Got beaten up today

Sup Jow Forums I got my shit kicked in in a boxing match today. The guy I fought is 6'1 200lbs, I'm 5'9 185lbs. Neither of us had any previous experience boxing before this. Rematch is in a month. I'm determined to kick his ass next time. What can I do in this time to prepare against a larger opponent?

I can ohp 165 for 1 and deadlift 455 for 1. This ain't much but I've seen him lift before and he's nowhere near as strong as me.

I have access to a gym, a swimming pool, a bike, and a boxing bag, but that's about it. Can't really afford boxing lessons or a boxing gym.

>inb4 manlet, I'll never beat him, etc

Attached: 15-30-53-1522855043992.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Stronger at lifts =/= force applied

find a boxing/mma gym and get coached on how to fight

Watch every episode of hajime no ippo then update this thread when you've finished

Go to boxing gyms for a free trial

Unironically this, hajime no ippo is what got me into boxing in the first place.

Attached: f79c0fbd6299fd348f2171d1b8751371.gif (500x300, 1.96M)

Do a boxing workout if you want to be a better boxer. I do Muay Thai and can confidently wreck people bigger than me because I know how to fight. Don’t care how much you can bench if I catch you on the chin you’re going to sleep

Very motivating , cant wait for more

Attached: 1523144326241.png (785x588, 661K)

user I...

Tomorrow's Joe is better

They cant leave it how they did, they have to make more? Gonna read the mango anyway but still...

>I can ohp 165 for 1 and deadlift 455 for 1. This ain't much but I've seen him lift before and he's nowhere near as strong as me.

and this matters in a boxing match how? he's gonna fuck you up again because he's bigger and longer and possibly just naturally a better fighter

First of all, congratulations on having the guts to step into the ring. Why don't you fuckingb learn to box, even watching the stuff on expertboxing should help. Where are you that boxing lessons are too expensive?

better story
animation is garbage

Ill watch some soon

>What can I do in this time to prepare against a larger opponent?
Grow a couple inches

Try learning to box, homey. Move your head.

Watch some Mike Tyson fights, he was shorter than pretty much everybody he fought & he murdered them.

Well what did you do wrong in the maych? Were you too tired? Did you actually land your hits? Did you dodge? Only thing you can do is try and learn boxing on your own which is extremely difficult if you dont have a partner and dont actually pratice. Even if you try and learn on your own, chances are you will forget evrrythimg when ur in the ring unless u actually spar with someone else. So basically bulk to a higher weight and actually train with someone

>6'1
>5'9
Never learn

Mike Tyson was just as short and easily beat guys way taller than 6'1".

he was a little taller and got fucked up by rangy fighters of equal skill level

ok but he was also a physiological freak. dude was basically a sperg except with fast twitch muscles instead of being able to count by prime numbers

Not op but what is the going rate for boxing/mma gyms? I’ve got one that’s reasonably close to me and it’s 100/month for group classes drop in anytime. Really been wanting to start but dunno if that’s too expensive. They also have very limited hrs Saturday and closed Sunday.

Muh mike tyson.
Your just some manlet.

Why are you doing boxing matches if you do not train at a boxing gym?

You are a fucking retard

You aren't using your hips are you? Go find a boxing gym and work on form and cardio, strength is less important.

It doesn't matter how much you lift. Boxing is all about footwork and muscle memory. You can't learn it in a month it's not possible. If I were in your shoes I would practise overhand rights. It's a great power punch that lands beautifully on taller oppoentes. I'm assuming you are orthodox. Start jumping rope every day, it will improve your footwork. Watch some of the pros train and try to copy what they do, I recommend lomanchecko. Also don't be a fool and get in a sparring match if you don't know shit about boxing.

That's too cheap.

Here's what you do which will be perfect for you. Go in for the old head-body wombo-combo. You go for the head, but he tries to block, then you go for the body. It's a pretty complicated maneuver, but if you start practicing now you might be able to get it in time for the fight.
Next you'll want to toss in a special uppercut. Go in low. Focus all your energy into your mitt. When he thinks you're going to hit him with the uppercut he's going to try and avoid it, but you're not going to throw an orthodox uppercut. It's going to be a special southpaw nittoryu uppercut with both arms. Grab him with your arms then push press him into the sky like he was a 7 foot barbell. This should be easy since push presses are easier than OHPs. Rep him out for a set of 5 and then drop him on the canvas. He'll be confused, but still full of energy.
Next you want to use "Turtle Style" boxing on him. Put your guard up to protect both your body and your head simultaneously but let him hit you a few times. Then fall on your back like a turtle. Start insulting his 1RM and small muscles. He's going to try and charge you while you while you're on your back. Grab him with both mitts again and start bench pressing him with perfect form. You need to do this quick because I don't know if it's legal in boxing and the ref might step in and try to stop it or something.
Okay, so now he's pretty fucked up. All you have to do is just knock him down again in any manner of your choosing. Then when you get him knocked down, just deadlift him 20 times for reps, this should be easy if you can deadlift 455. Just slam him down on the ground at the end and that should be the end of the fight.
Good luck user, us powerlifters need to stick together.

Weightlifting is not conducive to boxing ability.

You need to be fast and fluid, ohp and bench will just make you still and slow. Use the cable machines the way boxers train. Shadowbox with light dumbbells. Build your cardio.

Since you're a complete noon you literally just need a good jab, good cardio and then a strong 1-2 you can spam when your opponent gets tired.

this desu

Fuck this is great, I'm dead

Reason you gor beat was because technique, not strenght, even if you had a year to train the result would be the same. If you are a novice one month of training is a lot for boxing so get lessons.

this is why women choose mates based on height

Attached: anakin.jpg (727x606, 44K)

If I had to give you two exercises, apart from boxing, obviously, which you should be doing every day if you wanna get better at boxing, then do bodyweight hip thrusts, and some sort of rotational press. Landmine twists or half kneeling cable rotational presses are my preferred ones. Also look up videos on boxing footwork and boxing form

Fuck all these idiots in this thread.

My friend, you need to find a good coach that will drill the fundamentals into you whereby it becomes second nature. The problem is however 90% of coaches know fuckall. I have been through a series of coaches, and the best one i had found was quite honestly immpecable at breaking down fundamental techniques. This is important because if you learn the fundamentals correctly from a good coach, it will allow you to be offensive and defensive simultaneously. Theres a reason its called the sweet science, only the greats can break the rules and get away with it so theres no real reason to mimic any style. Just take the best components from fundanentally superior boxers such as Terrance Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Vasyl Lomachenco, Gennady Golovkin. Also boxing is 90% balance and footwork/weighted transfer of the feet/ core movement which applies to most stand up styles.

Perfect the fundamentals and THEN apply varied techniques to create your style.

LISTEN UP KID YOU GOTTA BREATH AND GET THAT OXYGEN

you need strong, fast working legs and lower back muscles that don't tear when jerked too quickly to push punch momentum

No fucking around you should get some skills from an actual boxing gym, like proper form and footwork. Since youre shorter you need to get into closer range so that he cant abuse his arm length. You should work on geting fast as fuck too, as well as cardio and endurance so you can dodge like a champ.

Get into super close range, then run away and stay out of range with endurance if the vibe is bad.

t. ex karate

>What can I do in this time to prepare against a larger opponent?
Shadowbox.

>I can ohp 165 for 1 and deadlift 455 for 1. This ain't much but I've seen him lift before and he's nowhere near as strong as me.
Strength ahs nothing to do with fighting. Only Americans would believe so.

>I have access to a gym, a swimming pool, a bike, and a boxing bag, but that's about it. Can't really afford boxing lessons or a boxing gym.
SHADOWBOXING.

If you don't believe me, ask the Cubans and Soviets. Also the ancient Greeks. Oh, and the bare knuckle boxers from the 1700s.

Shadow boxing is the most important exercise. Imagine an opponent and go to town. Don't do uit full speed (ruins your joints) and don't do it slow motion (ruins the momentum).

>Also boxing is 90% balance and footwork/weighted transfer of the feet/ core movement which applies to most stand up styles.
A non-bullshit post about boxing? On Jow Forums? I feel a disturbance in the astral dimension.

The only interesting bit was Rikiishi lol

Honestly, fighting a taller, heavier guy in a boxing match means you're going to need better technique. If both of you don't have that then of course you're going to lose unless he's a complete idiot.

Trial lessons and then train what you learned in them by yourself probably. Everything effective you could do without instruction requires a sparring partner.

Here's my situation
>live in a college town in Wisconsin.
24/7 gym including sauna, tanning, and boxing lessons Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat. with different coaches at every session is $40 per month.

Theis what you need user:
>Get up you son of a bitch cause Micky loves ya
>A pro nigga boxer
>A job in the meat frezzer
>Rope jump rope
>"Mann white duudes have no rythm"
>Some stairs
>2-4 eags a day
>

Kek

>tfw when no old hardass to call you a jackass while you do pushups

Will we ever make it?