change because normies post a sign. They just like to think it would. Signs are just another way normies try to control other people. If anything that sign would probably encourage people to jump just to spite the normos trying to control them again.

Someone needs to make a "They Live" edit of this.

Didn't they gave a bridge with photos of happy people on it at one point? It quadrupled suicides off of it.

>this sign was probably installed by some Chad contractor for $100K

in that state of mind? maybe, it takes a lot of will power to kill yourself and any little thing could be enough to make you stop

>seriously just fucked up in the head
>think about killing myself every day
>just constantly think about doing drastic shit
>just always constantly, my head is full of self destructive thoughts
>try to get help for this, so I see a therapist, so I tell him all of these things about me being lonely, not having any friends, terrible self esteem
>recommends I go to a psychiatrist for anti depressants
>yeah dude you have a reason to be depressed and mind wracked you live alone you're 24 and everything about your childhood is fucked medications won't help, seek therapy
>go back to therapist, she is absolutely dumbfounded that the psychiatrist denied me my proper care of just injecting me with pills

Attached: 1526246938620.jpg (1043x1500, 177K)