How do you train inseason for rugby specifically locks I'm losing my beautiful gainz due to shitass light lifting what...

How do you train inseason for rugby specifically locks I'm losing my beautiful gainz due to shitass light lifting what do

Attached: 3545928.jpg (618x360, 44K)

Do a full body session Mon/Tues/Thurs.
Start with compounds like skwhats, bench, olympic lifts and diddlies. Then go on to do accessories. Don't do long heavy sessions, I'll give you my in season program. Make sure you're eating plenty of calories too

thanks bud appreciate it

Mon:
Back Squat, 3x6
Dumbbell Snatch 3x6 (3 each arm)
Barbell Jammer press 3x6
Weighted Dips 3x8
3x1 min plank
Plyometrics session at the end

Tuesday:
Bench press/Inverted row superset 3x6
Power cleans 5x2
DB Row 3x6 (3 e/a)
DB Shoulder Press 12-8-6-8-12
Preacher Curls 3x12

Thurs:
Front Squat 3x4
SLDL 3x6
Incline DB bench 3x8
Weighted pull ups 3x6
Plyos

/thread basically

You’re looking to maintain not acquire gains in season whilst combating the huge cardio you’re doing, so these full body sessions are pretty necessary

You can't train like that during any kind of semi serious season of sports.
That's off season stuff.

During season you just do basic maintenance work once or twice a week and train for your sport the rest of the time.

You don't even do that if you're on the impressive amount of gear the average NFL player is on.

I do and it works out fine, sessions only last about 45 mins if you do it properly

Do you skip sessions getting within a week of a game

Off season stuff would be more like 5x5 then accessories eg:
Bench 5x5
Incline DB bench 3x8
DB Flies 3x12
Dips 3x12

No it wouldn't.
That's sub optimal nonsense.
Off season and with gear is when they can go ham on high weight high rep lifting.

You're either lifting light as fuck or you're playing back up highschool tier stuff.
Because I've never personally played any sport where you lifted even semi seriously more then once or twice a week during the season.
Not even the guys who are on serious gear does that kind of thing.

It's dangerous and just fucks your recovery sidewasy.

Nah, so the program that I posted is what I do all season, maybe swap stuff about every few months to keep it fresh.
I play club rugby so I have a game every week(excluding the 6/8 weeks off in summer), weather permitting. So I do those sessions in the afternoon, then have food, then on a Tuesday and Thursday I go to rugby training at about 6:30. I don't lift on Wednesdays and Friday so I get a lot of rest. Only drawback is you have to eat a fuck tonne of calories otherwise you end up with no energy

Do you play rugby at a high level?

No, but I imagine that the OP is a natural man who's in his 20's and that Rugby is at least as strenuous as college football.

So...
How are you going to do those multiple day workouts during season as a natty?

Jelly, wish I was back in it for those neck gainzz

I'm natty, 19 years old, play at the 3rd highest club level in Scotland. I eat properly so I recover really well. You clearly don't understand the physical demands of rugby, if you're not hitting the gym 2/3 times a week then you'll come up against somebody who does and they'll fuck you. Hard. Also if you're a pro or in an academy then you're in the gym constantly, strength and conditioning is one of the biggest aspects of the game. So my answer is, good nutrition, good fitness, stretching and keeping gym sessions to less than an hour so they don't physically drain you

This is offseason. Inseason would depend on genetics and ability to recover.

Inseason, my guess, would be something like fullbody 2 times per week and hiit 1-2 times per week.

hinge
squat
push
pull
core

Attached: rugbyoffseasonpart2.png (945x939, 757K)

Yeah well, have fun with that.
When I played, a serious lifting session would put everyone under the gym.
And just dicking around in the gym fr 30 minutes rather then just perfecting your skills and doing sports specific training is dumb as hell in my opinion.

t.amateur

position?

9/10. You?

Hooker
Flanker
Last match number 8

Decent

Op here i'm thinking i should work out friday and sunday something like this
friday
Squat 4x5
Push press (since i usually lift at lineout ) 6x2
Chinup 3x8
Sunday
lighter squat 2x5
heavier Snatch grip deadlift 5x2
High pulls 10x3 i like these
Strict overhead press 4x6

I wanna do something like this because i usually feel good on the weekend and can go hard btw i play number 5 feel free to add or take way some garbage i want to switch to number 3 but i'm lock for now

That's decent bro, what days do you train & play on?

we're practicing every day because we have a bunch of games coming up and i'm feeling beat up as fuck on weekdays i got a tournament coming up on the 15th

Sounds good, in your case it's sensible to only lift 2x a week

reminder the only good position to play is prop

t.

Attached: 1517439251782.png (924x720, 1.04M)