How do i get more confident at bench press?

How do i get more confident at bench press?

I just don't want to put the weight up to what's difficult in case i kill myself.

I'm not asking a random person to spot either, i don't trust them and its pretty rude to interrupt someones work out like that.

Attached: fit bench arm snap.webm (1280x720, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgYDfporX00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Drag a bench to a power rack and bench inside of that

>but I’m scared people will tell me off for doing that
>my gym doesn’t have benches you can move

Then buy a home gym or find a new gym

Idk, I feel the same way with DLs. Some things just scare you, I don't think you can get over them. In any case, a power rack will probably alleviate all your doubts if you have access to that..

Flat bench press is a bullshit exercise that will throw off your proportions. Also you will gain nothing from 1 rep maxes we got fork lifts bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgYDfporX00

I mostly do DB press but im up to 30kg on each side and its just ridiculous, like im benching fucking tyres.

But bench is an established exercise that i want to do as part of a wider routine so i don't see the problem with benching.

>that guy that doesn’t do the main lifts

Why wouldn’t you? I am not saying you should spam them, but they’re a really great indication of your strength compared to the rest of the world.

I do all the main lifts once a week to check how strong I am, meanwhile I still do mostly all the other more fine tuning lifts for aesthetics like Front Squats, Weighted Dips, etc.

Jesus christ that's horrendous. I'm doing 2pl8 benches and even with that weight, it's getting uncomfortable. Thinking about getting a power rack or something.

You can hip thrust the weight from your stomach to a pin.

Thats what i do usually

God youre pussies. When you work out enough youll be comfortable with the weight you know you can bench. Or youll be able to tell if youll fail the rep before you do based on your performance during your set. You find your limits by lifting so just fucking go bench babyweight and work up until you find out where it is fags

What a fucking dyel.

Was going to post this.

30kg of each side of each dumbbell? So a 120kg dumbbell bench?

Unless you're benching 305+ you aren't going to hurt yourself. 225lbs can rest on your chest easily.

SMITH PRESS

benching in a power rack or squat rack is totally fine, people understand that you don't want to kill yourself and are happy they don't have to spot you

as long as you're benching actual weight yes

Because we got forklifts and big pecs throw off big delts traps proportioned needed for aesthetics.

How the fuck does this even happen? Ive never felt remotely uncomfortable benching even without a spotter. He must have been activating the wrong muscles if his arm was able to just swing back like that

Attached: 1522450349258.png (856x846, 85K)

> i don't trust them and its pretty rude to interrupt someones work out like that.

No one cares, its pretty hard to fuck up spotting, even in the videos like you posted or that Russian guy dying form suicide grip there's jack shit a spot can do. The worst thing a spot can do is fuck up your set by coming in early.

People are going to be resting between sets and honestly they'll usually approach YOU if it looks like you're struggling.

Unless you're putting up above 2pl8 you can just roll of shame it off yourself or even dump the weight by going no clip.

Its embarrassing but that's what you get if you're too pig headed to ask for a spot.

You must be a dyel since once you've failed bench all fear of it "crushing" you is gone, you're not putting up 3pl8.

how do I set the pins ? If I set them too high I cant touch my chest however if I go lower they wont help will they ? or is this assuming I have a pretty big arch ? I am seriously curious because I never benched in the Powerrack but the weight is starting to get heavier for me so I might have to start.

>Roll of shame

lmao I did this once and the plates flung off the barbell, slammed so fucking hard that it dented the grounded and the plates

Never again will I Bench without a powerrack and safeties again.

>roll of shaming when you don't have clips on
Why didn't you just dump it?

"Hey can you give me a spot?" Thanks.

I'm getting close to 3 plate and am a literal turbo autistic that would never let someone at my gym spot me (dyels and the dyel pts/instructors at my gym will fucking raise it for you without you even asking for at the slightest signal of struggle).

The roll of shame is getting heavier and heavier and i am legit curious about at what weight it will fuck me up. I weight 160-165 lbs.

you just expect to die every set
accept it

seriously tho if you are asking this then you aren't cut out for training heavy stick to 1pl8

I find decline bench to be the thinking man's chest exercise. I never get stuck in the hole because the angle you have with the bar literally forces it up. Much easier to control bigger weight. Plus I'm basically a milk factory since I've started.

If the benches have a top and bottom peg or place to rack it lower than starting it’ll be easy to put back on even if you fail. Ive fucked up bad on last reps but I can always get it to the lower one and you probably can too

Was that his rotator cuff going sayonara?

just keep getting those roll of shame linear gains lmao