I heard Yanny yesterday, now I hear Laurel

I heard Yanny yesterday, now I hear Laurel.

Same device, same headphones.

Is this a meme?

Attached: yanny-laurel-science-explanation-01-320x180.jpg (320x180, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I heard Jerry

I heard laurel until watching that video where it says "yanny" before playing the clip.

i heard ianni

If you hear yanny there's a chance you've got an extra chromosome.

Attached: despair.jpg (735x851, 82K)

covfefe you redskin

It's just a stupid trick. Both names are embedded in the file, one in a lower frequency and one in higher. There's a page that does some simple filtering on it so you can hear both.

>There's a page that does some simple filtering on it so you can hear both.
I can still only here Laurel.

All that I keep hearing in that record:
"Kill them, kill them for lord Satan!"

No. You hear different things because reality needs to pass by various filters, be it our ears, eyes and eventually gets processed by your brain. It's why there's a very real chance what you perceive as reality, is not actually reality as it is, but reality as you perceive it to be.

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html
So with this thing, you can change the frequencies to make in more easier to hear one or the other, but the weird thing is that if I can only hear Yanny if I put it all the way to the Yanny side, but if I slowly move it closer to Laurel I can still hear Yanny, but at a certain point it goes back to Laurel, but If I move it back to Yanny, I no longer hear Yanny until I get all the way to the right-most side.

Grandpa, get off the internet

This, dumb fucks.
You're an earlet.

>but the weird thing
It's not that weird, it depends on what your brain expects to hear. As is with everything.

>tfw can hear any at will
Ask as ubermensch anything.

Attached: .jpg (558x744, 45K)

>an
fix
How the fuck did i make a typo like that, these keys aren't even close.

It's the same for me except with Laurel. I only hear Laurel when I pull it all the way to the left, but then I only hear yanny when I'm back in the middle again.

He's such an ubermensch, distances between keys don't matter to him.

am i the only one who hears "yerry"?

>normies forcing yet another stupid meme

If you hear Yanny you might genuinely be retarded. Even if you could theoretically hear both, the fact your brain doesn't choose to interpret it as an actual word should be extremely concerning to you.

Yanny is a name. And it's obvious both played at once.

glad im not the only one who heard this