Is this protein style shit actually acceptable or is it just a way for fatties to trick themselves into thinking...

Is this protein style shit actually acceptable or is it just a way for fatties to trick themselves into thinking they’re eating healthy while also eating fast food?

Attached: 5278C1A9-2A85-4BFD-8CBD-3359A8ADF607.jpg (2816x2112, 567K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Still 17g of fat
>Still 370mg of sodium

It's a meme that'll ruin your gains.

>falling for the antisodium jew

Attached: 1509408274403.png (680x680, 196K)

It's decent in a pinch, provided the meat used isn't shit. The awful carb/fat ratio is the biggest issue with fast food burgers.

Enjoy that high blood pressure, I guess

Correct
No, Carbohydrates make sedentary people obese.
>carbs are needed to build muscle
shiggy

thats a meme, the only evidence of decreased bp is on old fucks with bp through the roof anyhow. There are plenty of "non-responders" who experience no increase in bp even with excessive salt intake.

Sodium only causes high blood pressure if you don't know how to drink water

it is healthy.
we need fats and sodium in our diet and neither of those is high

nice momscience bro.

The disgusting processed carb bun are the unhealthiest part.

Better than the shitty buns but still not ideal I guess.

1. Carbs intake is correlated with higher testosterone and lower cortisol. Low carbs diets drastically decrease testosterone.

2. Obese people eat fatty stuff all day, there is not one meal they eat that isn't full of fat. Carbs alone will never make people fat, ask asians and all the cultures in history that couldn't afford oils and fats and almost only ate carbs.

"High" carb diets (Most Asian, Mediterranian, etc.) actually have extremely tight portion control, something American cuisine does not.

The bun on an American hamburger is more carbs than a Japanese man would eat in three days.

I used to cook burgers at In n out

these things are healthy as fuck (as a semi cheat meal) if you hold the sauce.

I used to get a free meal every shift I worked and I lived on protein style 4 meat no cheese burgers in college 4-5x a week

shit was cash

you can also ask for no salt if you fall for that meme

What's wrong with the sauce and cheese?

Why do you fucking lie like that, what the fuck is wrong with you. Those buns have max 15g of carbs. These people eat white rice all day. You tried to claim they eat 5g of carbs per day you fucking idiot.

It's fucking 30g of carbs, you mong

ok, if its mustard then its fine, but the sauce is calorie dense with some dairy and sugar that you just dont need
the cheese...well I personally dont think adding cheese to a protein style is all that helpful. You can get better nutrition from adding a beef patty then adding cheese slices.

Not to say the cheese at In N out is bad or anything, its just counter productive IMO if you are trying to get the healthiest cheat meal you can out of fast food.

>asians eat 10g of rice per day
>10 fucking grams

Still retarded and an outright lie. Try more like 150-300g of carbs from legumes, rice, veggies and 1-2 fruits.

wrong, the buns are carb loaded.

If there is any "fast food quality" item at in n out, its the buns. you could leave off making meals out of every food item in in n out and be healthy, but those buns are about as useful as sucking down a shake

>150g of carbs a day
>Americans think this is "normal"

Attached: That's about 90 bucks, you stupid gaijin.png (753x878, 447K)

Enjoy your low test dumbass.

>scared of carbs
>eats 100g of fat per day

Here's McDonalds, we are talking about buns in general. They are mostly in the 30g range. Which is absolutely nothing compared to every culture in history that has eaten legumes, veggies and grains primarily. You know, back when obesity didn't exist.

Attached: buns.png (952x619, 49K)

>You know, back when obesity didn't exist.

Attached: Venus of Willendorf.jpg (220x349, 20K)

Top argument, good thing to see you know nothing about history.

Nice rebuttal

>Statistical analysis (ANCOVA) revealed the Free-Testosterone/Cortisol ratio decreased significantly (p < 0.01) from pre-study resting measurement (Pre 1) to the final post-study resting measurement (Rest) in the low-Carbohydrates group (-43%), but no change occurred (p > 0.05) in the control-Carbohydrates group (-3%)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182

Didn't someone propose that it could have been a self-portrait by a pregnant woman?

Good thing all the african men that praised this type of body were bones-protuding skinny.

You are simply hypocritical, by showing a statue as an argument when it is widely known that obesity was extremely rare before not long ago.

Worldwide fat consumption has a direct correlation with the obesity epidemic.

>momscience the post

Attached: 7F2E2322-5AB3-4E3D-AD7D-A1178B74684A.jpg (496x311, 38K)

Illiterate Brainlet : The Post

>was extremely rare before not long ago.

So was it extremely rare or did it not exist?

>Worldwide fat consumption has a direct correlation with the obesity epidemic.
This statement by itself means nothing. As people eat more food period they eat more fat. Theres no control for the other variables in diet.

>You are simply hypocritical, by showing a statue as an argument when it is widely known that obesity was extremely rare before not long ago.
How is that hypocritical??

Read this illiterate brainlet :

>Not a flying dutchman w/ grilled onions and spread

>dyel the post

Well yeah the patties are like a cm thick...

All these so called bodybuilders and gurus on Jow Forums who avoid fast food like the plague can't even lift 1/2/3/4. It's like everything else, fine in moderation.

I'd bet everyone who sperged out about fast food in the this thread has a physique like pic related.

Attached: KG7qX.jpg (286x286, 17K)

>dietary fat makes you fat

Retard

>anime poster calling anyone else dumb

Daily reminder that the Japanese think you're gross and creepy

calories in calories out you dumb fuck holy shit

>litteral fat doesn't add to your fat stores

Attached: 1521610124550.png (514x438, 20K)

Spiking your insulin from eating carbs all the time prevents you from burning. People who eat high fat/low carb are generally leaner than people who eat high carb.

Japanese actually eat more carbs on average than americans

the difference is its mostly rice, not refined carbs and sugars

Absolutely false. "High fat" people look like shit, if they're not fat they look unhealthy with a bad skin tone (yellowish or grey) from their liver having to process all that fat.

>all the time
There, you're not supposed to always be eating. If you eat your carbs in 3 different meals a day and fast the rest of the time you'll have no issue. Snacking is a problem.

Processed food in any way is complete shit for your body.

A cooked chicken breast that you make at home is "Processed Food"

Oh great so low carbs leads to either lower free test or higher cortisol, sweet!

Processed food is almost universally accepted to mean:
chicken, beef, and ham loaf (deli sliced "pressed" chicken, etc)
Hot dogs, Pasta, prepackaged shelf stable foods.

A raw chicken breast you cook at home is a whole food. It's easily identifiable what animal or plant it came from

industrially processed, you tool

don't argue semantics

Refined grains, mate. They eat much less of grains. Gluten "craze" is backed by science at this point, it fucks up your gut, your insulin sensitivity and compromises your immune system. Also japanese eat very few of sugar, their confectionary are not sweet at all for an average american. Try mochi, if you don't believe me.

So you mean "Preserved Foods", not processed.

no

A breast cooked in vegetable oil and one cooked in clarified butter/lard/coconut oil are not the same. Stop cooking your meat with unsaturated fats. Olive oil is cool thogh, but only in salads and being stored in the fridge.

>white rice is not a refined grain

I wish.

>Worldwide fat consumption
Get a load of this idiot. Fats? Not refined highly geneticaly modified grains, corn and sugars? Well, ketogenic/paleo diets must be death sentences then. Stop shilling for Kraft.
Rice is not a true grain and it doesn't contain gluten. But yeah, remove all those fibrous veggies asians eat and rice will make you obese in no time flat.

>Rice is not a true grain
By what fucking definition?
>A grain is a small, hard, dry seed, with or without an attached hull or fruit layer
Sounds like rice to me.

>b : the seeds or fruits of various food plants including the cereal grasses
Note that rice and wheat (which I'll assume you agree is a "true grain") belong to the poaceae family, and are considered cereals.

>it doesn't contain gluten
Does the presence of gluten determine whether a grain is considered refined or not?
For the sake of the argument, pretend that glutenfree wheat exists:
Would it then not be considered a refined grain, no matter the degree of refining it goes through?

depends on your macros duderino.

Have you not done shit all day and don't intend to do shit? You didn't need all those carbs in the buns then.

Just finish a great workout and didn't pig out during the day? Enjoy the buns, hun.

I'd personally ask for a shit ton more lettuce, cut up the patty and make a big ass, filling salad out of it.

Just don’t, remove yourself from the grain tit

Yeah, my fuckup, it's a grain, I obviously meant gluten containing cereals like wheat, oats, barley and rye. My point is the way you cook your food and what you eat it with matters. Eating tonns of rice without fiber will make you fat. Actually, Jow Forums doesn't talk about stuff like time restricted eating and fiber, and those are essential for weight controll.

Nothing drinking some water can't fix

I mean I understand better alternatives would be sweet potatoes, potatoes, beans/lentils or even rice, but it's not THAT bad every once in a while especially if you're working out and doing cardio 5+ times a week.

Veges just don't have the carbs and I think fruits have too much simple sugar given the amount of fiber and won't keep you full for as long

Level of daily activity is higher. They spend more time walking around than a typical American