What does Jow Forums think of rucking? Is it a good excercise?

What does Jow Forums think of rucking? Is it a good excercise?

Attached: B83CB135-F0AC-46C1-B8B8-214D997DF5DC.jpg (644x408, 84K)

Its pretty fun if you do it with a group of guys and will definitely get your leg workout out of it. Just did one about a month ago for March Of The Fallen; carried a 95lb ruck for 4.7 miles. Slept a whole day after that shit.

Good leg and back workout, does cardio as well. Can fuck your knees tho

Important if you want to be comabt arms in the military otherwise it fucks you up bad longterm

i think it's alright, but do not run with the ruck. you will just fuck yourself up over time.

its not as good as it seems, the benefits or walking longer are way better than adding weight.

No you'll have no cartilage in your knees if you do it too much.

Yes, it is godtier cardio, but don't go too heavy if you aren't used to it.

Do not ruck, your knees and in severe cases like special ops the lower discs of your spine will suffer late in life.

It's great if you want to not walk after 50yo

It's a good way to just fuck your shit up for life, specifically your knees and back. Most military training is shit and will tear down your body rather than build it up.

Go fast paced hiking instead.

everything you are not used to and overdo can fuck you up

Should I still not do it even if I'm prepping for the military? I want to go spec ops and it seems like something important to prepare for.

star with light weight and slow movement, the up it over time

Enjoy your fucked back and knees.
t. Marine

WTF a whole day? A 4.7 mile ruck with that weight is fucking nothing dude.

Will destroy your knees, don’t do it

LOL never say that out loud when you get to basic. I mean never and not to anybody, people like you are a fucking living meme and you will be made fun of and get a rough go for being so dumb. It's like before buying your first bicycle you said you were signing up for the X-Games.

I'm not an American, in my country you sign up to the special ops units right off the bat, and don't have to go through other units.

I'm not American either, but let me get this straight, you apply for special operations without knowing if you can actually handle the military, without knowing radio procedures, how to maintain and use a rifle, drive any military vehicle, first aid courses, basic military jargon, how to read a map, designate grids, do an all arms call for fire, learning any battle tracking or how to read units and equipment symbols, basic pathfinding, winter warfare or survival at all? All these are basic things any soldier should know before even thinking of being in a special forces unit.

Where the fuck do you live ?

Attached: Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

It beats drowning, but not much else.

When you put it like that, it does sound kind of stupid...

In America special forces contracts do exist, called 18X. The 18 meaning special forces and the X meaning you will be assigned a role in the 18 series after you have been selected. I have always seen these contracts as a way to trap sorry motherfuckers into the army for 8 years though.

First you would go to infantry basic/osut, then you will go to airborne school, then you will probably be a holdover before going to selection. If you do not make it through selection you will be given a random MOS (job) based on the needs of the army, could be infantry, could be cook or anything in between. If you do make it through selection and the rigorous 2-year training pipeline to earn a green beret then congratulations you are an operator.

Not sure if that translates well to your country's methods but that is how it works here. However, someone who does not have the contract could still volunteer to go ranger or special forces if they have the opportunity when going through their training.

No since you went to infantry osut, that's your mos if you fail out of selection.

If it's like ny country, you still go to basic training and right when you finish basic you go to spec ops training

Wrong. The army will send your ass to that AIT if it is NOA. I have known guys who failed out of it, were given a chance at ranger, some were just sent to airborne infantry units, some were sent to AIT to be cooks or generator mechanics. Hell there is even a cook NCO who was a marine that tried his hand at special forces in the army and is not stuck in the DFAC for probably the next 3 years.

T. someone finally ETSing out of this shithole organization in a couple of months

*now stuck

It's a good way for a POG to claim 100% at the VA