/FAST/ - #166 - Milky Way Edition

>working discord (permanent link)
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: milkyway.jpg (1280x720, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mamanatural.com/best-magnesium-supplement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lose 19 lbs on a 7 day fast. Its been 2 days since I broke it and I regained 11 lbs of water weight. Is 8 lbs in a week good?

what do you think?its great. You might still regain a bit more tho

8lbs is decent, that's like 28k calories burned

On 50 hours. Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

deeper into my fasts I only need like 5 hours of sleep but I dont feel tired at all

innawoods post your soup reciple please

I haven't fasted in a week and I am regretting that. My body has become tuned to OMAD and eating 3 meals a day for the last 7 days has fucked me up.

>180cm
>79kg
>labour work/active

. What should I do prior to dry fast?
. Is just mixing sodium into water enough for water fasting? I'm waiting for my potassium.

I am trying to do my first 48h fast.
I have been watching SD videos but he makes it sounds too complicated.

SD literally has videos titles saying "for dummies". If you watch those and still think it's complicated I don't know what to tell ya

my week was kinda similar, but even with 2 meals i'm feeling bloated as fuck

What additional supplements do you take daily with your fasting, anons? I'm talking about stuff that doesn't break your fast like Yohimbine HCL.

I just can't fucking believe it. As I'm typing this I just want to tear up. I've been logging in my weight every morning on MFP, and I just began snake fasting one week ago.

I just can't believe the strides I'm making. I finally broke the 210 pounds mark and seeing myself break below 200 for the first time in my life way before the end of this month seems so, so very achievable.

I can't believe it's this fucking easy. I have so many days, weeks, months worth of weight and calories logged in MFP from my time in /fat/, and I'm looking at the graph, and my progress now in just a week of /fast/ is significantly better than months and months worth of just cutting back calories and lifting/running every day or other day.

And that's even with 2 meal refeeds in this week (Got complications like heart palpitations but now I've worked out the perfect balance for my snake juice and now my body is happy with me fasting)

we're all gonna make it.

>everyone is talking about taking sodium and potassium supplements during fasts

I drink mineral water during my five-day water fasts and I feel fine. What are you supposed to feel if your sodium and potassium is low?

Attached: san-pellegrino.jpg (1096x851, 67K)

Yes I’m the same. Did obsessive calorie counting for a long time. To be honest I don’t really mind. It was part of the journey and has given me a really good understanding of calories and macros in different foods that I’m sure will be handy going forward.

>headaches, heart palpitations = need to drink more snake juice
>the shits = need to lessen the sodium/potassium
>constipated = need more water and/or snake juice

I'm almost under 530 lbs, down from 600+ 6 months ago. I didn't start fasting for real until about a month ago, but I started with OMAD.

What does it mean when you almost pass out in the morning during your piss?

Can I take ZMA, Ashwagandha, GABA and melatonin when I'm on my fasting period?

Attached: 1521014974215.png (657x527, 38K)

ZMA for sure yes. Magnesium is important for the absorption of potassium, and everything in the zma has 0 calories and won't kick you out of fast mode

I don't know anything about the other 3

Good continue for a year.Break world record

Post pics

hi thanks for asking!!

for the broth you either need boiling water or boiling chicken stock (4 cups of liquid either way)

add soy sauce or bouillon cube to taste

add potassium to taste

pre-boil any vegetables if you want those

add $0.12 noodles if you want calories

i am experimenting with magnesium pills tonight because i am still getting minor restless leg syndrome all night

Attached: IMG_9388.jpg (1839x3264, 1.29M)

Same. I built some good muscle during those times, but you wouldn't really see it cause of all my excess fat and flab. But now it's starting to show, and I'm excited to lose even more fat

>i am experimenting with magnesium pills tonight because i am still getting minor restless leg syndrome all night

let us know how that works out for you senpai, i take zma but still get that same thing sometimes

sure thing, how much do you take? im going to try 500mg with just enough water to coat my stomach, or maybe with a pickle or fiber supp

>5' 8" 235 lbs
60 hours in snake juice fast (1 tsp salt and 1 tsp potassium per liter, drinking 1.5 liters a day). My anxiety is really high, feel weak and everytime i move my heart beats faster than usual. What am i doing wrong?

doing 2 days fast 1 day OMAD at night, dropped 4 kilos and 1.5 inches off my belly since April 1

dis shit good

electrolyte depletion, need to increase concentration. just drinking more mineral water isn't gonna help too much; it's an issue of salt::water ratio.

450mg which is calculated at 113% of the recommended daily value

Do you feel dizzy when you stand up to your feet or walking up the stairs? Any vomitting?

what are your favourite veggies to go into soup?no idea what to put into it

anway yesterday I broke my 95h fast because I wanted to try the OMAD gorge.It has been 20 hours since I ate 4800kcal in one hour and I am up 1lb which is probably just water weight and glycogen

first thing: break the fast. there's no point trying to bull through cardiac symptoms when you're a beginner. When you start a new fast experiment with your snakejuice; the various quantities you see here are suggestions and most people end up tweaking it anyway.
My totally not a doctor diagnosis: you've depleted glycogen stores and are having a hard time transitioning out; very low blood sugar but other sources aren't switching on enough. Was your diet previously high carb? how long have you been fat? any t2 diabetes or borderline diagnosis? Buy some ketostrips if you can so you can monitor your transitions

>fasting is a meme
/fat/ is never gonna make it.

Attached: 1454542528579.gif (192x224, 41K)

Not quite dizzy, but lightheaded. No vomiting yet.

I would suggest spinach because its really easy to boil or like precooked peas or green beans. anything really easy. it's a pain in the ass to sit there and wait for the actual overpriced raw veggies to boil.

Like all of my salt is coming from table salt, potassium is coming from nosalt, and soon I'm pretty confident the magnesium pill will work today. Everything else is covered by a multivitamin if necessary. And all of this stuff is super cheap compared to actual food haha.

Some people suggested a dietary source of magnesium from nuts and seeds- bitch, that's a lot of calories and money and undigestable shit going into my stomach. I'll take the pill thanks!

if vomitting, it would've fit the bill for the symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis

anyways, if you feel something is very wrong with your body, break your fast- that's the general agreed upon rule in /fast/

As for your snake juice mixture, I don't see anything wrong with it. Are you taking magnesium as well?

Previous diet was moderate-high carb, been fat for 2.5 years, pre-diabetic at one point from blood testing, current keto strip test says between 40-80 mg/dl. When you say break the fast, do you mean refeed or go back to full meals?

lightheadedness while standing up quickly is too be expected while fasting. I've had it for months. It goes away with more salt intake. Nearly everything goes away with more salt, the rest is just benign

Not currently, thinking about starting a multi-vitamin though.

refeed. if heart symptoms don't improve get yer ass to a doctor. breaking into fasting for long periods might be a little tricky for you based on your past; just keep trying and monitor yourself; break when you start feeling dangerous and then try again. eventually you'll break through the hormone dysregulation and then you'll be golden

>Strict keto-diet (Fast 48 - 72 hours
Fasting is easy as shit when you're in ketosis already when you start. My energy levels have been through the roof and in general I feel really great and motivated. This is cheating for weight loss. Always been the "strongfat" cunt who looks like shit without a shirt but this summer it's going to be different finally. Thanks /fast/

Tweak dat snake juice, increase amounts. Innawoods quantities work for him because he's hella thin, big guys gonna need more. Try Coles 1liter recipe and back off it if you get the shits

I mean if you are just anxious and feel a bit fatigued, I would push through as long as possible. Then break it with a tiny keto meal when you are super tired, and repeat that fasting routine until you are about 135 lbs or 8% body fat.

It's normal to feel weird, anxious, or have some faster heart beats or palpitations the first time you fast. They do go away, and your body adapts to the fasting. Its all new to you now. Just keep going unless you are just light headed (not just when you stand up at first) or super fatigued. And like I said break it with a tiny keto meal and try again.

I wanted to tell you that OMAD might be magic :(

Magic as in "it doesn't work" or magic as in "holy shit it works!"

Because it's definitely the second one haha

Attached: hah.jpg (334x535, 157K)

Best way to reduce kidney acidity?

as in holy shit

combine a shot glass of lemon juice with 1.5 shot glasses of water

If you don't fresh squeeze lemons, what brand of lemon juice do you use?

it's in the fridge downstairs, it's some imported italian shit I think but it was a reasonable price, like $4 for a bottle that will last a week easily

The main thing you want is 100% REAL LEMON JUICE ***NOT FROM CONCENTRATE***

Or just squeeze lemons but thats a pain in the ass. If it isn't from concentrate, then it works,i cured my kidney stones from keto this way

starting weight and height?

lemon squeezer is something everyone should have desu

Always remember to use iodinized salt for your water.
After fasting for 2 weeks I was feeling really tired and started having sexual problems and kept sleeping for long periods of time.
After going to my doctor they checked me for hypothyroidism and found out that I was deficient in iodide.
All my salts specifically said at the bottom "This salt does not supply iodide, a necessary nutrient."
Hypothyroidism will slow down your metabolism and make you gain weight even if you are eating below your calorie intake.

Do you I really need to run out and get potassium if I'm only doing a 48 hour water fast? Or can I just do a water/salt mixture

you dont need it for 48 hours, dont overhydrate

What is considered overhydration?

more than 2L of water per day if you don't live in a hot climate or sweat a lot per day

if your pee is clear and you're going every few hours, you're overhydrated and your pissing away your much needed salts

Couldn't get pre packed lemon juice, but got some lemons. I looked it up and lemon juice has 11 calories for about 4 tbsp. This wont break my fast?

It is magic.

it won't, it's very minor, i promise i'm not trying to meme you, if you are having kidney issues, alkalizing your blood is infinitely more important than 11 calories :)

you'll burn 11 calories walking up the steps when you go to bed at night

So it wont throw me out of ketosis by much?

when you break your fasts do you take enough veggie to avoid being constipated like snekman says you should?

You should be worried about your fast being broken by an insulin response, not breaking ketosis. You could pound a cup of lemon juice and still not break ketosis.

my refeeds these days are almost entirely liquid because fiber is a fucking meme and most people here are plugged up from too much fiber

>liquid
so if I want to do solid refeeds I should not exclude fiber right?

My whole family has been fat for as long as I can remember. I'm making huge strides in getting thinner and my family is starting to take notice.

Of course they're dumbfounded and angry about it thinking it's starving and not fasting. I think I've done a good job explaining the benefits and how it works and how obese the country is, as well as how huge the weight loss industry is. That if eating 3-6 times a day was normal, then the U.S. wouldn't have such a big obese epidemic.

What fuels me to reach my low body fat goal is to be living proof to my family that this works. So that maybe they'll change too for the better. We're all gonna make it

so I'm on day three of OMAD, eating around 1500kcal, mostly fats and protein, training every day. My TDEE is around 3500kcal (6'4/195cm, 247lbs/112kg). I... gained 2 kg during those 3 days. What's going on?

sick progress breh! proud of you
>he's gonna make it

Can a 300lb person really fast the excess skin away as they lose weight? I'd love to see some sources if this is the case.

I will never ever learn not to jump up from the couch whenever I have to get or do something.

You can make it less severe, but at that size you will need surgery once you get back to a normal weight.

>neighbour is cooking bacon

I have a kinda similar situation, my dad is a fucking obese pig, mom is on the wrong side of chubby, and so are my closest cousins

I'm 5'6/125lbs and terrified of becoming like them which is why I started fasting, maybe showing them that I feel absolutely fine and it's safe if you do it right will encourage them or something, I hope

godspeed user

>sniff bacon
>get insulin response

Attached: 1523032100469.jpg (827x304, 36K)

I better open my windows

think about it this way. do you want a normal amount of fiber in your colon from spinach or a small fiber supp dose, or do you want a massive plug of starchy fibrous vegetables in your colon that takes forever to come out?

whoever said ODing on fiber is healthy is a marketing scam and a fraud and knows nothing about digestive health

if you are doing solid refeeds (like meat), eat a bit of vegetables to go with it. the rest of your calories and liquids should be coming from salty soup, as this is the only thing that is responsible for forcing shit out of your ass without forcefully stimulating your colon

>Milky Way Edition
h*ck off spherecuck

Attached: nb.jpg (537x264, 202K)

Will taking an ibuprofen break my fast?

im on that good kush and magnesium

$5 a bottle at CVS and amazon

Attached: IMG_9395.png (640x1136, 733K)

im 6'0 214. How many calories should I consume on OMAD to lose two pounds a week?

if you OMAD on salty low-calorie soup I can get you to lose 4-5lbs a week

Ive got a cabinet full of 160-180 call progresso. Will that work?

this is absolutely the kind of stuff you can eat :)

your water weight will fluctuate heavily on the scale, but you will see a decline every few days. you'll be shitting well and you will feel satiated, without any muscle cramps or soreness or headaches

Thanks for the tips! One last question, how many calories of soup should I be consuming during this hour?

I would be shocked if you could eat over 1500 calories day after day in this method

Compare that to how quickly you can eat 1500 calories of cheese and crackers :)

Additionally, you can take one can of soup, and then add your own additional broth mixture (water, stock, bouillon cubes, soy sauce,etc). So youll get twice the broth and feel more full more quickly

The most I ever ate was 9lbs of soup in one hour hahha. over a gallon of liquid

give any diet 2 weeks to really see how it affects you. Be sure to measure your waist along with the scale. It took 1 week of OMAD for me to suddenly drop 3.5 kilos just like that, before that the scale wouldn't budge but my waistline was shrinking.

I ate a medium (6 slices) pizza today for my nightly OMAD, this diet rocks lol

Damn it now I want pizza.

dry fast 3 days a week for a few months and see what you end up like. You can always get surgery afterwards, do some cycles of dry fasting before you consider it.

Isn't magnesium orotate the best mag pill you can take? I have the healthaid ones, 400mg.

thanks for the reply
I'll start measuring my waist yes, thank you. I'm also wondering about the physics of what's happening; is it water retention?

How much do you weigh now?

no clue, i only decided that i needed these last night after 4 days of leg cramps

what do you think?

medicinal water > snake poison

Attached: 20180405_142740.jpg (3088x3088, 3.38M)

104kg
could be. Sometimes the weight just plateaus for a while before dropping like a rock, who knows. I just do what works consistently over time.
mamanatural.com/best-magnesium-supplement/
you should get the orotate ones, I've been using HealthAid supplements for years, they are pretty good.

Fat cells can get temporarily filled with water when you burn fat rapidly. When the water gets expunged you'll see a large drop in weight and bloat.

I got happy I made it under 300 lbs, then I thought how did things get so bad? I used to be 200. then I bought a Supreme large and polished it off

What's in it?

Sodium, potassium magnesium etc at levels not observed in regilar shop water. You can't drink to much. Read the fucking label. The amounts are in metric.

I meant below the element values. I don't speak snow nigger.