I don't get the appeal of STALKER, what is it that people like about it?

I don't get the appeal of STALKER, what is it that people like about it?

Attached: -1026704281.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7jVTut3-g
youtu.be/4fXPxR3biFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

interesting NPCs, hostile environment, mystery, being able to travel around the exclusion zone is nice even if it isnt 100% faithful, many of the same reasons i enjoy new vegas

it's very comfy especially if you are slav

Attached: 1487048470246.jpg (600x833, 50K)

the environment i guess. but when i tried to play it i found out that it's almost completely linear so i quit

those games suck dude

The film is good, pls watch it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7jVTut3-g

Attached: C3FB4F59-EF39-4407-9059-D84B23FACE4B.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

There is really no reason to play them these days. They were unique enough at the time to overlook their many flaws and bugs because they offered a lot of charm, but everything that was good about them has been superseded. They are decade old bugfests with some funny memes.

Not gonna lie, it's too difficult for me. I don't like it because I can't get past the first mission.

Fallout New Vegas is better.

youtu.be/4fXPxR3biFg

Play Call of Pripyat with Complete Mod. Problem solved. You get 2 and a half sandboxes full of anomalies, apocalyptic emissions, mutants and slavs squatting near bonfires. Sometimes all of them at once.

The games have fantastic weather effects, especially with mods that are being released to this day. There are other appealing things like the progression system. You don't get XP, but as you play more and more you start to figure out how the game world works. Get better equipment, develop some tactics to flank your enemies etc. It is a very natural sort of progression that's not simply buying a new ability that lets you press F to initiate a takedown or whatever. The desolate and merciless world is quite appealing as a setting. It permits for a great sense of immersion and while the graphics are quite dated, the lighting manages to hide its age a lot of the time.

The devs are long disbanded, torrent Shadow of Chernobyl with the latest patches, turn off the crosshairs, set the difficulty to Master since it makes combat easier and enjoy yourself.

>almost completely linear
>you can run straight to the end of the game and ignore 90% of the game content
Did you even play the game?

Tried it once, shot a guy 4 times in a chest with a pistol, he didn't die so i uninstalled.
Human bullet sponges are a huge turn off for me.

This is why you set the difficulty to master, all bullets do more damage, the enemies and your own.

What difficulty were you playing on, anyways you get better weapons as you progress.

Pistols take 4+ torso shots on enemies even on Master. You aren't actually supposed to use pistols in STALKER, they are joke weapons.

Its a subpar game that Ruskieboos always chat about. Probably because its one of the few games their aging window's 98 machine can run.

It's bleak, rough, miserable. It's full of danger with many unsavoury characters and many different factions with their own goals and ideologies. The zone is place that people from all walks of life come to for fame, riches and the secrets it possesses.

Attached: 1493382127278.gif (600x534, 166K)

>he didn't completely stealth the army base mission in ShoC using a silenced pistol

Attached: 1523875926990.png (900x844, 274K)

>pull out silenced pistol
>point it at some army sucker 10 meters away
>unload a full magazine at his head
>every shot misses
>move ahead to 1 meter away
>every shot misses
>physically touch his back
>one shot connects, by the time I finish reloading I've had to eat through 20 "diet" sausages to tank all the damage I'm taking
>one hour, 10358 bullets, 27 silenced pistols, 100 scientific medkits, 357 bandages, 137 tourist's delight and 3 vodkas later, he is finally dead
Heh, nothing personnel, army man.

Actually the zone mostly attracts mercenaries and violent criminals looking to make a quick buck

I think this is totally wrong, SoC is still a genuinely unique experience that I think everyone should try to play, there isn't really anything else like it

All you had to do was aim down the sights :^)

Sounds like you didn't get any mods. Play vanilla first to get the hang of things down as well as the original aspects of the game, then mod the shit out of it. Also the atmosphere and comfiness is god tier, has some sweet weather and lighting effects if your machine can run it too.
Pistols are pretty great in Misery though, especially the ones from Nimble.

I don't even know what mods to use, tho.

How is this standalone mod? Call of Chernobyl I think?

So look that shit up, CS has the least though.
It's good, but you have to mod it. Also you need Call of Pripyat on your computer to play it.

Anyone here hyped for metro exodus?

Attached: B2416682-E5E6-4762-99DE-83C8F8F208B8.jpg (1920x1080, 961K)

How are Metro games if I want the Stalker atmosphere?

Not really, I have a feeling it'll be as linear as the former games.

Nah you don't need call of pripyat anymore. There's a guide on the stalker general where you can run Call of Pripyat by adding in an extra line into the shortcut.

Little bit, yeah.
Much more linear but still plenty of atmosphere to go around. Redux graphics are better but I personally like the original aesthetic more, not nearly as bright. Plus some of the guys who made Shadow of Chernobyl made Metro alongside the author.

If it's not going to be set mostly on Moscow metro, not really.

Okay, time to dig in

It's an open world, sandboxy fps with unique setting. Bleak slav imagery is exotic round here so that helps too.

Attached: vitun_pseudogiant.jpg (720x482, 89K)