Lifting doesn't improve bad posture. AT ALL

Lifting doesn't improve bad posture. AT ALL

Attached: 1501561812883.jpg (199x253, 9K)

Wrong.

Deadlift improved my posture big time

>that 30 year old guy in comp sci major

You spend 90 minutes a day in the gym with good posture and then 10 hours a day with bad posture

It doesn't fix your posture

Unless you maintain terrible posture and don't actively try to improve it as you get stronger then yeah. However to improve posture you definetly need to strenghen the muscles along with fixing your bad postural habits.

Muscle growth results in resting position changes.
Kys retard.

wrong again. You go to the gym for self improvement which includes better walking/sitting posture which is further supported by a stronger core through going to the gym and so on

Maybe if you're in space or in the ocean but not when you're sitting in your computer chair

Heavy rows and zercher sqauts make me stand straight as an arrow

what routine do i need to get a spine like that?

24x7 counter strike

You are stupid, You are literally saying you will only use good posture at the gym, and make no attempt to keep good posture outside of the gym.

Someone should have told me that I need to keep one foot in the gym all day long. I thought diet, lifting and stretching would be enough for me to be able to sit on a stool without being made fun of

Don't you mean 7 x 24

Just because youre not in a gym doesn't mean you should stop making effort outside the gym.

If you have bad posture, just lay on workout bench hold dumbbells above you then keep your arms straight and bring them down above your head, and I mean _

Deadlifts reinforced my bad posture

A kyphotic upper back is better for deadlifts as it reduces the range of motion

>that guy who does a 2:1 push-pull ratio

Bad posture is a meme, how much of a brainlet do you have to be to run around like Quasimodo?

*does one deadlift*

You will make a fine heir with that mighty hump

Attached: burns.png (1000x757, 567K)

Hes just perfect

Attached: 1523176323971.jpg (544x841, 47K)

Front squats improve posture dramatically

The beauty of the Fibonacci spiral is everywhere

Attached: Fibonacci.webm (202x360, 736K)

this

This. After activating your back you find out how to carry yourself without immediate injury.

Well seeing as bad posture is caused by imbalances in muscle strength, you're wrong.
Although you do have to make a conscious effort to correct the imbalance instead of just lifting and hoping it will go away.

That hurt my spine just watching

it doesnt.
i lift and im slightly hunched.

this may be the worst curve ive ever seen

I don't use this word often but god i'm shook

Attached: 1501706622284.png (696x788, 33K)

I hurt my back due to bad posture on a bad chair. It's been a couple of days, I have difficulty to sit on a chair, quite uncomfortable and get a light impression of dizziness. Any idea what exercise would heal my back?

weird he gets into position and pretends like he's going to have decent form for a second and then repositions himself into that monstrosity

Attached: 1518120450490.png (1600x1083, 2.25M)

OP you're somewhat right, 99% of programs on internet have at beast equal ratio of pulling and pushing exercises, almost all are dominated by push. Bad posture (hunched back) is usually caused by muscle tightness in the front (chest area) and/or chest muscle overdevelopment compared to back muscles. To fix posture problems you have to find or create decent weightlifting program that focuses on strengthetnkng your whole back - your lower, mid back, especially upper back and posterior deltoid muscles. I would recommend 2:1 ratio of pulling to pushing exercise volume.

Why do you lie?

> he doesn't know reps/sets are commutative

Attached: harrison-ford.jpg (960x720, 133K)

Make an effort to sit up straight you fucking moron. Repeat when you catch yourself slouching. There, posture fixed.

>I learned how to make Ratatouille at culinary school but then I went home and ordered a pizza. Culinary school is a fucking ripoff!!

>and I mean _

he is laying on his back with his arms in the air hold dumbbells brings his arms back while keeping them straight to point his whole body is parallel then bring them back up.

wat

nevermind, I cant explain shit.

They very obviously aren't considering rest times, nigger.

The second explanation made sense, is a brainlet

how do i fix my posture then

care to extrapolate?

Or
Hear me out on this one
Stretch

Imagine putting on a belt to DL like that.

I'm sure he lifts all of the time, OP

Fucking faggot

Bad posture is the result of muscle imbalances, so there are ways to improve your posture by lifting or make it worse by lifting. This is why full body workout is good for beginners, it starts evening out your imbalances. Stretching is also good for this.

OP, OP, OP you have certainly disappointed me now.
>says lifting doesnt fix anything
DYEL.jpg

Jesus fuck, this.

I'm fairly strong and fit thanks to the fact that I was doing sports and lifting since I was 13 or 14, but apart from that I was spending most of my time either in front of the computer screen or slouching over books at school, so no wonder my head is positioned too far forward and no fucking deadlifts are going to fix it. Dyels tend to overestimate lifting in many aspects.

i can rep 405 and i look like ops pic, lol

Lifting and strength are one part of the equation, mobility is the other. Once both are in place, your habits have to change and you should be able to fix your bad posture.

>He thinks one set of 10 is equivalent to 10 singles.

You are wrong, but keep coping with not lifting. There's always a valid excuse to not lift.

Entirely depends on the lifts you're doing. For me what helped most weren't actually any lifts but rather stretching and mobility exercises.

it does tho

Pullups